US General Services Administration logo

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews

One of the best Govt. Agency

One of the best Govt. Agencies to work. Top 5 places to work in the government. Consistently rate high in surveys. I would recommend.

Pros

telework

Cons

Interesting and informative workplace. Great Workplace.

Great workplace, feeling of safety, upward mobility career opportunities, in many cases. Many employees are supportive, and respectful toward each other.

Working as contractor for GSA

If you work as a contractor for GSA no job security irrespective of your performance. You will be thrown out if your vendor could not win the contract.

Work culture pleasant most times mostly directed about employees, GSA had a definite mission serving other Federal Agencies, Management difficult

Workday very busy, I learned contracting procedures, effective communications with Government and the Commercial Sector, effective listening, time management, changing technology, teamwork, designing professional visuals of publications, and other visual communications mediums, Banners, Posters, Flyer's, Brochures, etc. Management were directed by the Commissioner, to follow GSA's Federal Supply Services mission and dedication, In this regard all entities and and divisions had to follow suit. Hardest part of job was adhering to sometimes short deadlines in the productions of Federal Supply Schedule ordering documents, producing, banners, flyer's, briefing materials, trade shows, etc. Most enjoyable part was the end products I produce, which were well accepted And cash awards.

Pros

Two 15 min breaks, 30 min extra for lunch, consistent training, Minimal Supervision

Cons

Project deadlines to short many times. Staying long hours pass reg time, Supervisors where only their to delegate work and were never a source of help

A fast paced jod and complete 100.% accuracy

I loved my job and was very happy then they moved to Delaware I was given the chance to move with them but I couldn’t afford to transfer and they were not paying anyone to go with the company so sad

Pros

No hassles

Cons

Ineresting and rewarding work place.

I worked with a lot of great people and had some interesting tasks to do. It was an educational and fun environment. The office was in a nice location and was well equipped.

Pros

The people.

Cons

Sometimes slow decision making.

Fast Paced

Very fast paced with lots of work. Management was ok. Team was great. I have learned about quality control and how to prepare, scan, and inspect contract documents. Enjoyed the relaxed environment.

Pros

Cons

Contract ended

N/a

GSA is a great place to work. The organizational employees professional and mission oriented personnel. The Federal Government provides medical and family leave for its employees.

Wonderful work environment

Always asked for and allowed input. Would implement individual upgrades across the board, if it worked. I have to leave the position due to family illness.

Pros

Free to develop necessary tools to be more organized.

Cons

unable to work from home in order to keep job.

I enjoyed working for the Federal Government. Great people and benefits. I recommend working for the Federal government for anyone looking for a long-term career.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at US General Services Administration?

Meet with peers, Team Leader, Higher Management. Meet with Assigned Federal Agencies. Keep & maintain Telecom inventories for Assigned Federal Agencies. Recommend money saving opportunities. Meet with Networx Contractors. Settle disagreements between Federal Agencies & Networx Contractors. Networx is a GSA maintained Telecom Contract.

Pros

Great place to work, very busy, a lot of interaction and team work.

Cons

Federal Agency Networks are Critical, can be stressful.

Fleet Management Division

Working with the GSA, Fleet Management Division was an excellent experience. I had a fantastic boss.

I miss it there!

Although I was only there one summer in 2009, I enjoyed working at the Crystal City Branch of GSA

Good place to work. Good atmosphere and great co-workers. The only downfall is I'm a contract employee and do not work for the government.

Great opportunity for growth and upward mobility

I enjoyed the time that I worked on he Pentagon Renovation Project and the individuals that I had the opportunity to work with to meet the needs of our customers. It was an environment that facilitated growth of those engaged in the process.

Pros

Team meetings

Cons

Ensuring that program objectives were being met.

Fast Pace, Technical Intensive Environment. GSA VIP Support.

Employed by Catapult Technology/currently supporting GSA with IT related issues.Support agencies administrator and executive staff.Configuring/troubleshooting technical issues on laptops, servers, desktops, mobile Android and iOS devices including tablets.

Fast pace, technical environment

Configuring/troubleshooting technical issues on laptops, servers, desktops, mobile Android and iOS devices.