US Health Group Employee Reviews

Claims Review Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2018
This is a Great company to work for. CEO has a excellent work model values and goals. Very diverse. The company believes in giving back and helping others.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Benefit Upgrade Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 30, 2018
Good place to work, days are busy. Management is good in all departments, CEO is amazing! Hardest part is educating clients who may call in upset, easiest is working together as a team.
Great energy
Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2018
I have just started and so far it is awesome.. I would def recommend it to anyone who is highly motivated and wants to make a good living... it’s not easy but that is up to you.
Pros
Good living
Cons
You might work 60 hours in a week
Competitive and Stressful
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 11, 2018
They reel you in by promising you'll make tons of money and can be your own boss. That is not the case. You are punished for doing the simplest things, like not wanting to work a Saturday. It is pure commission, so there is no guaranteed paycheck and you are told to work countless hours 7 days a week, even holidays. You are scolded if you take any time off, such as a personal day or if you fall ill, therefore getting less leads, etc. It was supposed to be a way for me to make money at my own pace, but I quickly realized unless you were basically willing to give up your life, there is absolutely no way you will make any money.
Oh, and the money you do make is not "yours". If a client cancels then they take that money away. You can even end up owing the company. So all that hard work and countless hours for nothing.
Do not work for this company.
Pros
The potential to make money
Cons
Terrible leadership and work environment, no check for weeks
good
SPECIMEN COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2018
great people to work with and i would work wit them again if i could. the environment was wonderful, and when you needed help with something the team was always available.
Fun place and great people but commission-only salary is for the birds!
Writing Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 21, 2018
There were courses I had to complete and then I had to take tests for certification, none of which was paid training. This took me about 2-3 weeks and I didn't pass until the third time. Each test cost $69 (I think) and that was money out of my own pocket as well. When I was finally able to get to work, I realized it felt more like glorified outbound telemarketing than working directly with clients. Obviously, I should've listened to my husband!
Pros
Relaxed environment, you set your own hours, Fun people!!
Cons
NO PAYCHECK until you build your own clientele...took too long to see progress!
fun place to work!
Licensing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 6, 2018
The coworkers and management were great people to work with. It is a family-like atmosphere, yet also diverse. The people who work here are really good people who care.
Pros
Management really cares
Great Company
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2018
You have the possibility to make as much money as you would like. It all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into what you do. The more time you devote the more money you can make.
Pros
It is up to you how much money your ear
Cons
It is not as easy as everyone says it will be in the beginning.
Can be rewarding but stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 27, 2017
Unique product and pricing allows for great opportunity but the qualification process is tight. This creates some tough circumstances where some applicants get approved and others do not.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management and Leads
Great job: ready to move onto new oppurtunites
Health Insurance Agent/Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2017
• Selling individual health insurance plans and supplementary products for small business owners, self-employed individuals and their family
• Achieved sales goals through cold calling to business owners and individuals as well as leveraging existing networks, and as proactively hunting and tactfully closing new accounts
• Collaborated with the Research department to obtain options for healthcare
treatment, physicians and facilities to deliver the most affordable and suitable plan to each client
Fast pace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2017
Great company and great people. Work was not stressful at all on the phone doing interviews for their new clients. Also great location in down town fort worth.
Everything is not for everyone!
Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 15, 2017
This product is not ACA approved, which would require the agent to have VERY good picture painting skills in explaining how the product is used towards health dental and vision coverage.
Life Changing Career Opportunity
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2017
A great place to work, great people to be around. Awesome infrastructure beautiful office. They have a comradery type of atmosphere that's contagious. Everyone wants everyone to succeed
Pros
Awesome earning potential
Cons
Need to have stable working capital to invests in lead campaigns
fun place to work
Customer Service Analayst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2017
management was great. They are very helpful and flexible when you needed to come in late or leave early for a dr's appointment. I would still be there if I did not exhausted my FMLA time due to my illness
stressful work environment
Licensed Life and Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed my work when I started. After a year of being there it became a very stressful place to work. There is a chance to make a very decent living if you are willing to give up 50 plus hours a week.
Pros
You can work from home
Cons
Too stressful
Company that believes in Helping People Everyday
Upgrade Benefits Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2017
The company believes in putting our policyholders first and striving to help them every day. The working environment is a team and it helps make the day one of great production and high morale.
Horrible insurance
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 5, 2017
You sell junk insurance. They treat clients all wrong when they have a claim. It is essentially a pyramid scam. Do not work there......................
Would Not Recommend
Health Coverage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2017
This was one of the worst job experiences I have ever had! They do not care about there employees nor their clients. They give a style of presentation that makes them appealing but it is pure deception. A typical day was making/receiving up to 400 calls a day with someone looking over your shoulder, to prospects who have not even requested contact but you are ordered to convince them to buy and make them feel as though they have no other option but to do so. But once the client finds out the deception and cancels the policy you are charged back the full amount including any advancements! Management would only turn there back.
Pros
Cons
everything
US Health /Origen Labs
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2017
I worked at this lab for two and half years and moved up quickly to a trainer and then management. The company downsize and closed its doors of business at the end of 2016.The company specialized in drug screens and was just not making enough money to stay afloat.
Pros
schedule
Cons
upper management not bad direction
This was a company I learned from
Toxicologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 25, 2016
My day consisted of meeting new people and finding new things it showed me how the medical field was ran and what not to do while working for the company.