US Legislative Branch Employee Reviews

Good Experience
Congressional Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 4, 2019
I very glad I did this internship, I gained a lot of insight and knowledge about the political world. However, I realized I didn't see this as a future career path for me. Worked with some great people
Working in Washington DC for the US Legislative Branch
Press Intern & Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2018
It is an incredible opportunity to work for the US Legislative Branch.
Learning about the process of how everything works was an amazing opportunity.
Pros
Learning from brilliant people, being apart of history, making a difference in our nation
Cons
I was just an intern
Congressional Agriculture Liaison (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 31, 2018
Don't have much to say... I was an intern at the US Congress working for a FL Congressman. Super cool internship... great way to spend a college summer if you want the experience.
great place to work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 25, 2018
Working as district staff for any member of congress is challenging. You are the local representative for that office, and as such you will be bombarded on a daily basis with meetings, phone calls, and casework. Based upon my personal experiences I would say you can expect to work 50 hour work weeks, on average. There is little time for your own pursuits/interests, as servicing the office and community takes most of your time. If you're working for a good member of congress than the work may seem pleasurable despite tremendous personal sacrifice, but if the member you work for isn't so nice then the work will seem extremely difficult and challenging
US Congress - A job for people
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2018
Here I describe a typical day at work, talk about what I learned, different management stuff, and workplace culture. The hardest part of my job is also supposed to be included.
Public Service
LA (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 4, 2018
Public service is a typical day at work. I'm supposed to write what I learned, talk about management styles, workplace culture, and other stuff in this box.
A very enjoyable experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 2, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls and picking up the mail. I learned how to communicate with others and how to manage my time wisely. The hardest part of the job for me was getting use to the phone and wiring people to the correct person. That took me about a week to figure out. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and helping people.
Best Place to work for a Political Science major student
Internship (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 28, 2018
During a typical day work, I used to help in the front desk but at the same time I was working by doing research and investigations for the legislative bills happening in that moment.
Pros
Free Lunches on the Briefings
Enjoyed the job.
Legislative Courier (Former Employee) –  Frankfort KYAugust 15, 2018
My typical day began at 7:30 a.m. and ended at 5:00 p.m. I enjoyed the individuals I worked with and those I worked for. I was treated well, and made many new contacts.

I spent the majority of my day delivering documents, legislation, bills and other documents to staff and legislators. I understood the necessity of being on time, and getting the job handled correctly.
Great Learning Environment
Case Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Low stress job with plenty of community events. Good place to get accustomed to politics and engage withe the local community. A good way to network and learn how to get involved.
Intern
Congressional Intern (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAAugust 10, 2018
I would not participate directly in the assessment of those that came into the office, as their concerns needed to be met by someone with a certain level of clearance that I did not have as a intern of that office.
Pros
Great staff connection
Its a campaign
Deputy Director- Israel (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 2, 2018
campaigns are great. i highly recommend working on one. the hours suck, the pay sucks, you'll want to cry a couple times, but you learn how to do like 8 different jobs well. its better than an internship. work on a campaign.
Fun Internship for College Students
INTERN FOR CONGRESSMAN PETE SESSIONS (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 9, 2018
Most Congressional offices will not pay interns; however, the Hill is a great place to gain office experience for your resume. You are surrounded by people your age and you will learn so much! Definitely recommend for college students (especially as a first internship to open doors for other opportunities down the road)
Pros
Potential for permanent placement, Looks great on resume, Learn a lot about office culture and environments, Help constituents.
Cons
Little or no pay, Cost of Living in DC is high
Special Agency Assessing Technology Impacts on Society
Research Analyst, Office of Technology Assessment (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2018
Working for the Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) was a rare opportunity to evaluate and project the relationships between advanced technologies and society. Great place to work in an interdisciplinary environment to inform public policy.
Productive and fun work place
Server, bartender, FHM (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 25, 2018
Great place to work,Chef takes great pride of what is doing!Great restaurant guest.We are all like on family, no micro management!Great food and drinks,very proud to serve the food!
Productive, great source for networking
CONGRESSIONAL INTERN (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
The biggest perk of the job was the networking opportunities. The DC area is very expensive. The job is fast paced, but the culture is great. Exceptional opportunity for people with great personalities.
Great, talented individuals for the most part
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 11, 2018
The place is very busy during session, but even then, the demands of the job vary. Also, there are a lot of different positions, but most of them are filled by the same person for at least ten years.
Tough job, little payoff
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
Working at the United States Congress was an exceptional experience in the skills it taught me on how to work within a large, complicated setting. It required a great deal of networking and getting involved, as well as learning the functions of a congressional office and working to advance the mission statement. However, it paid very little, had little room for advancement, and was moreover an unrewarding experience. I will say that the management, and the talented people I worked alongside made the experience more worthwhile.
Fun place to work
Bill Tracking Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYApril 9, 2018
Loves the people I worked with and the environment. I met a lot of great people and l learned a lot of new things. I had no idea how a bill got introduced. But now I do.
Lrc
Legislative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 19, 2018
Awesome place to work! Positive, enthusiastic, understanding environment. Highly recommend anyone to apply here! I guarantee you wont be disappointed!