US Med-Equip

US Med-Equip Employee Reviews

Loved the job, but upper management had no clue what employees needed or what they had to deal with on a daily basis. Time off was hard to get. The way they did vacation or off time was not set. Hard to schedule time off, acquiring time off was difficult, on 24 hour call every month
Steady work but many hours on the road. Management not concerned about the drive times even if you are in violation of the DOT rules. Work all day in the warehouse and they will send you out on a delivery with drive times well into the a.m. hours. Equipment delivery is priority and employee safety and fatigue is no concern.
I have held several positions with this company, and have only moved up in my roles. One thing about the company is that you will and are expected to work, which is great. When you know that the expectation is to put forth the effort, get the equipment where it needs to go, and be professional in the process: you know that your coworkers and those around you are also committing to the same goal. Good benefits, great environment, and great feeling when you know that you are getting a piece of equipment to a patient in need. The company is growing leaps and bounds, branches and positions opening up country wide, and with that is opportunities to develop and grow in your career.
Pros
Advancement, positive company outlook
March 8, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience as a current employee of US Med-Equip. We are excited to hear that you are experiencing a positive and rewarding work environment. As you mentioned, US Med-Equip is a growing organization and as such, works hard to ensure that our employees are satisfied and feel that they are a valued contributor in the organization. A positive and motivated company culture is very important to us, as is our shared mission to promote the healing process for our hospital partners and their patients. Thanks again! US Med-Equip
Bad management !!! it’s not worth it A lot of work they don’t train you well and they always send you out for long delivery and they always yelling at you and they blame you for a small small mistakes never do it ?? But the Houston location they are amazing managers and people they doing great job they always help you out if you have any issues.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at US Med-Equip are pay was okay benefits sameManagementIn general, managers at US Med-Equip are well doing what they are told they tell you they care but they only care about their best interestCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at US Med-Equip was great i had no issues with my coworkers for the most part we got along very well now management that was a different storyOverallMy experience working at US Med-Equip depending on the day could be from busy to chaotic
March 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience working at US Med-Equip. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with your co-workers and that pay/benefits was competitive based on the industry. We will pass on your comments to our Operations management team for further review. Thank you, US Med-Equip.
I have been employed by USME for 1 Year now and I can safely say this is the best job I've ever had. I was amazed at how much this company cares about every employee. I would recommend this company to everyone.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
I would advise all medical institutions to not do business with US Med-Equip. I have personally watched employees and even team leaders send out equipment that wasn’t cleaned or properly tested. If you truly value the health and well being of your patients, then you should probably choose a different provider for your equipment.
This place is strait garbage!! If you want to work for a company full of pill popping junkies that talk bad about you behind your back but don’t have the heart or the spine to say it to you, then this is the place for you!!
February 24, 2020
Thank your for taking the time to write a review. US Med-Equip conducts pre-employment drug screening for all new employees and we thoroughly investigate any complaints made by employees. We will look into this matter further. If you have any questions or wish to speak to us directly regarding this matter please contact us at 877-677-7767 and ask for the Human Resources department. Thank you. US Med-Equip
USMED days can be pretty long, but also can be very gratifying when you get a 3 A.M. call and upon arrival the customer shows genuine gratitude for your service.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Really Long Days/ But compensated
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working for US Med-Equip. As a customer service representative you are one of the most important people in our company, the face of the company to our hospital partners every time you deliver vital medical equipment. We love to hear that this responsibility is gratifying for you, as you know you are doing meaningful work for a patient in need. Thank you for your dedication and hard work! US Med-Equip
I appreciate the opportunity they gave me.They allowed me to greatly provide for my family and community. Hopefully one day i can be as inspiring to my city as this party. Thank you usmed president, chief staff, supervisors and coworkers. God bless!
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review US Med-Equip! We are thrilled to hear of your very positive experience working for us. Thank you. US Med-Equip
Good place to learn. Nice exposure. Steady business, expanding presence. Nice management. Good work culture, values employee development. Good team work.
February 24, 2020
Thank for taking the time to write a review and for your thoughtful words. As you mentioned, US Med-Equip is a growing organization and as such, works hard to ensure that our employees are satisfied and feel that they are a valued contributor in the organization. A positive company culture is very important to us and is the driving force of our mission to promote the healing process for our hospital partners and their patients. Thanks again! US Med-Equip
You will have no life outside of work. You will be called in middle of night to drive long hours out of your area to support other regional branches and hospitals. This company runs very low on equipment in winter time. There will be many days you are required to drive many hours unrested. I found it very unsafe.
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As a customer service representative/delivery driver for US Med-Equip, your primary job as a delivery driver is to deliver vital medical equipment to our hospital partners. Some of these requests may be emergency-related situations for babies in need of NICU equipment, for example. As a leading provider of medical equipment, US Med-Equip takes these requests very seriously and we do what is needed to meet our customers' needs. However, we take great precaution to protect our delivery drivers' safety (sometimes by hiring outside couriers to assist or by monitoring their hours to ensure they are not driving excess hours.) We have put procedures in place to safeguard against this very issue. Thank you for providing your much valued feedback. US Med-Equip
A great place to work. Top 50 companies in Houston. Top 2 in this area of business. Very classy owners and strucured internally to help you succeed. One of the best places I've worked. Wish things would of ended different. Would definitely go back if I could.
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your kind words and love to hear that our current and former employees recognize the positive company culture that our leadership and staff have created here at US Med-Equip. Our mission of promoting the healing process by providing smart solutions for our hospital partners and the patients they serve definitely resonates and inspires people everyday to join US Med-Equip and work hard to make our organization one of the leading providers of movable medical equipment to the hospital industry.
Worked 24 hour call on weekends. Delivered to hospitals on a daily basis.Also rehab hospitals.Sometimes worked long hours in a day.Had to test equipment.
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your favorable rating for US Med-Equip is an example of how our customer service reps/drivers take great pride in their jobs, being the face of the company, delivering vital medical equipment to hospitals in their time of need for their patients. Although it's hard work, most of our customer service reps/drivers have expressed how rewarding it is to be a huge part of making sure our hospital partners' patients are take care of, with patient-ready equipment, when they need it! Thank you for your hard work. US Med-Equip
A typical day you come in at 9 and work for 8 Hours you grab your pickup/or delivery for the day hop in the van and drive most of the shift going in and out of hospitals. If you don’t mind driving 95% of the time then this is for you however, if you can’t handle long hours going 14 hour shifts most of that shift driving then I would steer clear. Also you go on call, most will say oh it’s no big deal but on call is another beast in itself it’s a 24h on call depending on your branch it could be you switch between primary or backup or you work 1 week off the next. Overall it’s an easy job.
Pros
You don’t pay for gas, they provide the uniforms and pay for your shoes and pants
Cons
Shifts lasting 14 Hours, sometimes 120 hour paychecks, less time spent at home may feel like you live at work
February 24, 2020
Thank you so much for writing a review. As a customer service representative the primary role is delivering vital medical equipment to our hospitals partners when they need it. As we know, sometimes this can be in an emergency situation or in off hours, as hospitals never close! We appreciate your feedback and hard work contributing to our mission to promote the healing process for our partners and their patients. Thank you, US Med-Equip.
Low pay. No training. Ridiculous on-call situation. Shuttling medical equipment up and down the highway hundreds of miles at all hours of the night. Management has absolutely no regard for the safety of the employees. As an example, often driving well over 14 or 15 hours a day. Or, driving thru treacherous weather. Unconscionable that we are required to test medical equipment with no training.
Pros
Few and far between.
Cons
No biomed training. Low pay. Constant on-call. No sales staff .... seriously, no territory sales person. If you are not in Texas ... the company is completely disconnected.
February 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret to hear about your experience at US Med-Equip. As a customer service representative, your main role and responsibility is delivering vital equipment to our hospital partners for their patients. Some of these deliveries may be at off hours or in rare emergency situations which require added driving time. However, management is required to track these hours and when needed, use other methods to ensure our driver's safety (courier services, overnight shipping, half ways drives with other branch locations.) If have any further comments or questions please contact us at 877-677-7767 to speak with Human Resources. Thank you. US Med-Equip
Each day is fast paced, challenging, and exciting. This career field isn't for everyone; however, if you enjoy pushing yourself to be better professionally each and every day, working at a fast pace, encountering new challenges to take on, multitasking, and working as a part of a team.... then this is the right field for you. Each day I am greeted by smiling faces by a group of coworkers who are constantly striving to be better than the day before. My job requires me to interact with multiple departments and work at a fast pace everyday. It is definitely not just a desk job. At the end of the day, you feel a sense of accomplishment from what you've completed and your days at work go by quickly as you are presented with new challenges and goals to figure out and resolve in a timely fashion. It is definitely a team first type of company. You are never left out there on your own trying to solve problems you may encounter. There is a great support system in place to help problem solve, train, and educate. There is a tremendous opportunity for professional growth as the company continues to expand, and it's a job you can take great pride in knowing that you are helping to make a difference. The owners and upper management are always available for any questions or concerns, and the company itself is great with recognizing its employees with monthly employee of the month awards as well as yearly employee of the year awards. Overall, it's a job that I'm glad I found and I am happy to be a part of the future and next steps that it takes.
Pros
working as a team, growing company, fact paced environment
February 24, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your experience as a current employee of US Med-Equip. We are excited to hear that you are experiencing a positive and rewarding work environment. As you mentioned, leadership and management have developed processes and programs for training, team building, and career growth that inspire our employees to be part of a expanding mission-driven organization that promotes the healing process for our partners and their patients. Thank you for all of your hard work and inspiring words. US Med-Equip
Very good working environment! everyone in the facility works together to accomplish the task. all great accomplishes are highlighted in the monthly news letter.
Pros
Travel, goog team workers
Cons
On call
I learn how shipping and receiving works daily. How to put the equipment in inventory. Driving the forklift. How to ship equipment safely to the destination.
This is the best company I've worked for to-date. Passion, dedication, hard-work, and integrity are just some of the words I would use to describe the company and its employees. US Med-Equip takes their mission seriously and takes their employees even more seriously. Education and advancement are a staple within the company, and contributions do not go unnoticed. Upper management is the best I've ever worked for. They don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk, and they genuinely care about their employees. No other company I've ever worked for has had management and C-level executives who were so down to earth, compassionate, and dedicated to their employees. They take the term leadership and actually apply it. A+!
US Med-Equip is a great place to work. All of the people are friendly and in good moods. The different areas and departments work wonderfully with each other. Management and Owners are always available to speak with. The pace of work can be frantic but that is because the work we do here is important and saves lives. Fast paced but thoroughly enjoyable. The experience is excellent as well.
  1. Employee Reviews