US Med-Equip Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best Company To-Date
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
This is the best company I've worked for to-date. Passion, dedication, hard-work, and integrity are just some of the words I would use to describe the company and its employees. US Med-Equip takes their mission seriously and takes their employees even more seriously. Education and advancement are a staple within the company, and contributions do not go unnoticed.

Upper management is the best I've ever worked for. They don't just talk the talk, they walk the walk, and they genuinely care about their employees. No other company I've ever worked for has had management and C-level executives who were so down to earth, compassionate, and dedicated to their employees. They take the term leadership and actually apply it.

A+!
Professional and Exciting
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
US Med-Equip is a great place to work. All of the people are friendly and in good moods. The different areas and departments work wonderfully with each other. Management and Owners are always available to speak with. The pace of work can be frantic but that is because the work we do here is important and saves lives. Fast paced but thoroughly enjoyable. The experience is excellent as well.
US Med Equip is a fast paced family atmosphere.
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work includes friendly interactions and smiling faces. Whether you're speaking to someone internally or externally, everyone is happy to hear from you.The managers, for the most part, are very helpful and selfless. The culture here is like that of a family. Don't be afraid to ask for help, there's always someone there to help you if you need it. The most enjoyable part of this job is the positive team atmosphere. Everyone works together towards helping the patient in need.
Pros
Free lunches every so often, friendly co-workers, Solid compensation
Cons
None!
Best place to work!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2018
US Med-Equip has a culture that feels much like being part of a family. The company is growing quickly and expectations are high as we serve a higher purpose. We are in health care and all of our jobs can relate to serving a patient who is in need. The company solicits employee feedback from all locations weekly in an effort to keep all employees engaged and to seek opportunities for improvement. Employees have a voice here. If you are are looking for an opportunity to grow with a company who cares about the patient and has a family-like culture. US Med-Equip is the best place to work!
Pros
Fun activities scheduled throughout the year. like our annual Holiday party, super bowl party.
Cons
It can can be challenging when patient needs are high ie: busy flu season
Great place to work with great people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
Great place to work with great people . Everybody was really kind and helpful. I was never afraid to ask questions or inquire for help in regards to something I was doing.
Good job for a single person with no future plans
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 27, 2018
From my experience, management was seriously lacking. HR person was very out of touch with the reality of day to day operations. It's definitely a family first organization meaning, the owners families, not yours. They definitely underestimate the intelligence of their employees with a you need us attitude.
Pros
Meeting wonderful people at various locations you serve.
Cons
Many
A great place to start..
Biomedical Technician / Support Center (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
As a recent graduate fo the Biomedical Technology field, US Med-Equip will teach you the basics of the medical equipment repairs. Yet, for a seasoned technician; the pay does not justified the years of experiance. Salary is capped at $20.00/hr.
Pros
Great place to start as a newly Biomed Tech.
Cons
Salary capped, no pay increase.
Dont trust management
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Low pay, with thousands of hours
quick to point the finger if your manager gets something wrong
VP will lie. So keep your feelings to yourself
Do your job and go home. Keep work and personal life sepurate
Kiss enough butt and you may get far, but mess up once and are replaced.
their friends or family will get paid more then people with experiences
Pros
Lots of hours and travel
Cons
Low pay, Liars, and untrustworthy
Well rounded environment with flexibility and diversity.
Lead Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 11, 2017
Providing customer service to individuals seeking durable medical equipment supplies. I learn how to be well diverse with many different cultures. Management is fair and knowledgeable. The hardest part is not being able to satisfy every customer to the fullest due to different reasons although I will do my best to try. The most enjoyable is being able to help others in need and give back.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule
Cons
Commuting
Fun working environment with great management team.
CSR/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2017
Arrive at work, clean equipment for orders and transport. Load equipment and deliver it to customers. Worked with a lot if good people and management and owners were always respectful and polite. Made you feel at home. Brought food frequently for the workers and would take us out annually at least. Occasionally had to spend time away from family to help out other branches.
Pros
Plenty of time for lunch and no stress.
Cons
Pay was not very good.
workpalce
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2017
During a normal day at work, you would come in and get your routes together of where you are going throughout the day, and prepare to leave for the your delivery or pick up. I have learned even more about teamwork, because we have to work as a team in order for thing to run smoothly and the customers are well taken cared of. The management is ok, as long as the job is getting done and there's a great level of respect than anywhere can be great. this is a very diverse company, and the hardest part of the job is the on call hours that they have here at this company.
was not a good job at all!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSFebruary 23, 2017
the only positive part was meeting great people at hospitals.
I learned to trust nobody.
Management needs serious help.
the hardest part of the job is getting calls in the middle of the night.
Owner/managers were great, they let you know what was going on and kept me up to date.
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2017
Had opportunity to learn different types of equipment, Also learned how to help with inventory for a new facility set up.
Good place to start but dont plan on staying long
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I would recommend this place if you are desperate for a job or need experience. Starting pay is $16 an hour which is terrible in Houston. There is essentially no room for growth, and people come and go all the time. I have been at the company for almost a year and have seen over a dozen people just in the biomed department move on or get fired. Management is not qualified to be called such, and the upper management in the company only care about themselves and how much we are making them. They recently put numbers on our desks, I'm assuming because they don't want to keep remembering whoever's name is on said desk. There are many other issues with this company I could bring up but it would be redundant. Overall I would just say stay away from this place.
Pros
its a job, experience
Cons
No breaks, poor management, no growth
Shipping
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 24, 2016
Worse job ever
worse management ever
they want cheap labor top pay people lose their jobs in three months 17.00 hr worker been there for years top pay 14.00
company want new workers to come with new ideas' policy don't do it read between the lines
new building is trailer cover with bickering just a
mobile trailer
the VP & management are rejected from large and midsize company you can tell the way act
no society work skill they think going a email
is good policymakers
feel sorry the worker's are still there
when you doing walk Thur you will see what workers old front new at company
I glad they got outta there keep asking for ideas and policy how runs the department
full of it I was looking a jobs after the first day
Pros
Cons
everything at that place
good company, stable and not going anywhere anytime soon!
CSR/Driver-Delivery of Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2015
poor safety ethics !

don't care about good equipment for drivers, send them out any way and break down.

transportation supervisor is a jerk
Pros
I had decent pay and hours
Cons
Safety is not number 1 priority with them, poor epuip, broke down a lot of times, boss was a total idiot
Good place to work and good coworkers
Shipping and Receiving/Inventory (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDOctober 17, 2014
Learned a lot about medical equipment and how to converse with customers.
Long days
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAAugust 5, 2014
We worked hard and had extremely long days. Got into overtime hours by the mid-week because of being on call.
Productive workplace. Good people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2013
Good place to work. Learned a great deal about Medical equipment rentals and Sales.
Pros
Great people
Cons
On-call schedules
horrible place to work
biomedical (Former Employee) –  HoustonJanuary 7, 2013
Do not work here I warn you. This is a private company with self appointed HR representative. Ask about their turn over rate it explains everything.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
management, self appointed hr, private, pay rate and advancement