US Off-track Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Mutual Agent FT/Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 22, 2017
good paying job for the level of work required. Most fun job I ever had. Job can be repetitive so that can be an issue for some people. the job is what you make of it. I recommend it.
Pros
Easy, straight forward, fun, so much to say
Cons
customer's can be confrontational, it is a wagering position so this is to be expected.
Overall not too bad
Mutuel Teller (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 13, 2017
Very fast paced and demanding. Good health benefits, lousy hours, no weekends off, work every holiday, decent pay. Other than that it's an easy job...
Fun place to work.
Paramutual agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 11, 2017
My job at us off track was to take horse and dog race wagers in a call center environment. It was fun getting a peak into the world of horse and dog races and getting to know the lingo.
Pros
Very relaxed work enviorment
Cons
Kentucky derby is a brutal work week
It's alright.. for right now..
Mutuel Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 28, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment that is normally fine. Management leaves lots to be desired. Rules aren't always the same depending on who you ask, and then it's hit or miss if they choose to enforce them. There is absolutely no room for advancement and you half to work every weekend and every holiday.
Pros
easy to do job
Cons
micromanaging management
I learned a lot about horse wagering
Mutual Agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 5, 2016
I was basically an online bookie. Customers told me the wagers they wanted and I put them into the computer system. It was essentially a customer service position, but with only telephone communications.
fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 28, 2014
This job was busy and fun at the same time. in call intake was sometimes over welming, if you made a mistake you were accountable of it, and written up.
Pros
lunches when boughtby company
Cons
short breaks and short lunch
Great Benefits, no work/life balance, poor leadership
Pari-Mutuel Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 9, 2013
The job itself is easy. Dress code is pretty laid-back, so you can wear jeans and flip flops. Benefits are great! But they don't balance out all of the negatives. Management is clueless for the most part. They'd rather be in their office breaking the rules they'd write you up for than doing any real work. It's obvious which of the managers work and which ones just say they do. And don't ask most of them for help, because they know less than you do!
You only get an hour away from the phone alloted per day, to include your breaks.If you go over for anything not related to the business, like listening to a call (i.e.so going to the bathroom), you get written up.
No holidays off except Xmas Day, Easter Day, and Palm Sunday, so don't expect to see your family much. And when they say EVERY weekend, they mean it.
They expect you to work OT and will hold it against you in your annual review if you don't. They also give you a hard time about taking your PTO on weekends.
If you're desperate, this might be a job for you. Otherwise, STAY AWAY!
Pros
Free food, benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no personal life, management
Dead End Job
Mutuel Agent (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 9, 2013
Not much room for advancement. The management makes you feel comfortable. Three weeks paid time off. Not a bad job if your just getting out of college.
Pros
overtime
Cons
no room for growth
work entales
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 20, 2013
Assure all monitors and t.v.'s are on. Unlock all doors for entry, take phone calls from agents that are coming in late or calling out. Most enjoyable part of job is working with all the agents.
taking wagers for horse races is fun!
Pari Mutuel (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2013
A typical day here includes speaking to people all day long across the united states taking their wagers over the phone. The hardest part of the job is understanding some of the accents from the deep deep south and from the NY area. But the customers were great. It was really a fun place to work. As long as you didn't have to deal with management. Which you rarely did. They treat their employees like non- people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
rude employer
great place to wprk
mutuel agent (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 16, 2012
This job was always very fast paced and extremely busy. The managers werent around that much, so it made it hard for us to take our breaks. The other employees were amazing, and i enjoyed being there. The hardest part was when it got so busy, and we needed a hand, the managers were no where to be found. I loved chatting with the customers.
Pros
free meals, great coworkers
Cons
no relief somedays, and never got out on time
Terrible place to work for.
bookie (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 24, 2012
I worked for this company for 3 1/2 years. My last pay was $11.82. After that long of working.1) My team lead shoved me in her office. 2) When I tried reporting it to the manager she said for me not to bring it up again. 3) The lady that did payroll made a statement saying that she thought "black men didn't take care of their kids." 4) Same team lead that pushed me was selling drugs in the worksite. 5) No diversity or culturely competent. This is 5 things that I had to go through as an employee at this job. Terrible place to work for
Pros
some free lunches to keep us in our seats to take calls
Cons
short breaks and even they tried denying me my lunch time