Us Oncology Network Employee Reviews

Busy Micromanaged
Senior Charge Entry Spec (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2018
Management is terrible, If you take a job with this company you will be OVERWORKED. They make promises for advancement that never happen. The Pay is the only thing that makes it bearable. They hire inexperienced people that cause more stress on the people that actually know what they are doing. Management will have you take on more tasks and projects with no reward and if you mess up on their name they are quick to throw you under the bus. The literally would monitor how many times the female employees used the bathroom, and would tell them if they thought they were using the facilities too much.
Pros
Pay Rate is Decent
Cons
Overworked, Micromanaged, No Job Security
I found that is very good company to work for only reason I am make the change is that wanting to relocate.
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 10, 2018
I love the work do for us oncology the only reason I am leaving is that I want to relocate and as of right now I have not been able to get a position within the company to do a transfer. If could find something where all I had to do is transfer I would stay with them.
Pros
flexible schedule, good benefits, also people are very knowledgeable of their jobs.
Cons
it is fast pace, but like it
Best Cancer Care
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 8, 2018
Incredible physicians and staff. Compassionate hard-working family oriented environment. Patients always a part of our family. Can't recommend them enough!
Good company
Virginia Cancer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 2, 2018
Nice company to work for. Didn't want to leave. Had a lot of beneficial changes to the office. Patients were AMAZING!! Would go back if it was closer to home.
Sweatshop
Data Analyst/Coding Compliance Review (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 28, 2018
They will work you to death and then replace you. There's 0 job security. The onslaught never stops. The management only cares about the numbers. They will micromanage you and throw you under the bus to save themselves. If you research this job opportunity before you are hired on and you still choose to work there you only have yourself to blame
Pros
There is always work.
Cons
They never hire enough people to do it
Great physicians; need to work on management practices
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2018
Many employees are salaried with the expectation to stay late daily without any other form of compensation. Time off is earned per check with little ability to actually get any time off approved by management. Doctors are wonderful as are fellow employees and patient experience, however, management made it impossible to keep up- lack of employee appreciation. We are cogs in a machine, not people.
Pros
Physicians and NPs
Cons
Lack of breaks, unwillingness to approve time off, overtime with no compensation
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  HorshamSeptember 9, 2018
I love US Oncology for the time being. Pay increases don’t seem to be a thing. Advancement is slim to none. Other than that it’s a great place to be if you have another income coming in. Staff are exceptional as are the doctors. Management is amazing as well. I’d give it 5 stars except for lack of pay increases and advancement. You do start at nice pay level though.
Good work environment
Charge Entry Specialist I (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Print of charge entry sheets and check in the computer that the information was correct. Enter hospital billing information for patients to be billed for the Dr.'s services that were rendered.
Used to feel like a family until January 2018
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
I got let go because I was doing my job but not fast enough. People walking around not doing their jobs and getting promoted, no disclipine because mgt hired untrained people she knew. Willing to give chances she says? NOT! A bunch of bullies over where I was. Let go doing a great job but not willing to kiss up.
Pros
Chill co workers
Cons
Management, policy changing and poor attitudes
Scc in mobile al was very disorganized.
Rn (Former Employee) –  Mobile alAugust 5, 2018
They hired 2 RNs to fill one position. One Rn had worked w them before. At 6 month evaluation had to “let me go bc I was falling behind”, being compared to rn that had previously worked there. Staff was very cliquey and downright unkind at times. They were not affiliated with other oncology network at the time so may be different now but I doubt it. Loved the patient population but would not recommend care there if there is another option. Saw np and drs later when I worked in hospital and they acted as if they never met me before.
Cons
Bad attitudes all around

Want to know more about Us Oncology Network?

Ask a question
Cut throat Job to work at-Clicks
Main Front office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago,IL (ResurrectionAugust 4, 2018
Manager sucks Not a manager at all Was thrown into this job from being a HR Mgr for a 8 people office staff at Chicago Res office-Hates all the Managers but puts on a big front for sake of her job Did not see how hard everyone was working to help all the Cancer patinets in this practice Only came out to correct your dumb mistakes Didn't let you know how Great you were doing Big clilck office in a 8 people staff If you weren't in their circle you were considered a BAD Employee
Pros
As an IT specialist it was a good job, the doctors made it difficult
IT Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable and varied from day to day. The culture of the medical professionals made it difficult though to get new equipment and advance technology. Their unwillingness to spend money made the job challenging.
Terrible company to work for!
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  The MidwestJuly 7, 2018
Long hours and terrible schedule due to always being short staffed and very busy. They force you to run on a skeleton crew, which is definitely not good for an organization providing patient care. Good luck finding 2 minutes in between patients to quickly shove your lunch down your throat. Regional directors/VPs are rarely present, talk down to and are highly disrespectful to managers/employees, and seem to care about nothing but making themselves look good at the expense of their employees. Our outdated and broken equipment was typically only replaced when absolutely necessary and only with the least expensive or refurbished equipment when possible. Nothing like treating patients using 10+ year old technology! Turnover was unreal because everyone in our department was always searching for a new job. Doesn't bother upper management though, because they just see this as another opportunity to do more with less by simply not replacing those who quit!
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers, great patients
Cons
Everything else
Work at your own risk
Admixture (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 21, 2018
No one should be left alone after 3 days of training.
Terrible situation to be in. I did the patients a favor. They wanted you to learn quickly which isn't a good idea when Im creating bags for patients to use right away. Its a stressful position to be in. I was left alone numerous times and I was not ready. Things needed to be done. The doctor needed his meds to give to patients. It was a mess.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
terrible management
Very busy but excellent place to increase ones knowledge of cancer nursing.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 25, 2018
Excellent place to work, learn, grow but you will work harder than you've ever worked before!!! Not for the faint of heart!!!
Rewarding yet heartbreaking at the same time.
Excellent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXMay 18, 2018
It's a very excellent company to work for. I really enjoyed my time working for them and would recommend them to anyone that would ask. The doctors, nurses, supervisors, x-ray and lab technicians and co workers were wonderful to work with. If given the opportunity to go work for them I would greatly do it.
Pros
Great enviorment to work for
Texas Center for Proton Therapy-Irving
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 28, 2018
So US/TX Oncology has a culture based on 5 pillars of focused care. Patient-centered, Integrity, accountability, collaboration and respect, and adaptability. While these are great pillars to focus on, the management utilizes none of these when interacting with employees. Yet us as employees are required to abide by these pillars and treat our patients and fellow co-workers as such. In this company you are just a number. They have no moral reasoning for you, for your family, for anything that falls outside of the black and white policy. The management is dwindling it's good employees down to nothing. With the correct makeover this place could be great. The doctors are great, the receptionist are great, the therapist are great, and all other Personnel in the building that help this place function are absolutely great. By far the best patients around as well . Management constantly shoving irrational policy down our throats has everybody job hunting. This place really needs a new facility director and Clinical Director to make it a great place to work.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, great Doctors, the best patients
Cons
Hounded about exact hours, point attendance policy that is irrational, minuscule raises, no advancement, underappreciated, expect you to be a robot
Great Company
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
Great leadership relationships, Patient first., providers are great to work with. I would suggest anyone to work at US Oncology. Great Culture, Management, and Comp.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Slow to term poor staff
Stressfull
FCA Patient and insurance coordinator II (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 6, 2018
Very stressful and unorganized business. I worked a lot of hours and there was always something going on lin management and within one of the practices. There were several times while I worked there they did layoffs. Not a well run machine.
Horrilble place I have ever worked for management mean and unhelpful
Patient Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  TXApril 2, 2018
Management is horrible great coworkers if you need training, you will not get it at this place. If you need help you better off googling it. Very rude bunch of people to deal with on a daily. I loved my patients
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Rudest people ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Us Oncology Network. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about