Us Oncology Network Employee Reviews

Scc in mobile al was very disorganized.
Rn (Former Employee) –  Mobile alAugust 5, 2018
They hired 2 RNs to fill one position. One Rn had worked w them before. At 6 month evaluation had to “let me go bc I was falling behind”, being compared to rn that had previously worked there. Staff was very cliquey and downright unkind at times. They were not affiliated with other oncology network at the time so may be different now but I doubt it. Loved the patient population but would not recommend care there if there is another option. Saw np and drs later when I worked in hospital and they acted as if they never met me before.
Cons
Bad attitudes all around
Cut throat Job to work at-Clicks
Main Front office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago,IL (ResurrectionAugust 4, 2018
Manager sucks Not a manager at all Was thrown into this job from being a HR Mgr for a 8 people office staff at Chicago Res office-Hates all the Managers but puts on a big front for sake of her job Did not see how hard everyone was working to help all the Cancer patinets in this practice Only came out to correct your dumb mistakes Didn't let you know how Great you were doing Big clilck office in a 8 people staff If you weren't in their circle you were considered a BAD Employee
Pros
As an IT specialist it was a good job, the doctors made it difficult
IT Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 25, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable and varied from day to day. The culture of the medical professionals made it difficult though to get new equipment and advance technology. Their unwillingness to spend money made the job challenging.
Terrible company to work for!
Radiation Therapist (Former Employee) –  The MidwestJuly 7, 2018
Long hours and terrible schedule due to always being short staffed and very busy. They force you to run on a skeleton crew, which is definitely not good for an organization providing patient care. Good luck finding 2 minutes in between patients to quickly shove your lunch down your throat. Regional directors/VPs are rarely present, talk down to and are highly disrespectful to managers/employees, and seem to care about nothing but making themselves look good at the expense of their employees. Our outdated and broken equipment was typically only replaced when absolutely necessary and only with the least expensive or refurbished equipment when possible. Nothing like treating patients using 10+ year old technology! Turnover was unreal because everyone in our department was always searching for a new job. Doesn't bother upper management though, because they just see this as another opportunity to do more with less by simply not replacing those who quit!
Pros
Benefits, great coworkers, great patients
Cons
Everything else
Work at your own risk
Admixture (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 21, 2018
No one should be left alone after 3 days of training.
Terrible situation to be in. I did the patients a favor. They wanted you to learn quickly which isn't a good idea when Im creating bags for patients to use right away. Its a stressful position to be in. I was left alone numerous times and I was not ready. Things needed to be done. The doctor needed his meds to give to patients. It was a mess.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
terrible management
Very busy but excellent place to increase ones knowledge of cancer nursing.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMay 25, 2018
Excellent place to work, learn, grow but you will work harder than you've ever worked before!!! Not for the faint of heart!!!
Rewarding yet heartbreaking at the same time.
Excellent
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXMay 18, 2018
It's a very excellent company to work for. I really enjoyed my time working for them and would recommend them to anyone that would ask. The doctors, nurses, supervisors, x-ray and lab technicians and co workers were wonderful to work with. If given the opportunity to go work for them I would greatly do it.
Pros
Great enviorment to work for
Texas Center for Proton Therapy-Irving
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 28, 2018
So US/TX Oncology has a culture based on 5 pillars of focused care. Patient-centered, Integrity, accountability, collaboration and respect, and adaptability. While these are great pillars to focus on, the management utilizes none of these when interacting with employees. Yet us as employees are required to abide by these pillars and treat our patients and fellow co-workers as such. In this company you are just a number. They have no moral reasoning for you, for your family, for anything that falls outside of the black and white policy. The management is dwindling it's good employees down to nothing. With the correct makeover this place could be great. The doctors are great, the receptionist are great, the therapist are great, and all other Personnel in the building that help this place function are absolutely great. By far the best patients around as well . Management constantly shoving irrational policy down our throats has everybody job hunting. This place really needs a new facility director and Clinical Director to make it a great place to work.
Pros
Amazing coworkers, great Doctors, the best patients
Cons
Hounded about exact hours, point attendance policy that is irrational, minuscule raises, no advancement, underappreciated, expect you to be a robot
Great Company
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 6, 2018
Great leadership relationships, Patient first., providers are great to work with. I would suggest anyone to work at US Oncology. Great Culture, Management, and Comp.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Slow to term poor staff
Stressfull
FCA Patient and insurance coordinator II (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 6, 2018
Very stressful and unorganized business. I worked a lot of hours and there was always something going on lin management and within one of the practices. There were several times while I worked there they did layoffs. Not a well run machine.
Horrilble place I have ever worked for management mean and unhelpful
Patient Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  TXApril 2, 2018
Management is horrible great coworkers if you need training, you will not get it at this place. If you need help you better off googling it. Very rude bunch of people to deal with on a daily. I loved my patients
Pros
Pay ok
Cons
Rudest people ever
Too many hours
Coder (Current Employee) –  Richardson, Tx.March 21, 2018
Eventually working 60+ hours every week will run you down physically and mentally. Work every Saturday. Most days are 12 hours. Very little training too. Throw you out to do the work then get irritated when you have problems. My coworkers were very nice but management had no clue. Very high turnover and stressful every day.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Management has no clue
Intern
Medical Physics Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2018
To be able to learn from the Medical Physicist there is just an amazing accomplishment in what and how they go about there every day. These people are one of the best teams in the world bar none!
Pros
Cons
Distance
Big company, you’re just a number
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, oregonMarch 8, 2018
Their business model has changed so much in three years. It used to be such a nice place to work. Now it’s just a numbers game. Don’t share any personal information through Vitality program . Don’t utilize their benefits until fully established for over a year or so. Don’t expect good training. They give you a list of great benefits at your interview but once hired, those expenses work against you.
Pros
Competitive pay, benefits
Cons
Big company, cutthroat atmosphere, poor training
Fast paced office
ONS Certified Chemo Infusion Nurse-chemo mix (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 21, 2018
Satellite office in Scottsdale. Very fast paced office. Team player attitude is poor. No concern to improve their attitudes. Providers love their patients and vice versa. Highly effective office that included lab services in house prior to their infusions.
Pros
Patient care
Cons
Long drive
Overall patient care
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXFebruary 14, 2018
This company took over Southwest Regional.
Southwest was a great company. It was all about patient care! Everyone worked as a team !
Very pleasant up beat level of care! All about making our patients feel great in a low time of their life! Things ran smoothly!
When the buy out came, it was about money. Team moral died. We lost employees daily. 30 yr veterans walked. I continued to endure for the love of my patients and my job!
Pros
Smiling patients!
Don’t do it
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2018
Management is terrible. Micromanaging, no team work. Negative. No positivity. Only focus on what a person is doing wrong. Never encouraging. Extreme favoritism. Pay is very very low.
Pros
Breakfast, lunches, patients
Cons
Management, pay, work load
US Oncology
Managed Care Collector (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 23, 2018
I have not worked there for 10 years, I will never forget the experience because they gave me my start. The company home is in Texas and I worked for them until they had lay off's which lead to the Business Office being moved to New Port Richey and I am not sure what has happened since.
Pros
casual work inviorment
Cons
They laid me off
collabrative
Charge Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Stressfull but collabrative. Envrionment, management and duties constantly changing. Friendly but upper management ha no idea of the needs of those of us at ground level
Very competitive, Stressful, Can be cutthroat
Employee (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2018
I had a very negative experience there as an employee. Sorry, just don't have anything else to say that hasn't already been said. Just have to have 150 words for this review to end!
Pros
Absolutely loved the patients!
Cons
Most staff, Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Us Oncology Network. Our community is ready to answer.