Us Oncology Network Employee Reviews

Productive, nurses care about the patients
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJanuary 25, 2019
It used to be a fun place to work but a new practice manager took over and working conditions have gone from great to bad to worse causing a tense work environment. The best part of the job was other employees and of course the patients.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor management
Rewarding.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 19, 2019
Hours work well for someone with school age children. Very rewarding. Busy and slower days balance out. Off all major holidays with pay. Management is understanding.

Not valued as an individual or recognized for hard work or commitment to company, except for a 'pat on the back'.
Pros
Good hours for family life, Management is understanding and supportive, Physicians are easy to work with, Good 401k plan
Cons
No cost of living increases, New employees start at higher levels of pay with same experience, No option for 10 or 12 hour shifts, Upper management can be 'clicky', Little room for advancement, Policies are not consistent, High turn over
Great place to work. Work can be quite challenging
Clinical Research Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VADecember 30, 2018
Wonderful experience working there, great place to build experience. Requires a whole lot of comittment and strong work ethic to be able to survive there though.
Lack of advancement opportunties
REVENUE CYCLE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 12, 2018
I wish there were more opportunities to grow within the company. There is a lot of opportunity for lateral movement, but not professional growth. Leadership is detached. However, they are working on more employee appreciation events such as jeans day.
poor management
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 2, 2018
management issues- they hear your concerns but nothing is really done about it. typical issues with private owned practice. benefits ok. pay not adequate for cost of living in colorado
Numbers is all they care about
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  MDNovember 27, 2018
I worked for this company for almost10 years. Out of the blue they changed medical programs and moved the billing office to another location and eliminated my position. I worked remotely, from home, for almost 10 years. That move should not have effected me, but they chose to let me go. I worked hard and gave this company my everything. I really thought I would retire here. I loved my job, in the beginning. the last year things changed dramatically. The pay is good but all this company cares about is numbers.
Pros
I worked remotely
Cons
no overtime, no training, management blows
Efficiency was rewarded with more work
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 19, 2018
More work were given to those that were efficient. Those that were lazy were rewarded with less to do. I was salary and never got lunch. Never had another nurse relieve me so I could eat. I would have to eat while I would work and averaged 10-12 hours a day for salaried 8 hours a day (with no lunch break). If you tried to explain anything to management you were a problem. Only the ones that had been with the company for ever stayed (because of retirement plans) there was so much strife and arguing it was turmoil everyday- never worked in an environment like that in my life. Management stirred the pot. They say one thing in private and another thing in front of others. Physicians stayed frustrated. As did all employees. Thankful to have moved on.
Texas Center for Proton Therapy
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 16, 2018
The Proton Center is doing amazing things for patients and I am grateful for being a part of it however the current management has completely crushed the company morale. The Center has lost so many amazing employees( nurses, receptionist, radiation therapist, intake staff, MRI techs, and the list goes on). An entire intake department has left at once. Instead of appreciating their hard working and great employees that keep that place going they sit around and come up with ridiculous and irrational policies to enforce. Searching for ways to penalize and belittle their employees. The director and managers run around essentially bullying staff daily on every tiny little thing. The director likes to walk around yelling "if you don't like then leave!" They are leaving indeed. Not only do they not care about you as an employee they do not even care about you as a person and absolutely do not care about your family. Many things contribute to negative company morale including us as employees however, here at the Proton Center the management has created a negative environment and display poor leadership. They have taken good staff and destroyed it, causing the best of employees to flee and the remainder to loose motivation. Until there is a change in management the center will continue to be a revolving door for good employees as it has been my whole time here.
Pros
Patients, Doctors, and coworkers
Cons
Poor management, minuscule raises, irrational policies
Very cut throat place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 30, 2018
If you go to work there watch your back,, management will discriminate with favoritism and look for a reason to get rid of you if your not a favorite.
Benefits
Cons
Management should be zero stars....
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
Company is very very very mismanaged, and managers can be bully and very toxic. Most of the managers are just former billers or front supervisors who has been there for years and somebody has decided they will make great team leader. Bad decision. Education is not prerequisite, therefore structure is very unorganized short sighted with a lack of knowledge how to used human resources and talents. Some people will be chilling at work while others work double.
Don't get to charmed on the interview. In a few weeks most of it will disappear, you will be asked to do extra here and extra there. Before you know it will be your job duties. High turnaround of employees.
Company offers good PTO. 3 weeks and paid holidays, however 3 weeks include personal days and sick days so I guess most people will end up only with two weeks. Insurance kind of expensive around 85 per month plus you will be paying 20% of the bills approximately 2000 per year.
Great to start, but don't get to comfortable, well you won't...
Pros
Pto
Cons
awful and clueless management
Busy Micromanaged
Senior Charge Entry Spec (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 11, 2018
Management is terrible, If you take a job with this company you will be OVERWORKED. They make promises for advancement that never happen. The Pay is the only thing that makes it bearable. They hire inexperienced people that cause more stress on the people that actually know what they are doing. Management will have you take on more tasks and projects with no reward and if you mess up on their name they are quick to throw you under the bus. The literally would monitor how many times the female employees used the bathroom, and would tell them if they thought they were using the facilities too much.
Pros
Pay Rate is Decent
Cons
Overworked, Micromanaged, No Job Security
I found that is very good company to work for only reason I am make the change is that wanting to relocate.
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 10, 2018
I love the work do for us oncology the only reason I am leaving is that I want to relocate and as of right now I have not been able to get a position within the company to do a transfer. If could find something where all I had to do is transfer I would stay with them.
Pros
flexible schedule, good benefits, also people are very knowledgeable of their jobs.
Cons
it is fast pace, but like it
Best Cancer Care
Medical Biller and Coder (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 8, 2018
Incredible physicians and staff. Compassionate hard-working family oriented environment. Patients always a part of our family. Can't recommend them enough!
Good company
Virginia Cancer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 2, 2018
Nice company to work for. Didn't want to leave. Had a lot of beneficial changes to the office. Patients were AMAZING!! Would go back if it was closer to home.
Sweatshop
Data Analyst/Coding Compliance Review (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 28, 2018
They will work you to death and then replace you. There's 0 job security. The onslaught never stops. The management only cares about the numbers. They will micromanage you and throw you under the bus to save themselves. If you research this job opportunity before you are hired on and you still choose to work there you only have yourself to blame
Pros
There is always work.
Cons
They never hire enough people to do it
Great physicians; need to work on management practices
RN (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2018
Many employees are salaried with the expectation to stay late daily without any other form of compensation. Time off is earned per check with little ability to actually get any time off approved by management. Doctors are wonderful as are fellow employees and patient experience, however, management made it impossible to keep up- lack of employee appreciation. We are cogs in a machine, not people.
Pros
Physicians and NPs
Cons
Lack of breaks, unwillingness to approve time off, overtime with no compensation
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  HorshamSeptember 9, 2018
I love US Oncology for the time being. Pay increases don’t seem to be a thing. Advancement is slim to none. Other than that it’s a great place to be if you have another income coming in. Staff are exceptional as are the doctors. Management is amazing as well. I’d give it 5 stars except for lack of pay increases and advancement. You do start at nice pay level though.
Good work environment
Charge Entry Specialist I (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 4, 2018
Print of charge entry sheets and check in the computer that the information was correct. Enter hospital billing information for patients to be billed for the Dr.'s services that were rendered.
Used to feel like a family until January 2018
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 1, 2018
I got let go because I was doing my job but not fast enough. People walking around not doing their jobs and getting promoted, no disclipine because mgt hired untrained people she knew. Willing to give chances she says? NOT! A bunch of bullies over where I was. Let go doing a great job but not willing to kiss up.
Pros
Chill co workers
Cons
Management, policy changing and poor attitudes
Scc in mobile al was very disorganized.
Rn (Former Employee) –  Mobile alAugust 5, 2018
They hired 2 RNs to fill one position. One Rn had worked w them before. At 6 month evaluation had to “let me go bc I was falling behind”, being compared to rn that had previously worked there. Staff was very cliquey and downright unkind at times. They were not affiliated with other oncology network at the time so may be different now but I doubt it. Loved the patient population but would not recommend care there if there is another option. Saw np and drs later when I worked in hospital and they acted as if they never met me before.
Cons
Bad attitudes all around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Us Oncology Network. Our community is ready to answer.