US SECURTIY ASSOCIATES Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Secruity Officer (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 5, 2018
I enjoyed this job. It was temporary for me but I would've enjoyed long term employment there if my situation would've been different. The work was fun and you never knew how your day was going to be. I enjoyed the excitement.
Another Security Job
Security Officer/ Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO/ Salt Lake City, UTJuly 25, 2018
Though they try to cover all jobs they take on, both in Utah and Colorado they lacked enough employees too keep to just a 40 hour shift a week. Colorado did better at reducing the overtime but in Utah overtime was a constant. The money was ok, but could have been better for the driving required to get to different sites. They aren't the Best company, but by no means are they close to the worst. If giving them a school grade I'd have to give them a plan C out of A+, A, A-, etc.
Pros
Could almost always count on overtime, simple work.
Cons
Health/dental care, always overtime, no real growth.
Working overnight
Security (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 10, 2018
During this time at the company, this was my first time working nightshift. At first it was hard to stay awake on my first night but I soon got use to it.
Pros
Not much happens
Cons
Poor management
ok but need hours
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2018
the job is ok but I have been misled on two assignments ,when I was hirer in I was with the understanding that it was per.but was tem.
I think they need to be more clear on assingments.
Not an ideal company to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
Operations Manager always always treated me poorly, and passed me up for promotions, the client always praised my work and she failed to recognize it. She always favored employees of the same race as her.
Cons
Productive and fun working there
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAJune 29, 2018
Never saw account manager at the site. Learnt a lot about shipping and receiving. Management is less involved and I wish they are more involved. Everyone was to himself/herself and I wish they are more friendly. hardest part of the job was dealing with impatient customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
impatient customers who sometimes use vulgar words
Awefull Management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 18, 2018
There was zero communication between the US Security Associates Management and the Client. Therefore you can imagine the amount of communication there was with the staff, Zero! There was very little organization from the main office in Charlotte! In all it was chaotic working for this company. The Management was clueless as to what went on at the account unless there was a complaint. Then you got suspended without given the opportunity to defend any allegations or claims! Useless Company to work for!
Pros
Cons
Benefits suck, low pay, useless management!!!
Depends on Work Ethic
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 8, 2018
It is all dependent on you as an employee and your work ethics. If you are willing to put in the effort and be patient with your leadership than you will get ahead in this company.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, OT Oppurtunities
Cons
Short Breaks, Large Turn Over Rate
it was ok to work for them.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2018
They took quite some time to give a position. Some supervisors are awesome to work for. They are at times very understanding of personal situations. But could take a whicle to give other posts for jobs.
Pros
work hours
Cons
long time for jobs
Easy job with Subpar Managment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 20, 2018
Over all i simply watched a gate and talked to truck drivers. I would deal with all paper work needed and secure the area at timed intervals. Management over was not the best and didin't care about the employees. I would receive last minute notice of working over time and holiday time. As well as being told the night before that i have to do online training several hours long.
Pros
Easy, Laidback
Cons
Boring, management

Want to know more about US SECURTIY ASSOCIATES?

Ask a question
They dont pay enough
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Latrobe, PAApril 15, 2018
They dont pay enough. I like everyone I work with , They just dont pay enough. I enjoy my job, however it can been stressfull at times. There are people quitting all the time because they arent happy with the pay or the hours.
A day working with US Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALApril 9, 2018
I worked a day arguing with drivers about what to do and when they needed to go there. I learned how much organization is truly needed when you're working a busy job.
to negative.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 6, 2018
prejudiced, cutthroat, no respect, no leadership, discriminatory practices, supervisors-no experience no training, demanders, no commanders. not a good company to work for.
Pros
paycheck, guaranteed it will get messed up
Cons
stay out of office as much as possible
Slow paced
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 3, 2018
Very slow paced restricted ability to stop a thief from running away with client property. Not the ideal situation when security is supposed to be a deterant he or she becomes a main target.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Inability to stop a thief only report like a monitor lizard!
US security is a calm laidback back work place
US Security Associate (Current Employee) –  West Point, GAFebruary 16, 2018
I love the job but dislike how the Sargent & Lieutenant treat people as such as try to find ways to pick on them. But besides that the job is calm and ran smoothly by US security associates
It was a great place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCFebruary 13, 2018
This was a great company to work for and Id work for them anytime with great leader in place. the class experience to assure proper training was a plus.
Horrible culture
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYFebruary 12, 2018
they need to change the culture here management don't care as long as they making there cut there straight forget about the hard working men & women who come in & out for this company people that been here years they show total disrespect to they people giving them 50 cent raises & stuff like that is ridiculous & our field supervisors don't make nearly as close to most supervisor guards out in the city maybe if we start unionizing the security companies maybe these guys will straighten up
Pros
Free uniforms
Cons
Poor management, No raises, lack of communication amongst staff members
Poor Communication
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 11, 2018
I don't know if I've just had bad luck with Security companies or what but the communication between employees and management/ supervisors is lacking. For a security company pay isn't that bad at least from what I've seen.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Poor communication
Very productive
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 9, 2018
Working for this company has been great overall, I've been working with this company for than a year. Home Depot RDC 5642 is their customer been working since i started with US Security. Everyone at Home Depot has been great since I started I've learned so much from everyone there. We helped with everything, We not only are securities but we are also receptionist. I love helping them out.
Pros
Learning experience, multitasking, free food
ok
Securtiy Guard (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 29, 2018
I liked this job for the most part but i worked at one of their more dangerous sites and there was always some one getting hurt. There was always theft.