US Signal Employee Reviews

nepotism runs well within the company
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 12, 2018
If you are not I the "In" crowd, good luck getting anywhere in the company. Pay is subpar, many of the people could make better money at other places. Insurance leaves much to be desired when it comes to cost its expensive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Money, Hours, Work/Life Balance is more of "Work/Work"
Good Pay, long hours
IT Employee (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 9, 2018
Managers range from extremely capable to being technicians who have no management experience. Expect long hours with little reward besides pay. The hardest part of the job is trying to learn your job while being torn down by your manager without enough feedback.
Pros
pay
Cons
had an inexperienced manager, long hours, too little performance feedback
Great Culture for the first couple years but then a company downsizing
Strategic Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Great manager, fun people to work with but the company took a huge downturn and downsized many of the salesforce and Engineering staff. They went through a restructuring and changed the sales model in 2016 from a Network based sales organization to a Cloud Services company..
Pros
Freedom to be a prt of a team and yet run my business
Cons
Healthcare was almost $900 per month
Great company to work for
NOC Surveillance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 4, 2017
Company has a good work ethic and seem to care about their employees well being. I enjoyed working for this company and only left due to advancement opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Excellent workplace culture.
Great culture
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2017
The workplace culture at uss is excellent, the people are what make us signal what it is today. Micro management does not exist at us signal. Would recommend us signal to anyone looking to work for a carrier that is more than just a carrier.
Great Company
Director of Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 3, 2017
great group of folks, work hard play hard mentality, culture is unique, coworkers are great and work with advanced technology, strong leadership and employees are taken care of
Productive and good place
Professional Services Contractor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 11, 2017
Excellent corporate culture. High percentage of brilliant thinkers. Hugely successful in the market for 15+ years and proven market adaptability, so the future looks bright.
Excellent leadership, encouraging the culture of service to continue by being actively involved in community service.
Treat you well, slow to advance.
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 26, 2017
It's a good company to work for, they treat you well, but the time table to advance is very slow. The compensation is a bit underwhelming, but I like the people I work with.
Summary
Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 8, 2017
I think the process and the accessibility makes this site really easy to use and I will continue to use it. I moved because was little room for upward mobility.
Productive and great environment
Director of Cloud Engineering and Architecture (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Great atmosphere. Work hard and play hard. Employees are expected to donate time back to community. The company gives you time to do charity work. Good benefits.
Pros
environment
Collaborative Environment of talented professionals
PHP Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 1, 2014
In my role as PHP Software Engineer at US Signal Company, I worked on a Scrum Team in 1 week sprints. The Sprint would start by taking tasks off the backlog, prioritizing them with team members, and breaking them down into individual tasks. The ability to work on certain features with other Scrum Team members lent itself to more collaboration and a better end product. At the end of each day, we had a 15 minute standup to go over what we worked on that day, what we were going to work on the next day, and any roadblocks that we ran into. I really enjoyed being able to work in a team environment with other intelligent developers.
Pros
Coworkers, Downtown Location, Projects, Culture
Cons
Ability to advance, Did not view software development as a core department
Great coworkers, great management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2014
A great place to work. The co-workers are great company. The management cares about the working culture and makes sure it is a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunch
Company dedicated to providing quality services to their customers and employees.
Corporate Affairs and Network Cost Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 24, 2013
I worked for the company for 8 months while I was in school. The environment is friendly and conducive to a low stress work environment. The company focuses on educating their employees about their products and the industry in which they participate. The executive staff, including the owner of the company, are dedicated to ensuring the company thrives to provide work for their employees and making a difference in the community.