US Special Delivery Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun, Family-Oriented Work Environment
Safety & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Kingsford, MIJuly 11, 2018
Working at US Special Delivery has been a great experience for me over the years. I have had opportunities for growth and advancement & made some really good friends. I love that I get full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays & paid vacations), the open-door policy and the fact that I can adjust my schedule when needed. I also really like the fun, family-focused working environment. Family is important to me so it's imperative to me that the company I work for also values employees and their families. Employee safety at work is also a top priority of this company...thumbs up to that!
Pros
Great Hours, Flexible Schedule, Full Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Would Like More Paid Holidays, Sick Time & Would Like to Earn More Vacation Hours More Quickly
Great Family Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIJuly 10, 2018
Great Company to work for that takes family time into consideration and will help work around your schedule if needed. Many opportunities for career advancement and great working atmospher
Pros
flexible work schedule
Lack of good management
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2018
The boss that is on duty blames other for his mistakes, plays favorites with the employees, allows people to get tormented, and lies about raises. As long as the management is still bad this place will continue to lose people.
Pros
The pay
Cons
everything else
Fast paced
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIMarch 12, 2018
Face paced environment. Optional 401k, health, dental and optical insurance for full time employees. Family oriented company. Different shifts available.
Steady and reliable work for the man or woman seeking a career in trucking.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 22, 2018
I've learned how to drive from this company and what it takes to provide safe and effective driving. The employees are well put together in their own characteristic ways, fun place to be.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
can get busy
Needs an entire overhaul
OS&D Clerk (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MIJanuary 7, 2018
Lack of management, equipment including all trucks and trailers in disrepair and unsafe. Paychecks will not always be in the bank and you can expect no answers as to why. Conditions of buildings are less than safe. OSHA would shut them down if inspected. Numerous violations. Someone needs to take a good long hard look at each and every location and ALL equipment. It's a shame really that they have let this business go.
Pros
Very informal and casual
Cons
Lack of overall safety, pay
Good company, but poor management.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 31, 2017
US Special was a good company when I started there in the middle 90's. Equipment was updated on a regular basis. Building and grounds were taken care of summer and winter. It steadily got worse as the years past things started to slip and every time suggestions were made to fix things the answer was always the same. No money for that. Trucks were always broke, trailers became very old 10yrs plus, Building and parking lot fell into disrepair poor heat and a/c. Even the locks and security on the doors was poor. It was really disheartening because the management always preached open doors and family environment but in the end it was anything but. I did learn a lot about the transportation business however looking back I wish I would have made different choices. The owners of the company are great people, but they have a upper management staff that is very poor and running the company in the ground. I don't know if they are aware of that fact.
Pros
Good co-workers, ability to think for yourself
Cons
Upper management, poor equipment, poor pay
Intersting
Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2017
Typical day - 8 hours of mechanical duties on a fleet with no heat, while standing in water inside the mechanic bay
What did you learn - that if you are good to the Drivers they assist with the scheduling of repairs.
Management - rapid rotation
Workplace culture - fair
Hardest part of the job - working in standing water and no heat.
Enjoyable part of the job - interacting with the Drivers and mechanical duties
Pros
Allow to function on your own
Cons
No bathroom/lunch room within 2 blocks
nice place to work
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 24, 2017
it's a nice place to work' but looking for more of an oppertunity for advancement. Looking for more of a career move to lay down roots and look for a long term.
Run hard
Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 1, 2016
Ran hard, pay was bad, NOT hourly when I was a driver but based on miles, stop's & pick up's. NO OR LOW frieght means you didn't make money. Did central wisconsin, seen places i've never seen before. Driver's came in drunk on Monday from sunday packer game.
Pros
Pretty good health insurance.
Cons
Pay & hours
Excellent place to get foot in the door
Outbound Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIOctober 21, 2015
Pay was not very good but learned a lot. Company has the willingness to help an employee grow as far training goes. Potential for advancement
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work
fun job enkoyed the people i worked with
Driver Settlement-Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIMay 14, 2014
to calculate drivers pay. i entered the items into the computer. i have learned how to use a mulitphine line.
Productive and fast paced
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2014
Typical Day would consist in doing a forklift safety inspection check list get all bills for outbound loads search all freight for that list of bills for each trailer load,and then load every thing.When needed i would spotting trailers into doors.
The only thing really learned was how they did things it was a pretty up front dock job not to different from any other one that i have worked for before.
Most of the supervisors were very knowledgeable so you didn't have to worry about things falling apart. They kept there shifts running like clock work.
Every employee there had a place and a job everyone got along very well and had fun doing there job.
The hardest part was trying to find freight that was not at our location when loading because it did not come in or someone else loaded it by mistake.
One of the best parts was working alone or working with a partner to load trailers it made the day go by faster.
Pros
Insurance, hours, And laid back environment
Cons
Pay, Hand unload full trailers, And a very dirty environment
Nice place to learn on the job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 25, 2013
Nice place to work on forklifts dock worker. hand paper work no scans of product maybe there uptodate by now.
Fun place to work,
OS&D CLERK (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations with the drivers. They would tell the stories of being on the road.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare
A day in the life
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 15, 2012
I started as a dock worker but my ACL tore 10 minutes into my first shift. After a surgery and a couple months off they gave me a chance at dispatching. I really enjoyed the good days and the worst days were nothing but a challenge. My favorite times were when a customer would call angry over something and I would find a way to make them happy. I found that I had a knack for it and when they moved to Roberts, WI I couldn't follow and decided to go back to school for customer relations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Special Delivery. Our community is ready to answer.