US Special Delivery

US Special Delivery Employee Reviews

OK place to work
Ownership cares deeply about the employees. As I did not participate in the healthcare, I cannot address. There are great people in the corporate office. I got along well with fellow TMS, Supervisors, most of the drivers and clerical. A few people showed real dedication. Some worked hard for a paycheck, and some were really disappointing. I tried to foster a team atmosphere but it did not take with most.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
aggressive personalities and entitled behaviors. No team environment
Disappointed I am not there anymore.
Looked forward to going to work every day. Small company trying to survive and do the right thing by each employee. Executives genuinely care about the operation. The TMs I worked with were knowledgeable, helpful, and invested in their people. The only downside was the amount of drama that existed.
Pros
The people
Cons
The drama
Good place to work.
Had a good experience at this job. Fast paced, busy trucking company. I would recommend this company to a friend or family member. The owners and managers were always fair to me, and I always remained loyal to them.
Great place to gain experience
I started with the company back in 2011 working on the dock. Within 2 years, I worked my way up to Inbound Supervisor. US Special provided me with the skills and knowledge to grow within the company. The skills I now possess can be taken anywhere. They have a friendly environment that they obtained through their employees. The pay is competitive with other nearby trucking companies. I would highly recommend this company to anyone looking to get a jump start on their career.
Pros
Flexible scheduling. Good pay. Friendly environment.
Cons
Expensive health care. Old equipment.
Foot in the Door
this company is for people who has no trucking experience like i did to get your career going.company is flexible will hire anyone but wont stay there
Pros
flexible
Cons
management
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Productive, Fun, Family-Oriented Work Environment
Working at US Special Delivery has been a great experience for me over the years. I have had opportunities for growth and advancement & made some really good friends. I love that I get full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays & paid vacations), the open-door policy and the fact that I can adjust my schedule when needed. I also really like the fun, family-focused working environment. Family is important to me so it's imperative to me that the company I work for also values employees and their families. Employee safety at work is also a top priority of this company...thumbs up to that!
Pros
Great Hours, Flexible Schedule, Full Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Would Like More Paid Holidays, Sick Time & Would Like to Earn More Vacation Hours More Quickly
Great Family Company
Great Company to work for that takes family time into consideration and will help work around your schedule if needed. Many opportunities for career advancement and great working atmospher
Pros
flexible work schedule
Lack of good management
The boss that is on duty blames other for his mistakes, plays favorites with the employees, allows people to get tormented, and lies about raises. As long as the management is still bad this place will continue to lose people.
Pros
The pay
Cons
everything else
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at US Special Delivery?
Fast paced
Face paced environment. Optional 401k, health, dental and optical insurance for full time employees. Family oriented company. Different shifts available.
Steady and reliable work for the man or woman seeking a career in trucking.
I've learned how to drive from this company and what it takes to provide safe and effective driving. The employees are well put together in their own characteristic ways, fun place to be.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
can get busy
Needs an entire overhaul
Lack of management, equipment including all trucks and trailers in disrepair and unsafe. Paychecks will not always be in the bank and you can expect no answers as to why. Conditions of buildings are less than safe. OSHA would shut them down if inspected. Numerous violations. Someone needs to take a good long hard look at each and every location and ALL equipment. It's a shame really that they have let this business go.
Pros
Very informal and casual
Cons
Lack of overall safety, pay
work alone
pretrip truck / trailer . go make delivery , driver to green bay . do drop@ hook drive back to iron mountain mi .drop @ hook drive back to green bay drop @ hook drive back to iron mountain mi.

I have to deal with people in there work place when I make my first drop.

our work place for is quit I now what I have do ,I go in and do it.

hardest part of my day is finding places i have to deliver to , dealing with people on the road .

end of day
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Good company, but poor management.
US Special was a good company when I started there in the middle 90's. Equipment was updated on a regular basis. Building and grounds were taken care of summer and winter. It steadily got worse as the years past things started to slip and every time suggestions were made to fix things the answer was always the same. No money for that. Trucks were always broke, trailers became very old 10yrs plus, Building and parking lot fell into disrepair poor heat and a/c. Even the locks and security on the doors was poor. It was really disheartening because the management always preached open doors and family environment but in the end it was anything but. I did learn a lot about the transportation business however looking back I wish I would have made different choices. The owners of the company are great people, but they have a upper management staff that is very poor and running the company in the ground. I don't know if they are aware of that fact.
Pros
Good co-workers, ability to think for yourself
Cons
Upper management, poor equipment, poor pay
Intersting
Typical day - 8 hours of mechanical duties on a fleet with no heat, while standing in water inside the mechanic bay
What did you learn - that if you are good to the Drivers they assist with the scheduling of repairs.

Management - rapid rotation

Workplace culture - fair

Hardest part of the job - working in standing water and no heat.

Enjoyable part of the job - interacting with the Drivers and mechanical duties
Pros
Allow to function on your own
Cons
No bathroom/lunch room within 2 blocks
nice place to work
it's a nice place to work' but looking for more of an oppertunity for advancement. Looking for more of a career move to lay down roots and look for a long term.
Run hard
Ran hard, pay was bad, NOT hourly when I was a driver but based on miles, stop's & pick up's. NO OR LOW frieght means you didn't make money. Did central wisconsin, seen places i've never seen before. Driver's came in drunk on Monday from sunday packer game.
Pros
Pretty good health insurance.
Cons
Pay & hours
Excellent place to get foot in the door
Pay was not very good but learned a lot. Company has the willingness to help an employee grow as far training goes. Potential for advancement
Pros
Training
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work
fun job enkoyed the people i worked with
to calculate drivers pay. i entered the items into the computer. i have learned how to use a mulitphine line.
Productive and fast paced
Typical Day would consist in doing a forklift safety inspection check list get all bills for outbound loads search all freight for that list of bills for each trailer load,and then load every thing.When needed i would spotting trailers into doors.
The only thing really learned was how they did things it was a pretty up front dock job not to different from any other one that i have worked for before.

Most of the supervisors were very knowledgeable so you didn't have to worry about things falling apart. They kept there shifts running like clock work.

Every employee there had a place and a job everyone got along very well and had fun doing there job.

The hardest part was trying to find freight that was not at our location when loading because it did not come in or someone else loaded it by mistake.

One of the best parts was working alone or working with a partner to load trailers it made the day go by faster.
Pros
Insurance, hours, And laid back environment
Cons
Pay, Hand unload full trailers, And a very dirty environment
Nice place to learn on the job
Nice place to work on forklifts dock worker. hand paper work no scans of product maybe there uptodate by now.
Fun place to work,
The most enjoyable part of the job was the conversations with the drivers. They would tell the stories of being on the road.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
healthcare