US Storage Centers Employee Reviews

You can learn & grow here
Senior Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 12, 2019
If you want a good balance of work & personal time; if you want a career that is different everyday; if you DO NOT want be just a cog in a wheel this can be a great career. This company is one that will challenge you in different ways than others in the industry. Things they were doing five years ago the rest of the industry is just now catching up to. I love the fact that our offices close at a reasonable hour. We don't have to keep restaurant or retail hours & holidays. There are little perks like free lunches you can earn all the time.
Pros
Free lunches, hours, advancement opportunities
Cons
highly competitive market
Efforts and Achievements are Recognized
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2019
If you are motivated and strive for success, you will love working for USStorage Centers. You will feel valued and appreciated. Management is approachable and welcomes feedback regarding process improvement ideas.
Pros
Incentives
Very Team Oriented
District Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 11, 2019
I have been in the storage industry 15+ years, and have learned so much more since joining the US Storage Centers team. We are very competitive, team oriented, family owned and our upper management really does care.

I feel supported and extremely appreciated.
Pros
Free Lunch, Bonuses and Team Oriented
Cons
Do not waste your time!!
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 7, 2018
I am just waiting for the right opportunity to come along so I can walk out. We are over worked and underpaid! The stress created by the district managers to relieve their own work load is HORRIBLE! Employees that have been with the company for years turn and leave because, the expectations put upon resident managers is ridiculous for what they are willing to pay. You NEVER have help when needed. Employees are constantly put in very dangerous work conditions.
Pros
None to compensate the horrid environment
Cons
Pay is mediocre to say the least
Don't do it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 4, 2018
It would probably be a great company to work for but the district i was in had a horrible manager. The pay was a joke. They are always hiring and leave the now hiring signs up so you never feel secure at your job no matter how hard you work for these horrible people. Apply anywhere but here! Its a joke!!!! Uhaul is a better storage company!!!! This place charges customers crazy expensive rates and then nearly doubles it after 6 months (sometimes 3).
Positive work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nolensville, TNJuly 28, 2018
Great work atmosphere. Fun and upbeat job, with great opportunities to meet a variety of client base. Great opportunity to learn a sales aspect and property management aspect.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Hialeah Gardens, FL 33016January 10, 2018
I am currently one of their property managers in South Florida , the core values are the backbone of this company which means they have vision, upper management is always there to help out with every day issues of business and also you at a personal level .I have been with them almost 4 years and the advancements are there being that they are growing and fast. .bonuses are always promoted .overall a very good place to work . I have recommended people to work here one of them is my son in law ,and he loves the company too. You want to build a career ? This is where.
Pros
Bonuses, free lunches for very reasonable goals, flexibility in schedule, etc
Great company to work for.
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 23, 2017
Great company to work for.
Fair wages and great benefits and bonuses
Great work schedule able to balance work and life outside of work
We have a great team to work with.
District Manager and Senior Managers are always ready to help, they want you to succeed.
Pros
Great team to work with
Best decision I've made
Resident Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 23, 2017
Working for Us Storage Centers has been the best decision I've made thus far! You would assume because they are such a growing corporation that they wouldn't care about you or even forget about you, WRONG! They pride themselves on being a company that cares and speaking from experience they truly do! From something as little as sending birthday cards to making sure your family is safe from natural disasters and closing up early enough to get to safe place. Or allowing you to have a holiday party weekend with your district to create a stronger bond.That's corporate! That's home office. This is not including the district that you work with on a day to day basis. Working with Us Storage Centers I have a new extended family. If I'm struggling with anything or have any questions any of them are a phone call away. I was hired in August 2016 as an Assistant Manager and this past July I was promoted to Resident Property Manager. They seen my potential and pushed me to be a greater version of my self! This company is truly amazing beyond words. Like I said best decision I've made!
Pros
You can earn free lunch and bonuses
Career Advancement Opportunities
Propert Manage (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 23, 2017
I've been working for this company now for 4 years I started as an Assistants Manager and within a year-and-a-half I was promoted to Property Manager. I'm currently running my 2nd location as a Property Manager because the company gave me the tools I needed to succeed and they believed in my ability. I can't speak for anyone else but my experience has been fantastic. The management team is Top Notch we all take the time to help each other yes we work on weekends depending on if you have a location that is open on Sundays but you still get 2 days off you do get paid for mileage when you're covering another property the bonus is adequate and sometimes there is even additional bonus that we are given based on performance. If you're looking to change careers or if you're in the Self Storage industry and want to make a company change I highly recommend coming over to our company all you have to do is read the Google reviews they speak for themselves.Our District Manager even went so far as to take the entire team from Florida to Tennessee to Orlando for a holiday weekend getaway. Those are some of the perks with being part of the US storage centers family
Pros
Career Advancement, Evolving Business
Cons
Na
Awesome Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 22, 2017
It’s been amazing ever since I’ve been with the company. They are my second family. There are always new things to learn on a daily. There are always room to grow with this family!
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 22, 2017
This is an amazing company to work for! I have a wonderful team. We always work so well together and if you ever have any questions you can always reach someone who can asssit you. Management lays out very clear goals and gives you all the tools to reach them. District managers are understanding and flexible, and like everyone else, reachable. I could not possibly work for a better company.
Pros
Free lunch, flexability, good pay
Awesome company, relax atmosphere
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hiram, GADecember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. They treat you like family. I will recommend anyone to work here. The growth in the company, comes from your dedication and attitude towards arising issues with customers, facility ect.
Best company I've ever work for. 😆
Pros
Free lunch, bonus, free dental and vision
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 18, 2017
This is a great company to work with.. You get great results with the new technology and changes that are happening with this company and in the storage industry. Former employees are just that, they left or were terminated and appear to be upset. For reasons I can only imagine as people need to realize that they cannot expect things to be handed to them without hard work and dedication. You put that type of work ethic into this company and you will be treated very well with this company. I have come to realize many employees/co-workers expect high pay with little work and no effort. Those individuals don not last and in-turn complain and have no justification to do so. I have worked for two storage facilities (major ones) and US Storage Centers exceeds those two by far. They take care of you as you take care of them. This company gives back to a organization which says an awful lot about who they are. They give back to the community and like there employees to be involved.
Would not recommend
manager (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXAugust 19, 2017
The management was one sided and managers are blamed for what assistant manger do . The person I worked with did a lot of smoking and would go to the store when it wasn't lunch time also had problems with keeping the money straight but was never told anything about it was all put on the manager not a good place to work very one sided . No weekends off and never 40 hrs always less
Overall a good company to work for.
Property Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Management is helpful in assisting you to succeed at your job. Compensation is good. This is a growing company with many opportunities.
Horrible pay/expects too much
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 17, 2017
Horrible pay for the amount of work required. Also expects you to drive long distances to help out at other locations without compensation. As a manager it is required to live on site so not fun.
ok to work for
Property manger (Former Employee) –  harbor city caMay 31, 2017
no room for advancement but customers are great to work with to show different size units and help with customers needs great feeling nice when they recongnize your leadership!
Its an ok job, not much to look forward to
On-Site Property Manager, Miami (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 30, 2017
Not the best job in the world, although its a very easy one. Not much to know or be prepared for when you work there. Corporate can consistently change, making it tough to care but usually they are good to work for.
Collecting of payments, monthly and weekly reports
ON-SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 19, 2016
My typical day with this employer was to prepare myself by taking out golf cart, needed to show future tenants the property. Customer service over the phone and to new potential tenants. Follow up collection calls, daily paperwork,

Inspecting property to make sure all locks are secure and facility is cleaned including tenant's restrooms. Daily bank deposits, checking all supplies and ordering supplies, as needed.

Showing potential new tenants storage areas for their personal and financial requirements. Making sure all tenants are happy with our services and taking time to make sure all their needs are met.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Storage Centers. Our community is ready to answer.