US Tool Group Employee Reviews

productive
TOOL CRIB ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2018
I learned alot at us tool group, my manager was a good teacher, was patient. I was taught purchasing, and how to research companies for lower cost. but the job security wasnt there
Pros
i learned alot
Cons
job security
Associate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJune 14, 2018
I thought USTG was a great place to work. It may have had some not so great days like any job does, but overall I think this is a company that really cares about you. Especially now that I’m working somewhere that isn’t near the company USTG is, I can see how hard they work both for their customers and their employees.
Pros
Lots of HR sponsored events for employees, flexible start/stop times for office staff
Cons
Sometimes stressful days
Stay as far away from this company as you can!!!
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 12, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The culture of this place is to work you as hard as they can with little supervision, until you are ready to quit. The compensation is adequate, but was not worth the hassle for me.
Pros
Cons
Management, Culture
Would not recommend working here
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 5, 2018
Promote team environment but when trying to work as a team they get mad and have people do pointless things. Employees aren't treated as they should. Men get the short end of the stick while women are allowed to do what they please. Communication is non-existant unless you're in trouble. Never get recognition for doing good. Employees are great to work with management needs alot of work. Half the time management has no idea what's going on. Promises of advancement but take years for one new job to open up. They promise big but it's a cheap company with poor management. If you like being walked on then this is the job for you.
Cons
1% pay raises a year
Awesome Manager
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tallassee, ALMay 6, 2018
Would work there again. Really enjoyed the other employees. The Manager is one of the best ones I have ever worked for. If I could go back and work for him I would.
Pros
Awesome employees
Overall a great experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAApril 25, 2018
I worked in the warehouse delivering to tool cribs, a typical day could be very chaotic do to the customer being demanding. The hardest part of the job was that the staff was always at a minimum so if someone was out or injured it compounded the work.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 17, 2018
Managers and supervisor dont care about you needs you try to give your opinion about something they don't want to hear it or dont even care at all. They have not good attitudes or see you different cause the supervisor and manager are women.
Cons
Professional, productive, family oriented management.
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOApril 4, 2018
I believe expectations are high as they should be.The work is new to me and challenging. The productive, clean, safe, and professional atmosphere is also one of family, where co workers are just as eager to help with a fund raiser for a seriously ill family member as they are to answer a work related issue. Benefits are good. I mentioned the compensation is fair for the area because it is one of the best paying jobs in the county. But the pay may not be competitive if one were willing to drive to a larger city. Accrual of PTO is slow compared to other jobs I've had. 5 days in a year for working 40hrs. All in all, great job, superb, caring management who is willing to supply to tools and advice needed for each employee to be successful. Great cafe!
Repetitive work, but the company puts on an emphasis on the well-being of its employees.
Drill Pointer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOMarch 21, 2018
Most of my time with the company has been spent measuring and pointing used drill bits. Management is very accommodating of the physical needs of workers and will relocate them when possible if they're not succeeding at their machine. The work is very repetitive, but there is a full array of insurance benefits offered as well as well as regular opportunities for raises.
Pros
Full Range of Insurance Benefits, On-Site Cafeteria, Physical Therapists Available On-Site
Cons
Few Schedule Choices, Repetitive Work
Na
Program Manger (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 24, 2018
I arrive at work every morning at around the same time which was about 6:00am. Read some of the eamails that came in over the night time hours and got ready for the day
A decent company to work for with great coworkers and management.
Warehouse Logistics/Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoy working for this company. I only wish the compensation for the duties performed would improve, and that there were more advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great coworkers, fair management, nice shift
Cons
Compensation, lack of training programs, limited advancement opportunities
Productive and fun work place
Associate Buyer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MO 63640December 17, 2017
As an Associate Buyer you were pretty much on your own. You have your daily responsibilities to take care of and whatever popped up that was urgent. US Tool Group is an awesome company to work for. You are treated as a person, not just an employee.
Great Company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 12, 2017
Company is experiencing rapid growth. Great management team.
Diverse customer base. Customer locations throughout the Unites States as well as Canada and Mexico.
Pros
Family business
Cons
Growing pains
Productive and fast paced
Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAOctober 28, 2017
Stocking multiple cribs and stations.
Heavy hands on customer service with customer.
Placing high value purchase orders.
My boss was great, very hands off.
Most enjoyable - learning multiple systems and interacting with staff and vendors.
Pros
Great benefits
Very Poor
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 17, 2017
Management at the Torrance, CA location is clueless on how to run a Logistics/ Warehouse. Still using old technology through paper.

Product is setup poorly on the racks and not organized at all. The locations and product descriptions on the racks for you to pick or put away aren't in the correct locations and you are expected to get "use to it".

The inventory is horrible and has 30,000 dollars of lost product or more. If you like being stuck in a logistics environment with a company with product not organized on the racks and still using caveman ways of running things, this is the job for you.

Also Coworkers tattle and run to the manager any chance they get.
Pros
Cons
Poor Management, Company still in the old ages of running a warehouse
Average place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 15, 2017
This company has an excellent management core. They are supportive and very easy to work with. The hours are very intense and you are on your feet for a long period of time
Poor work environment
Tool room attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 6, 2017
Very poor work environment. Management does not have your best intentions in mind. This is a job where your hard word dose not reflect your pay or status. Hard work is disregarded while laziness is rewarded. It is not a very hard job to do, it is only the circumstances you have to deal with that make the job irritable.
Pros
short work week
Cons
poor management
Communications the key
Tool Crib Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAAugust 1, 2017
Bad communication, been working here for 6 months and 90% of the time I don't know what is going on, it's almost like there is too much going on that no one can keep up, then everyone is surprised and not pleased that you don't know what the new update is, or wondering why it's taking so long. People don't communicate and throw each other under the bus and that's not cool. They don't truly notify for advancement opportunities and don't respect employees wishes for different shifts. They also make promises that are not even in their control to keep but they get you in the door and that's all they care about. They don't train and try to just throw people in. The benefits are good which is the only reason I stay.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of communication
The pay and benefits are good
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 11, 2017
I can only say that I believe the only bad experience was due to the specific department I worked in and the attitudes of the people in that department. When I visited corporate it was definitely a different atmosphere and the people were great!
Pros
Great hours, great pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Corporate was blissfully unaware of the problems in this dept
Great employer providing excellent experience
Summer Associate - Drill Department (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 10, 2017
US Tool Group is a great employer, providing experience and opportunity for entry level workers. The culture at US Tool is laid back but expectations are made clear. Employees are expected to work hard but have a good time while performing their jobs.
Pros
On site cafe

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Tool Group. Our community is ready to answer.