US Xpress Employee Reviews

haul
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 11, 2018
its great for starting off CDL training wise, but it would be ideal to be an Owner Operator. A lot of time away from home, if they paid more for miles, yes.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
In consistent with work.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 11, 2018
I was hired by u.s. Xpress and told I would be placed with a trainer and it's been over a week and they still don't have a trainer for me. I'm still waiting and no communication for my training manager unless I reach out with questions.
Pros
Cons
No communication, and wait time.
Their pay was not in accordance to what was told during the hiring process
Driver (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXNovember 8, 2018
Their pay was not in accordance to what was told during the hiring process. I, as well as other with whom I attended orientation and worked with in the Houston area felt as though we were mislead on many issues, the main being the pay.
it was family atmosphere in THL
EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GaNovember 8, 2018
It was a good place to work, it was like family; most everyone knew who everyone was in THL.
There was at least a free meal for office & driver employees once a week so we could gather as family to get to know each other
Pros
most everyone knew you in THL
Cons
very stressful
enjoyed being on the road
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 6, 2018
my responsiblilities was to make sure i picked up my load and delivered it in a timely manner. if there were any problems i was to call my dispatcher to get the problem fixed. Whether it be a problem with the truck or a problem with the delivery destination.
Pros
being my own boss
Cons
not enough home time
It's work
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXNovember 2, 2018
A transportation company to work at. We worked a 5 day work week based at the customers location. My fellow employees are the ones that made it enjoyable to work with.
Great company
Billing/Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 31, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Good benefits. They g=have a gym on campus with showers. My co-workers were really great people. I just wished they had room for advancement.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Parking
Nice office environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAOctober 31, 2018
I was a receptionist so I got to meet a lot of new people and get to know the regulars. I loved my job at US Xpress. I would answer phones, send emails, give directions to truckers, get the mail, and I did logging into the computer for shipping and receiving. It was a fun job with good people and I was only 16 at the time. I worked part-time during school and full time during the summer. When they got a new owner, I was laid off because I was the last person hired in and because they were relocating a lot of people and I couldn't go.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Relocation
Work hard; get paid
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bethel, PAOctober 30, 2018
If you take an account like Dollar General then you can make some money, and be home weekly. Otherwise you'll be making garbage cash like $600/wk despite the fact that you don't get home for about a month at a time. If they wanted more drivers, they'd pay them more. It's a classic oligarchy where the top management makes millions a month, while you scrape by.
Pros
Automatic trucks, decent perks (but you have to pay for them)
Cons
mostly everything.. you get as much as you work, but they're screwing ya
lack of job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2018
Not enough work, less pay, no benefit, poor manager. Away from home for long time. They have good maintenance equipment. New tractor and trailer. Pickup and delivery information were plan well
I just got hired/orientated what to expect at usxpress
Student Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Just finished Orientation its 3 days long but they only pay two days at $62 a day and you won't see that money for weeks. On day 3 by 4pm they send you home on greyhound and tell you to wait with no pay 7 to 10 days for a trainer. This company is trash. I'm trying to get this 4 week nightmares with a trainer out of the way already but Ive been sitting here at home for 3 days so far waiting up to 7 more with no pay. And once I do get picked up if I decide to wait n not switch carriers. I will only make $70 a day 6 days a week that's $420 a week before taxes maybe $350 take home for 60 hours of work. This company is trash and my handler I've been assigned answers emails IN ALL CAPS TO INTIMIDATE YOU. When I was hired after drug test I was told to call her all she tells you is bad news n that you will be fired if she calls you and you don't answer upon being sent home with no pay on call for 10days. This company is garbage n I've only been hired for 3 days.
Pros
Cons
Everything n then some
My personal experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Tunnel hillOctober 24, 2018
First off, I feel that training should be longer and that it should be seasonal. You need to be familiar how to drive in all conditions, so I would recommend it twice a year or to be longer. I was told to follow my GPS but that is bad advice. You'll find trouble almost every time, the minute I purchased a Rand Mcnally GPS that trouble was virtually nonexistent. Dalton Dunbar, you were the best dispatch, brother. I take responsibility for my mistakes while I was there. Although, if there was more information on what could have made my experience more smooth, like not following that gps, I would have enjoyed it more. Also, the directions to shippers are terrible at times. All the same, sometimes the dispatch (not Dalton) would give you loads that are hard to plan routes for, you'd have a hard time making it while finding a nice place to rest. And the pay was not very good to me being otr starting out. I made more as a trainee. Overall, it's not a terrible company but I would recommend not going to any big company tbh. I'm being honest, please listen. If you find yourself there already, be safe and plan yopur routes and where you'll stay. Look for a place to stop 2 hours in advance if you have to.
Pros
Most dispatchers are friendly.
Cons
Not enough training, needs to be doubled. Upper management - some are butt holes, Pay is bad starting out at least in my case, The rest of what I said above.
Productive company but stressful
Otr / regional driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2018
I been with the company a little over 3yrs now. I have been on two different accounts from OTR to dollar tree. From my experience I have been lied too several times by the dispatchers, forced to take loads and now having to remind them to include my earnings on payroll. I think usxpress is a good company but I would advise anyone to stay with them no longer then 2yrs.
Pros
No experience required
Cons
Your name will be your truck number
What's a great place to work
CDL Class A Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2018
Overall was probably one of the best trucking companies I drove for only reason I left was I needed to be home indefinitely just so I can watch my kids grow up. They got the nicest most courteous dispatchers
Pros
Pay and dispatchers
Cons
Not much hometime for OTR
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2018
I've been here on and off since 1998,,its a great place to work..They treat you fair..if you want to work they will keep you busy..Thye have well maintained equipment,,
Pros
Great equipment, Dispatch keeps you inform
Cons
Sometimes you lose out on loads and they take a while to get you a new dispatch
USXPress Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHOctober 7, 2018
Long hours, great pay. Office staff helpful and professional. Equipment is kept up and replaced often so that drivers are working in up to date tractors, with maintained trailers.
Pros
Pay and equipment
Cons
Work/life balance
This company is notorious for not paying you for your miles
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  OTR, dedicatedOctober 7, 2018
Several employees have left their truck on highways, terminals and in front on their homes because Usxpress will not pay some or even all of your pay. The system is designed with loop holes to make it less than worth your time trying to get your money back. Class action sue is needed!!!!!!

Don’t believe the good reviews, they office employees to write they!!!!
Their navigation system will get you kill, loose your license and they will blame you, then fire you to make the company look good.
They want complete control of your life!!!!
Pros
Got away from the company with my life and license.
Cons
Worst company to work for!!!
otr
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 6, 2018
us xpress, vet friendly, most of the staff that was assigned to you were understanding if you had a situation come up and you needed to get home or if something else arose. Pay scale was ify but understand its better now.
Great first place to work. Have to put the effort in though.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  OTR.October 6, 2018
Rough start to be honest. But after going through a few different fleet managers finally got a couple really good guys that do everything in their power to get me all the miles I ask for and home time. On weeks that I dont go home I make between $750-1200 per week, sometimes more. This is a starter company in my opinion. There are better options for people who have more experience. But for a first company I really can't complain.
Pros
As many miles as you can squeeze in at 68mph. Decent pay for a first job in this career.
Cons
No manual trucks. Governed at 68mph. To make the best money you have to sacrifice hometime.
class a truck driver
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 3, 2018
my job duties where to pick up and delivery freight acroos the usa my duties also include doing pre trip before my shift and doing a post trip after shift ended
Pros
good money
Cons
not enough hometime at that moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Xpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight