US Xpress Employee Reviews

There are better cdl jobs anywhere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 16, 2018
If you are not one of your dispatchers favorites, you will have a bad time. Make his job easy or he will make yours hard.

If you are expecting to ever have your days off where you want to take them, you are in the wrong profession.

Pro tip: use satalite image on Google maps to see where the truck entrance is at the delivery location.
Pros
Plenty of time to listen to podcasts
Cons
Zero work life balance...Zero!
Not at liberty
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 15, 2018
Not at liberty to say anything
I got the experiences that I did
Beautiful scenery
Met a lot of good people
That's all I can say for now
Just be aware of the unpredictable
Pros
Ok
Cons
Could be better
Company for start
Team driver (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 12, 2018
I work for usxpress as team for rate is good but management is very poor!! Recreters are layers don't believe what's going to tell you . No time off paid and no breakdown paid . You must fight to get your bonuses and rate rise . As team usxpress is good but solo is very bad company. Every time you drop your load you are lucky if you find an empty trailer !!!
Pros
They keep you busy
Cons
No empty trailers and old trailers
Great company to work for
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJuly 11, 2018
Usxpress is a great place to work. Great benefits package. Lots of miles per week. Paid for both loaded and unloaded miles. Trucks are all automatics
Pros
Lots of miles, Paid weekly, Paid loaded and unloaded
Cons
Out weeks and months at a time
Great Management and Culture!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 11, 2018
Yes, this being Recruiting you will experience stress as this is a "sales" role however, the benefits and support from management are phenomenal. I do not intend to go anywhere as I have found US Xpress to be a home to me. The benefits are great, we have fun, and the pay incentives are wonderful. 10/10 would recommend coming to be apart of the Recruiting team or US Xpress in general!
Pros
Great Management, Culture, Benefits, Support
Cons
Put in the work, you cant expect the benefits and incentives without the effort.
Ok place to work
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 10, 2018
For me this was a very stressful job. As a OTR team driver we had to always fight for miles. Within 7 months we had 5 FM and not because we fired them either. We Never turned down loads even if they were less than 100miles. We were always on time to the shipper and consignee. We stayed out for 6 weeks or more at a time but the company always made us feel like they really didn't care about us and would stress us out daily. I would only recommend this company if you are a student driver with no experience.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
N/a
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJuly 7, 2018
It’s experience is very cool, just looking for an local position so I could be home daily. Us Xpress have lots of opportunities, us Xpress also have a lot of rewards
Route planning was done for you
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 1, 2018
You had no set schedule route planning was done for you by somebody else you drove days and nights no choices not allowed to refuse any loads you had to do a 34 every week never got the same days off You could go home almost every night the hardest part about this job was training new drivers to do it
Pros
Going home almost every night two days a week off
Cons
Not knowing what days you had off
reliable company to work for
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 26, 2018
good company to work for, especially as a new driver just starting out. The trainers are very good and thorough. They have very nice driver facilities at their terminals.
slow paced job with travel across country
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJune 24, 2018
very inviting work space all drivers are friendly and the feet managers actually care about there otr drivers this was my first stop when i got my cdl licence and i learned so much from it that is the most enjoyable part about this career choice .
good start out company
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 22, 2018
good company to gain experience fresh from truck driving school. the hiring process wasn't bad except for the nasty hotel they have drivers staying at.
Pros
freedom
Cons
equipment
Challenging
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2018
Fair pay for an OTR company. It's a very challenging work environment. Unless you can find a good dedicated position, the work can be very challenging.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Time away from home
Truck Driver
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 18, 2018
I had to pre trip and post trip truck and trailer daily. I was over the road for a few months. But was offered a dedicated position on the Target account.. I really liked my job
Not bad, good place to test your negotiation skills
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJune 11, 2018
All in all not great but not terrible. The company seems to be wanting to try to do better and become more modern but at the same time doesn't want to change. The seem to be at a cross roads.
Pros
People in office mostly easy to get along with
Cons
not enough time off., must work holidays and expensive insurance
overall good company.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 7, 2018
This is a decent company with newer trucks. Dedicated accounts pay well. I would recommend this company to newbies looking to get experience in the industry.
Pros
newer trucks, new driver friendly
Cons
low pay on some accounts
Very Easygoing Job with lots of Travel
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 7, 2018
I loved being able to travel the United States and get paid to do it. Everyday I was in at least two different states transporting goods for the rest of the world. I realized just how much the guy behind the scenes put in without even getting noticed. It also taught me a lot about time management.
Pros
Being able to borrow money from your check, getting paid weekly, etc.
Cons
Not being able to be home with family as often.
Expect to work and not get paid
Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
For an industry that's so in demand the company certainly doesn't compensate its employees right.

I was busy from the time my butt hit the seat until the moment I clocked out. Often required to work through lunch and not get paid for it.

Good entry level to learn the business and yes even move up but the pay is below average and the required working hours above average. I'm making $50,000 a year and only actually making $19+/hr since we have to work 96 hours every pay period (vs 80).
Pros
Good entry level learning experience
Cons
Compensation, paid time off is abysmal, health care benefits are terrible
Good job not much room for growth
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2018
This company has job openings but manager has to sign off before can go on interview. Managers are protected here. Many of them refuses to reach you the job role completely. Thank
Below Average Pay
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 4, 2018
Good Company to work for but not suitable pay for my living needs and expenses. A reasonable truck company to work for if you are a new driver in the Class A truck driving field to get some experience.
Pros
Home Weekends
Cons
Serious loss of pay when your truck is broke down.
Boys club
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 3, 2018
if You’re not a yes man, this won’t work. Hardly any brown people or gay people. The company as a whole needs to take a communications course at a local college on a long weekend. In house is very unorganized. They’ve over complicated in house systems of getting freight from point a to b and then have drivers complain about in house communication. They just want to deliver the loads. With new layouts to the operating procedures every six months no one knows which way is up and drivers talk to 2500 different people when they call in. HOT. MESS. I could go on for days and I was only there two years.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Upper management, toilet paper, cafe, decor, hr, payroll, It

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Xpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight