US Xpress Employee Reviews

very nice equipment
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I had been assigned a dedicated route when first working for the company and was trained by one of their best trainers to do so it was a great experience and i would have done it sooner had i known. but physically, (due to a back injury) i am unable to do it anymore.
Pros
good equipment well maintained
Cons
to many miles not enough moey or time off
Awesome Place to Work
OTR TEAM DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Chagang-doJanuary 12, 2019
This Company is a great Company to work, Great for New CDL Holders, and Seasoned Drivers. Above market average Pay, Great Miles, and Great Equipment, Planing to go back as Operations
Dedicated Account Lake City, Fl
Target Dedicated Account Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 8, 2019
This company only pays top dollar for their dedicated accounts (Target, Dollar General, etc) 54cent team split at target DC in Lake City, Fl, u only need 1yr experience to get that pay. Fleet Managers and driver managers are people who never sat in the driver seat of a truck. This company operates as a tight knit family. So with that said if you are one who doesnt fit in and constantly at a disagreement with the fleet manager, they will find a way to remove u from the company no matter how clean or safe of a driver you are. As with any large company u are just a number. For the most part i enjoyed the pay and miles per week on the dedicated account. They did give additional home time if u gave at least a two weeks notice. Routes are southeast coast from Miami. FL to as far as Bristol, VA. U can easily average 4000+ miles a week, and they pay $20 per drop. You are only dealing with refrigerated trailers and they have 5 stores max on each trailer. Do the math and u can easily make $1500 a week if your proactive and jus do your job. If you live within 100miles it also makes your 34 reset more enjoyable. All in all team up with a buddy from trucking school or somebody you can deal with for weeks on out and make money together.
Pros
Great Miles...Great Pay
Cons
Inexperienced office personnel... Job Security
Good Temporary Job-Office
Orientation Assistant/HR (Former Employee) –  Markham, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Coworkers can be great. Management not so much. Overall a good experience and enjoyable job. However, unless you want to move to TN there is not a lot of room for advancement.
What can i say....
Professional CMV Operator (Current Employee) –  north eastJanuary 4, 2019
Its up to you. There are hundreds od trucking companies. you choose. Life on the road isn't for everyone. You have to make that choice before you proceed.
Able to make friends but high turnover.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 2, 2019
Upper mgmt has no concern for employees it’s all about money. They do not build relationships unless you are on the boys team. You have to be in the clique to go anywhere. They also hire from outside and do not promote from within.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Management is above employees
U.S. Xpress
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 1, 2019
Typical day; driving trucks long distances. What I learned was how to drive the trucks. Management was very poor. They tried to force you to do things that were unsafe or illegal. The hardest part was being alone and the most enjoyable was being able to see the country.
ok job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2018
a lot of driving. and unloading driving to and from different stores dealing with the family dollar employees. gots to have good customers service working at us xpress
Superb experience
Driver (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PADecember 12, 2018
US Xpress puts the driver first. Safety is their priority. Chances are high that if you’re a lazy worker you won’t like it here. Hard work is rewarded. I have only been driving for a year and have been on a dedicated account. I don’t have anything but good things to say about my experience. I would proudly recommend this company. As a veteran, they truly make me feel that they appreciate those of us that have served our great nation.
Pros
Overall, fantastic company
Cons
I haven’t experienced any
Good place to learn
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 7, 2018
There is nothing more I can say about this company. Average rates, average corporate mentality. People forget that drivers and their success are the leading force for everyone else to have a job. Unfortunately, very often drivers treated as second class citizens
Able to see the beauty of the USA while making money
Semi-Tractor Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 7, 2018
Traveled forty eight states and Canada, over the road. CDL class A with hazmat. I was never late for a pick up or a delivery from coast to coast. I had learned to use the computerized map provided in the tractor of the eight wheel heavy duty axel truck.
Pros
Meeting different people in every state in the USA and the beautiful land and seenary
Cons
Dangerous, Must continue with focus at all times, no short cuts.
review
Payroll Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 4, 2018
was good to work for and i learned alot but they do every so ofter lay off people and it was not know if you had a job day to day but other than that a nice company to work for
Pros
bonus every so often
Cons
but constantly on phone
Very Poor Communication
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PADecember 3, 2018
The only reason I give management 3 stars is because of the very poor telephone communication within the company. If you have to call anyone, no one in Chattanooga will answer the phone and if you leave a message DO NOT expect a return phone call.

Now that the tough love is out of the way. The equipment I've driven has been newer well maintained tractors and I never have an issue getting anything repaired when needed. Other than the phone issue I already stated, I have always been treated with respect and never talk down to by anyone in the company. The loads have been consistent and my pay has always been correct. I have had no issues getting home for scheduled home time and once because of a death in the family. My Fleet Manager was 100% in my time of need.

No company is perfect. Not every company is a perfect fit however, USX is definitely one of the best companies I've driven for in my 25 plus years. Good luck and stay safe drivers.
Pros
Equipment, respect, no hassle home time
Cons
Poor or no communication with any department in Chattanooga
Love working here
Driver (Former Employee) –  Regional dedicatedDecember 1, 2018
If they where local in my area I would still be there. I love my dispatcher. As a solo driver on a dedicated account I average about 1100 per week. Not a stressful work environment very likes yes I unload it but it was still easy and I was compensated well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No local
Good beginner company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 29, 2018
They were a good beginner company. Basic pay. No bonuses. Huge fleet so you'll be at the bottom getting the trips no one else wants. Fleet managers are hit and miss. I was lucky with 2 good managers in my time there.
Decent company if your a single person
Owner Operator (Truck Driver) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 25, 2018
This is a decent company to work for of you are a single person. The long hours per day with the extensive time from home is and can be very tough for a married/family person. I believe they need to listen to the driver's a little more, especially driver's with extensive experience. They are getting better at that though. Some of the managers can be rather demanding and pushy. I think the higher executives within the company need to sit down and either have a discussion with driver's or take a long look at company policies and changes that need rectification.
Pros
Pretty steady work
Cons
Lower end of pay scale for work performed
Poor communication between IT executives created tension
IT (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaNovember 24, 2018
Those who keep a low profile seem to do well. Those who push hard to impact change become visible and increase their risk for retribution.

There are many great managers and leaders at US Xpress, but like any trucking company, there is daily stress to meet the metrics, reduce costs, and to find ways to improve profit margins.

The job is 'what you make it'
Pros
Good relationship building between departments
Cons
communication about department goals was limited
Was all kinds of excited to get started BUT...
Dedicated OTR delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MONovember 23, 2018
Was told one thing then changed after I got signed on then took FOREVER to get me in a truck the always running behind on loads due to stores not being ready or processing the boxes as fast as i unload them at stores that have more than 2 employees.
Cons
You go as fast as the store your unloading at you only get 220$ per trailer Also no APU
Ok company for new drivers.
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 23, 2018
There is alot going on and US XPRESS does alot of switching around. Your miles are never consistent. Trucks are nice and if you get a good dispatcher you are gold here... but now you will be constantly moved around and never have good miles.
Pros
Nice trucks
Cons
Pay, miles, dispatchers are not the best by far.
busy
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 21, 2018
they hid the fact that if you team drive that everything from pay to bonuses are split in half. even though they give you 3000+ miles they will also have you sitting and waiting more

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Xpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight