US Xpress Employee Reviews

Worst place to work if you have a family
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Dont bother working here if you have a family;low pay ,low miles ,and dont even worry about having any time at home!! ,They bother you constantly about where your at , even though they have satcom's in the truck , they still ask , if your gonna make it on time ,seriously?? All the good loads go to the owner operators of the company , they will wake you up at 3 in the morning (on your 10 hour break) wanting you to go find an empty trailer that does not exist!!! New drivers stay far away from this place!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Think I summed it up in the review
Garbage work environment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Berwick, PASeptember 11, 2018
If I could do it all over again I would have never started working for us xpress. It has been the worst work experience of my life an I wouldn’t wish it on anyone else
Pros
No pros
Cons
No personal life available
if you have a life dont do it!
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Gordonsville, VASeptember 11, 2018
lots of wasted time no organization at all favortisim is apparent not enough work high turnover rate you lern on your own seems like one two day max at training then off you go. if your new i feel for you so many unanswered questions pay sucks they say 1400 a week thats a lie
Pros
leaving that place to go home
Cons
lack of communication
Loved the company, I left because I don't like the NE
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 10, 2018
Otr is wonderful, I couldn't handle being in the north east constantly.tried some dedicated accounts they are a joke.great company good people friendly and helpful.if you can handle the NE and are willing to work they are someone I would recommend
Pros
Just about everything
Cons
Constant north East driving. Dedicated accounts
Good co-workers
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 5, 2018
It was fun working a U.S. Xpress. My co-workers were great and the account we had was awesome with some very good people working. It's a shame that we lost the account.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Have a lot of sitting and waiting around
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 4, 2018
Watch them they will cheat you out of money, not only the money but the home time isn’t what they promise, they will tell you anything to get you to deliver then they will straight up lie to your face
Dispatch and managers are awesome . With having no experience in the trucking business I am gratefull for the oppurtunity.
Semi-Tractor /Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Tipp City, OHSeptember 2, 2018
I really like dispatch and managers, if only US Xpress had paid vacation and aquired PTO I would stay.
I didnt have any experience in tractor trailer driving, so I am thankfull for US Xpress to allow me to come on board. My first year I made $51,000 gross working usually more than 12 hour days.
Pros
Dispatch and management were awesome
Cons
No paid vacation or aquired PTO
Very fast paced job
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GeorgiaSeptember 2, 2018
I liked the part of driving to lacation one day and unloading the next. balancing of each load was handled very well. Most associates would be very knowledgable.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Home only a day a week
Lack of communication
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 31, 2018
bad communication, high driver turn over rate, pay rate isnt good, no. paid holidays. take of pretty much when ever you want but with out pay. Often you dont find out what kind of load/run you have untill literally a few hours before you have to go in to work.
Pros
work when you want almost
Cons
no paid personal time off
Trucking company
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2018
Laid off in midst of busiest time of year 2011. Not solid reasoning just figured they wanted to dump salary. Left bad taste in my mouth after giving them six good years. Never called back.
Pros
Fairly good mgmt supervisor that I worked with
Cons
Hours
Pleasant Place to work
INVOICE CLERK (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 27, 2018
I have enjoyed working at US Xpress. They offer a flexible schedule so it is a great place to work for parents who have school age children. They have supportive management and are willing to train and offer help when needed
Truck Driving is for people who like driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 26, 2018
I really enjoyed trucking and making sure my loads were delivered in a safely and timely mannered. My job consist of driving for 10 hours and then rest for 10 hours.
Low pay
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INAugust 22, 2018
I was on Walmart dedicated Auburn Indiana worked for 4 months paychecks were consistently less and less each week even though I never missed work and would work 6 days a week finally left with no notice when my paycheck dropped to $600 for a Six-Day work week yeah no thanks
Never Home
Class A CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Auburn, INAugust 21, 2018
I was on a dedicated acct and worked 5-6 days a week. I’d call in my start times and eta back to the yard. Wake up to call in and wait 2-3 hours to leave. So my 13-14 hour day turned into 17-18 hour day. Just exhausting running like that, then sitting.
Pros
No touch freight
Cons
No home time
Good job
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 16, 2018
The job was a good job.. paid well.. there were a few quirks. But overall a good company to work for. I would get paid to travel all across the United States and see some amazing sights. I would work for them again if I had to.
Pros
See above
Cons
Long periods away from home
Planning
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 16, 2018
Good compensation for area, tough job, long hours. Not a lot of room for advancement. High Healthcare costs. Tuition reimbursement is decent, culture is improving.
Good Place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2018
Fun environment with good people. They offer great benefits as well as employee perks such as a gym and fitness classes. Holidays were always a joyful event throughout the office.
Field Safety Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37421August 15, 2018
This was a good place to work. The drivers were cooperative and willing to learn more. People in the office feel that the drivers are there to do exactly what they are told to do even if it going against DOT Regulations. Be careful if you are terminated, the company will fight to not pay your unemployment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
truck driving
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHAugust 15, 2018
It's a typical truck driving, driver unload, job. 150 mil radius dedicated delivery to one client. start in the same place each load and run a specific region
its ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 14, 2018
pretty good place to start a career. But not to finish or continue. best if you get the recommended 1 year and then leave. after that is when you see how dysfunctional the business is

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Xpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight