US Xpress Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Featured review
US Xpress selected this as a representative review
Great Company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 13, 2018
The managers are easy to talk to and are able to work with you on what you need. They will do everything in their power to get you the time off in the spot requested. Pay is great benefits are great loved working for the company.
Pros
Everything is great about this place
Cons
Some of the managers are not as experienced as they need to be
sucks
Class A Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  ohioJune 16, 2019
don't drive for this company they don't pay you for all the miles you drive. they have a driver turn Over rate that would blow your mind and there dedicated ac are just as bad
Long Work Hours. 10 hour breaks. 34 hour resets.
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Robert, LAJune 13, 2019
Drive state to state. Deliver on time. Stay in contact with dispatch and fleet manager. 15 minute checks on the truck. Clean the truck. Scan barcode sheets.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Long time of not being with family.
Class a driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2019
It was my first trucking company as a driver. It's an good company to start you driving to get the experience and the knowledge to become an successful truck driver.
Poor management
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 31, 2019
Non caring dispatch and constant problems with the equipment or loads. Not compensated for all the hard work that goes into delivering loads safely and undamaged!
Pros
Terminals in several different locations
Cons
See above
A horrible company to work for. I got shorted on my check multiple times I also trained new employees and didn’t get paid for training
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCMay 24, 2019
Horrible company to work for. I got shorted on my check multiple times, I trained employees and didn’t get paid for it as well as moving trailers and didn’t get paid for it. I was on a local account and was told I would get 2 days off and when I got back from orientation I was told at the job site it’s actually only 1 day off. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYBODY!!!
Company Ok depending on account
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 13, 2019
Any account where you have to unload, don't do it.. Dispatchers a make you hate your job. The company however is ok overall just depends on what account you work. No paid vacation, no paid sick time and they have blackout dates where you can't request off.
Pros
They have local
Cons
OTR doesn't make enough as company driver
Horrible place to work
Class A cdl driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, INApril 29, 2019
There is favoritism everywhere. Don't get good miles. I make 500 a week take home. I can go work at McDonald's for that. Stressed and lied to everyday. Looking for another company, but after a year of having smoke blown up my butt I don't think I want to continue driving trucks. Really disappointed.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHApril 28, 2019
Place help pay Bill's, problem was we were contact employees for a grocery store that decided to end our contract and left employees looking for other work in the area.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay wasn't great
.great trucking company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 27, 2019
Great company something for everyone they reward you for what u do and u get out what u put in. They are very family oriented and honest with you. They ask same in return and they’ll get u on a tour that works for you.
Pros
Home every weekend
Cons
I loved working with this company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Ocilla, GeorgiaApril 25, 2019
The only negative I can say is shop time is way to long. Great company to work for. Wonderful fleet managers. Drivers are well taken care of. Great benefit
Hi
Truck Driving (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 19, 2019
By this time very goog time I started for in this company more learn about skill saefty and more and see every where in us good for every thing thanks for us x
Not Worth the Trouble
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAApril 16, 2019
I noticed a ton of adds about USxpress have popped up all over the internet. That made me want to put my two cent into the business practices of this Company. These people no doubt have major issues keeping drivers...……...Pay per mile is as close to slavery as possible. Only getting paid for being "productive for your company". Doing everything else for FREE...……...THERE IS NOTHING FREE USXPRESS...………….

I want to explain the process these people use when "HIRING" new drivers. It is very important because I have never been so disrespected as I was the two days I wasted at there orientation class in Tunnel hill, GA. As a whole not just one person that is. They rush you from one spot to another treating you like livestock accept you have no value that is.

Doing your physical the "Doctors" will constantly threaten you with failing and sending you home for touching steps not lifting your leg high enough and perhaps if you cough you will no doubt be sent home...…..lol,,,,,,,,,,THEY DO NOT PAY YOUR WAY HOME... …….REMEBER THAT...……

It is very important because out of the class I was in. Maybe about fifteen people. Six people were sent home. That was when I left. My partner failed and I left with him. TRASH trucking companies are a dime a dozen.

Meanwhile , I could hear other applicants arguing with the worthless staff about there work history and any other thing they should have gotten sorted out over the phone...…...
Pros
No pros about Xpress
Cons
Favortism and lack of Respect
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAApril 16, 2019
Good place to work. Enough loads to go around. Good communication. Lots of help. Good management. Experience dispatchers. Good road assistance. Nice terminals
New drivers beware.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 15, 2019
Miles are not guaranteed. 3 incidents, not accidents, and your basically terminated. Expect to work 14 hour days with no scheduled time off your 1st 6 months. On an hourly pay scale expect to make less than minimum wage.
Kroger account manager
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 8, 2019
The manager for the Kroger dedicated account told me when I requested Sundays off to attend Church that if she knew I needed Sunday off for anything like that she never would have accepted me on to the account. Which is discrimination. Sundays were always very slow. Hurry up and wait. I was also told that the pay was based on experience at US Xpress not total years of experience as a truck driver. That was a lie.
Cons
Account manager
Worst Staff to work with
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMarch 30, 2019
Everything is wrong from distpatch to trainer and fleet managers. Longest 3week training. Rush you to Deliver Loads and Love home time. Dedicated account better paid.
Pros
They keep you rolling
Cons
Short Brakes and Low PAY
It’s a great career for beginners
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2019
I honestly did not have any issues with the company, Just the OTR solo pay very low, and that the school their connected to will tell you one thing but soon as you get hired it’s a different story. Dedicated is awesome for those who love physical labor. I was trying to get on the walmart account in Humbe because I stay in Humble, Tx and they even had open opportunities and still didn’t put me on the account. Instead they wanted me to stay on the Family Dollar account and unload 2,000- 3,000 pieces. 100% touch freight. No thank you, I’m with a different company doing flat bed. Making more money just strapping and tarping things. Waaaay less physical labor for more money. Also, one last thing trucks break down way to often.
Pros
Management, home time, great for beginners
Cons
Pay, and the truck quality
horrible
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 17, 2019
this was a good company to start, however the pay was horrible. i was under a contract, meaning i had to pay back my schooling for a year. i started off at 20 cents per mile, and ended at 25.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
evrrything was wrong
You can travel and see different things
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2019
US Xpress can be a good company if they had better trainers and management the pay is alright for a starter they have a greater team driving program also you receive bonuses if you refer some one to the company and they actually drive
Pros
In the truck by yourself
was interesting
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 17, 2019
it was an adventure fleet mgrs. were great kept me busy never had enough time off had to keep up with truck payments lost family life and had to eat sleep walk talk job 24-7 for almost 10 years over all they can make you snap but they were nice people.
Pros
money was ok
Cons
no family life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at US Xpress. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight