USA Contact Point

USA Contact Point Employee Reviews

United States21 reviews
A typical day was taking calls from irate customers who had started a free credit monitoring service and had not canceled so they were charged and we were to try to retain the customer and if we were able to, then we would offer a couple of upsells to the customer. There were long wait times between calls so in my opinion not near as productive as we could and should have been while on the clock.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Poor Management/ Low Pay
Not a company to refer to someone. Not a company that cares about the workers or security. Only get paid while on a call per minute. Not a company to take seriously.
You do not make enough money for work done, they started to charge you for using there dialer and took the little cents you can make you can not live on this income.
not enough assistance of calls, very low talk time minutes, downtime was often. It needs to be structured with increase in pay hourly and minute. once that occur the call center virtual envirnonment will be fine.
Pros
pay is on time
Cons
not organized
This is a great at home job. Flexible hours work when and where you want. provide great customer service. Also learning customer service skills in the comfort of your own space.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have learned so much from working on this job. The virtual work environment has really done me some justice in my stay at home life.
Good company, just pay was not sufficient for my situation. Very helpful training. I did not experience much support from management however. Most enjoyable part of job was the feeling of resolving a customer's issue. Non-desirable part of job was easily lack of support from manager/co-workers when issue was not able to be resolved by myself.
They pay per minute you are on a call. I couldnt take care of my family off of that and no benefits. Not many calls depending on the time of day.
I am an inbound customer service rep I answer incoming calls about products, the cost, tech issues, and cancel if they want to cancel, i also transfer calls if they need transferred
Oh my God, I did so much to try and work on this site and the site doesn't even work. The phone never connects, it's all a GIANT JOKE! Don't waste your time trying to go through the whole process and then the whole site fails. I spent a whole day going through the learning process, typing out notes and everything and the whole site doesn't even work. I think there trying to sell their product through hiring people. It's all a GIANT SCAM!
Pros
None!
Cons
Ripoff!
this company cooks the books on paying their employee's,they have no fleixiblity, they have a poor flag system,where its like a slave ship..i would never work for them again.
Pros
Cons
no flexibility, they steal from their employees
Pay was horrible. She out sourced to a company in South America, those employees lied, then we we go the the brunt of the complaints because of their lies. Very Bad Company to Work For!
Pros
Was able to work at home.
Cons
So many I cannot even begin to start explaining them all.
The job is great and pretty easy there just isn't much help or management. You can make money there if you stay on the phone for hours but sometimes it's hard to do that because the calls are too far apart. The pay is per call minute and go up or down based on you percentage of cancelations. The calls your answering are people calling in to cancel that you must try too convert to staying a subscriber. It's very frustrating when you work all week and have a high retention rate so your paycheck looks nice and fat and then the last day of the week you have an off day and your check get cut in half because of it.
Pros
easy to get hired, legitimate work at home job, weekly pay, no boss breathing down your neck
Cons
no structure, not much management or training, the way they figure out your pay
This was a contract 1099 job, I could chose the hours I wanted to work. I got paid $0.19 a minute for every minute I was on the phone with a customer. Sometimes I wouldn't get calls the whole day, and other days I would make $1.00 to $5.00.
you do lots of waiting for calls, can wait several hours with no calla, and no calls mean no money
Pros
work from home
Cons
16 cents per minute only for calls you work
Neat opportunity, although pay was low I had fun. It was an eye opener.
Bad company to work for. They give you, the American horrible conditions while they let the ppl in PR bend the rules
Cons
Just started and ended my first day at USA Contact...no calls....bad connections...no support.

There are too many cons than pros with this company.

CONS:

Dropped calls every 1 second

Un-user friendly platform for agents to update their work schedules

Tech support/Support agents not there 24/7

Pay per minute structure is skewed

You sit there waiting on calls for hours and when you do get one, it drops!

PROS:

Work from home

Set your own hours

Helping customers
Pros
Work from home, away from the rat race!
Cons
Dropped calls, bad connections...jacked up pay per min structure
The hardiest part of my job is losing a customer and my pay is based upon it. I don't like it when agents give their frustrations out on the forum for others to hear instead of just quiting or speaking to a administrator about their problem. I learned not to work for just anybody.
Pros
Work your own schedule and get paid weekly
Cons
Always having tech issues, Call drop, Pay structure is not great, Help is not accessible 24/7
The management is not very good. They don't respond to your questions within a reasonable time frame. It usually takes them 4-5 days to get back to you. You sit for hours sometimes without a single call. NO calls, NO money.....
Great coworkers and management. Lots of encourgement and support via Skype.
Pros
Good pay, Bonuses, and although working from home, never felt alone
Cons
Didn't last lomg enough/pilot project
Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Contact Point. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6