USA Properties Fund Employee Reviews

Easy come easy go
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2019
People come and go so if your looking for something temporary, go for it. There were too many chick clicks! Lots of back stabbing and gossiping that took place even at the corporate level.
Pros
Health insurance, 401 K
Cons
Everyone is fake and if you dont play their game you are fired.
This is a diminishing work culture
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 12, 2018
The Regional Managers are tough to lead with fear and competition with other employees. They do not work as a team. Their concept of being a leader is bottom line numbers, not encouraging and enhance the team that makes the company survive to have creative input and be innovative. So you see a high turn over rate with employees.
Pros
Cons
They have no Leadership skills
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience as a USA employee. We appreciate your feedback, and will apply it as we make changes to strengthen our team.

Upper Management is Terrible
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 30, 2018
They keep adding more and more things to our already over full plates to do. None of the communities are run the same. Depends on who your Regional is. They are paying new staff more than current staff.
Cons
Low pay, bad hours, new company culture
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We would love to talk to you more about your experience. If you’re willing, please reach out to your HR Representative.

Very Poor Management
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaJuly 26, 2018
Unfortunately, the company hires bad Community Managers which subsequently has a direct result on all staff and resident's. Regionals do not appear to be on top of their portfolio, with a severe lack of knowing what goes on at the community. Community Manager's do not always follow policies or procedures, and there is a serious lack of consistency on how things are done from one manager to another. The company strives for great workplace culture, but are not measuring up to it by hiring sub standard employees.
Benefits
Cons
Hiring poor management
September 18, 2018

We appreciate your feedback, and your recognition that we strive to have a great workplace for all of our team members. We’ll take your feedback into account, and sincerely thank you for sharing it.

Your coworkers are always willing to instuct and assist you. Good team spirit.
ASSISTANT MANAGER / PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 7, 2018
I started with no property experience and worked for them for almost 12 years. The company is good at training and grooming their new employees to their specific standards, and there is room for growth.
Pros
Good at traiing new employees to their specific standards and there is room for growth
Cons
Can't think of any
i have enjoyed doing apartment maintenance for over 20 years.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAApril 14, 2018
Its a Very busy occupation, always an apartment turn over, paint, replace or repair, team work is what i enjoy most. Upper management is respected, and respect you in return. In the apartment complex, cultures are varied, hardest part, is learning peoples cultures, and respecting their wants, and expectation. i
am an easy going, friendly person,slow to judge or anger and i enjoy interacting with fellow employees, and knowing,as a team our customer's needs. I have enjoyed the freedom to do my job, with very little overview of upper management,i am appreciated and respected as a hard working employee and have advanced from maintenance Technician to supervisor in less than a year.
Pros
company BBqs, bonuses, and praise
Cons
Expectations are sometimes high, and employee ratio can be challenging.
If you enjoy being cold, deceitful and a backstabber this company is for you, if not RUN!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaMarch 31, 2018
Enjoyed working w/Seniors not the Regional!Enjoyed Tax Credit work! Inspections, bills,reports etc.stayed busy,loved it! Unfortunately awful culture.
Pros
I did meet good people but they have all left now too!
Cons
Always watching your back, working long hours, low pay
USA Properties Fund, Inc. is a top rated company.
Property Management Group Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA 95661March 26, 2018
The people who work here have an average of 15 years with the company. The hired staff are high quality and strong members of a whole team. A great place to be recruited too.
September 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing this feedback, we sincerely appreciate it!

Company going thru changes
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 26, 2018
The company is going thru management changes, with many of the key shareholders retiring. New direction is an unknown as communication is not a strong suit, leaving a lot of speculation and rumors about forthcoming changes.
Pros
Well established company
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
September 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with USA. We’ve been working on our communication strategy, and have recently launched a new intranet page to help us share information more easily across the company. It’s our goal that this new tool will lead to a better experience for our team members.

Good
Creekside Village Senior Apartments, Sacramento (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 22, 2018
For the most part USA is a good company to work for. They are making changes within the company and are listening to the employees. Most of the managers are supportive.
Beautiful communities
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  CarmichaleJanuary 16, 2018
This company's curb appeal is above the rest. The community's are beautiful and well maintained. Management is very professional. The portfolio of the Prop fund crew is admirable and they are hard workers. Overall this is a fun place to work with a lot of opportunity for growth.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Strict
Stressful Working Environment
Community Manager for Affordable Tax Credit (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 5, 2018
Very stressful work environment. Unfair favoritism and treatment by upper management within individual property staff. Not trained properly for duties that are expected to be performed. HR department doesn't support employee concerns about upper management, instead they take sides of the upper management.
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits
Cons
Poor support by Upper Management and HR department
Stressful and fast paced
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CANovember 1, 2017
The position could be very rewarding if you could just please everybody. The first manager I had was a nice enough supervisor that didn't teach me anything. The second manager had assumed the first taught me things I needed to to know and she didn't.
Pros
Short Commute
Cons
Nothing was good enough
A fair company to work for
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Vintage Pointe, Oceanside CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2017
I worked part-time for this company, I enjoyed working for most of the managers, had a great rapport with the residents and employees. I also did a lot of volunteer work for the company (ie: decorated bulletin boards and fire places each month, help arrange entertainment for the residents)
Pros
a good place to work
Productive and fulfilling
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 1, 2017
Productive and fulfilling but sometimes not productive and fulfilling. The company went from small operation to a full blast corporate operation. I did enjoy every bit of it.
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Sometimes not a Good Job
Customer service oriented company, caring for seniors & needy families.
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 18, 2017
Schedule always filled with busy customer service tasks and continuous work preparing move-in and recertification files for compliance approvals, amid all other management duties.
Learning Tax Credit compliance updates is great, yet the contact with the residents is the best part of the day.
Enjoyed working for the same company for 10 years
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 25, 2017
There was never a typical day at work. The office was busy the majority of the time. Working with applicants, residents & vendors on a day to day basis. The community has close to 300 apartments.
The management company was the best I have ever worked for in the past 30 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was the team that I worked with for 10 years.
Highly Stressful and Non Rewarding
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 25, 2017
USA pays great, but you will have to sacrifice some of your mentality and set aside pride in your work for them. As a company that sets high standards for complying with state rules, they shorthand and often abandon their employees because of their poor standards for higher management, lack of guidance and teamwork. This company experiences high turnovers because of this.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Please see review
Depressing ,behind the door kinda company
Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 14, 2017
morbid unstable management the co workers had no respect for tenants it was a senior complex that is where there last home would be
Pros
lived on sight discount on rent
Cons
finding deceased tenants
Management varies from property to property so it is difficult to understand company policies.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Employees get treated differently depending on who the supervisor is. A difficult company to work for and also difficult for residents residing at their property. Residents are treated differently as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Properties Fund. Our community is ready to answer.