USA Truck
55Below average

USA Truck Employee Reviews

United States396 reviews
Waiting on trainer at hotel. They have provided hotel and cash advance. Everyone has been helpful so far. Looking forward to learn and start earning good money.
July 9, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Glad to have you with us!
If you get caught on east coast there are probably no chance of making maximum money because of traffic mostly but if you roll up on east coast for two days then get a long haul out for the rest of the week you should be able to make a decent pay check
Pros
Good pay Great Staff
Cons
Don't get caught up on the northern east coast
July 9, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!
I feel very supported in all that I do.
I give them more than they expect and they work with me to make my job better !

I have never had an issue with pay or feeling unsupported.
Pros
Good pay, frequent home time
Cons
Trailer defects found frequently
June 30, 2020
Thank you so much for leaving us such a stellar review! We are so proud to have you as part of the USAT family.
Company isn’t bad just wish I could come home more often. They give you some good miles to run, they keep your truck well maintained. The facilities are clean.
June 30, 2020
Thanks for the kind words! It's a pleasure to have you on Team USAT!
Electrical issues with a 2019 tractor and I wasn't allowed to take it to the dealer to be fixed. When I was on home time it stayed at the yard and never went to the dealer.
June 30, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team has made a renewed pledge to driver satisfaction and we sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I'm very happy here,and my DM is great at communicating,and getting me home.Pay is good,and they are very safety oriented.I would highly recommend them.
June 12, 2020
Thanks for the five-star review! We're so happy to have you on the USA Truck team.
I’ve been a driver with USA TRUCK. I have prior 7 years experience (more in military/ current serving in the US ARMY). I found out while reviewing my paystubs that I wasn’t being payed correctly and nobody had explained to me. Long story short, I rendered my resignation and was asked if I could run a few loads thereafter until I get to the terminal which I agreed to. Got to the terminal then my dm called and told me the best they could get me was a bus ticket home so literally, I was just being tricked to get truck to the terminal ( which I was going to do anyway because I treat any truck that I’ve ever driven with respect, in any company I’ve ever worked for).

Anyway, just like the saying goes, “every dog has it’s day, I guess it was mine...” . Hope someday you learn to treat drivers with respect. Thanks.

safety and maximizing miles was my priority and I did until I found that I wasn’t getting paid correctly. I did inquire with my driver manager, he later agreed to pay me but i had by then rendered in my resignation.

Long story short, company explained that it was kind of tricky getting a rental car where I was and asked if I could run u few loads until I got to the terminal where they would get me a rental car because I had accumulated a lot of stuff ie fridge and microwave, not to mention the rest. I got to the terminal, detail cleaned the truck in and out and when I was ready to leave, my driver manager called and told me the best they could get me was a bus ticket home so literally, I was just being tricked to get truck to the terminal ( which I was going to do
 - more...
June 12, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com.
Hi sir what's your truck number, need I say more, they don't care about you, your home time or the sacrifice of leaving your family at home to be run all over like a slave for peanuts and treated like you are less of a person than they are most of the time you can't describe this place without the word cluster because none of the information you get from them is correct
June 10, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Driver satisfaction is our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to make this right. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.
Bottom of the barrel company, Do not waste your time at this place, If you do you will regret it. Pick up a load in Houston Tx and delivered in Houston Tx, took all night to unload USA Truck paid me 37 cents, their response was I did not drive over certain miles, never did get paid for my time, got there around 6:30 pm finished at 4;30 am, Again bottom of the barrel trucking company.
June 10, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. The satisfaction of our drivers is always our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience with us. While we do not discuss individual situations via public means, we would be happy to speak with you directly at any time. Feel free to contact us at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.
Many a day I was expected to log in on time and log out on their time. ie if I were to go home at 1600, I could not until someone else checked my work. this make since in some situations, but they are trusting me to watch over and guide 40 Drivers, why am I not trusted to go home when I feel my work is complete. and why do I have to wait until the end of the day to get that feedback, why are they not checking in with me during the entire day? I went through several supervisors in the months I was there. I also observed others getting treated with better trust and respect and lower expectations, than myself; I could see this when I would work in their stead on weekends and days they took off. I really do not want to return, and looked for a new job every night that I could.
May 27, 2020
Great company. Was still small during my time there. Decent facilities for shops. Management was always helpful and encouraging. Hourly pay was ok but there was usually an option to work Overtime
Pros
Awesome management and coworkers
May 22, 2020
Thank. you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.
Loved the company and the people... they are just in a tough spot currently. Hopefully when the economy bounces back so will USA Truck.
............,
May 22, 2020
It very hard to find dispatch DMs and good management at same time in one company its my first ever job in this industry that happened, im extreamly happy after 7 mo hear and thankful for finding my way to such a great team, theres always someone we dont appreciate but all said, im thankful and happy to drive for this company and dispatchers day night and weekends, make it easy. Thank you all
May 8, 2020
We thank you so much for your sincere, heartfelt review! Hearing about your experiences working with us makes us smile. We are so proud to have you on our team and hope you'll stick with us for years to come!
They treated me like family, I would still be there but i absolutely refuse to drive with a driver facing camera staring at me. Its not that im a unsafe driver or i do anything to worry about behind the wheel. I find driver facing cameras to be disrespectful. James Reed CEO is a great guy and will always give people a ear I wish them the best. *get rid of the driver facing camera and ill be back*
May 6, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We will share your comments with the team.
The culture is changing to improve employee experience.
They value their employees and when possible promote from within.

They have added training that is beneficial to all employees success.
Pros
supportive leadership
Cons
salaries in some departments not up to par
April 28, 2020
Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with us and the community.
Management does nothing but pass the blame. The culture is horrible. They don't treat their drivers with respect. They aren't meeting the numbers they want to, so of course, it's the "lower level" employees' fault. With all the COVID-19 stuff, they sent out an e-mail saying if you were diagnosed with the illness, you have to use your remaining PTO and then after that, you go unpaid. What a joke. They did nothing but make people feel guilty for working from home. Real motivating. They will be lucky to be in business for another few months. There are a few upper-management employees that genuinely care and try, but they are sadly overshadowed.
April 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear you have not been satisfied with your time at USAT. Feel free to contact us directly if you'd like to discuss your experience further. Please call 800-684-5832 or text 479-471-6623.
They did not have me ready to move to the next load on time, that caused me to set in my truck without pay. Not home on time as promised. Good benefits.
April 21, 2020
Thank you for leaving us your feedback! We are sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.
Unless your an owner op I’d say keep looking for other companies. Been quite a while since I’ve driven for them, but my experience as a company driver was awful. The sign on bonus, blinded my better judgement
April 8, 2020
Its like every trucking job they Send you loads you wait around and if your lucky you will get a good one every so often. Trucks are good trailers are out dated
April 2, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Please reach out to us if there's any way we can improve upon the driver experience.
I had a bad experience with USA truck dispatch was useless that will try to have you run illegally with equipment that was dangerous and if you say something to safety you will be fired
April 28, 2020
The management team offers no support. They threaten instead of encourage. Was required to work weekends without compensation. There is now communication about policies or expectations. Supervisors are are not experienced in the position they are supervising.
Pros
Cons
Bad supervisors, terrible work environment
April 28, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear your had a frustrating experience. Please reach out to us if you'd like to discuss this further. Call us at 800-684-5832 or text 479-471-6623
Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Truck. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight