USA Truck Employee Reviews

Fast paced, slightly stressful
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Forrest Park, GANovember 26, 2018
The trucking business may seem cookie cutter and across the board the same...its not. This company has high expectations on you, as they should. It was fulfilling.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Some unexpected long hours
November 28, 2018

We are so glad you took the time to leave us your review! We are happy to hear that your time with USA Truck was fulfilling while you were working for us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Not a bad comapny to work for if you are a beginner .
I was a CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 24, 2018
USA TRUCK
is a good company to work for when you are a new driver. they help you out and they run you right so you can get some good experience there. for the most part the office staff are friendly and respectful and they keep you running the only problem is that you never get home on time so they will try to keep yoou out on the road for ever if you don't put your foot down . so keep that in mind cause they will cost you your marriage if you allow them to . but over all there are a lot worst.
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
not enough pay
Fun place to work.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I was on Staples dedicated account. Driver manger and operation manager was great to work with and was great about helping if u had a issue.
November 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review! We are glad you enjoyed working with us and wish you the best.

Decent place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 21, 2018
Decent place to work. Driver managers needed a little work but they tried. Home time was decent. Fairly large company. Good orientation. Good location
November 26, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review! Thank you for your feedback.

Good Company
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time there but had to quit due to family circumstances. They were very willing to work with me but the distance to my family was farther than I could travel.
November 12, 2018

Thanks for leaving your review! We regret that you had to leave, but it is our sincere hope that things have improved with your family circumstances.

it's a starter company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 5, 2018
if you're looking for a place like swift and you're fresh out of school, it's a great place to learn how to get shafted driving freight for next to nothing
November 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our renewed pledge to driver satisfaction is the motivation behind everything we do, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623

Overall a great place work
Dry Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 27, 2018
USA Truck impacted my career growth exponentially. I learned to work more independently without much supervision.The culture was friendly and supportive.
October 30, 2018

Thanks so much for this wonderful feedback! We are happy to hear how much USA Truck has helped your professional growth.

Good Place To Work
Payment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 11, 2018
I really enjoy working in the collections department at USA. The job is stressful at times, but you stay busy which I enjoy.

The job is fast paced, but we have a good time supporting each other, doing pot lucks, and participating in work events.

The management in the department is supportive and encouraging, they understanding of your needs and flexible when it comes to home issues and needing to miss work.

I really recommend this job for anyone who is looking to advance their future, but requires flexibility.
Pros
hours, flexibility, management
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Had to leave little mile
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 1, 2018
Had to stay out for over 30days at a time and had to layover most weekend and did not get paid . The cpm were low and with the low miles per week just did not make for good money
Pros
Ok money, Paid on time
Cons
Low pay, Low miles
October 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team has made a renewed pledge to driver satisfaction and we sincerely regret that you were not satisfied with your experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

Good people, poor structure
Account Manager-Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 25, 2018
There are some very good dedicated people at USA Truck, however they must do more to weed out the various mid-management Napoleons running around. Upper management has changed so many times that I have lost count, hopefully there can finally be some stability with upper management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too much change with management and philosophy, Too many opportunities for middle managers to run a foul of the mission and even common sense, these Napoleons must be removed.
October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

USA Truck
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 18, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to attend school and enhance my craft. This job taught me several skill that I use today on the job. Very positive.
October 11, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

difficult work area
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 6, 2018
The structure of the job was good, half a day collections and half billing. The management was difficult and not understanding. I never took off and was never late. Won an Employee Recognition award the month before my Mom got sick. I was called at work to say my Mom was dying and could I get to Tulsa. I told my Supervisor and she said to just let her know. I didn't get five miles down the road when the Manager of the department had her call me and tell me if I wasn't at work the next day I was fired. I told them to do what they felt they had to, but I wasn't leaving my Mom. That was on a Friday and she died Sunday night. They didn't fire me.
Pros
not a lot of pros to this job except it was close to home
Cons
very difficult demanding
I love to drive and I got to do a lot of that.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren ARAugust 29, 2018
They had a pretty good safety program and decent benefits. Most of the other drivers in the company good people and helped me understand the job.
I didn’t like being home only 4 days a month.
Pros
Loved driving the big trucks
Cons
Didn’t like being home 4 days a month
It's a good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 28, 2018
They are a very friendly company with very friendly people working at the company. They don't give big raises . They don't pay onwner operators that much.
Pros
Very freindly people.
Cons
They don't pay that much.
Poor management they don’t care about drivers or getting you miles and they lie just to get you in the door then everything changes
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 27, 2018
Save your self it’s much better options when it coming to Trucking they care nothing about a driver when they make a mistake or tell a lie it’s your fault they don’t look at your HOS they give you time sensitive loading knowing you can’t make it on time then blame you for it trust me it’s much much better companies in the trucking industry don’t be fooled by a lying recruiting once you get in orientation and you realize your recruiter lied about this and that they will no longer answer the phone or respond to email but by all means give em a shot if you just wanna drive and don’t care about you intergerty
Pros
Other truckers are nice people
Terrible employer
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 3, 2018
This company is terrible it's been seven years since I worked for USA in that time you'd like to think your opinion of a place would change, but mine has not nothing professional about this group.
A typical day at work.
Driver, Trainer, Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 26, 2018
New plans implemented daily, old plans cancelled daily. Turnover rate, throughout company, was extensive. Managing drivers, that had no experience, and upper management refused to allow for sufficient training plans to be updated, and instilled.
Average
Company Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 25, 2018
Average Company but unless you're Astrid to try o/o come here... They have a lease purchase program but I'd say try outside first if you can... But if not come on over.
Cons
Overall the company is an ok place to work
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 19, 2018
There isn't a lot of room for advancement but the staff are all friendly and willing to do what is required to get the job done. All in all, for the area, a good place of employment. Has had a lot of bad times but seems to be coming out of some of them.
May not pay what you're worth
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 7, 2018
Like any other trucking company that doesn't want to pay you for your experience or that doesn't want to get you home when hometime is due. "This is the last load then you can go home." Same line. Same story.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Truck. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight