USA Truck Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Place To Work
Payment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 11, 2018
I really enjoy working in the collections department at USA. The job is stressful at times, but you stay busy which I enjoy.

The job is fast paced, but we have a good time supporting each other, doing pot lucks, and participating in work events.

The management in the department is supportive and encouraging, they understanding of your needs and flexible when it comes to home issues and needing to miss work.

I really recommend this job for anyone who is looking to advance their future, but requires flexibility.
Pros
hours, flexibility, management
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Good people, poor structure
Account Manager-Brokerage (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 25, 2018
There are some very good dedicated people at USA Truck, however they must do more to weed out the various mid-management Napoleons running around. Upper management has changed so many times that I have lost count, hopefully there can finally be some stability with upper management.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Too much change with management and philosophy, Too many opportunities for middle managers to run a foul of the mission and even common sense, these Napoleons must be removed.
October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

USA Truck
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 18, 2018
This job gave me the opportunity to attend school and enhance my craft. This job taught me several skill that I use today on the job. Very positive.
October 11, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

difficult work area
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARSeptember 6, 2018
The structure of the job was good, half a day collections and half billing. The management was difficult and not understanding. I never took off and was never late. Won an Employee Recognition award the month before my Mom got sick. I was called at work to say my Mom was dying and could I get to Tulsa. I told my Supervisor and she said to just let her know. I didn't get five miles down the road when the Manager of the department had her call me and tell me if I wasn't at work the next day I was fired. I told them to do what they felt they had to, but I wasn't leaving my Mom. That was on a Friday and she died Sunday night. They didn't fire me.
Pros
not a lot of pros to this job except it was close to home
Cons
very difficult demanding
I love to drive and I got to do a lot of that.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren ARAugust 29, 2018
They had a pretty good safety program and decent benefits. Most of the other drivers in the company good people and helped me understand the job.
I didn’t like being home only 4 days a month.
Pros
Loved driving the big trucks
Cons
Didn’t like being home 4 days a month
It's a good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 28, 2018
They are a very friendly company with very friendly people working at the company. They don't give big raises . They don't pay onwner operators that much.
Pros
Very freindly people.
Cons
They don't pay that much.
Poor management they don’t care about drivers or getting you miles and they lie just to get you in the door then everything changes
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 27, 2018
Save your self it’s much better options when it coming to Trucking they care nothing about a driver when they make a mistake or tell a lie it’s your fault they don’t look at your HOS they give you time sensitive loading knowing you can’t make it on time then blame you for it trust me it’s much much better companies in the trucking industry don’t be fooled by a lying recruiting once you get in orientation and you realize your recruiter lied about this and that they will no longer answer the phone or respond to email but by all means give em a shot if you just wanna drive and don’t care about you intergerty
Pros
Other truckers are nice people
Terrible employer
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 3, 2018
This company is terrible it's been seven years since I worked for USA in that time you'd like to think your opinion of a place would change, but mine has not nothing professional about this group.
A typical day at work.
Driver, Trainer, Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJuly 26, 2018
New plans implemented daily, old plans cancelled daily. Turnover rate, throughout company, was extensive. Managing drivers, that had no experience, and upper management refused to allow for sufficient training plans to be updated, and instilled.
Average
Company Driver/Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 25, 2018
Average Company but unless you're Astrid to try o/o come here... They have a lease purchase program but I'd say try outside first if you can... But if not come on over.
Cons

Want to know more about USA Truck?

Ask a question
Overall the company is an ok place to work
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 19, 2018
There isn't a lot of room for advancement but the staff are all friendly and willing to do what is required to get the job done. All in all, for the area, a good place of employment. Has had a lot of bad times but seems to be coming out of some of them.
May not pay what you're worth
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 7, 2018
Like any other trucking company that doesn't want to pay you for your experience or that doesn't want to get you home when hometime is due. "This is the last load then you can go home." Same line. Same story.
Good workplace, tidy ,clean showers
Class A Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 2, 2018
Truck engine lights came on ,and regin, (exaust) warning lights came on ,Quailcom dispatcher, had truck in the shop several times, I was not compensated, .The more money a company can save ,the better, however, when the driver isn't took care of ,time to request a different dispatcher. Safe ,good drivers are rare, they reduce insurance costs, but this company is fast to place things on the DAC report to hinder the driver from getting a better job
Pros
At times they would purchase mesls if you were around the site
Cons
They give the best paying loads to senior drivers, that cuts out the newer people
Exclent companey
Driver/Operator owner (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 9, 2018
I would love to get another truck and go back it was one of the best or companies out. There the dispatchs was easy to work with and would do what ever thay could do to help you
Pros
Staff
Cons
good company to work for
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Van, ARMay 2, 2018
i would recommend this company to anyne who wants to drive they are fair in their miles you can make the money if you want to run and be out for an extended period but if you wanted to be home weekly it is hard top plan a driver in and out of home all the time
Terrible
Payment Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 27, 2018
Management has no idea what's going on. People put into leadership positions that don't belong. Culture is terrible. It's every man for himself. Overall low morale for the low totem pole folks.
Paid travel
Class A commercial motor vehicle operator (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 24, 2018
Being an over the road long haul truck driver is a very lonely job.
the electronic logs make the job stressful when rolling up on your Cinderella time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
never home
Challenging work, with decent pay
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 17, 2018
Challenging work, sometimes the hours were long, especially around the holidays, pay was good for the location. Met a lot of great people with lasting relationships. Mid level management was not the greatest at the time.
Pros
Good people to work with, good pay, good benefits
Cons
Poor mid level management, can be overly stressful
good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARApril 9, 2018
good learned how to driver a semi truck to Texas. learn how to driver on the highway work place culture was very good when I went to get my truck fix on it was no problem
Pros
stay working
Cons
all way out of town
Accounts Payable
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMarch 26, 2018
Batching and input daily invoices. Filling. Loved working for my Supervisor. I enjoyed working with all the other co-workings at USA Truck. Very flexible work place
Pros
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Truck. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight