USA Truck Employee Reviews

Racism is a problem
Entry Level (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 23, 2019
The management at USA Truck is racist and do not treat all their employees fairly or equally. I was forced to give up on the notion that I could be working with USA Truck longterm. It was both disappointing and devastating to find out my employer evaluated me based on my ethnic background and not by my ability to perform.
Cons
Prejudice, Racism
Training to say the least is lacking
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AR 72956February 21, 2019
The company was horrible all the way around. Management was rude and never willing to help. If you dont fit into their "clicks" you will be outed. The training I received was bare minimum and thrown to the wolves so to say. I was wrote up for things that were never explained to me, and the company is constantly going through changes.
Cons
It is fun somtimes but it gets hectic but u deal.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 16, 2019
Overall ok it is great place to work that dispatch team are really good and I would recommend this job to any body who want to be a truck driver. They send you to school and train you
Pros
Great place to work for
Cons
Pay scale litte low for where i am
February 22, 2019

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Awesome place to work especially when trying to get your foot in the door
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to work they care about there employees. Awesome place to start if you are trying to get your foot in the door. They will pay for your schooling to get your CDL.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Job can be stressful at times
February 8, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this wonderful review! Thanks so much for your kind words!

very rude to their employees
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARFebruary 5, 2019
not enough miles and not enough home time I would be out for 10 weeks at a time and I would ask for 4 days off with the family and they would tell me no only 2 days home time so by the time I would get there to home I only had 24 hours with my family then they would tell me I had to get back on the road again and they would take their time getting me home to my family I would ask to be home on a Friday and return back on Sunday I would always be home Saturday morning then back to work on sunday
February 8, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Driver satisfaction is our top priority, so we regret that you had a negative experience. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to make this right. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

Terrible Company and Management
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 31, 2019
Very unprofessional environment. If you are not from Van Buren or Greenwood, then you are not included in any of the groups. Management is very rude and they do not hold their end up on anything they promise their employees. They treat their employees like they are objects and do not care about them at all! This is why the turnover rate for them is so high.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
February 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly regret that you were not satisfied with your experience and would like to speak with you to understand how we could have improved your time with us. If you are comfortable doing so, please contact us directly at info@usa-truck.com.

Great momentum, great opportunities
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 30, 2019
After several management changes in a short number of years, the current team is strong. Very strong. Numerous initiatives to strengthen employee value, including a new on site state of the art gym, career growth plan, technology upgrades, and unprecedented growth have led to a team environment and high morale. Coworkers that once seemed miserable are now enjoying their time at work.
The workload is high, but very fun and competitive. We are mentored to reach goals we never thought we could and help our newer people do the same. We’re not treated like robots, but like we’re appreciated and cared for.
I’ve never been happier at this company than I am now.
Pros
Team atmosphere, career growth opportunities, great pay.
Cons
High expectations, sometimes stressful
February 1, 2019

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave this outstanding review! We think the highest praise is to hear that you've never been happier working for us than you are now. Thanks for sharing all that you have! We are so grateful to have you as part of our team.

The truck is rigged w cameras and they listen.
Driver (Current Employee) –  ArkansasJanuary 23, 2019
Idle shutdown after 4 minutes . while they are home at nite warm i freeze in a truck that wont idle is sadistic. In my opinion this is the worst company you could imagine. They are playing games ive been filling out apps not going to say anything good is my impression.
Pros
They do get me home when i ask
Cons
Rigged truck they really dont want you to idle
January 24, 2019

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. The safety and wellbeing of our drivers is of utmost importance to us and we’d really like the opportunity to ease your concerns. Please contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

na
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 21, 2019
general maintenance and grounds keeper
the hours were good Monday thru Friday day shift
the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting some of the people there
January 23, 2019

We appreciate you taking a moment to leave us your review! Your feedback is important to us. Please reach out to us if there's anyway we could have improved your experience. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

Worst job of my life.
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJanuary 4, 2019
The company doesn't care about their drivers, and will push them to driver when they shouldn't and be unsafe. I wouldn't want someone i hated working for this company.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our renewed pledge to driver satisfaction is the motivation behind everything we do, so we regret that you had a negative experience. We would be happy to discuss your specific situation offline. Feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

Want to know more about USA Truck?

Ask a question
Its ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARDecember 28, 2018
I drove 80 hrs in an 8 day period for 4 weeks at a time . I traveled all over the United States, for a living . I'm hoping to continue this career for many years to come
January 2, 2019

Thanks for taking time out to leave us your review! If you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail, feel free to contact us directly at DriverRelations@usa-truck.com, call 800-684-5832, or text 479-471-6623.

McDonald's of trucking companies --allot of trucks, but low quality
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILDecember 27, 2018
I would not recommend working there. Poor management. Typical trucking company that views it's employees as expense rather than an asset. It's going to cost them. You'll see them shutting there doors in the coming years.... that's inevitable.

My advise ..... don't bully your employees into signing non -compete agreements after they have already started working at the company.

Completely unethical.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear you had such a poor experience working here and what you describe does not match our values. If you would like to reach out and discuss things further, please reach out at info@usa-truck.com.

Fast paced, slightly stressful
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Forrest Park, GANovember 26, 2018
The trucking business may seem cookie cutter and across the board the same...its not. This company has high expectations on you, as they should. It was fulfilling.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Some unexpected long hours
November 28, 2018

We are so glad you took the time to leave us your review! We are happy to hear that your time with USA Truck was fulfilling while you were working for us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Not a bad comapny to work for if you are a beginner .
I was a CDL Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 24, 2018
USA TRUCK
is a good company to work for when you are a new driver. they help you out and they run you right so you can get some good experience there. for the most part the office staff are friendly and respectful and they keep you running the only problem is that you never get home on time so they will try to keep yoou out on the road for ever if you don't put your foot down . so keep that in mind cause they will cost you your marriage if you allow them to . but over all there are a lot worst.
Pros
a lot of work
Cons
not enough pay
January 2, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Our renewed pledge to driver satisfaction is the motivation behind everything we do, and getting drivers home is an important part of that promise. We are passionate about making USA Truck a great place for new and experienced drivers alike, so comments like yours are essential to building a better culture and identifying improvements for the future.

Fun place to work.
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 23, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I was on Staples dedicated account. Driver manger and operation manager was great to work with and was great about helping if u had a issue.
November 26, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review! We are glad you enjoyed working with us and wish you the best.

Decent place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 21, 2018
Decent place to work. Driver managers needed a little work but they tried. Home time was decent. Fairly large company. Good orientation. Good location
November 26, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review! Thank you for your feedback.

Good Company
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time there but had to quit due to family circumstances. They were very willing to work with me but the distance to my family was farther than I could travel.
November 12, 2018

Thanks for leaving your review! We regret that you had to leave, but it is our sincere hope that things have improved with your family circumstances.

it's a starter company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARNovember 5, 2018
if you're looking for a place like swift and you're fresh out of school, it's a great place to learn how to get shafted driving freight for next to nothing
November 8, 2018

Overall a great place work
Dry Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 27, 2018
USA Truck impacted my career growth exponentially. I learned to work more independently without much supervision.The culture was friendly and supportive.
October 30, 2018

Thanks so much for this wonderful feedback! We are happy to hear how much USA Truck has helped your professional growth.

Good Place To Work
Payment Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, AROctober 11, 2018
I really enjoy working in the collections department at USA. The job is stressful at times, but you stay busy which I enjoy.

The job is fast paced, but we have a good time supporting each other, doing pot lucks, and participating in work events.

The management in the department is supportive and encouraging, they understanding of your needs and flexible when it comes to home issues and needing to miss work.

I really recommend this job for anyone who is looking to advance their future, but requires flexibility.
Pros
hours, flexibility, management
October 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at USA Truck. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight