UA Brands Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
It was an interesting job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 23, 2018
Very busy, fast paced job.
Great learning experience
A stepping stone and adventure
Interesting people to work with
Very urban environment.
Multicultural experience.
Pros
Job experiece
Cons
Hectic
Fun place to work, job stability for sure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 17, 2018
Overall my time spent with UA was great however the favoritism within the department was the breaking point for me. The management had no idea what they were doing and would create ground rules as they went along. It's unfair to put an employee on the frontline to work with principles and then change those principles on them only to use them against the employee when it's time to get a raise. I'm happy I left.
Pros
Pto, flexible hours, fun job, company outings, competitive salary
Cons
Horrible management, favoritism within upper management to Hispanic employees
It’s a joke
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 13, 2018
There is so much I could say with not enough characters. This company is a joke. Counting customer surveys as a way to fire you. Expect you to work more than hours agreed to and get underpaid to do it. You’re expected to be perfect. If you’re not perfect. You are a reason of bringing the company down. They rather fire employees than realize no one is perfect. They count surveys that have your name, but complaint had nothing said about you, but someone else against you. And expect “action plans” as to how you’ll improve. They expect you to not have a life. You can’t make plans because you’ll have to cancel and end up working anyways. Manager barely ever showed up on time and when she did she would disappear into the back and leave you to do all the work. Everything is your fault. You’re not protected as an employee let alone they don’t care. Customers treat you like dogs and disrespect and talk Down to you. God forbid you stand up for yourself because there goes your job. Definitely don’t get paid enough for all the work you do or the appreciation or the time put in.
Cons
Great People, Great Team, Great Company!
Director of Retail Operations (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2018
I work at the UA corporate office located in beautiful downtown Ft. Lauderdale, FL but I began my career in the field as a Store Manager 15 years ago. I feel confident that I will stay with UA until I am ready to retire (or as long as I am needed). UA has allowed me to advance from entry level management to executive based on my performance and experience. I love the excitement and pace of working for UA; there are always new initiatives, new projects, new opportunities.

UA encourages self-management, creativity, a sense of ownership and a drive for continuous improvement. Employees at all levels and status are sought out for feedback and ideas, everyone's opinion matters. UA isn't perfect but we build on our successes and learn from our mistakes. Our number one priority in all areas of the company is providing outstanding customer service, both externally and internally. Employees at UA are appreciated as individuals, we know folks by first name, no one is just a number.

UA is also very much about growing the business, expanding our market and advancing the UA brand. Fostering the entrepreneurial spirit is actively promoted. The past for UA has been outstanding and the future looks very bright.
Pros
People-oriented, customer service focused
Cons
Not a good fit for folks who want to be micro managed
Boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 14, 2018
This job is extremely boring. Too much down time, always quiet and cold. Customers basically help themselves, every once in a while they will need your help but if they do not you are finding crazy stuff to do because its so boring and everything is already done. The computer systems are old and you have to click and copy and paste a million things just to complete a sale for a customer that is not in store.
Pros
Making money
Cons
Boring, pay sucks
A lot of restocking and laid back moments
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 8, 2018
The company in it of it self was very friendly and alot of placement for advancement. As I mentioned above, there is a lot of uniform styles and companies to memerzie as far as merchandise is concered.
Productive work place
Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMarch 23, 2018
UA was a productive work place with friendly staff that really worked well as a team. But the job can also be stressful because of the system. Computer system crashes a lot which makes it hard to serve and satisfy the customers.
productive and fun with a slight challenge
Area Sales and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAMarch 5, 2018
it is a corporation with a small business feel. opportunity for advancement and great work environment. I would recommend the store and the company itself.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJanuary 1, 2018
Work area was awesome and perfect for building relationships with customers in medical field. Corporate gives so many different options to make suggestions throughout company. Area management needs help though
Good place to work to expand your skills
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 12, 2017
Good work life balance, but unrealistic deadlines with lack of planning.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with people changing their minds after you already do the work because they didn't do their due diligence beforehand.
Pros
Ping pong table
10 hour shifts
Fulfillment Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GANovember 6, 2017
A typical day at UA consist of picking/packing. Every task is production based and they are also timed. You learn only if you're looking to learn, showing interest is definitely a must.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Management, balance of life
Relaxed place to work, but communication in company is awful
Retail Associate Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHNovember 3, 2017
Working at UA isn’t bad, the management at my location I like. The part I do not like is communication between corporate is awful. They are not helpful and enact policies that do not make sense.
With change this company would be better but I do not see that happening in the near future.
Pros
Laid back most of the time, most customers are friendly
Cons
Can be stuck working by yourself since staff is very small
Was a great Job Great people
Senior textile designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Was a great Job Great people designed prints for uniforms., Branding logos,Put items into PLM for production.
Did some traveling to trade shows and enjoyed the work I did their it was very suited to my talents and abilities.
Would have liked to have been given more freelance opportunities beforee they outsourced my job.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
job got sent to india for whatever reason
Productive Company
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 1, 2017
This company is great during your college years. The company provides sufficient hours, family environment,and most importantly, job security. The hardest part of the job will include constantly repeating your self to customer explaining sales/offers, system is out-dated, no-direct- links with other stores with customer information.
Pros
Family environment, Corporate not as involved as other company
Cons
Pay raises could be better
Good Company
Area Sales and Store Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 30, 2017
The owner of the company is great. Company is very focused on improvement and expanding brand. Everyone within company is supportive of one another. Good company to work for.
Great experience
Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2017
I had worked in beauty most of my life. It was very refreshing to work on something different. Lots of work, which I liked and challenging in a completely different way. Uniforms are glamorous in nature it requires more creativity to present it in an appealing way. It makes you a better designer. Everyone was extremely nice, and very, very talented. I
Pros
Nice people, lots of work, you learn a lot from others
Cons
None really that I can think of
Improving Comapany
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2017
All I can say is that this company is trying to improve overall and in time it will. I'm happy for the experience I gained while I was employed and would rather have not resigned.
It was a job that you participate in if your looking for extra money
Dedicated personnel (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 7, 2017
We learned how to set up game day tents and materials for UA game days the management was good as long as you do your job and the job enviroment was okay because i was surrounded by familiar people
great place to ork
Processor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
great place to work good people it's growth within the company they give out holiday present it's like family working there it was easy to get hired on
Production based operation
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAMarch 16, 2017
Your time is always accounted for. You have to clock in the computer for everything you did including going to the restroom and breaks. You learn on your own basis. The job overall is not difficult its just the people you have to deal with was the hardest part.