UAB Medicine
65Average

UAB Medicine Employee Reviews

United States431 reviews
Customer service
Be on time be ready for work to do more help when needed and complete shift. Know where you going get help if needed. Take breaks on time don't be late
I love my job.
I love it. Good hours. Great coworkers. Good benefits. I was trained well on site. My manager is excellent and kind. I recommend UAB. I had a Panel interview.
Great place
At first glance, they don't pay as well as some other companies but you have to look at the whole picture. Free tuition to employees, half off on spouse or dependent's tuition, several health insurance options with varying affordability, and many different parking options. Overall good place to work.
pay could be better
I love what UAB stand for and is very greatful for the opportunities they have blessed me with and the great people I have worked at a great

worked
Pros
own it
Cons
do right and always care
You're replaceable
Management doesn't help you when you need it ,but are quick to fire you if you sneeze and don't cover your face. I wouldn't recommend working here even if I had too.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Culture of Excellence
You are rewarded in your daily interactions with families by making a difference in their lives - by improving their healthcare, in both knowledge and quality.
Run
I worked here for 5 1/2 months and I knew that this wasn’t a place that I wanted to make a forever job! I believe UAB under pay and over work their employees. The manager in Avondale Pre-Reg Ins Verifications is HORRIBLE! She sends out nasty emails with every color on the color wheel BUT you never see her. When she isn’t working from home she comes in her office and close the door. We had a new employee to come on a Monday and the manager didnt introduce herself until Friday at 4:45.
Uab medicine
Great place to work. learned a lot. Coworkers are great. Learning something new every day. Everyone is always helpful and has a smile on their face.
Benefits
Good people good benefits but don’t treat the workers the best I enjoyed it while I was there just tone to move on and see what else is out there for me to do
Lack of advancement
Unless you are going the nursing route, It is hard to advance here. It's a buddy club here they hire friends or friends of friends. You have to go outside of UAB to advance your career. The tuition benefit is the best thing.
Very diverse organization
My manager in the Staffing Pool is one of the most flexible, intelligent, kind managers I have ever met. She is one of the reasons I have stayed at UAB while searching for a Nurse Practitioner position.
excellent facility in every way
well organized facility; good communication; clean facility; UAB expects excellence from employees; pays well for your years of experience; great benefits
Great
Working for this company is great! You get to meet new people even some who like to know you personally. Sometimes Getting to know the patients can be a little upsetting if something happened to them .
Great place to work!
I loved working here and remember my time fondly. I saw myself working here indefinitely, but my spouse was relocated for work. Most departments actually work as a team. They walk the walk
Longevity Worker But Change Should Happen
I have been with UAB as a whole for 7 years. I have changed positions a few times but to change positions takes FOREVER and it shouldn't be that way. Most of the time it's who you know that helps you get a position and I think that's terrible. It's so many job opportunities at UAB and that's the only reason why I am still here but there needs to be a program for advancement for employees that currently work here.
Pros
Various job opprtunities, great benefits
Cons
It takes forever to transfer to a new position
Scheduling
UAB works with people schedule if anything personal comes up for a current employee. And the environment is kept neat and tidy for visitors to stop by patient rooms, or the operation lounge rooms are kept in good conditions.
Great place for nurses to work.
UAB cares about their nurses and takes their thoughts into consideration. UAB is a great place to work for nurses to grow. Cares about their patients.
Patien Care Tech
A typical day is filled with monitoring patients, taking vital signs, and collecting blood. I've learned to handle and de-escalate situations with psychiatric patients.
Mismanagement
I still think very highly of UAB but there was definitely mismanagement in the department where I worked. The supervisor, manager and several employees all ended up leaving right around the same time that I did.
Excellent care given and many oppertunities available
Uab hospital is a great place to work. Gaining knowledge has no end. UAB believes in a team effort that unite the care that is given to patients. The endless areas that they specialize in is amazing. UAB is also a place of opportunities.
Dont pay enough money
Need to pay more money never enough help always short handed stressful need to give bigger raise and give bonuses without bonuses being taxed management needs to be better. They do have good benefits so that does help
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UAB Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.