UBC Employee Reviews

Management can make life unbearable
Nurse Clinician (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 31, 2018
I love my actual just job there but management makes it almost not worth it. If you aren’t a favorite you won’t advance. If you question things you are singled out. Very frustrating. Upper management doesn’t seem to know their own supervisors. Coworkers and job itself is amazing.
Pros
Salary, family time
Cons
Supervisors that lack skills on how to manage
It's who you know not what you do
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 20, 2018
It doesn't matter how hard you work at this place. What matters is how well you can brown nose senior management. Some employees are highly overworked, while others (that are pets of the executive director) can look at facebook, pinterest and netflix all day long without reprimand. If you are good at kissing butt and baking cakes to leave on his desk, it's a nice place to go hang out and do nothing. But if you are a hard worker with a strong work ethic, you will be rewarded by being assigned other people's unfinished work, while they get promoted for doing nothing.
Pros
they don't monitor computer use or punch in/out times
Cons
drama, gossip, favortism, unbalanced employee expectations
Never again
Bilingual Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 13, 2018
When I started working for the company it seemed great but as I settled in I noticed a high level of favoritism and the favorites never completed their jobs but would hand it off to someone else. If that individual could not get the task completed they were held responsible not the person who was assigned to the task originally. Most of those who never completed their task did so by talking about unnecessary and irrelevant things like fashion or going out to party. The ones who actually did their jobs were the ones getting punished.
Pros
nothing
Cons
favoritism
Very laid back environment
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2018
I really enjoy working here. I honestly feel like we get paid wonderfully considering this position does not require a anything higher than a high school diploma. They are very laid back and the work is easy to learn. However, our jobs are contracted so there is no guarantee that we will have a job here in a year's time.
Pros
Good work moral
Cons
Contracted postions
Fair place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLApril 2, 2018
The work environment can be a little challenging due to constant changes, but overall a good company. I have learned a lot while working there. I had an opportunity to assist training new hires as well.
I am a consultant looking for full time employment
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 17, 2018
I would stay with this company if asked and have been getting very great projects. They are a great group to work with and I appreciate not only the work ethic of them, but also the personal relationships.
This company is now closed
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJanuary 24, 2018
Since the company is no longer in business there really doesn't seem to be a reason to review it. The company was very busy but when the owner passed away the company went with him.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Long comute
Good people to work with
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  Zimmerman, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Attended monthly training and updates at corporate in Mankato once a month
Posted receipts to appropriate accounts.
Recorded all returns
Maintained Inventory
Monitored payments due from clients and promptly contacted clients with past due payments.
Balanced monthly general ledger accounts to accurately record cost and month end accruals.
Supervised invoice processing, purchase orders, credit memos and payment transactions
Pros
Good paid days off
Cons
Very fast paced
Fun, satisfying work place with great benefits
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2017
At the UBC I loved being an instructor because that was my way of giving back.The knowledge I gained at such a young age helped me pass that along to others learning the trade.
Slippery slope
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed the company the first 3 months then the turnover rate is high, the managers seem like they want to help but they leave it totally up to the call center to fix all the problems. The management is very laxed. When there are calls holding there are times when the lead and managers approve of multiple people not being on the phones leaving the majority of people with the calls, which increases poor quality due to no breaks in between calls.
Pros
Pto, benefits
Cons
Sedentary, everyone’s job is the same, grades on quality
Great company to work for. Laid back, friendly
UBC / Marketing Specialists (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 3, 2017
Lots of time traveling. Typically work day 8-5. Log lots of miles. Learned a lot about the broker business. Lots of extra money to be make. Spiff money on almost everything that was sold.
Worked at a time when you could sell pallets of product at store level.
Really learned how to make HHQ calls. Had a great boss who showed me the ropes.
Best part of my job was being rewarded for all the hard work. Money,Trips.
Pros
Trips.
Cons
Lots of time on the road.
Relaxed and friendly
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVOctober 2, 2017
Providing assistance to patient's, doctors offices, and working with pharmacies to ensure shipments are received with little to no interruption. Working with insurance companies to determine coverage.
I can not write a review
Senior Reimbursement Specialist (Amgen) (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 10, 2017
I can not write a review of this job/company due to not having any kind or good words to say. My department was just started and it all was based on a FDA approval that came months after the job had started.
RN Clinician Cross-Functional (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
This is an excellent place to work if you are ready to give up bedside nursing. You get a chance to help people with education. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Pleasant working enviornment
Program Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
UBC is a great place to work. Leadership develops employees and empowers them to grow professionally. The work environment is very inviting and team oriented.
It's a check
Sr. Eligibility Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 26, 2017
At UBC the stupid succeed. Upper management is threatened by employees that have achieved higher education than themselves. The good ole boys ( and girls) network is alive and well here.And with the job market being what it is this place CAN NOT BE ESCAPED!!!It would be a tolerable place to work if the opportunities for advancement were equal, but unfortunately if you down kiss butt you don't get promotions you deserve.
Pros
Income
Cons
No real opportunities for advancement
Patient Service Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 24, 2017
All programs at UBC are program based. If the program does not exceed or client decides to remove program from UBC those particular employees are unemployed. Sometimes there is an option to move to other programs, but not always the case. Just be mindful. Salary, it was good for me. Others in same position did not feel the same.
Pros
salary
Cons
Program based employment
Typical corporate low compensation
Patient Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVFebruary 14, 2017
Management was pretty ignorant of their workers and just pushed people to do things they didn't want to do. Not surprised retention was pretty bad. Also followed typical corporate rules of advancement and hard work was not rewarded by any means.
demanding
Supervisor, Reimbursement Services (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2016
fast-pace, client-driven environment. providing specialty medications to patients in need. providing great customer satisfaction. more programs are needed to assist employees with professional growth.
Pros
relationships
Cons
pay
Nice fun atmosphere
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 29, 2015
Everyone in the building was nice and stayed to themselves. Management was never present, and you could do what you wanted to do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UBC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about