Uber Drivers

United States11,210 reviews

Found 11,210 reviews matching the searchSee all 16,123 reviews
riderdrivercardrivingridepassengertearapp

Not a full time gig

If you have a vehicle and need some extra money, this can be very suitable. Not a full time gig though. Most people that do this already have a full time job and double up with Uber for simplicity and flexibility.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Just delivery

Uber is Uber. You work on your own time and hope you make good money and tips. I would recommend having another job to sustain yourself. But if you’re just looking for extra money go for it

Uber Drivers insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

Good, make your own schedule

You drive people or peoples food around using your own car making your own schedule. Can be challenging using their Gps is pretty dated. Workload varies/depends on if people are ordering.

Pros

Make your own schedule, deliver with no rush mostly take your time and relax, get instant deposit daily.

Cons

No benefits

Nice job

You are you own boss. You make your own schedule. You have your money daily. Pay the bills.. You have your lunch break when you want to and vacations when you want it too.

really kinda sucks

Here are the two reasons for the 2 star rating for driving for uber: flexibility, and most people are really nice, so i have nice conversations. Everything else sucks. Dealing with other drivers. Putting wear on my car and not getting adequately compensated. Uber charges the rider double what i get paid for a ride. Why do they get the same or more than i get paid when its MY car, getting the damage?? They try to make up for how much they dont pay us by giving more and more perks, but those arent even worth it. I’m just really annoyed with the whole system.

Flexible productive

Flexible way to earn fast cash.always buzy and definitely puts a tole on your car.but your the boss pretty much . Work at your own pace and independently.

Pros

Fast eazy cash instantly

Cons

Puts a tole on your car

Not a good career

It doesn't pay enough to support you or your family. The job doesn't come with many benefits besides the flexible hours. It'll put miles on your car and can hardly cover the gas you put into doing Uber fulltime.

Fun and challenging

Your pay is up to you. Good areas give good tips. You can work anytime anytime of the year. Expect a 1099 form at end of year. Use food bag for better tips.

Cool if you want to make less than minimum wage

It was great at first, but the wear and tear on my personal car stated to add up, and after driving for the first year I realized I averaged less than minimum wage. Not worth it for a career, but was great for nights and weekends.

never increase pay

They will do anything to hustle you. OVERALL is a bad company. I dont like working here. They dont pay for any of your expenses literally have to work for crumbs.

Horrible company

Be careful signing up to drive for Uber with a referral code! They REFUSE to pay out referral bonuses, I have been dealing with this problem for a week. They tell you what you want to hear nd make up lies so they don’t pay you! NOT THE TYPE OF COMPANY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH!

Its what you make it

The job is okay, if you are willing to put in the work to make money. It is really good side hustle if you don't live in a big city where demand is high.

We are contracted drivers

I love driving for uber cause I set my own schedule I love enter acting with people and safely driving them to their destination. You are your own boss the money you make depends on how much and how far you are willing to travel.

Easy work but stressful

Only good pay on surge rides. Regular pay sucks and is not enough to cover gas. Overall, however it is good supplemental income. Better to work both uber and lyft at the same time to maximize earnings.

Good job

Very good no stress at all, making your on schedule your own boss what else can you ask for. Try this job you will like it the money is not bad at all

Flexible Hours difficult to receive pay

You can choose your own hours and pick your schedule however from my personal experiences it is extremely difficult to receive your pay. Instant pay is available if you have an account at a certain bank and the website says they allow direct deposit with any bank account however, I haven't received a direct deposit in years and when getting one of the accounts allowed for instant payout, the app would not let me receive my money. I still have over $100 waiting in my account and no matter how much I reach out to support the issue is never solved.

Fun, flexible time, no complain

I do love working as a uber driver way back; Just be very careful if you have a speed ticket you can't work; but other than that I have no complain its just amazing how they put this business to help people like me. They dont only know how very helpful is but I hope they will more provide more benefits and rewards. My choice even gas is expensive but I love this job anyway.

Pros

rewards

Easy work

• easy work• make your own hours • down side running miles on your car like crazy• the money is there to make

It's your time and your dime.

What time you put in is definitely compensated as long as you're hitting that accept button. It's also your dime that goes into that gas tank. As long as you hit accept the dimes keep coming in. If you're smart enough you can find a shift that has less drivers on it which means you make more money. Remember always work full shift. Also maintain your car. Very important to get your car service to frequently.

Total Job Flexibility

This is a great part-time gig job for a newly retired person. No more annoying co-workers, no unreasonable bosses, no subordinates to supervise. You work as much or as little as you want. Wake up and can't go back to sleep? Might as well make some money and drive Uber. You can work at any hour of the day or night. Downsides are: a lot of miles on your car, sometimes a rider may smell bad.

Flexible

Very little pay after expenses, uber takes most of the earnings for each ride. Very little to no surge payments. They seem to give good incentive promotions when you start, after those are gone you'll start getting very little to none at all.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Very little pay after expenses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits