Uber Drivers logo
Uber Drivers
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100Above average

Uber Drivers Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the search with 17 related reviews.See all 13,474 reviews

Not a full time gig

If you have a vehicle and need some extra money, this can be very suitable. Not a full time gig though. Most people that do this already have a full time job and double up with Uber for simplicity and flexibility.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Pay

Lack of management support and care for employees

The title says it all. They simply do not care about the employees they have which explains all of the quick turnaround. No paid time off or sick leave, the health benefits are more expensive than paying for your own, they hire friends instead of worthy workers. I was contracted and told no senior tech positions were available, we found out later it was only due to the hiring manager hiring his friends from outside of the company but still having me train them all.

Overall pretty good experience

Work when you want and the money is pretty good. Downside is money put into car you drive. Also no paid vacations which would have been nice. They did give us bonuses based on how many trips you had in certain amount of time.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Jobs at Uber Drivers

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

17 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Doofer

Took this as a temporary stop gap after I got unceremoniously dismissed from my last job. Pay is upside down as it concerns what I drive (it costs more to drive my truck to deliver than it pays). Just biding my time, waiting for this "coronavirus" nonsense to be over so I can land a REAL job.

Awful place

When I started three years ago the pay was much better. They cut your pay several times. They no longer let me drive because of a few driving tickets. Very disappointing

Get to Learn New things Everytime

Time Flexibility , Good working environment , customer satisfaction, Bonus pay , very Friendly working condition's , Option's to Improve , Ability To Improve Skill's .

Summary is fine

UBER ( IMO) is what you ( driver partners) make it, as far as how much $$ you want to make, how much time you put in. I personally like it for its 100% flexibility to work around my schedule as a musician. I also like how I can broadly tailor where I want to work within the City/ suburbs I live.

Pros

Flexibility, being social, driving which I enjoy

Cons

Wish I got more $$ per trip, the driving and traffic can be tiring- but I know that!

Great for a little quick cash or getting HOV

If you want to make a little extra cash or use the HOV lane Uber is great. It's really hard to get enough work to make any kind of living at full time. They do have some nice discounts for partners and could be a great loss lead for taxes.

The most enjoyable part of the job

I truly enjoyed meeting new people from various places, exploring new places and the fact that I worked my own schedule. UberEats reveled many restaurants of different cultures in my area that i didn't know existed.

Good part and bad part

Good thing is To know a new places great people to meet and chat with them Bad thing is stok in traffic and long distance people sometimes they are late

good side hustle

easy job, just drive around all day for about 5 to 6 hours an you will do decently. some riders will be harder than others but maintain your composure and you'll be great

Good Part time money

Uber can help people get more extra money. However, it is many times challenging to get the rides. I would appreciate a way for them to help their drivers find more business.

Good for part time

Uber was so good when they start first they just take 20% the 80% was for drivers now uber take almost 50% to make money you have to drive more hours like I say it's ok for part time

Great supplementary income

Great that you get to set your own hours and that you are your own boss. The hardest part is keeping accurate records to offset the taxes that are not withheld.

Cons

Extremely variable income

It’s fun to drive around

Uber it’s the best company to work with. You can make your own time or schedule to work. You can be relaxed and work. It’s really easy to work for Uber and I recommend it for others

its the best thing that ever happened in America.

Uber gives you the oppurtunity to meet interesting people from all cultures. But it does not award their drivers when they accomplish some goals for example. your one thosandth passenger or your 5 thousandth passenger..

Pros

good service

Cons

they believe in the passingers and not the drivers so much.

Cut throat

People make complaints and it cost me money time and grief. The cost to operate vehicle and maintain the vehicle is an expense that you are not compensated for while you driving people around ensuring they get to their destination safely they want to rate you on your personality but you are penalized for talking or starting a conversation and penalized for commenting on subjects that the customer brings up.

lousy company

I worked for Uber for over 1 year. I put a ton of miles on my car and constantly needed oil changes and tires. I had an accident while on the uber app and the insurance won't fix my car. The manual says your covered as long as your online. The insurance. "James River " says I'm not covered. There's no benefits of any kind unless you think destroying your car is a benefit.

Pros

work when you want

Cons

no benefite's destroys car. strangers in your vehicle

Be your own boss....kind of?

Overhead is way to high. Uber doesn't take good care of their drivers. Unsafe environment at times. The job is extremely stressful, both with dealing with riders and driving at the same time.

Pros

flexiblity

Cons

stress, low pay, high hours

Transmute car mileage into spare change.

Driven for 2 years, have a 4.90 or more the WHOLE time, and put in over 60 hours most weeks. This killed my personal car - and Uber did nothing to help "One of our top rated drivers on the east coast"... This company is running on the fumes of poor sucker's dieing cars. I'm sorry to see this because Taxi Companies suck WAY WORSE, but as a driver, at least it is not your car when it breaks from the 150,000 miles added in the past 2 years... This company doesn't do a whole ton to/for the people who deserve it. I haven't been able to drive for uber for a month at this point because of a bone disease located in my left hip. They have only called me to check if they should "back burner my account".

Pros

the hours.

Cons

Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6K