Uber Partner Drivers Independent Contractor Reviews

Found 5,792 reviews matching the search See all 8,738 reviews
Opportunity Perks
Uber isn’t good as the full time job
Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 16, 2019
I’m working for uber 3 year full time. The income is worth and worth every day. I am working more than 70 hours per week no benefits. It’s waist time to work for uber
Good for part time
Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 15, 2019
Uber was so good when they start first they just take 20% the 80% was for drivers now uber take almost 50% to make money you have to drive more hours like I say it's ok for part time
Good side job gig
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
Best thing about working is there is no one hounding you. You set your own hours and work as much as you want. Money isn't great but if you need to make an extra $50 this job is perfect for you.
Opportunity Perks
Really good pay at first but then rate cuts & other unethical business practices. No supervision & set schedule is huge plus.
Uber Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 15, 2019
I drove part time back then from 2012 to 2014. I was young and delivering pizzas at the time a co-worker referred it to me as he was just trying it out. It really was a good paying gig at first. When Uber started, it was main Uber Black cars, meaning an Uber Black driver can catch a fare that's 25 miles & get paid 100 bucks. i got in as a driver a year after they introduced UberPlus & SUV. I did UberX first for a several months then UberPlus & UberSUV as well working as smart as I can not racking up dead miles. If you knew how to work smart and work the system you could get paid a lot more per nearby fare with the least amount of miles accrued to your car. You could also work the uber hourly pay incentives with low mileage fares. I wouldn't drive around between fares & would only pickup fares 5 mins away knowing their destination beforehand. I also would work strictly in surge pricing times. My hourly pay would be around $20-$35 per hour depending on the surge pricing. I remember I made about $450 bucks driving around 7 hours at New Years. The pay back then was that good. Now its pay cuts after pay cuts. Also really unfair & unethical business practices like terminating me from the app log in when I'm rated too low by passengers. The company coerced me to take driving improvement classes which I had to pay for to get back online and drive again. Over time, more and more drivers signed up and catching a fare began to grow slower. Eventually the rate cuts in addition to more drivers were so bad that you could barely make $80 bucks for an 8 hour shift. In the end, I left to pursue  more... better & hopefully longer lasting work. As for management, too capitalistic & don't care for the driver. They can replace you at will. It was a race to the bottom with the rate cuts to see which drivers are still willing to stay & which aren't.  less
Most stressful
Driver/Operator (Former independent contractor) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2019
Most stressful is them taking 60% of some of your trips, selecting when to give drivers trips not safe at all. Got assaulted 5 times. They exploit the drivers waayyy to much!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Unsure of how much they WILL TAKE FROM YOU. Unsafe unreliable no benefits WHATSOEVER
Opportunity Perks
Good for the independence but wouldn't recommend full time because of inconsistencies
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
I'm in an city that is pretty consistent with orders, but in less populated areas I'd assume it could be pretty difficult to stay consistent. I've gotten used to which orders are best to take and worst to take to be most efficient. I love the flexibility of being able to stop and start "shifts" whenever I please.
Pros
Flexible, customer interaction is generally positive, generally consistent orders
Cons
Inconsistent pay (from tips), inefficiency when having to deliver to door
Ridesharing
Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Secaucus, NJJune 14, 2019
In the beginning, I thought I was making lots of money. I didn't realize the fact that I was hurting my car and tearing up my sleeping routine. It is okay for someone that really wants the money in the same day. But on the other side, I was damaging my car, I had zero benefits, lack of respect and lack of experiences and achievements.
Pros
Same day payouts
Cons
Zero benefits
Fun company
Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 13, 2019
I love this company ..Nice people..Always on top of business fast pace and moving the city..Need more drivers...I will retire driving uber..I will always try to more drivers
Uber Driver
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Wichita, KSJune 12, 2019
I have no complaints really about Uber other than the app is faulty at times. You can make decent money if you stay out all day and deliver. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice supplemental income.
would be great but
Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2019
Driving Uber can have good and bad moments as any job. The hardest part of the job is waiting for new rides, as there are so many other drivers in the city. At some points there are no rides around a lot of areas and you are not making any money. The other disappointing factor is Uber does not take care of their drivers, even though we do all the work. It's sad that Uber picks and chooses how much they will take from your ride, as I have experienced Uber taking more than 55% of my riders payment. Customer service with Uber is almost impossible as well, they answer quick but it is very poor service. I will continue driving for the benefit of being able to when I need, but that is the only reason.
Opportunity Perks
They don't support their drivers
Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2019
They don't support their drivers. They let customers make up crazy things and deduct from drivers. Terrible experience working for them! I would never recommend driving for them to anyone. They should investigate false claims of customers rather than just acting on them!
divertido
Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Hialeah Gardens, FLJune 11, 2019
es un trabajo temporal, porque no cubre mis necesidades, ademas de que desgasta mucho mi carro, aunque trabajo el tiempo que yo disponga pues no tengo jefe
Flexible
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Des Moines, IAJune 11, 2019
I really enjoyed the flexibility of Uber Eats. You could choose any hours you wanted, and work as many or as little as you chose.
All of the businesses I interacted with were great.
Once you figure in gas/vehicle maintenance you are making way below minimum wage.
Acceptable
UBER Eats Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Katy, TXJune 10, 2019
Uber deliver was a good temporary job. Because of where I live it cost a lot of money in gas so I some times am reluctant to work as it seems it might be a bit more trouble.
Opportunity Perks
The process was fast and to the point.
PARTNER DRIVER, UBER DRIVER (Current independent contractor) –  San Diego County, CAJune 10, 2019
Fast and to the point. The explained to me everything that I needed to know. They told me what I can do and what I can not do. They have numerous tools to help with the success of your business.
Opportunity Perks
Driving passengers to their destination in a safe and timely manner.
Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 10, 2019
As a Uber driver I would transport passengers to their destination in a timely and safe manner. Uber considers their drivers as independent contractors and we do not receive paid time off, sick days or vacation time.
Pros
Driving when you want.
Cons
No Benefits, Low Pay.
Opportunity Perks
It is not sustainable income
Uber Eats Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2019
Directions are occasionally bad and businesses are slow, thus slowing down the money making process. There need to expand to allow for more consistency and a steady work flow.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lacks consistency
Opportunity Perks
I was working part time with uber and enjoy driving while makig money
Driver/Operator (Former independent contractor) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2019
Uber is great company to work with .you can work on your own pace and you can chose your own time to work.there is no pressure on you when to work.you can make decent money also.
50/50 split on short trips, surge sux
Independent Contractor (Current independent contractor) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2019
Uber makes as much or more on short trips than you do. That just isn’t right. It’s also tougher to make money because Uber has saturated the city with too many drivers. And the new surge system sucks. Because of driver saturation surges rarely pop up and when they do they aren’t worth much. Tech support is another thing. Just once I’d like to speak with someone whose English I could easily understand.
Pros
Flexible. Better than flipping burgers.
Cons
Work longer to make the same I used to make.
workplace
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2019
FREEDOM! amazing comfy. work at own paces. tip out is great, suggest to put in more then 7-10 hours to make some money.got tip $186 on a $70 bill. its worth it
Pros
money
Cons
rating chart

Want to know more about partnering with Uber here?

Ask a question about partnering with Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
42.3K
31.7K
1956

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse independent contractors rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably