Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews

Found 5,101 reviews matching the search See all 7,720 reviews
Don’t do it
Driver Partner (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 10, 2018
This is ok for some side money. You don’t get a lot of rides because the market here is over saturated with drivers. You can go hours without rides and you have to work nights on the weekends to make any kind of decent money. The culture is terrible. Most drivers hate other drivers and refuse to help new drivers because they see them as taking away from their money. I don’t believe Uber cares about their drivers either.
I will say that I do enjoy meeting new people and most of the riders I have had are great. I have made some friends and even had some fun.
Pros
Meeting new people, setting your own schedule
Cons
No benefits, pay is very low, long hours and long nights
Great and fun job, but relying on it has a cost
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2018
I've been working for Uber for a few months now and I love the job. I get to see so many cool areas and meet some amazing people in a more personal setting. The promotions and surge pricing on the all throughout the week can add up and send you home with a pretty nice extra chunk of money. Biggest downside for me is that driving where I live in Sacramento is a bit of a waste of time, and commuting to San Francisco can really wear on you after a while. Along with that, the gas and food expenses, wear on your car no compensation for mileage definitely are things to keep in mind. It's a great job for those who have the ability to do it for extra cash, but I wouldn't recommend using it as your main source of income.
Pros
Fun, meet great people, see new places, pretty good pay, choose your own schedule
Cons
no benefits, no mileage compensation, long commutes, wear on car
Fun and flexable easy money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the freedom of working at my on pace. Meeting lots of people from all over town that depended on me. Typically a day could be busy or slow depending on how much I choose to participate in work activity. For the most fun part riders were enjoying life and I was making money fast doing what I do daily. With such a tight schedule, busy in my own life. I felt the freedom of time management to making things a lot more easier for me and others. The hardest part was me having to stop working due to my vehicle expired for company standers. I learned that people enjoy the comfort of a relaxing clean ride after such a long busy day.
Pros
direct earnings
Cons
no benefits
Make as much as you want / can
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2018
the more you drive the more you make. There is no boss no management. Only text messages and emails. I never once talked to an actual person the whole time I worked for UBER. Be nice to everyone no matter how rude they are because a couple bad reviews and someone through text message may put you in time out lol. Honestly if you have any past customer service skill personally I come from food service, serving, bar tending, ect and if you can read a room and know who wants to talk and who just wants to ride in silence for example you'll excel and make a ton of money. Keep your car clean, open doors when possible (note not in the city ANYWHERE-DANGEROUS) and you can make as much money as you want. Let your GPS do all the driving and if a customer tells you to go a different way, amuse them and go the way they tell you, its their dime and if they are wrong you make more money anyways. CHEERS
Pros
Work when you can, Take time off whenever you want
Cons
No benefits
Uber lost it’s objective
Driver (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 1, 2018
When a big company like Uber took over the taxi business they were focused and hangry to do the job well but now they don’t care any more neither for their drivers nor for their customers
So they shifted their attention to the autonomous
Cars when they failed badly now their priority is the bikes
I worked with them full time the navigation isn’t good
I don’t know if it’s negligence or that’s the max they can do
There is no difference between a real part time driver or full time
I mean even if you are one of their best drivers they still consider you as “just a driver “ I think that’s what will cause them eternal part time drivers
And don’t forget the raise of Lyft they should take them very seriously because they are growing way faster than Uber
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bad technical management
Taxi (ride-share) service involving driving one's own vehicle for compensation
Driver-Partner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 20, 2018
Uber offers a very flexible option for full- or part-time workers who enjoy driving and meeting all types of people. Basically a self-employment contractor job, drivers can set their own schedules and be their own bosses. The money can be good, but only during hours when rider demand is high. The income level is often hard to predict, and desirable compensation can never be guaranteed. This can be extremely frustrating when one's vehicle requires unexpected major repairs, especially during periods when business is slow.
Pros
Flexibility of setting one's own hours, personal fulfillment for service-oriented individuals
Cons
Very high overhead; cost of maintaining vehicle is placed entirely on the driver
Not for everyone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
UBER is great if you like being in your car all day, long hours and staying at the ready the entire time. The pay really isn't competitive and there are no benefits. At the end of the day, UBER IS a contract job, meaning you don't work you don't get paid. The worst part about my experience was the rating system...If an entitled punk got in your car and he didn't feel that you licked his boots adequately then he'd give you a 1 star and their was nothing that you could do about it. They need to institute a rider rating system in order to balance the current system, so that everyone will give a more honest and fair rating.
Uber/positives and negatives -Weigh your options!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2018
This company does give people who are looking for immediate employment and if you have a new car a chance to work right away and earn money. The downfall is that in the Inland Empire business is slow and also no benefits, independent contractor status leave you open to issues if anything happens because you cannot collect unemployment, disability, or any medical benefits. The other downfall is that you need to get commercial insurance to drive which cost more and the wear and tear on your car which is NOT accounted for by Uber. Lastly, Uber does not communicate with you if there is a passenger issue they just take the customers word and deduct funds from your account.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Benefits at all, wear and tear on your vehicle
A pastime, not a job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 23, 2018
The ideal UBER driver is retired, bored, and doesn't need income. Can be fun if you enjoy meeting people and driving a bit, but numerous studies (and my personal experience with over 1,000 rides),have found the average driver makes less than minimum wage with no benefits. Every trip takes equity out of your vehicle.

The only way I'd recommend this venture to anyone would be as an emergency source of some cash while in between jobs. Even then, be prepared to very drive long hours to net over $500 a week.

Good luck.
Pros
Pick your hours
Cons
Low pay, wear and tear on your car, and entilted passengers.
Very time consuming. Long hours
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 5, 2018
The company is fair .very interesting to work for Uber si ce you pick your own hours. They have a 5 star rating which causes drivers to be very good at customer service skills. I like to help people so it ia rather fun. Pay is whzt you make it eventhough there is no acscension or pay raise since you are a partner mor than an employee. No medical but you can take vacation when you want. For me is not bad.
Pros
You are your own boss. Meet all types of people.
Cons
No medical. Use you own car. Car maintance from the is non existent
Fun to do
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
If you're driving for Uber to make a killing and buy a big house, this is not for you. If you don't mind an average of $10 an hour, I highly recommend it. I had a blast driving in the Los Angeles area for a year and a half. It was so neat to be my own boss. I set my own hours without worrying that I would be late, I dressed how I wanted but appropriately for a customer service job, I took breaks when I needed to, I could keep Dr's appointments without being reprimanded and I got to meet all kinds of people from different places and walks of life. The few cons are that it does allot of damage to your car, zero benefits, driver support was non-existent and they were quick to deactivate a driver for the most petty complaints from a passenger. If I didn't move, I would definitely still be driving.
Pros
Freedom!
Cons
Don't earn allot, kills your car slowly but surely, no benefits
Its a way to bring in some money to pay bills.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Need to raise the pickup and drop off pay. Plus, Uber needs to cut back on the percentage of what they get. Normally I make 1 trip and only get $3.50, after Uber gets their share of 70% total. It sucks, plus, u have no clue where ur going until after pickup the food at the restaurant. Plus, GPS makes wrong directions to locations unless u know the names of streets and locations. Plus, the app doesn't work well for tip giving to the drivers. Plus, if u have friends or family u can't request the driver, unless it in the area for pickup. So much more. Also, for Boost u can be in the area, its low or no Boost, even if u get notified but Uber won't give it to u at all.
Pros
Work own hours
Cons
Pay sucks, need advancement on higher pay. Waste of gas and time, mileage.
Uber is a JOKE
Driver (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 28, 2018
Don't make the mistake I did and quit your day job thinking you're going to make a killing driving for Uber.... I live in a very busy city and there are also busy cities surrounding my town and let me tell you there's usually at least 10 drivers per town at any given time... I sit around for hours waiting for one ride and then they just want to go around the block and I earn $3 off of it... On average I earn probably about $800 a month, and then I got to pay the government taxes and then the wear and tear on my car so I'm pretty much left with maybe $500 if I'm lucky... this job is only good if you want to earn extra cash on top of your salary. otherwise go work at McDonald's you'll earn a heck of a lot more!!!
Side-Gig Only
Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 26, 2018
Uber can be a decent way to make money on the side, but only under specific conditions. If you do not already have a car you need for your regular job, do not expect driving for Uber to cover payments, upkeep and insurance and still turn a reasonable profit on its own. Quality of life is going to depend heavily on where you live. ALL risks and expenses are assumed by you, the driver: Maintenance, gas, collision, injury, liability, citations, all of it. Do not expect any form of assistance from corporate unless they think it might impact them on a legal level. Uber also takes a larger cut of your earnings than they represent when you sign up; Uber claims to take 25% of all fares, but there is in fact a hidden charge for unspecified fees which will eat up an additional 10% or more.
Pros
Flexible hours, no supervision
Cons
Inconsistent pay, no benefits, no promotions
Drive, drive, and drive
Partner Driver (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 20, 2018
alot of driving. This business is a business of driving. If you dont like to drive, Uber is not for you. Typically a day of work with Uber can be draining. Expectations are high and people think you are slave to them as their money does not compensate for being a chauffer. Would not recommend Uber, as it is a contractual company. You are your own private contractor with Uber and Uber shares no benefits with it's drivers. The most enjoyable thing about Uber is if you enjoy talking to the public.
Pros
If you like driving
Cons
does not compensate for the pay
It's definitely not your main Hustle but it can be your side Hustle
Uber Partner Driver (Current Employee) –  Apopka, FLNovember 6, 2018
Uber's great for when you need some quick money and hand and you have some free time or when you just got off your main job and you want to make a little extra money. If you do Hoover full-time it's going to kill your car. You're going to have to pay for gas you're going to have to pay for tires eventually and then after a while you're going to end up putting a whole bunch of miles on your car in a very short amount of time.
Pros
Almost complete Freedom
Cons
No benefits, low pay, everything is at your expense.
For those who looks for job
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Job is pretty okay if you are student or actor or if you look for something else. I've been working for Uber since summer 2017. Great opportunity to see lots of low-end and high-end places and very different people. But salalry is not enough for anything, people mostly never tip, rude, and leave lots of mess in car. Also you have to pay for gas, oil change, miles, tires, carwash etc etc. Decided to look for something else.
Pros
Lots of freedom, new expirience, convinient system
Cons
Low salary, unfriendly people, no raise, lots of extra payments on car
Fun job to have! Great to supplement your income!
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 4, 2018
Uber is a great way to earn extra cash or have as a main source of income if needed. I've learned a lot about people from driving for Uber. There is a comradery among Uber drivers, so i guess the culture would be very positive as they have private communities on facebook for Uber drivers only to share and help each other out with questions and concerns. The hardest part about the job is putting the miles on your vehicle. The wear and tear is not made up with the compensation from the fares you get. I think Uber can give their drivers a little more of the pie to compensate for that part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is chatting with interesting people along the drive to their destination. I've had amazing chats with folks that i never would have had the opportunity to meet other than through Uber. would recommend a friend to drive for Uber if their circumstances are right for it.
Pros
Vehicle wear and tear
Cons
Get to met interesting people
Stressful.
Ride-sharing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 9, 2018
- Fairer Rating System based upon partner rideshare performance rather than customer personal, subjective, feelings and emotions.
- More transparent compensation agreement s.
- Either higher compensation package or more benefits packages for driver partners.
Pros
Freedom to set own schedule. Compensation that allows you to maintain an average life style.
Cons
Compensation package for driver partners. More Benefit opportunities partner drivers.
Discovering new places/meeting new people.
Driver/Independent Contractor/Entrepreneur (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLAugust 26, 2018
I learned that my insurance did not participate in share riding with UBER. In the event of an accident, I would be personally responsible for the accident, not my car insurance company.

Overall, if you're looking for self-employment and able to afford the high insurance coverage, it's a pretty good gig.

The job is not hard. If you like interacting with people, and driving, than it's a good job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is discovering new places and interacting with different people.
Pros
Get paid on the spot if you have a Uber visa account.
Cons
Salary is not so great to cover expenses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K
42.1K
31.5K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably