Uber Partner Drivers Independent Contractor Reviews for Delivery Driver

Found 315 reviews matching the search See all 8,753 reviews
Opportunity Perks
Flexable and good extra money
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Orlando, FLJune 18, 2019
I love that you can just log in anytime you want to make extra money. You can get instant pay every day you work. Very relaxed working invironment. Drive in your own car
Pros
Instant money
Cons
Use your own gas, high mileage
Opportunity Perks
Easy, fast money, customer service that answers or emails back quickly
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Current independent contractor) –  Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2019
Pay for individual trips could be better, but the job is easy and if you stick with it and learn the good areas it's easy enough to make money. Hardest part of the job is predicting which days are good and not wasting gas driving around.
Educating experience long days
Ubereats Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Baltimore, MDJune 18, 2019
Frustrating at times and enjoyable most times. Encountered some issues when I first started. It's a learning curve to being a delivery partner. But once you figure it out it can become very addictive.
Pros
Being in new surroundings
Cons
Leaning curve
Opportunity Perks
Great way to make money in your spare time.
Food Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2019
While recieving orders can be scarce from time to time, Uber always compensates for this by assuring that its drivers will always make minimum wage or higher when online.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Car Maintenance, Lots of Driving, etc.
Good side job gig
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
Best thing about working is there is no one hounding you. You set your own hours and work as much as you want. Money isn't great but if you need to make an extra $50 this job is perfect for you.
Opportunity Perks
Good for the independence but wouldn't recommend full time because of inconsistencies
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 14, 2019
I'm in an city that is pretty consistent with orders, but in less populated areas I'd assume it could be pretty difficult to stay consistent. I've gotten used to which orders are best to take and worst to take to be most efficient. I love the flexibility of being able to stop and start "shifts" whenever I please.
Pros
Flexible, customer interaction is generally positive, generally consistent orders
Cons
Inconsistent pay (from tips), inefficiency when having to deliver to door
Uber
delivery (Current independent contractor) –  Subiaco WAJune 13, 2019
I usually work with Uber and it´s a good job. Unfortunately the wage is not good. You must delivery minimum 8 times and spend 3 hours to earn $50.00..
Pros
Payment every week
Cons
Low money per hour
Uber Driver
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Wichita, KSJune 12, 2019
I have no complaints really about Uber other than the app is faulty at times. You can make decent money if you stay out all day and deliver. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice supplemental income.
Flexible
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Des Moines, IAJune 11, 2019
I really enjoyed the flexibility of Uber Eats. You could choose any hours you wanted, and work as many or as little as you chose.
All of the businesses I interacted with were great.
Once you figure in gas/vehicle maintenance you are making way below minimum wage.
workplace
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  New Orleans, LAJune 6, 2019
FREEDOM! amazing comfy. work at own paces. tip out is great, suggest to put in more then 7-10 hours to make some money.got tip $186 on a $70 bill. its worth it
Pros
money
Cons
rating chart
Opportunity Perks
No money, no safety, not worth it
delivery driver (Current independent contractor) –  Miami, FLJune 6, 2019
There are too many cons for this job. First too many ppl doing the same so very few requests, second you get in an accident they dont help you out, third if you lease a car they squeeze you so you can pay them the stupid lease and very few dollars for you.... And if you drive your car to make some survival money you kill your car quick by breaking the engine with the milage, the suspenssion and the transmission...... And one day they can say bye bye to you... Pretty much they pimp you out
Opportunity Perks
Self-paced, work when you want.
Driver/Delivery (Current independent contractor) –  Winchester, VAJune 3, 2019
Good part time job. Work when you want. Vehicle maintenance is up to you. Be friendly and it's a fun job. Winchester is only profitable on Saturday nights.
Pros
Meet interesting people
Cons
Taking drunk people home from a bar
Opportunity Perks
Not enough pay for multiple orders
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Tacoma, WAMay 31, 2019
Working for UberEats does not make enough money and rarely makes it worth the gas and time. I do not think one can make a living off delivery, maybe regular Uber.
its fun and easy
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2019
I like it the most because the hours are flexible, you are your own manager. its very easy to sign up for.ive met a lot of people while driving, most are friendly.ive learned how to communicate better with them.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Flexible hours
DELIVERY PARTNER (Former independent contractor) –  Queens, NYMay 26, 2019
Wonderful in the sense that I got to make my own schedule but left as there were constant changes in the payment algorithm which reduced my pay significantly
Worst
Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2019
4 years driving. This year has been the worst. PT hours low pay. Don't believe the hype you cant choose your own schedule...if you do you either will make a little money or $3 bucks in 2 hours and run your car into the ground.
Do not believe that you are insured, you are not when driving for them.
Do not believe they will fix damages to your vehicle while driving for them especially if your a female. Look it up its true. They never helped me fix my rims and right side damages to my car from a huge pot hole I ht winter of 2018.
The pay went down since they went public 2 weeks ago and they are a bunch of swine.
I have nothing good to say about UBER.
Pros
Cons
Millions
Opportunity Perks
Great job if you wanna make a extra money on the side
Food Service Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2019
On a typical day i would drive for 4-6 hours and would do around 7-12 trips a day. The hardest part of the jobs is just driving around for hours and waiting to get a trip. The most enjoyable part is that you get out of the house for hours and just drive around and relax.
Opportunity Perks
It is a dictatorship like system and xenophobic
Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  London, Greater LondonMay 21, 2019
It is a dictatorship like system, they only want to punish without even listening to the driver, even if the driver is correct they will prefer to punish the driver instead of fixing their mistakes. If you complain they will punish you, if there is a system error they don’t fix it and they punish you.
They are xenophobic, and do not treat their employees well.
Pros
Everything only illusion
Cons
dictatorship and xenophobic
Great company
Part time Delivery Driver (Former independent contractor) –  Lexington, KYMay 16, 2019
When you're inbetween jobs and you need a place to work, this is the way to go. You can work on your schedule and your time, as long as you get your customer from point a to b
great company
Food Delivery Driver (Current independent contractor) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2019
A typical day at work doing Uber Eats includes breakfast deliveries from restaurants like Denny's, I Hop, and McDonald's. Lunches usually deliver to business offices depending on the area your in, you might deliver to houses, hospitals, nursing homes. At the end of the day in the evening deliveries go to condos, apartments. Also, the weekends are the busiest work times for Uber Eats.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Rude customers, racist restaurant employees, long waits, and heavy traffic

Want to know more about partnering with Uber here?

Ask a question about partnering with Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
42.4K
31.7K
1959

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse independent contractors rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably