Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews for Driver

Found 2,665 reviews matching the search See all 8,177 reviews
Uber lost it’s objective
Driver (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 1, 2018
When a big company like Uber took over the taxi business they were focused and hangry to do the job well but now they don’t care any more neither for their drivers nor for their customers
So they shifted their attention to the autonomous
Cars when they failed badly now their priority is the bikes
I worked with them full time the navigation isn’t good
I don’t know if it’s negligence or that’s the max they can do
There is no difference between a real part time driver or full time
I mean even if you are one of their best drivers they still consider you as “just a driver “ I think that’s what will cause them eternal part time drivers
And don’t forget the raise of Lyft they should take them very seriously because they are growing way faster than Uber
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bad technical management
Not for everyone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2018
UBER is great if you like being in your car all day, long hours and staying at the ready the entire time. The pay really isn't competitive and there are no benefits. At the end of the day, UBER IS a contract job, meaning you don't work you don't get paid. The worst part about my experience was the rating system...If an entitled punk got in your car and he didn't feel that you licked his boots adequately then he'd give you a 1 star and their was nothing that you could do about it. They need to institute a rider rating system in order to balance the current system, so that everyone will give a more honest and fair rating.
Fun and flexable easy money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the freedom of working at my on pace. Meeting lots of people from all over town that depended on me. Typically a day could be busy or slow depending on how much I choose to participate in work activity. For the most fun part riders were enjoying life and I was making money fast doing what I do daily. With such a tight schedule, busy in my own life. I felt the freedom of time management to making things a lot more easier for me and others. The hardest part was me having to stop working due to my vehicle expired for company standers. I learned that people enjoy the comfort of a relaxing clean ride after such a long busy day.
Pros
direct earnings
Cons
no benefits
Great and fun job, but relying on it has a cost
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2018
I've been working for Uber for a few months now and I love the job. I get to see so many cool areas and meet some amazing people in a more personal setting. The promotions and surge pricing on the all throughout the week can add up and send you home with a pretty nice extra chunk of money. Biggest downside for me is that driving where I live in Sacramento is a bit of a waste of time, and commuting to San Francisco can really wear on you after a while. Along with that, the gas and food expenses, wear on your car no compensation for mileage definitely are things to keep in mind. It's a great job for those who have the ability to do it for extra cash, but I wouldn't recommend using it as your main source of income.
Pros
Fun, meet great people, see new places, pretty good pay, choose your own schedule
Cons
no benefits, no mileage compensation, long commutes, wear on car
Make as much as you want / can
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2018
the more you drive the more you make. There is no boss no management. Only text messages and emails. I never once talked to an actual person the whole time I worked for UBER. Be nice to everyone no matter how rude they are because a couple bad reviews and someone through text message may put you in time out lol. Honestly if you have any past customer service skill personally I come from food service, serving, bar tending, ect and if you can read a room and know who wants to talk and who just wants to ride in silence for example you'll excel and make a ton of money. Keep your car clean, open doors when possible (note not in the city ANYWHERE-DANGEROUS) and you can make as much money as you want. Let your GPS do all the driving and if a customer tells you to go a different way, amuse them and go the way they tell you, its their dime and if they are wrong you make more money anyways. CHEERS
Pros
Work when you can, Take time off whenever you want
Cons
No benefits
Not worth it in the end. You can only make money if you are getting tips. Greedy company with bad algorithms on their ride assignment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2018
I've been driving Uber for 6 months, at first I was very enthusiastic and worked night and day to make around 600 per week. After a few months I put around 40k miles on my vehicle. And was spending about 40$ a day in fuel 6 days a week. If you take the gas cost of 240$ a week minus the 600 that leaves 340$ subtract taxes 90$ now you get 250$ once you take in account for insurance, car payments, and wear and tear on the vehicle you are not making anything. In addition it is very stressful driving 20 minutes on the highway to only take a passenger 3 miles and get 3.67$ for the ride. However I have now corrected this because I no longer accept rides more than 7 minutes away from where I am. In the end uber would be a good option if you wanted to make a couple dollars once in a while , not very good option for full time gig. The only way to correct the problem with the pay is for them to set their cut they get lower so more profits are given to the driver and not Uber. This will never happen so I guess I'll move on to a other company or maybe even a other career.
Pros
Flexibility, meeting new people
Cons
Long hours, low pay
A pastime, not a job.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 23, 2018
The ideal UBER driver is retired, bored, and doesn't need income. Can be fun if you enjoy meeting people and driving a bit, but numerous studies (and my personal experience with over 1,000 rides),have found the average driver makes less than minimum wage with no benefits. Every trip takes equity out of your vehicle.

The only way I'd recommend this venture to anyone would be as an emergency source of some cash while in between jobs. Even then, be prepared to very drive long hours to net over $500 a week.

Good luck.
Pros
Pick your hours
Cons
Low pay, wear and tear on your car, and entilted passengers.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2018
there is no management, no job culture, no benefits. Just .75 a mile and .09 wait time and you can drive as much as you want. I made 40000 gross last year. 13000 went to uber of the 27000 that was left. I spent 6000 was on gas 5000 on tolls. plus tires and oil changes 4000.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
not enough pay to cover gas upkeep any extras
Its a way to bring in some money to pay bills.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2018
Need to raise the pickup and drop off pay. Plus, Uber needs to cut back on the percentage of what they get. Normally I make 1 trip and only get $3.50, after Uber gets their share of 70% total. It sucks, plus, u have no clue where ur going until after pickup the food at the restaurant. Plus, GPS makes wrong directions to locations unless u know the names of streets and locations. Plus, the app doesn't work well for tip giving to the drivers. Plus, if u have friends or family u can't request the driver, unless it in the area for pickup. So much more. Also, for Boost u can be in the area, its low or no Boost, even if u get notified but Uber won't give it to u at all.
Pros
Work own hours
Cons
Pay sucks, need advancement on higher pay. Waste of gas and time, mileage.
Side-Gig Only
Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 26, 2018
Uber can be a decent way to make money on the side, but only under specific conditions. If you do not already have a car you need for your regular job, do not expect driving for Uber to cover payments, upkeep and insurance and still turn a reasonable profit on its own. Quality of life is going to depend heavily on where you live. ALL risks and expenses are assumed by you, the driver: Maintenance, gas, collision, injury, liability, citations, all of it. Do not expect any form of assistance from corporate unless they think it might impact them on a legal level. Uber also takes a larger cut of your earnings than they represent when you sign up; Uber claims to take 25% of all fares, but there is in fact a hidden charge for unspecified fees which will eat up an additional 10% or more.
Pros
Flexible hours, no supervision
Cons
Inconsistent pay, no benefits, no promotions
you are an independent contractor
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2019
As a driver, you are an independent contractor and receive no benefits and no management-you deal with the problems that occur by removing the passengers from the car or call the police. Uber offers a support phone number however the people that answer the line are not fluent in English which can cause even more issues sometimes.
Uber needs to pay more
Full-Time Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2019
Uber is a worldwide company and drivers should get paid very well even though if their private contractor but they should look after for their drivers. They dont follow their policies and thats why they have so many law suits.
Pros
flexible
Cons
benefits, pay, no moving up, management, Ceo, company
Management are unaccountable
Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
If you ever have a problem that needed to be resolved you can never get a hold of corporate they only thank you to a sales representative who in my opinion has no idea what the policy truly hold for over a change from day today there is no accountability at all management. Thanks we are all independent contractor we are in for leave to move our meeting they can do whatever they want to get rid of us lower the paper take money away at times I was there for 3 1/2 years my rating with a 4.9 8400 ride And having an impeccable record I still was terminated due to the fact the fraudulent ride they claim with zero proof never sending me anything to terminate you off the app no questions at
Pros
Own hours you want
Cons
Management can get rid of you at anytime
Employment with UBER
Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 1, 2018
I enjoy working for UBER. Being a driver is very fun. You get to meet so many people who come from all walks of life. On a day to day basis, you encounter anywhere from 10 to 40 individuals.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, no advancement oportunities
Great Job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2018
This was a pleasant job that required me to drive different parts of Nashville and pick up riders. These riders were nice and appreciative for such great service. As far as management you are your manager. You decide if you want to work today and for how long. Hardest part of the job would be when intoxicated people ride, sometimes they can be belligerent or the possibility of them making a mess of your vehicle. Aside from those two things, what was difficult was when people would be mean and give you a false report. Im not sure what you could do about being falsely reported because there really wasn't a protection mechanism for drivers. The most enjoyable part about this job is freedom to do as you wish as long as you follow the rules. Its more of like you are your own boss.
It's a cool job for those who's doing it on the side.
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Milford, MADecember 17, 2018
I've been an Uber driver for 4 years so far, I never had a single issue with it. I do UberX and Uber eat.
I work Uber as part time job. I can't judge people who talk about Uber the way they do because that's their experience, but my experience is different by doing Uber you've gotta be smart.
One peace of advice to everyone who's working especially self employed jobs. Don't work hard but work smart.
Know the area you are working at, know the business they hve, know the busy time ND dead time, know the entire activity of the environment and that's how you work smart not hard. Cause you would not waste your time and gas for nothing.
Me personally I live 1h away from the town I work Uber and I work the Max nomore then 40h I make over $1k.
It is true if you don't work you won't make money also if you are not self motivated you will be lazy.
Focus on work be motivated and your thought would change, trust me.
Pros
Free to work when you feel like it.
Cons
Can becoming lazy
Not worth it.
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJune 28, 2018
When I worked for uber there was no compensation for the distance one would drive to a rider so you could go out of your way to take someone 3 blocks for a few dollars profit. Constant harrasment from "law enforcement" because they had a bone to pick with the entity that was depriving them of DUI/parking infraction revenue. No discounts are available for drivers trying to get rides and the drivers are on the hook for most of the tax burden. Most of my profits would go to upkeep of the vehicle. Uber kept hiring drivers which decreased not only their profits but those of the drivers. It would surge less and it became more competitive.
Pros
Work on your time
Cons
Progressivly Impacted clientele base, spite from policy enforcement, decreased wages
Own work schedule you decide when you want to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
It’s only good to pay a bill or so the pay is very low wear and tear on your car no advancement no matter how nice you are to the passengers they will lie and report you because they kno Uber will refund them and give a free ride Uber customer service is horrible they delay your money and they will quickly deactivate your account if your ratings are low which come from the passengers who tends to lie Lyft is way better and you get paid more
Pros
Work your own hours
Cons
Passengers are very rude, disrespectful, some racist, mostly are unfriendly, gets in your car and don’t even speak, have babies with them with no car seat
Uber Takes Too Much Of The Fare! Pay Your Drivers More!
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 15, 2018
It's okay for a part time gig. You really do not want to do this full time because it's not at all worth it unless you're driving at night in a party town. I enjoy meeting people from around the world and I've met so many. I just wish Uber actually cared enough about it's drivers to pay us More than their cut! We're the ones out there doing all the work but they take the biggest cut. The hardest part of the job is Rude Riders who try to operate your radio and A/C as if it's their car. The best part is the Nice Riders who are polite and sober. What Culture? LOL! I learned to get around town. Management? Really? I've never met any management but I wish they'd stop taking so much of the money that we earn for them. Save as much as you can if you have anything left after gas, maintenance, bills, etc....
Pros
Work when you want if you can afford it.
Cons
Uber takes the biggest cut of the fare and it's more than 50% most of the time.
Don’t ever drive uber, very low paying job.
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2018
I started out at Uber. You’ll be lucky to make $50 in a day. You’ll spend more in gas than what you’ll make in fares even if you drive a decent mpg vehicle.

The pay is very low, you’ll be driving all over the city getting fares and you’ll be lucky to get more than $4 per trip even if you take them more than 10 miles. There’s been times where I would drive way out of the way to accept a ride only to find out their destination is within walking distance of their house and get $3 in payment. (Too lazy to walk 3 blocks)

The clientele are pretty bad too, especially in California. Most of the people you’ll pick up are stuck up, narcissistic, liberal hipsters that will often insult you and make fun of you to your face. They also have zero respect for your property and will often slam your doors and create messes in your car. (It’s not their property so they don’t care) If you drive past 8pm you’re going to get many drunks and don’t even get me started on the horror story expirences I had with them.

Uber Eats/Deliveries are a scam, you’ll drive 10 mins to pick up food and another 10 mins to deliver it to the house and you’ll be lucky to get $4. You will spend more in gas than what you will get paid.

It’s almost a given you will not get a tip. 95% of riders do not tip.

I would honestly say stay away from Uber until they raise their wages for drivers. If an Uber driver says they make loads of money they’re lying. The honest ones, including myself, will tell you to stay away.
Pros
Almost none
Cons
Very low pay, Rude customers, Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53K
42.2K
31.6K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably