Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews for Driver (Independent Contractor)

Found 1,711 reviews matching the search See all 8,566 reviews
Ok
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 21, 2019
Lotta driving hard on vehicles some skectch people getting on your car long days away from home eat on the go makes you fat gotta drive rain or shine day and night sick or well
Pros
Meh
Cons
Long days
Good way to learn the city
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAApril 18, 2019
I enjoy driving for Uber, meet lots of people, not at all stressful, work as many hours and days as I wish. Good source of income. Guaranteed pay, direct deposit.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
nnone
Would recommend
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2019
Uber is great for stay at home parents, like myself or for a part time job to make extra money whenever you want. It has it's slow days and it's great days.
Pros
Great money on busy days
Cons
When it is slow, its so slow that you barely make any money
I am still working this job
Uber eats driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaApril 16, 2019
I am doing this job now because I can work any hours and it is paying the bills until I get a full time job. I basically pick up food and deliver it to people.
Get out, what you put in! Single, no Kids? New Car, self starter? Great Opp!
Uber Partner Driver (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 15, 2019
Self Employed. Get what you put in, and even than, you were only fortunate if luck shines on you! You make your own hours, but won't earn much, if you don't work the right hours. Some weeks I earned a lot, and was excited to continue working. Other weeks I had more debt than I did earnings, and barely able to feed kids. It was not a livable income.

The biggest setback, using your own car, your putting thousands of miles on it if within weeks,if your making the money! When you think you earned a good amount, you realize you haven't done your maintenance on car, and than your earnings are gone.

If you have no kids, have no spouse, and have a NEW car, and able to go into business for self, than I do recommend Uber Driving to you. But when you have others dependent on you, or your car is not that new, your going to discover Driving for Uber brings more problems than you anticipated.
Pros
Make your hours, Get out what you put in, Meet new people
Cons
Your Car. Your Miles. Your maintenance. If you have others dependent on you, this is not a livable income to support others.
Bad place to work at
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2019
I do not recommend working with uber. They don't pay for the miles and gas you waste on your car. They are scamming their employees. I was doing it because I needed extra income but they don't pay enough.
Strictly side gig
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2019
As a college student this job used to be somewhat profitable back when i started a couple years ago. Seems like uber just doesn’t get the idea of giving incentive opportunities to their drivers anymore or likely just have too many drivers to do so. Good luck finding success in this job at this point.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Car maintenance/depreciation, cost of gas, little incentive
Uber Summary
Rideshare Driver (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2019
Uber is great job if you like people and don't mind driving for 7 or 8 hours a day. You work when you want and can make a decent amount as long as you are willing to put in the time. After working full-time for a year, I can say that it is exhausting and your car needs a lot of maintenance. I will likely continue to drive Uber but am looking for another job where I can move forward instead of only being a driver.
Pros
Flexible time off and work schedule
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great side job
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 9, 2019
great way to earn some extra money on the side. Able to meet some fun interesting people while getting them to where they need to go. discounts on some things as well
meh
Driving partner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2019
cool if you need money but thats all even then you dont make much after you take gas ttaxes and everything else into consideration. i could take whenever i wanted off and i guess thats cool but theres no real money.
worst
Uber/Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 5, 2019
uber does not pay its drivers fair wage cancel rides get deactivated was okay at first till uber cut the pay by 70% the riders pay the same the drivers get paid less plain an simple you get 60 cents per mile driven you do the math
Pros
Cons
everything
fun
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 2, 2019
I loved driving for uber. I am a people person & loved getting to meet all different kinds of people! I feel like the pay could be better but all in all its fun if you like to drive
You meet people from all over the world
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2019
Every trip is a whole new ex5perience with the people you picked up or the places you travel to. Making your passenger feel safe, secured and friendly
Pros
Bottle of water or candies
Cons
If feeling tired i jst dont go online
Great for a part-time job
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 27, 2019
As a part-time driver, it has been very beneficial to me since it worked with my school schedule. I drove the hours that benefited me and had no pressure to actually go and drive. However, some days can be very slow and income for the day may be very low.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some slow days
Fun to learn new locations for meals and family outtings,
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 27, 2019
I drive into the five boroughs of new York city, I pick up passengers and drop them off at their chosen destinaions, I also pick up food deliveries and drop them off to customers
Pros
I make my own hours
Cons
Driving
The job was decent but was very dangerous.
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 26, 2019
On a normal day my drive was pretty laid back but, I was always nervous because Their was always something new with my customers. sometimes they would have infants with no car seats. Some days I would expect a pickup and when I arrive It would be a lot of people at once. I would get alot of drunk customers. You never know what to expect.
Pros
On your on time
Fun and enjoyable
Driver Partner (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 26, 2019
I like to drive, meet new and interesting people and see parts of the city I've never seen before. I am happy I can help get people to there destination safe and secure.
Pros
Flixible hours
Cons
Wear & tear on my vehicle
Productive Partners and Passengers
Driver Partner (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDMarch 25, 2019
My typical work day was meeting passengers with all jobs and reasons to ride. All are appreciated not to catch the bus during most reliable weather to be on time. Bus they still will ride the bus if the hours were available in their area. Most customer said because of my performance driving for Uber, they will continue to ride Uber for now on. When I spoke to the CEO and the Baltimore Manager they told me the same about their customers.
Not Enough Money
Rideshare Driver (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 25, 2019
Too many miles on car, not enough money to justify it. Too much car cleaning means time not spent working. Sometimes criminals would have to be picked up and transported.
Uber
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 25, 2019
Great for someone who needs a more flexible schedule however there is no real job security or advancement by nature of the company/work type. While enjoyable, there isn't enough money in this to be a primary income for more people.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
at the whim of the market

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
42.3K
31.6K
1914

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably