Uber Partner Drivers Employee Reviews for Independent Contractor

Found 140 reviews matching the search See all 8,564 reviews
Please just don't - take it from a 2 year driver
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  TXMarch 18, 2019
If you like burning up your car, working weird hours, getting disrespected by your customers about half the time (with the occasional drunk puker), worrying for your safety (because you're forbidden to carry anything to protect yourself) all while your "boss" (lol, you're an independent contractor but they act like they own us) regularly reduces your pay (hey, you don't mind getting half what the customer pays, right?) then this is the job for you! I would never let a friend do this, an enemy...hmmm.
Pros
Freedom of hours, self employment
Cons
See description. So much wrong about Uber!
driver
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 17, 2019
Driving with uber i met alot of interesting people, some were rude and some were kind. Often times they would not be respectful and remember that it is my own car that i am using and would disregard that
Troubles with hours
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 24, 2018
While one gets the freedom of working as they please, its also stressful working with limited hours. 12 hours given may be not enough since there are time when one is online but no request. the time he starts to get some request he runs out of time
lot of hours but not a lot of money
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2018
When I first started Uber in 2013 it was really good but over time it started to get bad with the amount of drivers and then with the price cut it just really got hard to make a decent living off of it.
Uber/positives and negatives -Weigh your options!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 31, 2018
This company does give people who are looking for immediate employment and if you have a new car a chance to work right away and earn money. The downfall is that in the Inland Empire business is slow and also no benefits, independent contractor status leave you open to issues if anything happens because you cannot collect unemployment, disability, or any medical benefits. The other downfall is that you need to get commercial insurance to drive which cost more and the wear and tear on your car which is NOT accounted for by Uber. Lastly, Uber does not communicate with you if there is a passenger issue they just take the customers word and deduct funds from your account.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Benefits at all, wear and tear on your vehicle
Fun job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Working with Uber gave me the pleasure of meeting different cultures of people which I do love. You are in a relax setting. The hardest part of the job is when I am in an area and there is no passengers to pickup. A typical day is driving and either picking up customers or delivering food and sometimes packages for the rider.
Pros
You set your own pace
Cons
too many drivers which reduce the amount of rides you can do in a day or less.
Great flexibility
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2018
It really allows me to make extra money, or I could work all day and make a good amount. The best thing is, I slide on to work and off to not it's as simple as that. I get to communicate and network with all my passengers.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Could use discounts on tires and not only regular maintenance
Great job for self motivated individuals
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2018
Great job for someone who needs flexible scheduling, or someone who has some free time that they would like to use to earn extra income. I like it because there is work no matter what part of town you live in. I also like meeting and chatting with new people from all over the country and in some instances, the world.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Wear and Tear on car
Absolutely enjoy driving for Uber
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 27, 2018
I absolutely enjoy driving for Uber with the many discounts they offer to help you take care of your car and yourself. The only thing that affected me was the decisions that I made earlier in life that cause me to have a criminal background and they let me go but I did it to myself Uber didn't do it.
Double Edged Sword
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2018
Easiest job I've ever gotten and easiest job I've ever worked in my life. There are a ton of upsides to being an Uber Partner and the one elephant in the room is money. Uber is completely unfair when it comes to how they treat their drivers which is why I work for them on a very limited basis.
PAY is inadequate
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 25, 2018
NO - Assistance with car maintenance

Very Little Pay

Long Hours to make $200 a day

Very long wait for customer support

Instant pay always under maintenance

Very bad app
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Wear and Tear on car, lack of maintenance, Rude Customer Support
Uber allows for versatility.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2018
I found as long as I was diligent, put in the hours I would see the return. Being able to stay ahead of the bookkeeping, vehicle maintenance, Expenses, and write-offs is a very important part of this. Ensuring your patrons have a safe, clean, and fun environment during their time with you.
Pros
Alot of valuable networking. Opportunity around every corner.
Cons
Late Nights, long distances
Your'e the boss
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  NJSeptember 13, 2018
You make your own hours which is great. You can use this job as a way of making extra money while having a full-time job. The best thing about this job is the flexibility.
If you love javing time & freedom uber is a good place to start but then you eventually need anther income
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2018
I like the ability to work when I want to wanted to work with Uber. However, I began to acrue to many miles on my vehicle and it was putting a lot of wear and tare.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Long wait times in airport ques
Great Side Income
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 27, 2018
Awesome side business for extra cash. Vehicle must be no
older than 8 years from today's date to meet vehicle driving requirements. Great workplace culture. One can meet a diverse population.
Pros
Needs Employee Raise Increase
Cons
No compensation for wear and tare on vehicle.
good temporary job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
- good job to have while in school, as you can create own job hours
- i learned self management skills
- in bigger cities it is more competitive due to the higher amount of drivers
- learned how to deal with difficult customers, and how to provide excellent customer service in less than ideal conditions.
Pros
making own hours
Cons
too many drivers
Good job to pick up some extra money
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 14, 2018
Interesting, work when you want, pay is bad but is good enough to help with bills and have some extra cash for the weekend. Not recommended for a job to pay your rent unless you want to work long hours and seven days a week.
Things aren't always what they seem
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
On the surface, it appears to be a great opportunity, but the wear and tear and depreciation of your personal vehicle, coupled with a decrease in the per mile rate payable to driver partners, and the oversaturattion of too many drivers didn't make Uber a very profitable opportunity after a while. At the inception, it was great, but over time it went downhill, unfortunately.
Pros
work your own hours
Cons
too many drivers and per mile rates decreased
Worked by myself for myself
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 7, 2018
Did not have much contact with Uber itself. I worked by myself for myself. The most contact I had with Uber was delivering an Uber corporate person's order.
Great side job
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 1, 2018
Its a great way to make extra money. I make my own schedule making it very convenient. My only complaint is compensation. Sometimes the down time between rides is too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber Partner Drivers. Our community is ready to answer.

53.1K
42.3K
31.6K
1913

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber Partner Drivers.

Powered by Comparably