Uber Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for Part Time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Good Company to work for part time and make your own hours. But, you don't make much and the mileage on your vehicle will go up at a fast rate. Fun meeting people and making people laugh!
It's Just OK!
Uber Driver and Uber Eats Delivery (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Uber started off fun and exciting but things quickly changed. The more I drove, the more changes they made. The longer I drove, the more money they took. it just doesn't seem fair that Uber takes so much of the fare considering it's your car and you have to keep the maintenance up and gas in it.
Pros
Get paid every day
Cons
Not enough money
Not enough pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 16, 2019
This is a good part time gig but it isn't consistent enough to be full time. Some weeks you have to work 60 hours to make the same as a 40 hour week. The whole make your own schedule is not true because if you don't work peak hours you won't make any money. Traffic is awful too
Pros
you can make money on holidays
Cons
wears car out, have to work too many hours
Uber
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 16, 2019
Stressful without much break time. There is either too many rides or not enough. The pay was too little most of the time for the amount of time and stress involved.
Working for Self
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  MD, VA & DCJanuary 16, 2019
It's up to you as a driver when, where and how much you want to drive on any day. You also have to be the type of person that enjoys meeting people and making friends.
Pros
Set own pace / make own hours
Cons
Pay unstable
Flexible Schedule & Good Earning Potential
RIDESHARE DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The earnings are usually consistent but can be unstable at times. There are almost always bonus opportunities for completing a certain amount of rides within a specific time frame and area. Flexible schedule is nice.
good part time option
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2019
Good part time job in between full time job search. Hours are flexible as you decide when to turn on or off the app, and most riders are great people.
Pros
hours are set by driver
Cons
income is not stable
Horrible Company
Partner/ Rideshare Driver (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I drove for Uber for a little over 4 years. Completed over 9,000 ride requests and maintained a Driver Rating of 4.99 Stars out of 5 Stars. Rating dropped due my not accepting requests for Uber Eats after requesting that Uber Eats be removed from my account. I had to wait over 2 weeks for Uber to remove Uber Eats from my account. Also, I was working one day and received a request to pick up a passenger. long story short, I was involved in a MVA and Uber's insurance did not cover me and has caused me to now have to file for Bankruptcy.
Pros
None to mention
Cons
Too Many to mention
I am glad I had this when my Job went away
Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2019
was doing on the side as a way to pay off debt. it was a life saver when my job suddenly was merged with another district. I do wish that they would take taxes out and pay more of the surge pricing to the driver whom is doing the work not very fair.
Ride Share
Rideshare Partner (Current Employee) –  Spring Grove, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I would give 15 rides per day. I learned how to navigated thru my city using GPS, I also perfected my skill level as a driver. the culture is no different then working in corporate america all the rules are the same for both..The hardest part of the job is adjusting your work hours to drive in prime time hours. I did like the fact that I made my own schedule the harder I worked the more I made.
Pros
Fast money when ever you need it
Cons
No health Insurance
Don't tell people about insurance needed to cover autos in accidents
Uber Driver Partner (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Most passengers friendly some really impolite people. Uber drivers need to know about rideeshare insurance and cost. Lots of criminal type drivers with no respect for other drivers. Management not much better. Rude and obnoxious and unfriendly staff. They don't really care about Whites. Mostly immigrants and inexperienced drivers. Cars that smell like people who sleep in them. Unclean drivers with poor manners.
Pros
No physical work
Cons
Rude and disgusting passengers
I was a contractor
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
If I had benefits I would’ve stayed t the discounts are great! Need to drive black and SUV or holidays to make it worth your time! Also work late hours and know the hotspot areas
Pros
Meet great people and build relationships with great clients
Cons
No healthcare etc
review
Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 14, 2019
it was ok, days were long hours were good, work was hard sometimes, but manageable for the most part, the hardest part of the job was dealing with customers.
Joke
Chauffer (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Uber along with every other independent contracting application is a lazy excuse for people to "work for themselves" when in reality you are still working for a company that will continue to use the entirety of your assets worth against you. They recycle peoples cars and then dont have the responsibility of giving basic benefits and still have the audacity to talk to you on the phone like they own you. Coming from an MBA with a concentration in finance, unless you are in a market that surges a lot (and are willing to work those times) then Uber is a flat out waste of time and money. Honestly being jobless is a better option. Least you will then be thinking about something besides Uber.
Pros
Surging Calls
Cons
Everything else
Poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 14, 2019
Fired because ONE customer's boss lodged a ridiculous complaint. They don't give second chances, and they take the customer's complaint 100% more serious than the driver's rebuttal. And once you're fired, even if it's for a ridiculous reason, it's forever! If you're looking for good, consistent work with a company known for longevity and that cares for their "employees", look elsewhere!!!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Accountability
great job
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
the job is easy due to the fact it is digital funds money never changes hands makes rides and customers safer. its self manageing manage your own time and your own hours make more money drive more.
Pros
bigger bank accounts and manage yourself.
Cons
if you damage your car you lose everything always have a back up.
Terrible management
Personal Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2019
I was treated unfairly as a 5 year veteran. They put to much trust in clients instead of the drivers. They don't care about the drivers. All they care about is the money they make, not the people who represent them on the street.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
My Opinions on Uber
Courier (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJanuary 13, 2019
This is a great company to work with if you have the mindset and mentality for this kind. My only disappointing thing this job has holding it down is not upgrading all there areas with Uber Rush Services
Pros
Work whenever you want
Cons
Obviously only get paid when you log in and make delivery's, or cab civilian/s from destination to destination
Uber
Private Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Uber is a great company to work for, they have made lot of advancements. Their driver platform looks nothing like it did when I started.
With Driver feedback they’ve made great strides .
Pros
Work when you want .
Cons
No room for advancement
Good job lot if miles but not enough money per trip
Uber Driver Partner (Current Employee) –  Merrick, NYJanuary 12, 2019
I have been working for uber for a little over a year now you are your own boss make your own hours but there will be a few things I would change if I was a CEO of the company first I would change uber X rates from 81.cents base rate too 1.25 flat too go 1 mile you are only getting 3.66 on a tipacle 7.00 ride because uber takes almost 42% after there fees.2nd off if your sick you dont get paid theres no one too call it's your own business your are a 1099 subcontractor so you dont get paid if your sick or go on vacation so beware of that you would need too work a 8 hrs a day for 5 day straight too make that money up before vacation.#3 gas and milage first gas on a average I fill up about 3 times a week close too about 120.00 or maybe less depends how busy you are so unless you are doing side work (pt job) too even out your expenses then your not making your weekly average .Mileage now I do about 600-700 a week so if you have a nice car with a lease this job is not for you you need too get a car with either milage on it like pre-owned 2015 or better otherwise uber doent except your car less than 2009.Unless you rent a car but then you are going against your self by working harder more hrs more gas and time so if you rented a car for a average of 140.00 a week for max of a month there goes a weeks worth of pay my opinion dont rent unless the car is less than 100.00 per week and dont get a car were you wont make money in a crossover suv with a third row is recommended since there are alot of clients going out in groups on the weekends.There are pros about this job stress free work  more... when you want good side job too make extra cash but if you live in the nyc metro area you go too the airports or the city you need too drive back too the long island suburbs too get work if you have normal passengers plates if you have TLC plates you are fine too work in the airports and Manhattan and the cost of getting TLC is expensive its self but maybe worth it but a long process and price can go higher than 800.00 but with TLC you can make that back in like 2 days what I hear if I had too give uber a 1-10 star rating I give them maybe a 6 out of 10 stars because I wish they would treat there drivers better with driving promos than just uber eat promos good luck I hope this review is helpful too all remember this is only good for people who have time too kill not like myself I need too do this until I land something good in the meantime. If I do land something good I'll still work with uber just not 6 days a week .I'll go back too my normal 2 day a week thing too make that extra cash .Good luck everyone and remember this job isn't for everyone especially if you have a lease .............p.s I would approve of the CEO but I wish he would pay the drivers sick time give more driving promos (NOT UBER EATS) WERE U HAVE TOO DRIVE IN A CERTAIN AREA TOO.START MAKING GOOD MONEY but I would have too not approve of the CEO unless something better came too the drivers I wish I could be a speaker for the drivers I would lay the law down and change there minds for the future of us and the company.  less
Pros
Work when you want good pay if it XL or higher
Cons
No retirement/benifits excessive wearand tear gas/milage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber.

Powered by Comparably