Uber Employee Reviews

Work anytime you like
Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2018
I will start by turning on my UBER app and clients/riders start popping up for drivers. My phone is continuously accepting riders and taking them to their destination.
your own boss
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2018
enjoy working on your own hours and day make money that you need you are your own boss enough time to work and enjoy your family time great opportunity
Pros
your own boss
benefits
Driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2018
It is a fast moving company. Must be dedicated to driving to make your pay checks. Dealing with erratic people sometimes. But for the most part it is a very blessed job
Driving for Uber is all about your own effort. You can do well or poorly.
Partner Driver (Former Employee) –  Reno NVJuly 13, 2018
Driving 8-10 hours a day.
I learned that all riders are good people
I had no contact with management.
Hardest part of job was waiting long periods with no ride.
I worked alone so the culture was mine.
I loved meeting so many new people.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Inadequate pay.
Can be fun, meeting new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
When I drove for uber they didn't have the "security functions" they now have, we couldn't see what the patron was wearing on exactly what address when we picked up patrons, kind of a guessing game, but it can be a fun job because you can meet new, interesting walks of life just by giving a ride.
Pros
Choose my own schedule
Cons
Picking up strangers alone at night
Low pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 13, 2018
The pay was not enough to cover expenses.
The good thing was that you could make your own hours.
You couldn't control the type of customers you picked up.
is ok as a part-time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
if they provide the car would be good other wise is ok they should pay more because is easy to keep up with the car plus insurance and have enough money to pay bills
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
pay for car wash, car, maintenes, flat tires
Its ok
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Reseda, CAJuly 12, 2018
It could be a good side job. You can work in your free time. There is no direct supervisor. You can earn quite a bit of money if you enjoy driving. You get the chance of meeting different people.
Pros
flexible schadule
Cons
do not have much future
Uber is a nightmare
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2018
Uber started out great, but the recent strategy of flooding the streets with drivers has put long term drivers out of work and creating a financial crisis for new drivers considering a long term concept. The mileage placed on vehicles means you need to at least make double payments every month just to keep up with depreciation of vehicle. There was a time where that could be achieved. Now drivers lucky to make ends meet yet alone keep up with a deprecating vehicle. I do not recommend driving with uber.

Uber also went from taking 20%-30% of what passengers paid to taking 40%-70% of what passengers pay. For a company that handles dispatch services only that is excessive.

The last reason is you have to carry ride-share insurance yourself. If you don't and you in an accident your insurance will not cover you, and the so called million-dollar insurance policy that uber claims to provide is not recognized in the US in any state. The company that issues it cant even be touched by the us Legal system to make them pay up.

Uber also doesn't check or ask if your state requires a for-hire endorsement on your licence (which most states do) so if you get pulled over driving for uber you are subject to another ticket for lack of proper endorsements, your insurance company will be notified and if you don't have ride-share insurance you will be dropped.

In short, uber makes no effort to maintain a survivable market, they do not prepare drivers with correct information about what states require. They hide under self-employed status so they make you responsible for any of the above
  more... issues. On the positive side they are willing to help you get a car that you can't afford to make the payments on working with them and will depreciate at an ungodly rate due to extreme miles attained by driving for uber.  less
Love bwing own boss
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
Love making own hours although the customers don't tip like most over deliver services. If you get a ticket while on a run you are responsible for paying it not uber
Cons
Customers dont tip often
Always busy
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2018
I like uber because I can manage my work schedules. I am always busy working with Uber. I like to interact with the people that I am giving rides. The customers are very friendly
Great
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
I have zero complaints about this company.

You get paid well, you get paid daily, you can work your own schedules, and you meet a lot of interesting people.
flexible hours
Lyft Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
I learned time management and self-discipline. I enjoyed the flexible hours and being my own boss. Unfortunately I did not feel the pay was reliable or that the work was inconsistent.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
down time / lack of work
Easy and Fun way too met great people
DRIVER (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 11, 2018
Uber is great when looking for a job or extra money on the side. It was great for me because I was finishing college. I met great people, made my own schedule. I enjoy working for Uber.
Pros
Work as much as you want
Cons
the wear and tear on my vehicle. no benefits nor advancement opportunity.
Great Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlant GaJuly 10, 2018
Great self employment opportunity. You meet all different types of people. Also learned about a lot of different events going on around the city. The best part for me was learning the city.
Fun
Delivery Specialist Uber Eats (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLJuly 10, 2018
I was my own manager. So if I didn't like the way i did something, all i had to do was tell myself to do better. I worked on my own hours. Oh and it was really fun too.
Pros
fun
Cons
gas
uber is not a good investment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2018
Uber is starting to feel like a scam for the drivers they increase their fees while not increasing the customer fee. It seems as though we are taking the hit everytime uber makes a change. Hardest part of the job is continually making the payments for car problems. Most enjoyable is interacting with customers.
Pros
can stop when ever
Cons
no health care and wear and tear on vechicle is not compensated for
Good starter
LYFT PARTNER (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 10, 2018
Great starter business only downfall is ware and tear on your car and the taxes at the end of the year depending on your situation can be a bit ruff. Overall a pretty good opportunity.
Pros
Owner and Operator
Cons
No room to grow
Interesting work environment, where you are interacting with a busy diverse customer base.
Uber Partner Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2018
Fun and interesting place to work, and having control over your own schedule is nice as well. I would recommend this to a friend as a part time job. It gives alot of experience in customer service.
Pros
Control over schedule
Cons
Compensation could be better
It's really just a side job
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Uber now advertises that they are a "Side Job" company. Basically you do it for extra cash. When I started over 2 years ago I went in with the intention to drive full-time. After 1.5 years the amount of rides I receive had dropped, as well as the price of trips. So now I see less jobs, that cost less than they did before. In NYC you must invest so much of your own money to be licensed to drive in the 5 boroughs, for Uber to just be a side job
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Low pay per trips, slow flow of trips

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight