Uber

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Driving

You drive around. Pick up orders. How much you make is highly dependent on your self disciple , your area / market. It gets boring pretty quickly and you can only make is much money. My 2 cents.

Pros

On your own

Cons

On your own

Toxic Culture for those with Disabilities

I would not recommend Uber to anyone with a disability. I had a manager tell me I had a choice in mine and Uber did nothing about it. I thought this company cared about diversity, but they don’t.

Average experience

Overall nothing special about the company apart from having good benefits. The team culture is okay but there aren't advancement opportunities at all. I would recommend this company with caution unless you're joining at management level.

Its up to you!

With Uber there is a big chance to make money. Thats it. Your attitude and drive to work will be your success or failure. No one will help you and no one will do it for you. It will be slow then it will be busy. I made $200 a day in a non metro city. That was my goal and sometimes would make that in 4 to 6 hrs. Did my shifts anywhere from 8 to 12 hrs in a day no less. If it was slow id park, even if it was 4 hrs. So theres no excuse to say you couldnt make any money. If you hear anyone say it didnt work, I guarantee you that they were not giving the effort. Your own boss! Again its all up to you. Save make money and keep the maintenance on your vehicle up and you will suceed. You will use miles alot of them, so dont start making the excuse that your driving too much. Know what your getting into before making excuses. Uber is a very good opportunity but its all up to you!

Pros

Great pay be your own boss!

Cons

No one will do it for you!

I love basically being my own boss I’m a natural leader anyways

The thing I love most about UBER is that your basically your own boss and there’s nothing too learn because everyone knows how to drive. It also gives you experience in customer service due to the fact that at you are with customers everyday all day and you have to give excellent customer service during there ride with you in order to achieve a high rating. High ratings equal more tides and less chance that someone will cancel there ride with you. I kept a 5 star rating at all times. I this is due mostly to my previous customer service experience so I am able to handle people in all sorts of different moods and still make them laugh with my funny outgoing personality!

Pros

Drive own car

Cons

I have a truck and

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Uber is a great side job, but trying full time you will drown.

This was a great job for me in the beginning but after about a year the trip payout dropped way below what im willing to do for a couple bucks at a time. It was great for a little bit but now its just not a realistic full time job. Its more wear and tear on your car than its worth.

Pros

Work whenever you like

Cons

not a fair payout for the labor

Disappointing

I turned my own car into a Taxi Cab and it ended by costing me big time in the end. Upper management at the time was unaccessible. I learned the hard way not to use a leased vehicle for the job. Mostly nice clients but there are always those few crazies you pick up and can't wait to get them out of your car.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Turns your car into trash and raises your insurance rates.

Easy job

Uber eats is easy and can pay well, but not always. Sometimes the trip is too far and there’s so much traffic that the pay plus tip just aren’t enough. Pay needs to be more and people need to tip more. At least on farther trips or larger orders.

Pros

Work when you want

Cons

Sometimes no work and little pay

It is LGBT friendly

Very open minded environment. Good place to work if you are a woman or LGBTQ. Very difficult to advance otherwise. Hourly employees treated differently (worse) than Salaried employees.

Pros

Free lunches for Salaried Employees

Cons

Snacks for Hourly Employees

Set your own schedule

I love at Uber I set my schedule. I work the days and hours I want. Not sure what else to say , a great part time job. Try Uber it is easy to start.

Pros

Set my own schedule

Cons

Low pay

Jobs at Uber

See more jobs

Good start off job but poor management

Managers are lazy & if you’re looking for a place for advancement you have to kiss a** all over the lazy managers. The pay for all the issues you deal with isnot worth it. Good start up job but not for longevity if you ask me.

Pros

Free lunch, gym membership

Cons

Poor management/no room for growth

Was good until it was shut down.

This was an awesome resource provided by Uber to the local community when it came to in-person customer support. Granite there wasn’t phone to call me BUT this allowed me to help each person one on one face to face. Challenging at times for those who were really needing immediate assistance in which I could not authorize but most of the time I built relationships with drivers. We were the only two offices in Oklahoma which become only one then shut down completely. Majority were issues of renewed tags not being recognized by the digital system or tribal tags. This really was a great job and wish they would bring it back.

Pros

No phones

Cons

Angry mediation from time to time

You can set your own hours

Its a good way to make some fast cash if you're a college student and have a tight schedule. However sometimes it feels like you spend more on gas than you can make back in a day.

Don't do Uber or Uber eats

You'll regret it, they constantly don't pay the expected amount even when the customer increases the tip. They've recently lowered order pay outs for drivers even though they've increased their revenue by billions in the last year. They don't care about their drivers or if they do they don't show it or prove it

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

There’s are good and bad days

Some days u get good trips and tips. Then others don’t. Then u deal with the internet going in and out sometimes. They put alot of notes for each order or apt

Uber Eats

Only regarding Uber Eats delivery. Enjoyed working my own schedule. Part-time extra money. Tried it full-time for 6 months (up to 70 hours per week), just too many car maintenance expenses to do this full time.

Pros

Work your own schedule

Cons

Extra car maintenance expenses

Completely flexible shedual

It was awsome you actually work for yourself. The shedual is completely flexible and that is awsome. Business was great during the pandemic. As soon as the states started opening back up business has slowed way down

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Wear and tear on your vehicle

Great company, some poor leaders

- leadership can be hypocritical & indecisive at times- company pivots so often it's hard to accomplish anything with a 3m+ timeframe- currently undergoing a transformation from start-up to giant corporation

Uber’s work culture is notorious for a reason

3 top managers in my department quit in the 6 months I spent with Uber, ridiculous turnover across the organization and HR does not even collect/review the data to try to solve problems. Employees are underpaid, overworked, and treated as dispensable, zero to no processes established, and countless employment law violations. The legal and immigration teams allow managers/mobility to hire employees without work eligibility, and there are constant layoffs.

Pros

They’re never going to enforce employees actually going back to the office

Cons

no work life balance, bad benefits options, constant management changes

Great until current CEO stepped in and screwed everyone

My typical work day was pick up the bar customers and pray I didn't get rear ended by anyone. That happened and ended my duties as a driver for Uber in 2018. The hardest part is when you literally have to go after the insurance to make sure your medical claims get covered along with your lost wages if you get hurt in an accident while working for them. The hardest part was the random strangers who would want to try something on the driver regardless of who he or she was and I happened to be a she.

Pros

your own boss

Cons

plan on suing if you get into an accident especially not your fault

Good workplace

Uber Expert, mainly looking for potential drivers and informing current drivers on what they can do to make more money. Good work, especially if you are a people person and like to help others. Cool management as well.

Pros

Incentives, more pay

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber.
Powered byComparably

Compare Uber with

• Uber
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?