Uber Employee Reviews

Great self employment
Independent driver (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAMarch 17, 2019
Work on your own time every day! It worked for me considering I have young children and need a babysitter. Good part time job with decent pay. Get to meet new people every day.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Sometimes slow
Avoid like the plague
Driver (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 16, 2019
Well if you like to drive for hours on end and miles for pennies then this is the job for you. You dont even make minimum wage once you add in gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, taxes and toll. They changed the way surge pricing works so you dont even get that anymore. This place is a joke. They flood the markets with way to many drivers and they dont care how that hurts the driver. They dont seem to get it that drivers are the most important part of their company. They treat drivers like dirt.
Pros
No set schedule, work when you want
Cons
To many to list
They have a lot of work to do!
Ride Share Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2019
They have a lot of work to do!
I was an Uber partner, full-time, for over a year and a half.

I can tell you that it is especially not worth it to partner with Uber on a part-time basis! If they get you to take rides for 1 to 2 hours at a time it is never going to be enough compensation to account for the actual expenses. And the sad thing is is that you may not even realize it. It will certainly depreciate your vehicle twice as fast as normal just by using it for part-time partnership with Uber. Their compensation is nowhere close to accounting for this!

It is even questionable when driving for them full-time. The compensation is best when driving during peak hours. Peak hours are evenings and weekends. And you will struggle to get 40 hours of peak drive time in a week even if you drive seven days per week.

Think of a full-time job that strictly pays you for your time, and works you during these peak hours. Picture what you expect to get paid for that. Now, add at least one additional car payment per month (for depreciation), increase your vehicle insurance to meet their standards in your state, purchase your own healthcare insurance, throw in the added expense of cleaning your vehicle daily, plan on getting an oil change once a month at minimum, and your brakes/other car parts are going to wear out 3x as fast as well! Oh, and GAS!!

My experience... NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
Pros
You are your own boss.
Cons
You are your own boss, and you don’t even pay yourself enough!
The worst
Uber Partner Driver (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 15, 2019
Uber will rob you period point blank....when you start you will make buku dollars....and then you will slowly start to make less money and your vehicle will deteriorate and the money you make will go strsit to repairs until u quit
Pros
Great side job
Cons
If you do this full time you will lose
Make your own hours
Partner Driver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 15, 2019
Uber is a great. place to work if you're self-driven and you chose to drive in an area where Uber is popular and needed. I'd recommend to anyone that's looking to ear extra cash.
Treat employees like slaves, make no effort to help, pay frequently wrong
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2019
Only work for Uber if you are in a tight spot and need immediate money. After your incentives dry up the company does not pay anywhere near what you need to live. Then you have to be sure to keep track of every single one of your rides and make sure that you have been paid properly as during the year and a half I've been working with Uber I have been paid incorrectly over ten times. There is also no work life balance as you are going to be on the road the majority of your day working for peanuts. I hope you like using porta-johns because you will be using them frequently and often working for Uber. If you go to the O'Hare airport lot, the toilets that they have set up there are never cleaned and frequently you can see fresh feces spread all over them. Uber also has no problem with locking your account after you've had to do a long ride for suspected fraud. I once had to drive a man 4 hours in one direction only to end up in a state where I could not work because I was not licensed to work, and then had to turn around and drive back on my own dime with no opportunity to make more money and when I arrived back in my home state found my account was locked for fraud. When trying to contact Uber driver support I was told that there was nothing they could do for me, even though my record for the company had been outstanding for over a year. I was left with no money for gas and was unable to work until they decided they would allow my account to be reactivated. Uber knows that they can treat employees however they want because most of them are immigrants who have no other option. Don't  more... be a part of this scum company that goes out of its way to cheat people out while scamming local governments for tax breaks. I have never had such an awful experience with any company.  less
work for close to free
Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAMarch 14, 2019
If your not in a heavily populated area like Hollywood or a big city. you will only be paid normal price it comes out to a lot less than minimum wage and not worth it. I worked 60 hours weekly and barely made $500.00 weekly
Pros
work wherever you want
Cons
not paid hourly
uber driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 14, 2019
lots of freedom when driving for uber.
you can gym, have breakfast, work, take lunch anytime, work, be off work anytime.... supper flexible if you have kids or have a tight school schedule.
Pros
write off all lunch expenses
Cons
1099 job- you have to pay taxes in a lump sum
Good luck
Uber Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 14, 2019
Absolutely too many uber drivers, Lyft's competitors, scooter's killings tourist groups. Poor mileage management, Uber will cheat on you a few cents or a couple of dollars. Too hard to get your missing money and they know it. Making them millions a day extra.
Pros
Cons
7.00 per hour
Non
Uber driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2019
Uber can be good for driving, but it has its disadvantages. Uber takes to long for background checks and I have things to take care of at home such as bills
Great source of second income
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 14, 2019
Working for Uber is a very profitable way to earn a second income and getting to know the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area. I enjoy getting to meet new people and helping passengers getting to their destinations.
Pros
Great source of second income
Cons
Occasional unpleasant passenger
Driving and getting paid is pretty good.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 13, 2019
You pick up all kinds of people and drive them all over I once got a call at 3 am and drove 120 miles each way. it took 4 hours and I went home with 125$ and a 50$ tip. that was 40$/hour for four hours. I would do that twice a day every day where needed.
Pros
paid every week
Cons
all complaints and mistakes must be in writing, email.Its hard to get a call through especially at 4 am.
Transport
Uber driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2019
It's what you make it. If you put the time in, you can do ok financially. I like the fact that I can work pretty much when I want. It would make a great part time job if you needed extra money.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
No benefits
Fun
Uber Eats Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
When working with Uber you have the chance to drive in many areas that you have never been to before. You also have the chance to show customers that you are trustworthy enough to receive a good rating.
As a contractor, you provide your own terms.
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2019
UBER is a great company to work for because you work as a contractor under your terms. You work as many hours as you like or none at all which impacts how much money too...i can potentially earn.
Pros
Opportunity to earn a lot of money
Cons
Put wear and tear on your vehicle
Can be your own boss
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2019
Ride-sharing can be fun but also can be stressful as well. I learned a lot about the area and neighborhoods. The hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated passengers. Daily cash out is an option and convenient.
Pros
Tips and daily cash out
Cons
wear and tear on personal vehicle
Uber is the best ride share!
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 12, 2019
I absolutely love working for uber! I set my own hours whenever it is convenient for me. The pay is fair based on the ride length and distance. I highly recommend driving for uber if you have a car.
I enjoyed driving it was great fit for me
Lyft Driver (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
I mainly drove around the Orlando area. The work was fun & enjoyable. I met a variety of people. Went all around the Orlando areas. The money was good and i didn't mind making my own schedule.
Pros
If you love driving its a great job.
Cons
Hard pin a vehicle
Great Opportunity
Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2019
Great if you need a flexible schedule. I worked mostly during the rush hours. Saturday mornings are great. You have to be prepared to really be on your own. The corporate office was rarely in touch it was definitely email based. Maybe things have changed now.
Nice and friendly people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2019
I enjoyed my time working at Uber. They only down far is once you get your schedule you are stuck with it. I was given a schedule that didn’t work for me and that is why I am not working there now. I am able to go back in 6 months.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, drinks, and good discounts on Uber and UberEats
Cons
Schedules offered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss