Uber Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay to supplement your income
LYFT / Uber DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Some days are better than other must be a people person and be able to have the drive to make the money out there to drive on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is being willing to work peak hours to make the money you need to pay your bills
Pros
Break when you want
Cons
Some people can throw up in your car
fun meet new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 20, 2018
I liked being out and meeting new people. it was fun going places I have never been. It's convient and you work around your schedule. Start and stop when you want to.
Pros
start and stop when I wanted to
Cons
hard to find people sometimes
For those times when a person doesn't have a steady job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2018
It's a job that a person can set their own schedules around it. If you're not able to find a permanent job and have a vehicle available, it's a great way to keep afloat in a world that can be very difficult to maneuver in.
Productive and fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 20, 2018
The job was enjoyable, relaxed and fun. Would recommend it to friends and family. Customers were congenial, respectful and friendly. I would suggest this job to anyone!
Pros
Hours
Flexible work hours
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYMay 20, 2018
Great job for anyone who is successful at self management, has a good work ethic and enjoys self employment as a driver. Great job for anyone who can find ways to make a low paying job profitable after expenses and taxation.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
low paying after expenses
Fun but not a living
Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2018
Was a fun job that I could meet new people and see new places all while getting paid. No upward momentum and not enough pay, but overall a fun experience.
contractor
Limo Driver - Self phone (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 19, 2018
Set your own hours, but had to drive an hour and half to and from work area. Make about $10 an hour but after expenses came to $5 an hour. Put 10k miles on car in 3 months. Never do again.
Pros
self employed
Cons
distance
Perfect for those who don't like a set work schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2018
Uber is the perfect job for those who don't want to work a conventional 8 hours at a desk job. It's super flexible in that you can work whenever you want, for as long as you want. Being a college student Uber was perfect as I could work whenever I didn't have classes, a lot of homework, or a big exam to study for. I will say though that Uber is the type of job that you get out of it what you put in. If you put in the hours you will make great money. You also have to understand that depending on where you live the market can be stable, fluctuate, or be poor. For example in Cleveland (OH) there is a high demand so the majority of the time there are surge prices so Uber drivers make great money. In Columbus (OH) it fluctuates depending on the day, time of day, location and if there's a big event in town like a festival or concert. And finally in a small town the demand would be low because not that many people use or know about Uber so your earning opportunities are lower. Overall it is a really nice convenient job.
The perfect side hustle
Partner (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2018
You make your own hours, you make what you feel like making. It's a pretty cool job, simply drive around at your own pace and talk to people, dont be a dick and your fine.
It works with your schedule
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2018
I love this gig because, it gives you the lee-way to take care of things that you may need to take care of in your personal life. I believe that it also provides a good opportunity for individuals to make some decent money.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
there may be some technical difficulties
customer service
PERSONAL CHAUFFEUR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2018
the working experience was really fun, and was able to learn a lot of new materials from the customers. Besides the learning experience, great interactions with the clients.
Transporting customers to their destinations.
Uber Driver (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMay 18, 2018
This is a driving job of course. I'm here to please my customers as I drop them off to their locations. Trips are taken all over the city and I meet new people every day. Its pretty cool.
Pros
Work on your own time, and get paid daily if you'd like.
Low buisness adventure
Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2018
This job is not for people who have families or responsibilities beyond the wages of 15.00 phr. It requires you to wait up to 30 minutes at times for a rider. This is money lost and time wasted. There is many other people out there driving for the same reason to make extra money or make bills. and more come out of the woodwork when holidays and special events arise.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
requires losing time with family and no holidays
Uber
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2018
As a driver of Uber, I love having my own business. I like being able to jump in my car, go meet people from all over the world and make some money. I have had known issues with Uber. Paid on-time
Pros
Flexible hours, own business
Cons
no paid vacation or sick
Very stressfull
Uber Driver-private driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
Low pay for drivers and no benefit. Mr. Commission(uber) charge too much commission and drivers are getting less money.Some time charge hidden rates like serge pricing to customers.
Work at your on pace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2018
If you enjoy being able to set your on hours, driving and meeting new people UBER is a great job. It also exposes you to places you might not know about.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
Wear and tear on your personal vehicle.
Be your own boss
Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Seattle AreaMay 16, 2018
It is great to set your own hours, meet new people, and find new places to eat. Pretty much a stress-free job and the people are typically nice as well. Easy to do if you want to just make some extra income for yourself.
Could be better
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2018
Overall could be better if the multiplier wasn't taken away. It cost a lot to be an independent contractor. Your cars maintenance, cleanliness, and gas take all of the income you make. There's no way to do this Full time.
Pros
You make your own hours
Cons
Pay scale is always decreasing. No multiplier in Charlotte.
Driver
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 16, 2018
On a typical day, I would open UBER app and accept requesting pick-up and take to their destination. I really enjoyed meeting so many different people and hearing about their homes.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Traffic
This is an online app job
Driver owner (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 16, 2018
Your on your own with this job but if the application is Malfunctioning you can’t seem to get any answers from Uber to get it fixed there for you lose money while working that’s the only downfall I see
Pros
Self Employed you oversee your own hours
Cons
Malfunction of Uber app

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

55%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss