Uber

Uber Employee Reviews

United States1,263 reviews

Found 1,263 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,207 reviews
driverriderridecarvehicledrivingtearpassenger

Terrible management that resulted in loss of contract

Too many chefs in the kitchen when it comes to management which results in contradictions and inefficiencies that would easily be avoided in other similar environments. Lack of accountability on nearly all levels results in months of delays and backlogged and repeated work with no one to address said issues properly. Do not value employees input or take suggestions seriously; management has tunnel vision when it comes to their initiatives.

It's gig work

Living in a major city means steady work and steady income from Uber, especially during peak hours and local events. I've never experienced any major problems that couldn't be solved by calling the customer, closing and restarting the app, or canceling a ride. It's easy, straightforward, and completely on your terms.As long as you like driving and don't mind dealing with people a little bit, it's great.

Uber insights

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

Working for Uber

It’s okay they just need to start to pay a little bit more than what they do. Because gas prices right now are up and down and for the pay they are paying us is not worth it.

Make your own schedule but money is better in bigger cities. Also having choice between uber eats and uber x is great . Work at your own pace. Overall good place to work

flexible

I just like driving around so it’s cool that I can do that and make extra money. Money is not always guaranteed tho and they don’t pay well enough for long rides.

Delivery

Good pay if you're willing to work. The more you take on, the more you will earn. Meet lots of unique people, and earn tips. Terrible on your vehicle but if you have electric, you should be fine.

Fun, flexible, rewarding experience

Ability to work when you want is the best part. Riders are respectable and appreciative for the most part. Sometimes it is challenging especially when location pickups are not coordinated correctly in the app or the rider is in a location that is not accessible, but people tend to be understanding.

Get's the job done

Get in, get your money, get out. Nothing wrong with the job if you know what you're doing.Track your miles, track your income, track your expenses, track everything.You need to know how much you're making and you need to know how much you need to make so you can go online enough to hit your personal quota.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

can be physically painful to drive long time

Needs more orders.

Uber needs to tell you how far the ride is before you accept it. Also you need more Uber eats orders because the gas that you spend to ride around should balance itself out so you can actually make money.

Flexibility

Good thing about rideshare is its very flexible and you work in your own time and schedule no boss. The cons is the pay is not very stable and the gas price and car maintenance.

Driver support

Uber doesn’t care about its employees. We’re replaceable. Driver support is the absolute WORST. Every single issue gets an automated response. Nothing gets fixed. We get deactivated for nothing. They ALWAYS believe the customers no matter what. Never bother to hear our side of what happened. It’s ridiculous. The only few upsides is that there’s no schedule and the money is somewhat decent.

Awesome part-time opportunity

I enjoyed working part-time and full-time for ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft because I had the opportunity to manage two jobs seamlessly, giving my first employer the flexibility to schedule my hours as they need be. My day could begin wherever I was and sign out when I completed my goels for the day/night. Riders ranged from workplace to home, visiting friends, doctor visits, nightime party people, etc. All my riders were pleasant and I enjoyed every single trip.

Got worse over time

Working at Uber was okay. You get to chill in your car and drive people around, listening to your music. The app is very frustrating to work with and often glitches. Riders can be very friendly or very rude, some silent, some very talkative. If you like people and need to choose your own schedule, not a bad deal. Expect to take home $15 an hour after you compensate for gas, car maintenance, and other expenses - and I was getting 40mpg. Also, expect to have no control over where you are driving. Doesn’t matter where you start - you will end up VERY far away. And “route to” navigation does not work. Overall, I would not do it again, but it worked for when I needed it.

Pros

Work whenever you want

Cons

Little control, management doesn’t care, mediocre pay

Debatable

Where do I begin. Uber is an absolute cesspit. It's good on one end if you're fortunate but if not you're screwed. Do not take uber as full time. You'll get alot of awful orders. Also uber hides tips over 8$. Uber Support is absolutely awful

Alright job for side money

Alright job for side money, but i am not going to do this forever. You really are alone out there even though they say they are there to help you. People can be weird sometimes.

Great for aittle extra quick cash

Too much wear on your car to do full time or long term. Great for quick extra cash here and there. It's nice to be able to pick and choose whenever you want to work but pay is a bit lacking for what they charge clients

Pros

Work whenever you want

Cons

Kills your vehicle

Easy money

Easy money. If you like dealing with people it’s the right job for you. Work on your own time. Pay instantly. No managers. No coworkers unless you literally meet someone else who does Uber.

Terrible job

Uber is the worst company ive ever worked for the management team does not care about the driver at all. They will literally allow passengers to spit on you and kick your car and then deactivate you for anything that someone wants to make up about you. There is no driver support at all.

Self employed

No clock to punch but with the price of gas it’s hard to make enough money! 5 years with 5star ratings and I’ve never gotten an increase in base pay.. only 10% of the riders tip their driver!

Interesting and Relaxed environment

Good company to work for schedule your work and ability to accept or decline orders, daily pay as well. Hardest part of the job is finding customer address.

You can start when ever and end when ever. You can work around any busy schedule you have.

Working for uber eats you can start and do as much as you want. As you feel like your done for the day you can end it any time. If you need help with any thing you can simply call uber support. You can do it as of car, bike even walking. It's the best.

Common questions about Uber

Answered by current and former employees at Uber

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber.
Powered byComparably

Compare Uber with

• Uber
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?