Uber

• Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Sense of belonging

Driving

You drive around. Pick up orders. How much you make is highly dependent on your self disciple , your area / market. It gets boring pretty quickly and you can only make is much money. My 2 cents.

Pros

On your own

Cons

On your own

Just ok

Great as a part time. However I'm not sure what the hype is about going home with $300 a day. Maybe I'm doing uber wrong but I'm barely into my month. I don't like they take away your gold status based on performance.

Pros

Work when you want.

Cons

Wear and tear.

Good for Flexibility

The pay was better years ago but now, with so many drivers I’m sure, pay isn’t what it used to be. It is great for some extra cash for people that need a flexible schedule but the wear on your vehicle and gas can really add up!

It's bad bad

Like really bad it use to be a really good company but they are bleeding to the drivers dry. The people on here who tip is the only savings grace because otherwise it's a struggle.

Pros

Freedom

Cons

Pay

Flexibility

The pay isn’t that great but it’s decent extra money. I love the flexibility of logging on and off as needed. Pre Covid, the pay and extra incentives were great. They have since been reduced

Pros

Flexibility, financial perks

Cons

Low pay

Make little money pay for your car and gas not good unless it’s just a side job

Most of the supports stuff only know enough English to answer questions on a scrip so you have no help with most things no boss to talk to or anything they are really bad for

Money to pay bills

I have fun with most riders. I meet people from all walks of life. The best part is I'm able to pay bills on time and have money for vacations. Everyday I work, I get paid in minutes. If I need extra, I drive a little longer I work when I want to. If I want a day off, I take it. I love that about working with Uber. 😀

Pros

Make money

Cons

No health care. Responsible for 100 percent of car repairs

Uber Eats used to be a great department

After the layoffs in 2019 and 2020, the culture never recovered. Teams began focusing on short term goals and surviving. Feature development became a game of copy-our-competitors rather than innovating. Leadership micromanaged in order to regain control, which only backfired because people couldn't do work without layers of approval.

Pros

Interesting product space, smart coworkers, decisive leadership

Cons

constantly changing objectives, micromanagement, distrust and land grabbing between teams, hustle till you drop culture

Convenient but the pay sucks

The pay isnt that great. You have to pay for your own gas and travel far distances with little pay. You only get paid in tips and theres No hourly pay. When you take out the gas money and total the money made its less than minimum wage so your better off with another job that pays at least minimum wage. The only thing thats good about the job is you can work anytime you want. Good for a little side hustle

Pros

Can work anytime on your own schedule

Cons

The pay is not that great

Used to get paid good

The pay used to be amazing you could actually live off of it but now it’s just wear and tear on your car in a waste of time. The customer service is only from Asia and India so they can’t comprehend your issues and never answer your questions and lie about issues.

Pros

Work alone

Cons

Horrible customer service, no English customer service reps, and horrible pay

Jobs at Uber

See more jobs

Make no money

You can work for 8hr and not even make 100 dollars. And they don’t even give or any incentives for you to work or care about the customers order. Not good even for side money

Pros

Own boss

Cons

Everything else

They Used to Pay Great

No longer a good gig job, they would pay me up to 60 an hour to deliver food for people but now I make about 6 an hour. Many of their customers are still paying insanely high fees which I am receiving none of. They do not care about their drivers and invite new people to the platform just to pay their longer standing employees less.

Pros

Set your own schedule, incredibly easy

Cons

Small compensation, little to no support

Workplace culture

The workplace culture wasn’t bad in the beginning but after a few years it became horrible. The managers all micromanaged us and it was not a good environment to work in.

Fun

Good money meet new people. I like the fact that I work in the city and I get the opportunity to meet slot of new interesting people j also get paid and tips

Uber was a great place to work! Great hours, great environment, great pay and the managers were easy going. I loved the location of the building and the break times were enough for you to reset for the rest of the day.

Toxic Culture for those with Disabilities

I would not recommend Uber to anyone with a disability. I had a manager tell me I had a choice in mine and Uber did nothing about it. I thought this company cared about diversity, but they don’t.

Average experience

Overall nothing special about the company apart from having good benefits. The team culture is okay but there aren't advancement opportunities at all. I would recommend this company with caution unless you're joining at management level.

Its up to you!

With Uber there is a big chance to make money. Thats it. Your attitude and drive to work will be your success or failure. No one will help you and no one will do it for you. It will be slow then it will be busy. I made $200 a day in a non metro city. That was my goal and sometimes would make that in 4 to 6 hrs. Did my shifts anywhere from 8 to 12 hrs in a day no less. If it was slow id park, even if it was 4 hrs. So theres no excuse to say you couldnt make any money. If you hear anyone say it didnt work, I guarantee you that they were not giving the effort. Your own boss! Again its all up to you. Save make money and keep the maintenance on your vehicle up and you will suceed. You will use miles alot of them, so dont start making the excuse that your driving too much. Know what your getting into before making excuses. Uber is a very good opportunity but its all up to you!

Pros

Great pay be your own boss!

Cons

No one will do it for you!

I love basically being my own boss I’m a natural leader anyways

The thing I love most about UBER is that your basically your own boss and there’s nothing too learn because everyone knows how to drive. It also gives you experience in customer service due to the fact that at you are with customers everyday all day and you have to give excellent customer service during there ride with you in order to achieve a high rating. High ratings equal more tides and less chance that someone will cancel there ride with you. I kept a 5 star rating at all times. I this is due mostly to my previous customer service experience so I am able to handle people in all sorts of different moods and still make them laugh with my funny outgoing personality!

Pros

Drive own car

Cons

I have a truck and

Uber is a great side job, but trying full time you will drown.

This was a great job for me in the beginning but after about a year the trip payout dropped way below what im willing to do for a couple bucks at a time. It was great for a little bit but now its just not a realistic full time job. Its more wear and tear on your car than its worth.

Pros

Work whenever you like

Cons

not a fair payout for the labor

Disappointing

I turned my own car into a Taxi Cab and it ended by costing me big time in the end. Upper management at the time was unaccessible. I learned the hard way not to use a leased vehicle for the job. Mostly nice clients but there are always those few crazies you pick up and can't wait to get them out of your car.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Turns your car into trash and raises your insurance rates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Uber. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Uber.
Powered byComparably

Compare Uber with

• Uber
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?