uBreakiFix Employee Reviews

Great place with great people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 17, 2019
You will never find a better job. ITs a great mix of tech coming in so your never bored doing the same thing over and over again, you get to see new things all the time.

The people are great, the owners are awesome and even after leaving are still friends and family.
It's ok
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 14, 2019
Be careful who you get as an owner of the store you would like to work at. Each one is different and they hold the right to have benefits or give paid time off. Its ok most of the time.
Really
Phone Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2019
I worked there when it first opened, I helped with a few thing to set the store up. The training was in New Orleans and I was able to do my job but when all of us got back to the lafayette store. I was told my SELL SCORE WAS low. Well when you have someone taking your customers and nothing was set up in my name. Dang you think I would have a score.
Pros
Maybe the co-workers
Cons
Not a bad place to work, pay is horrible.
Crew Leader, Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Brookhaven, GASeptember 12, 2019
Understandably pay is low, if this job paid 14.00 it would be great. There is so many things that can be done to make this job enjoyable and at the same time expand the knowledge of the tech and the consumer. I think were missing some important plot points.
Poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2019
Started out at $10 an hour, got $2 raise after 90 days.. had that for 2 years, then got promoted to assistant, so got a dollar raise, in same year I got promoted to manager, was promised $14 to start then work up from there.. worked as manager for over a year and never was given what I was promised. Instead I watched district tell people they were easily replaceable and that they as an individual did not hold value to the company, and talk about how they would cut hours or make people go to stores out the way to get them to quit vs firing. Poor management overall
Pros
Health care
Cons
Everything else
Nice place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAAugust 30, 2019
It is a franchise so corporate managment isnt really a thing there, the work itself is fun, and if you bargin you can get raises.
The only downside would be the insurance companies that uBreakiFix is in partnership with and the frustration that they cause the customers that come into the franchise.
Better off working at Walmart
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2019
During the interview these guys painted a picture of a job where they care about customers and employees offered great training and benefits and room for advancement. After working there for well over a year it became very apparent that none of these things were ever going to be true. They would continually make contests to earn spiffs for selling certain items but would always add fine print after reaching the goal in order to get out of paying The spiffs. We were all promised paid time off holiday pay and 401k during our interviews but after being hired they flat-out told us that would not be happening. Constant micromanaging and scheming on behalf of the management. I have to say this was probably one of the worst places I have ever worked and it is solely due to the management. We were constantly not paid on time which they blamed on the payroll company and would promise that they were switching companies but never would. My general manager was a great guy and tried his best but the management above him really didn't care about any of us. It became so bad that me along with the entire crew, other than one new person, walked out. I really hope that they will read this message and that it inspires growth in them in order to retain future employees, the company has great potential but with the current management it is inevitably going to fail.
Very Formal and Fun
Had a great time learning more about customer service and how it relates to the industry. I learned basic iPhone fixes and remedies. Dealt with inventory and made sales. Worked toward a goal and made many advancements toward being a more knowledgable tech and customer service representative.
Fast paced with downtime
Electronic Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 12, 2019
Work was not to hard, but there are some devices that doing certain repairs can cause problems with other components and when letting the customer know the risks and still want to go through with repair and the problem arises and the customer complains can make a good day go sour.
Pros
watch/listen to anything while working or if no work is currently in
Cons
no benefits
Stay away
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALJuly 26, 2019
The worst job I had so far.. I was manager and knew NOTHING about phone repair.. and they expected me to train new techs.. alot of mess ups.. the owner was AWFUL, and always expected something for nothing.. never got paid all my money because he was mad I quit
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager/Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2019
Great for someone just getting into the electronics repair field, especially if shifting out of a customer service position. Pay is among top in the industry, and there is plenty of room for advancement through diligence. Highly recommend.
If you have no Technical skills, good place to work depending on location
Manager/Trainer/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 15, 2019
10-7 work shifts, rarely any holidays off. Not enough techs to cover shift if you are sick or have an emergency. If you don't have any technical repair skills it's a good place to start, of course depending on location considering they are all franchised locations. Some places have better store owners than others.
Pros
stable work
Cons
low pay, stressful work environment
Good for learning and then finding a better job
Manager/ Sr. Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2019
They will teach you how to fix a lot of different things, but dont expect anything else besides that. the pay is terrible, the management only cares about customer's and making money and not at all about the employees. If you get a job here, be sure to keep applying to other places so you can get a better job with the training they give you
Results May Vary
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2019
I loved working here. There are just a few issues I take with the company as a whole, and the owner of the franchise within this area.

DM and GMs for each store are, generally speaking, very good people. They all have flaws, and some can be difficult to work with, but at the end of the day all of my coworkers were collaborative and helpful.

The job itself is as stressful as it is rewarding. There can be big crunch to get repairs done, and if the queue isn't managed properly, you're in for 9 hours of constant high-tension crunch that may be interrupted at a moment's notice by the next customer.

The stress due to mismanagement, the pay rate (lower than industry standard), lack of hours and benefits, and some personal qualms with the managers I had prevent me from returning.

That, and the owner ONLY cares about his bottom line. The only people that will take care of you are your managers, and they can only do so much.

If you're looking to learn how to repair small devices and troubleshoot electronics in general, this is an excellent company for an entry level position. If you don't see yourself advancing, I would look for more opportunities to advance elsewhere.
Clean, organized work environment, Great Managment
Cellular Hardware Technician (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 10, 2019
A typical day consisted of intake. logging, and repair with the occasional ordering of custom parts. I learned about repairing computers / laptops as well as software solutions for fixing bugs in customers' systems. The culture was very friendly and group oriented with total transparency. The hardest part of the job was figuring out what to do with down time between repairs. I particularly enjoyed the technical hands on challenge of the job!
Laid back but don't get comfortable
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 30, 2019
You learn a lot on the job and there is always a possibility to advance. Managers are never in the store, technicians are left to make the managerial decisions. Any (and every) technician is an assistant manager. They will load you with responsibilities but not pay you for it. For how much work the technicians do, the pay is not worth it. If you want to go to school and work here or you only want part time, forget it. They will only hire full time employees and they are very picky about who stays and who goes. They tend to hire people that are young. The technicians that work there are fantastic and professional but the management is totally unorganized and spread very thin. The systems are easy to navigate. Cleanliness is a must. It's a pretty good job and you learn how to fix a lot of things but it gets old very quick. From the amount of time that I have been working there, I would personally say that the job isn't really worth it, but it is a great place to start if you are interested in tech. Make sure you dress nice for an interview, you would be surprised how easily people get turned down.
Pros
laid back, well paced, clean, good employees
Cons
poor management, horrible pay
Fun productive environment, great place for Technology field experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2019
Fantastic job, small team environment we were like a family there. Not the best pay but worth it in job experience.for someone like me who is obsessed with Technology and will be staying in the computer field.
Very busy at times, and a lot to learn
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 19, 2019
Working for both samsung and google through uBreakiFIx, gave me the opportunity to learn about both companies and how they function. I have learned a lot about their ins and outs of both companies about how they handle their employers, their merchandise, and how they treat their customers. UbreakIfix is a great place to start your bath in an IT career. You get a lot of exposure and you can learn a lot.
Pros
A lot of exposure to the electronic field and a lot to learn
Cons
sometimes you get so busy you can not take a break.
Review
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 10, 2019
When I first started with Ubreakifix, I absolutely loved it! I learned so much everyday.however, towards the end of my employment the comapany shifted its vision to suite more of a corporation then the home town assistance. I found myself no longer in alignment with their corporate goal and resigned.
UBreakIFix Was the best introductory tech job second to none.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 3, 2019
It was amazing working here, everybody shares fantastic ideals about what we should do for our customers, and depending on who you work for given it's a franchise there's plenty of friendly and diverse people to meet and work with throughout your time there. I am very happy to say I worked there and at times I wish i had stayed, however the pay was a bit low starting out, it quickly became better so long as I did my job well and projected the right ideals into the work environment
Pros
Fantastic culture, great benefits, good entry-level experience
Cons
Low pay Starting out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at uBreakiFix. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at uBreakiFix.

Powered by Comparably