uBreakiFix Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
UbreakiFix is a good company, but stay away from franchise owners
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  RichmondJuly 9, 2018
i am with holding a review from this company as the store i worked at only had 4 employees and would be very easy for me to be identified. Franchise owner backed out and all lost jobs.
Pros
days off
Cons
everything else
Laid back and productive place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO 80129July 7, 2018
The company is a great opportunity to learn a lot about technology. The hours were good, they were also flexible with days off and caring about your issues. Working for uBreakiFix really showed me a lot about the management side and what it meant to really run a store from all aspects.
Good starting point
CELLPHONE REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2018
UBIF as they call it is a decent place to get started if you're looking to break into IT work, but it will never be a place to make a career. Its pay is low (well below what it should be for the specialized work their technicians do) and there is literally no advancement opportunity (or at least when I was there there was no advancement possibilities.
Pros
Learned some skills
Cons
Terrible pay, no possible advancement.
Easy Work Flow
Store Manager, Computer & Mobile Device Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 27, 2018
If you like repairing electronics, this is the perfect occupation. Room for growth, franchise benefits, be your own boss, limitless amount of electronic information/growth.
fun, exciting and friendly
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
This is a great place to work, a place you can stand behind it. I will miss the culture that was so productive but yet so fun. Managment is good, Its fast paced and growing quickly.
Pros
Ceo, Mission, Cultre
Extremely underpaid.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJune 14, 2018
I never actually took a job here but the pay they offered me was laughable. Literally, I laughed when they told me what they were willing to offer me. They wanted me to counter offer but their initial offer was so low, it wasn't even worth the breathe. Their hours are horrific too. Not only did they want you to work every weekend, they want you to work a shift right in the middle of the day, 10am - 7pm. If your young and single and just starting off, this would probably be a great job but trying to establish a career at an older age, forget spending time with family and kids the weekends goodbye.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hours, pay, nothing challenging
Good Company
San Antonio - Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Converse, TXJune 12, 2018
The store closed that is the only reason I left the company or I would still be there. It was fun fixing different type of phones like the iPhone and Samsung.
Good entry job, but find something that pays better.
Electronics Repair Technician - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMay 29, 2018
I loved working for this company. I butted heads with managers a couple times, but that is just me. Still, they worked with me on that.

Always new stuff to learn and work on, which is great. Co-workers are good people.

Once you get pretty skilled, you realize how little they pay for the work you do. But, the company cant afford more since the profits are cut by franchise fees.

If you want to get into the field, this is a good job to start with, but start honing your skills for what you want to branch into.
Pros
Great work environment. Plenty to learn. Always something new.
Cons
Owners can be a bit absent. Low pay for the skills.
UbreakIfix Summary
Technician (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 22, 2018
It is at first a great place to work even when you don't have experience working with repairing though that quickly changes if you aren't repairing multiple devices at once. As the influx of devices seems never ending but I always made sure anyone who came in after a repair I provided a case or a screen protector to prevent further damages. The workplace culture can be fun and easy going but its hard to keep anyone working there long enough. The hardest part of the job is staying focus while having a backlog of repairs. The best part is the dress code and being able to manage yourself to a certain extent.
Pros
Dress code, the pay
Cons
Managers, workflow, work enviroment
Productive and Fun Workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2018
Great workplace, with promotions available and excellent management. Many locations that are will to start with above average pay with fair raises, and flexible hours
Dead End Job
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2018
The company is growing but there is no room within the company for employees to grow or for that matter have a personal life. DO NOT work here if you enjoy a work personal life balance. Guaranteed to work every weekend, FOREVER
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Death trap
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 3, 2018
Working at Ubreakifix is great, but like every job it has its ups and downs. Some days go by smoothly and others are like a roller coaster, but overall I enjoy working there.
Great job
Store Manager/Tech (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 7, 2018
Wonderful tech job, provide adequate training and customer satisfaction is absolutely number one priority. Laid back work atmosphere, great management in general
Pros
Samsung and google discounts
Cons
Raises aren’t too often
Good Skills w/Low Pay
Cellphone Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2018
Continuous work throughout the day either updating the RMA inventory or handling new devices from customers. Never boring, even on slow days, the job culture made time fly-by. Pay was NOT rewarding as my coworkers were well above thirty years of age and deserved a higher wage than $9/hour. Management spent $6,000 to train each of us to perform the job safely, efficiently, and quickly. When times were hard management would lend a hand with repairs or assist with the FOH operations. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to various devices. I found it easier to focus solely on Apple devices and later transition to Samsung since that was my preference. The easiest part of my job was performing the repairs and providing superior customer service.
Pros
Benefits & valuable skills
Cons
Short breaks, weekend shifts, & low pay
Computer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 4, 2018
(*****This only Applies to the Columbus Stores, the other locations are ran vastly different in my experience.)

The management positions at all of the stores are filled by young adults with poor leadership skills who are chosen based on their repair skills rather than their ability to teach and lead. This causes a lot of uncertainty in the workplace because if management can't deal with the stress then it will get passed down to employees. The rules are almost always broken whenever necessary. Management may do something not exactly in the policy for one customer to go the extra mile just to subtract that mile from another customer with no rhyme or reason. Doing this is fine to an extent, but it will absolutely cause confusion for you as a newer employee. You will find yourself creating loopholes to benefit profit margins at the expense of the customer.

The training received is extremely lackluster and has zero follow up. You'll spend most of your time looking up videos done by 3rd parties.

Compensation works on a rudimentary "pay map". You will always start at 10$ and will work through this tech sheet to get small raises. Not necessarily wrong but most of the time you'll need to pester management to get it checked off, then you'll need to wait weeks to months before you see the raise. There are ZERO benefits. The pay is also based on bonuses that you'll have little control over and your coworkers have a high influence on. This is fine except they push it as an "individual's" review.

The job itself is a lot of fun. While you'll mostly do phones, you're going to
  more... end up repairing things you never even knew you could. You also don't always have to clock out to eat your lunch which is nice.  less
Pros
Fun
Cons
No fixed Schedules, Terrible management. Low pay, Zero benefits
Poor Managment/Ownership
Technician (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 15, 2018
I started off at this job liking it a lot, however if your stores sales are down you will get told off by Management and the owner of the store. However most of the responsibilities of this job falls on the management, and the management at this job sucks, they can be extremely lazy and hard on employees that are lower in the company. They do not coordinate well with their employees at all and will leave them in the dark with many different things, and will not do or forget things that are vital to customers needs.
Productive and Fun
Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 4, 2018
Working at UBreakIfix is very fulfilling and fun. While its not best, it is an excellent starting point if you want to get into the tech industry. the training was great and management is very friendly. the environment is relaxed but customer flow is unpredictable and could get busy really fast. Overall, a great company to work for.
Amazing people to work with. You never run out of things to learn.
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood, ORJanuary 31, 2018
Amazing work environment, amazing people. The work culture is professional, though it is also intentional. The management truly cares for its employees and love to take care of them. The best part of the job is you never get tired or your job. Everyday a new device comes in the shop- weather it be a phone, game console, snow globe, or lamp- and you get to figure out how to fix it. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company.
Pros
Highly discounted repairs, relational environment, flexible hours
Cons
none!
Worse Job Ever
Senior Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Don't get me wrong, the COMPANY is great. It's the franchise owners and managers that are hit or miss. Started off great with paid training in Florida. Was promised advancement to a manager position in 6 months as well as a pay raise, decent hours and paid vacation. After training got none of that. Worked there for a year in a stressful as all else work environment with a manager that literally had no idea what he was doing and wouldn't listen to employees that actually knew a thing or two about running a business. Worked there for 3 months by myself every single day for 10+ hours. Horrible pay, dealing with customers while my manager was gone for hours at a time. It only got better relatively.

This isn't even an isolated incident. This company is known for having horrible managers and franchise owners that grind their employees down to the ground. All while ripping off customers.
Pros
good learning experience if you're new to tech
Cons
bad managers, horrible pay, no career advancement
Great job if you can handle it.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 19, 2018
My experience with ubif was one that most have had, a bit stressful at times but overall a fun job. I looked forward to going into work just to see what new challenges hit my repair desk. A lot of the time you will be busy with repairs, answering questions over the phone, or front of house but it was rewarding in my opinion to have a happy customer at the end of sale. Techs are the main blood of ubif so we were like a family, at least the location I worked at was. Pay was rough and you had to twist arms to get a advance in pay but it is possible.
Pros
Owener would sometimes buy lunch, fun if you like all things tech
Cons
No health coverage, pay could be better