UC Berkeley School of Optometry Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Challenging workplace with tons of supportive coworkers
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 30, 2016
UC Berkeley school of Optometry is a topnotch research institution with amazing coworkers, friendly staff and supportive PI's. My time hear has been both rewarding and challenging, making me a better scientist and helping me push the envelope of both my personal abilities as well as the field in general.
Pros
Great resources, friendly coworkers
Cons
No paternal leave, low pay
Fun place to work, very diverse place to work
Admin Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 15, 2015
I am responsible for checking patients in, pulling and verify insurance, collect payment, place orders, billing, blocking lenses, pulling lenses, edging lenses and answer multi-line phones. Responsible for processing and operating patient orders for 6 out clinics. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy patients. The best part of my job is meeting new people and knowing patient by name and face and being able to assist them with there needs.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Further from home
Decent place to work with friendly staff
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CANovember 12, 2014
Good place to have a stable job, but not so much room for upward growth. People tend to move laterally here.