UC Davis Health System Employee Reviews

Sounds nicer than it is
Psychologist II (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 13, 2018
Mental health employees are a very small subset of the employees in UC Davis. Therefore, there are very few opportunities for advancement and unreliable bargaining for competitive pay. If you are a nurse or something, I am sure it is much better.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Pay
its suppose to be patient care
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 31, 2018
stressful job, short handed, had to do my work and everyone elses job when all the other girls are on the internet and chit chatting while management was in on it as well. complained constantly and nothing was done about it. horrible patient care as well
A great place for patient care experience and advancement
Health Unit Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 3, 2018
As a new hire, I have so far had the greatest experience here by far. The nursing staff, the manager of the unit and every one has been absolutely supportive and welcoming. Everyone works as a team to make sure patient recieve the best care as possible. Work hours are flexible and its easy to manage.
Great work place
Hospital Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 23, 2018
Had a wonderful experience at uc med center . One of my first jobs and it was a great l arming experience and took in so much from the management. If I got offered the position again I would take it
Pros
Pay great
Cons
Temp
Collaborative and growing opportunity
Administrative Officer II (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2018
UC Davis Health is a great place to work. They offer competitive pay and free career training for job related skills to help you advance your career. Good health benefits are offered and their pension plan is great.
Poor management
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 19, 2018
I felt unfairly treated when it came to trying to defend myself accusations. Things I was supposed to had done, wasn't true and I didn't get a chance to state my side.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unfair management
Department team-building and management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2018
Super busy was a typical day at UCDH, constantly working
Systems management responsibilities
Management skills, time management
Business culture, professionalism
Unexpected demands, and prioritizing projects schedules
Showing up to work, working with the Teams
Pros
Flexiable assignments
Cons
Healthcare dynamics
Patient care
Angio Technologist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2018
Patient care is the most important part of my job. We work with various types of patients and their medical needs. Some cases are simple and some can be challenging.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Unscheduled breaks and lunches.
Should have ample experience
Patient Account Representative III (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 31, 2018
Daily tasks included: Hospital or patient accounting department functions, operations and procedures, Medical terminology, procedure and diagnosis coding sufficient to assess accuracy of patient accounts to submit to third-party insurers.
Verified all returned claims are re-edited in accordance with all billing laws, also verifying that the correct coding meets the National standards.
Operation of online computerized patient accounting systems and/ or electronic billing systems, accounting practices and procedures common to accounts receivable. Performed general clerical office practices and procedures, meeting company productivity goals.
Data elements for UB04/ 1500 forms appropriate to third-party billing standard, hospital and patient accounting department functions, insurance policies and their benefits, data processing input devices for accounts receivable practices and procedures. Ensured management received thorough communication on project progress via verbal, email, and phone communication.
Pros
Great pay rate.
Cons
Should relocate for job.
Enriching learning environment.
Senior Telemetry Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 29, 2018
Workplace culture here is excellent. Employees encourage others to perform at their optimum capacities. Feel very comfortable sharing ideas with others without the feeling of ridicule or judgement from colleagues. Management does NOT micro manage its employees.
Pros
Learning opportunities abound.
Cons
Have to pay for parking amenities.
Job that pays well and provides good benefits but with poor mangement
Parking Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 21, 2018
UC Davis Medical Center pays their employees very well and offers tons of great benefits. It is definitely a job you would want to make a career at. Unfortunately, my specific department has gone downhill in the last year or so. We are severely understaffed, including management. We have management who do not know what they're doing. Management that has to ask staff members how to do things. They are also very unorganized and do not communicate with staff or other management. It is a very good job, but currently a very stressful job as of the last year or two.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, laid-back
Cons
Poor management, low staffing, lacks communication
Productive Progressive place to work
Medical Office Service Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time at UCD Health Services. I did have many opportunites to be a proactive and dependable employee. I enjoyed the people and management in my office at Placer Center for Health.
Pros
Small Office
Cons
I dont recall
Collaboration among fellow case managers was a strong draw. Lack of work life/personal life balance was a deal breaker
RN Transfer Center/RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 10, 2018
A typical day as a case manager involved reviewing the patient case load for imminent discharges and probable discharge planning needs, clarifiying orders with the medical team and securing DME or arranging services to enable a safe discharge. Collaboration with other disciplines to plan for complex care needs and communication with outside vendors via Allscripts ( an electronic referral system) and or direct telephone contact to coordinate the outgoing needs of the patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the families. The hardest part of the job was finding time for UR during the course of our day. It required so much time and we were often short on staffing . Getting the minimal amount of charting done to reflect that we reviewed the charts for potential discharge planning needs was difficult if not impossible let along the large numbers of reviews we were expected to complete on a daily basis, forward to insurance companies and document for the university to see. and for financial teams and accounting to bill.
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
no breaks and frequent interruptions to the work flow
N/a
Occupational Therapy Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2018
A very good teaching hospital. I gained a lot of hands on experience during my intern position. Fast pace hospital and caring staff throughout all floors of the hospital
Excellent for Autonomy...If...
Programmer IV/Application Programmer III (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 11, 2018
UCD is siloed, so a given skillset in demand in one department might not matter at all in another. This makes intra-departmental support difficult, but the developers on campus have set up their own processes for supporting one another.
It was a great place to work and learn
PHARMACY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2018
Very busy work days with patient focus in mind. Have plenty of people willing to teach and help. Big on cultural diversity. I had the opportunity to work in the different pharmacy's they had. Both outpatient as well as inpatient. Other employees and staff like Pharmacist, Physician and Nurses always willing to help and friendly.
Pros
Great benefits, like health insurance, retirement 401k
Upper Management in the clinics are terrible
Lvn internal medicine (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2018
If you see the same position for internal medicine or family practice keep opening up. Is due to deceptive management practices and the unfriendly attitude towards LVNS. Overall upper management lack the needed personal skill and have a lack of respect towards employees. Will make you feel that you can be replaced each and every opportunity possible..nothing but immature power flexing to boost inflated management egos.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Lack of respect.very sneaky plotting behind your back towards LVNs
Very fun place to work
Medical Office Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2018
Nice,fun and productive place to work and learning everyday new things. And ucdavis hve employee appertion day. Benefit are awsome management staff.
Pto
Pros
Employee appertion day
Pretty bad!
HCLA III/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2018
Very poor experience at UCD, I was extremely excited initially but that ended when my training notes where stolen and I began being blamed for errors being made by other peers and sadly the work schedule would change hourly but no one would notify you.
Stress free environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2018
UC Davis was a very routine day. I had tasks each morning that needed to be taken care of and once those tasks were complete I found other things to do such as asking the Program Manager if she needed any help or the other departments if I could do anything for them. This was a temporary job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Davis Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight