UC Davis Health System Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work and learn
PHARMACY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 9, 2018
Very busy work days with patient focus in mind. Have plenty of people willing to teach and help. Big on cultural diversity. I had the opportunity to work in the different pharmacy's they had. Both outpatient as well as inpatient. Other employees and staff like Pharmacist, Physician and Nurses always willing to help and friendly.
Pros
Great benefits, like health insurance, retirement 401k
Upper Management in the clinics are terrible
Lvn internal medicine (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2018
If you see the same position for internal medicine or family practice keep opening up. Is due to deceptive management practices and the unfriendly attitude towards LVNS. Overall upper management lack the needed personal skill and have a lack of respect towards employees. Will make you feel that you can be replaced each and every opportunity possible..nothing but immature power flexing to boost inflated management egos.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Lack of respect.very sneaky plotting behind your back towards LVNs
Very fun place to work
Medical Office Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2018
Nice,fun and productive place to work and learning everyday new things. And ucdavis hve employee appertion day. Benefit are awsome management staff.
Pto
Pros
Employee appertion day
Pretty bad!
HCLA III/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2018
Very poor experience at UCD, I was extremely excited initially but that ended when my training notes where stolen and I began being blamed for errors being made by other peers and sadly the work schedule would change hourly but no one would notify you.
Stress free environment
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2018
UC Davis was a very routine day. I had tasks each morning that needed to be taken care of and once those tasks were complete I found other things to do such as asking the Program Manager if she needed any help or the other departments if I could do anything for them. This was a temporary job.
good place
Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJune 26, 2018
Good place to work. Love the fact that I was contributing to science and the advancement of medicine. People are nice and helpful. Cafeteria has great food.
Uc davis medical center
Medical Office Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2018
Very professional with plenty of room for career and educational growth. It was a union job that provided knowledgeable union members to support the administrative staff.
we have interesting conversation in our break rooms.
Hospital Unit Coordinator Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2018
I love the working with such a diverse environment. it is a very fast paced department, we recovery about 100plus patients a day
we have 6 areas the I have to staff with a secretary.
Volunteer
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 22, 2018
Overall Good, It was interesting how we get to do things and help patients and nurse with there needs. and help to answer phone calls. It was a four-hour shift.
Pros
friendly environment
No career advancement opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2018
I was recently injured on the job and was displaced from my job. I am on Leave until I could find another position through UC Davis. UC Davis has Training and Development, and Disability Management to assist you in finding another position/career; however, No department will hire someone without physical Work experience. Therefore, no amount of training and education will assist you in obtaining a new career.
Pros
Competitve pay, union, benefits
Cons
no advancement or career change opportunities
Great place to work graveyard, cafeteria open for break.
Clinical Pharmacist II (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 9, 2018
Great place to work, would recommend to anyone. Staff is top-notch. Management is stable and provides a good team culture and work ethic. Provides adequate staffing for patient care.
Pros
close to light rail station
fun workplace and nice staff
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2018
this was a fun workplace with an amazing staff. i enjoyed working there gaining my hours for my masters degree. I did groups, grand rounds, and individual therapy along with running a bulimic group with psychiatry residents.
no benefit to being a hard worker
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2018
If you're looking for growth opportunities or pay for performance, forget it. MY experience is that it doesn't matter how hard you work, how much you get praised for your work performance,and how many responsibilities keep getting added to your list, it's unlikely you'll get rewarded. It's very hard to advance into other departments. Pay increases/advancements were based on what the union can get you every so often and all about Who you Know, and how HR determines what THEY will allow you to get. Depending on what job you have; a big portion of your salary goes to PAY for Parking which they don't always tell you up front if you're a temp or when you're hired, mandatory payments to Fidelity and Union fees. Be sure to ask exactly what ALL your responsibilities are.
Pros
the people and environment
Cons
growth and raise opportunities
Management constantly changing.
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 8, 2018
This was not a pleasant experience. After relocating from quite a distance away, a new supervisor was hired and immediately eliminated my job, adding that there was "no place" else for me at UC Davis Health.
Awesome place to work and learn
Traveling ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 6, 2018
If I did not need to relocate and family did not live so far from UC Davis Medical Centre I would be full time staff their in a heart beat.
Unfortunately my family lives in Watsonville, CA and with the family business I needed to be closer to home.
Pros
Very well organized
Cons
There are none
Mixed feeling
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 28, 2018
The work keeps you busy. If you're a good fit with your department, then everything is fine. However, that's not the case when you're a bad department. Good managers would promote growth and allow you to explore. While, there are managers that will micromanage you.
Pros
ability to transfer to different department, benefits
Cons
parking, management
That is where I trained
Staff RN, Inpatient Operating Room. (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2018
Would love to go back. Have lots of friends that are still there loving it. Fun teaching medical students and residence. Always fun and exciting things to see and do.
Pros
people
Cons
crazy sometimes
apply somewhere else
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  ucd health systemsMarch 18, 2018
management is awful the worst is the constant gossip, you can try to ignore it but its everywhere and its the management is at the root of it. no respect for the hard working staff and employees that run this place and work endless hours for this company.
pay is great but the dancing of the carrot in front of you isn't worth the stress level that it comes with.
go somewhere else to find employment as this place will suck the life out of you!
Pros
great pay
Cons
management will not recognize your skills, listen to you, terrible work enviroment
Make the most of your time there...
Intern (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAMarch 18, 2018
As an intern, I highly suggest you make the most of your time there to ask questions from people who work in the hospital about their job, experience to understand and be able to picture yourself in that kind of environment.
Place of opportunity
Principle Access Representative Supervisor I (Current Employee) –  Main HospitalMarch 13, 2018
UC Davis is a teaching hospital with plenty of opportunities to learn careers and advance in education. I will forever be appreciative of the opportunities UC Davis has given me. I never mind educating others of the skills and abilities I have learned at the Medical Center.
Pros
Teaching opportunities
Cons
Little appreciation for work done.