UC Davis Health
74Above average

UC Davis Health Employee Reviews

United States257 reviews
Because they have tons of volunteers, the hospital is never understaffed which in turn helps everyone. The chaplains are some of the most incredible souls I had the pleasure of working with.
They are great when you are a puppet but when you speak up for the common good of the company, no one wants to listen.
It is crazy how many good people have joined and left the organization in a matter of a year to two years.

Horrible Management style.
Learned a lot about hospital based services. Great experience. Great staff and physicians great benefits for me and my family. It has been a great 25 years
Too many longstanding MRI techs who took advantage of being a "union member" and slacked off all the time. Every day, and no repercussions. Work computers used all the time by techs to chitchat on fb, look at classifieds, watch videos, and techs using their personal phones for hours, etc. Sad lack of work ethic - not all techs, but way more techs than should be tolerated. (Some mri techs resented patients for interfering with their inappropriate use of time.) Sure, really good pay, but when you are doing your share and also a large share of some of your coworkers' work (exams not done from previous shift, etc), the pay is not worth it. Being union, nothing will ever change. Impossible to remain properly motivated over the long term. Bosses seem confused when someone with strong work ethic complains/quits.
I am very grateful to have such a diverse group of co-workers to learn from, rely on and work with every day. We have a great team dynamic which makes even the toughest shifts bearable.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Nice place to work. Everything within working distance. People were friendly and nice to talk to. The drive to work and the campus was always enjoyable.
Pros
Nice place to work being health care
Cons
Not enough time to enjoy everything that was there
I wouldn't choose this company if I knew the growth rate is so slow. people put blame on each other. it looks divers, but principles can be not really acting divers.
I volunteered in the pediatric emergency room. Helped keep patients comfortable and supplied them with anything they need to ensure their stay was less stressful
A typical day at work is being courteous and king. Because you are handling the front desk. Encountering patient one on one. Greet patients. Verify customer demographic information.Provide great customer service skills. The best part of the work was when dealing with little children.Always brought a smile on my face.
I worked with UC School of Medicine. I enjoyed knowing that I was part of a bigger mission. Having a hand in the future of medicine is so exciting. I wish I had appreciated my job more while I was there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UC Davis Health?
Working at the Pediatric ICU was a great experience to get the healthcare patient care experience that many college students desire but find difficult to pursue.
Patient Care Service Department is the worse!!!!! It is managed by the “mean girls”. I highly suggest - not working for that department. The work life balance is completely not balanced and they only care about themselves. Micro managers, and super passive aggressive environment. HORRIBLE!!!
The good: stay busy. Very fast paced. Some RN's were very friendly and treated you with much respect.
The bad: permanent staff do not know how to properly train on-boarding candidates. Instead, staff love to talk negative about one another at any given opportunity. The environment is a "child's play pen."

The ugly: management needs restructuring (from the manager to the supervisors). And after this process begins, majority (95%) of the staff should be terminated and bring in new staff who actually love to work, are team players and respectful to each other. Management should meet with new staff members to get an overall review about how training went and what can be done to improve training sessions and the work environment. The pay for this position should at least start off at $25 hourly.

Conclusion: Most importantly, should you work here, please consult with an attorney should staff defame your name and reputation. This will definitely open the eyes of HR and Employee Relations Dept.
Most staff and management very supportive and understanding. Parking costs a lot and is scarce in the surrounding area. It has grown much over recent years and is very advanced and forward looking.
Nice place to work, management helpful, but it is primary nursing model, so you have to do a lot of work yourself. No CNAs, but they have lift team, which is helpful
This would not be my 1st Choices for a job. Very stressful, you have to be able to multi task at all times with perfection. Micro managing you at every step of the job.
Learned a lot with UC Davis. They keep abreast with the programs and technology to essential to keep up with the evolution of the Health Information Department together with providing the employees with the continuing education they need to perform the duties involved. My immediate superior retired and thingd with management had changed somewhat.
To provide direct patient-centered nursing care to 30 bed medical-surgical specialty unit that manages acute medical surgical patients with a wide range of diagnoses and care needs, including patients on telemetry monitor. The unit has two special private suites to serve palliative care and hospice patients, the goal is to maximize their comfort during their end of life period. The unit also serves as a specialty unit for the management of acute care ventilator patients with the goal of maximizing respiratory status and weaning from the ventilator.
Depending on which specialty department you work at, the workload can vary. Neurosurgery specifically required a lot of authorizations through insurance for services rendered.
The work there is really fun, you always get to learn something new. The staff are really friendly and help one another. There are a lot of opportunities available for working in this place.
I have been with the UC Davis for almost 2 yrs now i do appreciate the team work the management.My schedule is good it works with me because i spend time with the family.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Davis Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight