UC Davis
Here to help
Coronavirus update

UC Davis Employee Reviews

United States563 reviews
My time at UC Davis was pleasant. I got to learn new skills through my great advisor In and out of school. I got to meet many talented people in the same field and got to work on new things I have not don’t before.
Pros
Very educational, Self development skills
Cons
Low compensation
You’d think that being a state educational institution located in Northern California would automatically mean that the school embraces diversity. However, if you think this, you’d be wrong. As it relates to hiring and management, I ran into more discrimination than I care to admit. I recruited for various departments at the university. Time and time again, I would receive feedback from managers, about candidates, that were based on a candidate’s accent, looks, or even cultural identity. After a while, I stopped reporting this to the HR Director because no actions were being made to address this discriminatory behavior. There is a lot of talk on campus about inclusion and diversity but not a solid foundation to see that it happens. No one is really interested in making a change. This is evident in their antiquated technology and with their hiring practices.
Pros
Retirement benefits
Cons
Discrimination
Willing to work with what I have going on in my personal life. Always making sure I am doing okay, and checking in with me, how work is going and my work related comments.
Food service. My kitchen has a good management. Wish hours and advancement was easier to achieve. Also, being 70% career I wish they had a way to have us working anywhere during furlough. And a way to become 100%. Because working 70% for the hours in a year we really only then make about $12.-$13an hour when factored off 30%.
Pros
Right now, I work with at a good dorm
Cons
Weird hours, furloughs
These individuals are more concerned about turf and territory than teaching. The faculty puts themselves ahead of students and are not collegial. Unconcerned about the success of student
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
We are the number 1 Veterinary school in the world. It is wonderful to work with the students. My organization has great management who are very supporting and encouraging.
I enjoyed working at this place. Great diversity of people. Always willing to teach and help! Its a place you will not forget. Most people here are always trying to better themselves and it shows.
Pros
Fun!
Cons
Nothing really stands out to mention.
Great job for flexible hours, but not a good fit if you are looking for a job you can also study. Lots of paperwork and phone calls, but great atmosphere and coworkers
Incredibly toxic work environment. Managers are promoted and hired based on personal connections, not on ability, and consequentially can mistreat their employees with no oversight. There is no job growth or career path for typical staff, nor ability to improve work skills. Turn over is high and the culture has not improved.
Overall, it's a great place to work. The people are great to work with and they have good benefits. That being said, they underpay their employees and it is very difficult to get any significant pay increases while working there.
Excellent company to work for staff and coworkers very helpful since i have started nothing but food vibes and reports i have witnessed any questions i have my supervisor are promt at explaining and resolving any situation i have also training for my postion was great and and efficient
Provided great opportunities for learning and development. Very flexible with work hours and desired material to learn.
Staff was always supportive and played an integral role in my success today.
Excellent hard working staff with amazing personality. Mangers are very knowledgeable always ready to assist humble doctors omg humble doctors. The atmosphere is so healing.
I moved out here from to work at UC Davis. I have been extremely satisfied with my decision. There is a lot a room for advancement. The entire culture is built off diversity inclusion and promotion of staff. You can transition to any level of care that you want your career to go.
Outstanding academic healthcare system, achieving greatness in biomedical research, medical and nursing preparation and practice, and excellent patient care and experience of care. Some of the best and brightest healthcare professionals in the world.

The service I was able to lead and help provide, serving our client, the California Department of Public Health, Center for Health Care Quality, is improving the safety and quality of health care for millions of Californians. It was very gratifying work, and used my broad skill set in organizational psychology, applied research, change and project management, as well as healthcare administration.
Great place for a research position or academic career. One of the best in the world. Access to excellent research resources, international scholars, distinguished faculty members and motivated students.
Working at UC Davis has exposed me to the industrial experience while still in college which was very insightful. Even though the pay was super low for students, I think it was worth the experience.
Excellent for work and life balance, and beautiful campus. Friendly people and culture. Good for young research scientist or engineer to survive and learn.
everyone is extremely inclusive, friendly and welcoming! I am never afraid to ask questions or for help if I am unsure, and I am always faced with positive encouragment.
Pros
Flexible schedule
I’m a hard work person always completely my task before end of my work day I like taken good care of all the incumbents so last longer putting thing back were I got them very clean person try to do thing that way company want me to do alway on time to start my give my self 15 to 20 min so I get self how is my day going to be & complete all of my task work before i go home
The work is very easy. The shift is hard because it’s overnight. Management is OK. Dispatcher makes it hard to work there makes environment hectic. As far as coworkers everyone is OK just keep to yourself. A lot of favoritism and if you come in as a temp the dispatcher makes it very hard for you. She is not your direct boss but will very much so act as she is. It is not really a temp to hire type of position.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Davis. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

71%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.