UC Health Employee Reviews

Es una empresa que brinda oportunidad para mejorar las habilidades y destrezas que ayudan al mejor desempeño de la labor asignada.
Community Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 10, 2019
Alcance y sobrepase las metas trazadas al inicio del cargo. desempeñando mi labor 100 % hasta el final del programa.
Mostre gran entusiasmo en el servicio al cliente, Mantuve en alto la misión de servicio de la empresa. Respete los estándares laborales asi como el manual de convivencia.
Pros
Good training, good benefits, good pay
Cons
my position impliced extended and flexible schedule.
Great company Great people
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 4, 2019
Definitely a great company to work for. Oppurtunity for growth Great benefits. Salary could be more competitive with other places though. Great discounts. Most holidays off. Continuously growing company just wish more appreciation could be shown to the workers maybe then more people would actually love what they do instead of doing it just for a paycheck. There definitely needs to be better job matching going on with HR and the recruits. So many people just seem so unhappy there.
Pros
You can swipe your badge for food and other items
Cons
Overpriced gift shop and so many workers still below poverty level
Great place
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 20, 2019
My typical day at work is full of meetings and interacting with great individuals as well as really bright minds. I have learned a great deal about leadership, finance, and just working with people here. I think the workplace culture here is getting better day by day. They have a transformation process in place that is making changes across the organization for the better. The hardest part of the job is the financial restrictions we deal with as the areas safety net hospital.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
hard to get good parking
Credentials Specialist
Credentials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 19, 2019
I loved my job with UC Health. If I didn't have to relocated to California, I'd still be there. I do wish the VPs were more connected with staff and had a better idea of the daily life outside of conference rooms and phone calls.
My director was amazing and the manager under her were great. They knew the job well because they started at the bottom and know how much of a struggle some days can be. I had a great work family and I miss them dearly.
Stressful yet great place to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2019
I love working for this company, I enjoying working for the patient care and working with my co-workers to see it happen. The hardest part at times is not having enough staff for the emergency room patient volume.
Pros
awesome co-workers
Cons
can be overwhelming at times
staff
Late Charge Biller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
the staff at the billing center are courteous, professional, and attentive. the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate patients. some managers are hard to deal with
Pros
great hours
Cons
irate patients
new grad
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 5, 2019
this facility was where I practiced as a new grad RN and where I received training for the ICU, excellent teamwork at this facility. Very professional nurses. I appreciated the groundwork that made me the nurse I am today
Only care about profit
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COFebruary 2, 2019
This company does not care about its employees, but most importantly they do not care about their patients. They care about having bodies in the chairs to do the job of making the company money and that is it. Everyone is replaceable and they sure let you know it! They are in such competition with Banner Health that is all they care about. Making more money than Banner, opening new hospitals and urgent cares to match what Banner does and has. PATHETIC!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Pay, managers, supervisors, nurses, Dr.s
UC health
Director of Patient Relations (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80909January 31, 2019
.UC health is a great place to work. They staff are friendly and work together. It is the staff that makes this such a great place to work. Company is growing fast.
Run from this place as fast as you can
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2019
My experience at UC health was horrible , I was not provided any training at all. I worked many weekends and evenings by myself and holidays. The pay was considerably low as a LISW in the hospital setting. We were always threatened by management that our jobs were on the line due to finances. After going above and beyond the call of duty I was issued 29 cents raise for the year. My manager was not in the know as far as who worked what shifts and if something went wrong she would contact me at my other job to complain. I was told by management we had no breaks or lunch. There were a lot of personnel issues there with back stabbing between staff. Managers often contradicted themselves and demanded that part time staff take off work from their full time jobs to attend needless training. I would not recommend this job to someone who would need this as a primary income source.
Pros
liked meeting the residents and working with the doctors
Cons
No support no acceptable raise, terrible managers, exposure to germs
Executive Secretary
Exec Sec to Exec VP OPS/HR (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Typical day is full of appointment setting, talking with various assistants coordinating calendars.
The hospital is a very diverse place with the culture. Basically a city in itself with the different cultures.
Great to hear all the success stories and how people's lives have been changed by the care here or transplant/life saving procedure.
Review Summary
Crisis Assessment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 14, 2019
Working at UC Health was fantastic. I enjoyed most aspects of my work load. Employees are passionate about their roles in healthcare and the impact they have on the lives of patients.
Staff were supportive
Critical Care RN in the Critical Care Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Worked with grateful patients and staff that were helpful and informative. It could be stressful at times, but it was rewarding after seeing the patients and how appreciative they were.
poor management
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Poor management through out the hospital. Hospital waste money on frivolous things, like promotional mailing to employees, but then offers no raises. They are unwilling to assist employees.
Controlled Chais
OB Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2018
You must be able to learn quickly and be motivated. Have pride in your work. Please don’t be lazy. When you are told something isn’t being done properly, be professional and willing to correct the mistakes
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Lack of respect
Short staff You have to either Work while sick or find you own coverage
PAR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 28, 2018
If you get sick you have to either work like that or find your own coverage, your Manger doesn't do that for you and they even get mad at you for being Human even tho is your kids getting surgery or you being at their own Emergency Room that makes not difference I'm not talking just about a cold or virus Big things! don't matter to them. Yeah Benefits are good Schedules are nice but You have not right to get sick neither your Kids,Manager are awful no professional at all. No pay differential if you work night's either.
Benefits
Cons
No Coverage When Need it.
Excellent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2018
I enjoy working at UC Health Air Care & Mobile Care. My co-workers and I have the same mind-set, and that is to bring a higher level of care to the people of this region. We can also be called upon to travel of area states, due to our reputation of excellence.
Pros
Health care, freedom
Cons
Occasional Night shifts
Great Opportunity for Advancement
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219December 6, 2018
I started working at UC Hospital in August of 2015. I started out in Environmental Services/ Housekeeping, which I enjoyed doing. After about a year of doing that, there was an opening for a Health Unit Coordinator position on the Neurology/ Neurosurgery floor, which I applied for and ended up getting. UC is a great place if you want to start somewhere and eventually advance your career.
In need of major culture shift
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2018
high volume level 1 trauma center, fast pace environment in need of culture changed that focuses on patient care, accountable, collaboration , teamwork and interdependency between departments.

Best part of the role is helping to promote healing through the cleaning process and teaching, coaching and developing frontline staff and leaders.

Developing relationships that focus on collaboration.
Day in the life of the OR
Certified Surgical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 17, 2018
I was so happy with my time at UC West Chester. The staff and Doctor were great. I only left for a different job that I could not get at this facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight