UC Health Employee Reviews

Liked working with the people and helping the patients
Food Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Ft. Collins, COOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work involved washing dishes, then working on tray line, and helping with Meals on wheels. Some days I delivered trays to the patients' rooms, and on the weekends we did special cleans that we didn't have time to do during the week.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Working weekends
Excellent Place to Work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2018
I started my career here and was promoted twice within 5 years. They are self-insured so the insurance was cheap and the hospitals had great reputation. The culture was fantastic. Only a few bad eggs that I met in the entire 10,000 plus company. My boss was a gem, someone that I'm coming to realize you may only encounter once in a lifetime. He taught me so much and helped me blossom into a confident HR person. The hardest part was deadlines, but the easiest is that I worked with a group of people that I love.
Pros
Great Benefits, Cafeteria food is good, Great Mgt
Nice work place
Biohazard technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 19, 2018
It’s a job fast paced and room to advance friendly people many departments to choose from and number one in patient care also rated among one the top hospitals in the country
Great place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 19, 2018
It was a wonderful experience to work for them as a stepping stone in my career. The staff is nice and it was a welcoming environment to learn. I enjoyed the opportunity.
Growth and advancement
Histology Tech/Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 18, 2018
UC Health does promote growth within the company which allows workers in a diverse area to expand more around in different fields. UC is a very diverse employer from all cultures.
total chaos
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2018
Not enough staff and unable to keep staff due to bad management, too much mandatory overtime & unprofessional environment.
Worked there 2 months & received only 2 weeks of actual training due to staff overturn, several left weekly!
Great place to learn
RN (Current Employee) –  Labor and DeliverySeptember 23, 2018
I love working at UC West Chester. It’s a great place to learn. Many education opportunities. Pay is fair. Nurses did not eat their young on my unit. My manager is amazing!
conservative culture, very inbred
IT Professional (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2018
There was very little new blood at UC Health. Employees had 10-20 years experience. Also, UC tuition was previously free, now there is $2500 of tuition reimbursed. The company pension plan was revoked several years before.
Nice place to Work
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Have lots of opportunity to advance with the proper education that is provided. Clinical Ladder. Management easily available. The hardest part of the job is expediting patient care when short staffed.
Pros
Paid educational opportunities
Cons
ER short staffed
professional work environment
Staff RN ICU (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 9, 2018
a typical day is like any on a staff floor but my recent experience on ICU floors has been the most challenging and rewarding. I am able to see very sick patients recover quickly as a result of the clinical team I am apart of.
Pros
team efforts good experience
Cons
can be demanding emotionally
Bad account
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I learned from this account as a travel tech that people that work there just don't wanna do there job. The environment was stressful cause the managers were mean and cruel to all the employees. No one liked working there because of bad managing. The hardest part was to keep up with the hospitals demands. The spd was too small and unorganized to handle there spd needs. I really enjoyed leaving the account because of the bad attitudes and the stress.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Management, Stressful work environment
Hard working and dedicated
PERIOPERATIVE FAMILY LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2018
I educated the patients and families about the surgical process. I answer any questions or concerns . I handled any problems that may arise. I really enjoy being a resource to the families.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
low pay scale.
They are not consistent
Patient Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
They are constantly asking you to do things that are not part of your job description. They don't offer paid holidays, they give you paid time off but penalize you if you take it. There is no communication among departments. The work environment is quite demoralizing at times. It seems as though they are more concerned about how much money is brought in and not what is asked of their employees.
Great workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for UC Health. There were many opportunities for advancement and growth within the company. I only left this job because I ended up moving to another city.
Pros
Paid vacation, sick days
Excellent Retirement Opportunities
LEAD IT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2018
Great company to work for if you are looking for a company you can retire from. UC Health offers security in your current position but not much of a chance for advancement in Technology or Management in IT.
Always busy
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2018
I worked as a scheduling representative. It was fast-paced with little to no downtime. We were constantly learning new policies and procedures, with plenty of guidance along the way. Our department was small with a very high turnover, making it difficult to utilize PTO. I enjoyed interacting with patients for the most part, but we had no recourse with inappropriate patients.
Charge Nurse / Utilization Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 15, 2018
I was lucky to have been one of the first employees at the West Chester Hospital. Every thing was great. The patients loved the staff , and most importantly. the spacious rooms with hotel style service.
Pros
Culture is great. Very inclusive.
Poor management
Care Coordinator Assistant/Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
I don't wish to give any type of review. I worked there for over 11 years and each year , respect and good treatment of employees went down. Too much emphasis on hiring expensive , high maintenance doctors and forget the employees who really take care of the patients and make the hospital work.
Productive and positive work environment.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 20, 2018
UC Health is a great place to work and they pay some what decent for the overall experience an employer has. They are always putting patients and family first throughout the whole organization, They go above and beyond to try and keep good help when the find it.
Pros
Great people who put patients and family first.
Cons
Just need to improve on helping employes more.
Work dumping site
Application Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
In both my positions at UC health, I was put in a support role for systems I had no training or knowledge of. This was the first of many bad signs. The second was the 24/7/365 on call status. I was the only person in my position, so there was no one else to take calls. I was called constantly, could never get any sleep or do anything away from home or the office. The final straw was the quarterly application deployments and updates. These required showing up at midnight Saturday/Sunday morning and working often until late Sunday morning. These were uncompensated with pay or time off. This was the worst place I've worked in my life.
Pros
Cons
Parking and getting in and out is terrible, No training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight