UC Health Employee Reviews

Short staff You have to either Work while sick or find you own coverage
PAR (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 28, 2018
If you get sick you have to either work like that or find your own coverage, your Manger doesn't do that for you and they even get mad at you for being Human even tho is your kids getting surgery or you being at their own Emergency Room that makes not difference I'm not talking just about a cold or virus Big things! don't matter to them. Yeah Benefits are good Schedules are nice but You have not right to get sick neither your Kids,Manager are awful no professional at all. No pay differential if you work night's either.
Benefits
Cons
No Coverage When Need it.
Great Opportunity for Advancement
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219December 6, 2018
I started working at UC Hospital in August of 2015. I started out in Environmental Services/ Housekeeping, which I enjoyed doing. After about a year of doing that, there was an opening for a Health Unit Coordinator position on the Neurology/ Neurosurgery floor, which I applied for and ended up getting. UC is a great place if you want to start somewhere and eventually advance your career.
In need of major culture shift
Unit Director (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 29, 2018
high volume level 1 trauma center, fast pace environment in need of culture changed that focuses on patient care, accountable, collaboration , teamwork and interdependency between departments.

Best part of the role is helping to promote healing through the cleaning process and teaching, coaching and developing frontline staff and leaders.

Developing relationships that focus on collaboration.
Excellent Place to Work!
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 24, 2018
I started my career here and was promoted twice within 5 years. They are self-insured so the insurance was cheap and the hospitals had great reputation. The culture was fantastic. Only a few bad eggs that I met in the entire 10,000 plus company. My boss was a gem, someone that I'm coming to realize you may only encounter once in a lifetime. He taught me so much and helped me blossom into a confident HR person. The hardest part was deadlines, but the easiest is that I worked with a group of people that I love.
Pros
Great Benefits, Cafeteria food is good, Great Mgt
Great place to grow
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 7, 2018
UCMC is great place to learn skills that will allow you to grow. They hire within and sometimes its a problem due to the fact that they will hire a friend or family member over other qualified candidates. They aren't too compassionate when it comes to family incident or tragedy.
Pros
great place to grow and develop skills that will alow you to grow in many areas
Cons
more of a clique enviorment
Fast paced job
RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 12, 2018
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with critically burned patients. It was hard to see their suffering and that of their loved ones.
I learned a great deal about critical care; invasive monitoring, drug infusions and extensive wound care.

I loved the fast paced environment and the fact that the shift could change literally minute by minute.
Pros
Challenging work with dedicated staff.
Cons
Schedule was not very flexible
Bad account
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I learned from this account as a travel tech that people that work there just don't wanna do there job. The environment was stressful cause the managers were mean and cruel to all the employees. No one liked working there because of bad managing. The hardest part was to keep up with the hospitals demands. The spd was too small and unorganized to handle there spd needs. I really enjoyed leaving the account because of the bad attitudes and the stress.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Management, Stressful work environment
Demoralizing
Clinical Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
Working in this position can be demoralizing. The doctors do not recognize the work you do, and in fact ask things of you that are beyond your job classification. The push and push without any recognition, but never fail to blame you for things beyond your status. There are no paid holidays. They give you paid time off, but penalize you for using it. There is no communication between departments. They seem to put money before their employees.
They are not consistent
Patient Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
They are constantly asking you to do things that are not part of your job description. They don't offer paid holidays, they give you paid time off but penalize you if you take it. There is no communication among departments. The work environment is quite demoralizing at times. It seems as though they are more concerned about how much money is brought in and not what is asked of their employees.
Underpaid, poor benefits
Full Time RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2018
Underpaid compared to the rest of hospitals in area, always short staffed, staff are burnt out and overworked, not enough help, most days you do not get a lunch or a break
Pros
Manager is amazing, staff/coworkers are amazing, great teamwork
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, overworked, not appreciated, little to no incentives to pick up extra hours
Excellent place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 8, 2018
I enjoy working at UC Health Air Care & Mobile Care. My co-workers and I have the same mind-set, and that is to bring a higher level of care to the people of this region. We can also be called upon to travel of area states, due to our reputation of excellence.
Pros
Health care, freedom
Cons
Occasional Night shifts
Always busy
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2018
I worked as a scheduling representative. It was fast-paced with little to no downtime. We were constantly learning new policies and procedures, with plenty of guidance along the way. Our department was small with a very high turnover, making it difficult to utilize PTO. I enjoyed interacting with patients for the most part, but we had no recourse with inappropriate patients.
educational value
Accreditation and Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 7, 2018
UCMC offers educational value for experience in other jobs outside of UCMC. The work life balance is not considered an asset to keeping employees. I work on average 50 hours a week, and this is a typical week. This works for me, but there is no opportunity for promotion for working effectively and promoting the company. They prefer to keep the productive employees in their present positions to assure the work continues effectively.
Good teaching hospital
Sterile Processing Technician II, Aesculap (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2018
University Hospital is a very busy place. You never know what your going to walk into being a level one trauma hospital. The most enjoyable part is knowing that I made a difference in someones care.
Pros
Always busy never slow
Cons
not very diverse
Work dumping site
Application Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
In both my positions at UC health, I was put in a support role for systems I had no training or knowledge of. This was the first of many bad signs. The second was the 24/7/365 on call status. I was the only person in my position, so there was no one else to take calls. I was called constantly, could never get any sleep or do anything away from home or the office. The final straw was the quarterly application deployments and updates. These required showing up at midnight Saturday/Sunday morning and working often until late Sunday morning. These were uncompensated with pay or time off. This was the worst place I've worked in my life.
Pros
Cons
Parking and getting in and out is terrible, No training
A very innovative healthcare system providing the best level of care to their patients.
Clinical Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Working for UC Health has enlightened me on the importance of the level of care and customer provided to our community. In addition, to foster the diversity and cultural backgrounds of those who we serve.
professional work environment
Staff RN ICU (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 9, 2018
a typical day is like any on a staff floor but my recent experience on ICU floors has been the most challenging and rewarding. I am able to see very sick patients recover quickly as a result of the clinical team I am apart of.
Pros
team efforts good experience
Cons
can be demanding emotionally
Productive and positive work environment.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 20, 2018
UC Health is a great place to work and they pay some what decent for the overall experience an employer has. They are always putting patients and family first throughout the whole organization, They go above and beyond to try and keep good help when the find it.
Pros
Great people who put patients and family first.
Cons
Just need to improve on helping employes more.
Nice place to Work
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Have lots of opportunity to advance with the proper education that is provided. Clinical Ladder. Management easily available. The hardest part of the job is expediting patient care when short staffed.
Pros
Paid educational opportunities
Cons
ER short staffed
Controlled Chais
OB Tech (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2018
You must be able to learn quickly and be motivated. Have pride in your work. Please don’t be lazy. When you are told something isn’t being done properly, be professional and willing to correct the mistakes
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
Lack of respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight