UC Health Employee Reviews

I loved doing my extern at UC health
Surgical Technology Extern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2018
There's nothing bad I have to say about my experience at university while doing my externship. The staff was very informative and taught me so much. They even gave me a lot of support when I lost my first patient, which was uncommon for a student on their externship. I would love to work at UC health some day.
Nice place to Work
Staff Nurse/Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Have lots of opportunity to advance with the proper education that is provided. Clinical Ladder. Management easily available. The hardest part of the job is expediting patient care when short staffed.
Pros
Paid educational opportunities
Cons
ER short staffed
professional work environment
Staff RN ICU (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 9, 2018
a typical day is like any on a staff floor but my recent experience on ICU floors has been the most challenging and rewarding. I am able to see very sick patients recover quickly as a result of the clinical team I am apart of.
Pros
team efforts good experience
Cons
can be demanding emotionally
Bad account
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2018
I learned from this account as a travel tech that people that work there just don't wanna do there job. The environment was stressful cause the managers were mean and cruel to all the employees. No one liked working there because of bad managing. The hardest part was to keep up with the hospitals demands. The spd was too small and unorganized to handle there spd needs. I really enjoyed leaving the account because of the bad attitudes and the stress.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Management, Stressful work environment
Hard working and dedicated
PERIOPERATIVE FAMILY LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2018
I educated the patients and families about the surgical process. I answer any questions or concerns . I handled any problems that may arise. I really enjoy being a resource to the families.
Pros
meet great people
Cons
low pay scale.
They are not consistent
Patient Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
They are constantly asking you to do things that are not part of your job description. They don't offer paid holidays, they give you paid time off but penalize you if you take it. There is no communication among departments. The work environment is quite demoralizing at times. It seems as though they are more concerned about how much money is brought in and not what is asked of their employees.
Great workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for UC Health. There were many opportunities for advancement and growth within the company. I only left this job because I ended up moving to another city.
Pros
Paid vacation, sick days
Excellent Retirement Opportunities
LEAD IT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2018
Great company to work for if you are looking for a company you can retire from. UC Health offers security in your current position but not much of a chance for advancement in Technology or Management in IT.
Always busy
Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2018
I worked as a scheduling representative. It was fast-paced with little to no downtime. We were constantly learning new policies and procedures, with plenty of guidance along the way. Our department was small with a very high turnover, making it difficult to utilize PTO. I enjoyed interacting with patients for the most part, but we had no recourse with inappropriate patients.
Charge Nurse / Utilization Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAAugust 15, 2018
I was lucky to have been one of the first employees at the West Chester Hospital. Every thing was great. The patients loved the staff , and most importantly. the spacious rooms with hotel style service.
Pros
Culture is great. Very inclusive.
LOVE it here!
Shadow (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 15, 2018
I applied to, interviewed for, and was accepted into the Learning Link Shadowing Program from a pool of applicants and was given the chance to shadow many hospitalists in their various departments during rounds. I could follow and observe, was given the ability to touch and listen, granted permission to read notes, and was quizzed daily on different medical conditions by the Doctors I was shadowing. I was so inspired to be immersed in their daily routine and took every chance to not only ask questions but to be a part of everything from the mundane to the exciting. At the end, I gave a public group presentation on my 55 hours of experience and this process repeated in me a calling for the life ahead.
Still asessing
Senior Program and Project Manager (temporary) (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 2, 2018
Culture seems to be only revenue driven. Different rules for different people, constant reorganization is disruptive to continuity and consistency. No process to follow.
Poor management
Care Coordinator Assistant/Discharge Planner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 31, 2018
I don't wish to give any type of review. I worked there for over 11 years and each year , respect and good treatment of employees went down. Too much emphasis on hiring expensive , high maintenance doctors and forget the employees who really take care of the patients and make the hospital work.
Productive and positive work environment.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 20, 2018
UC Health is a great place to work and they pay some what decent for the overall experience an employer has. They are always putting patients and family first throughout the whole organization, They go above and beyond to try and keep good help when the find it.
Pros
Great people who put patients and family first.
Cons
Just need to improve on helping employes more.
Work dumping site
Application Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
In both my positions at UC health, I was put in a support role for systems I had no training or knowledge of. This was the first of many bad signs. The second was the 24/7/365 on call status. I was the only person in my position, so there was no one else to take calls. I was called constantly, could never get any sleep or do anything away from home or the office. The final straw was the quarterly application deployments and updates. These required showing up at midnight Saturday/Sunday morning and working often until late Sunday morning. These were uncompensated with pay or time off. This was the worst place I've worked in my life.
Pros
Cons
Parking and getting in and out is terrible, No training
Workplace friendly
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 17, 2018
Actually cared about pts and employees alike. Great coworkers and management. This particular free standing er is pretty laid back. I've worked in high volume, stressed emergency rooms before and this is a nice change for a while.
Awesome
Certified Nursing Assistant-Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 3, 2018
Great place(s) oI wad a FLOAT between PVH & MCR]- to work!
However,
Was quite a bit BETTER, BEFORE the 'MERGER', with University of Colorado, out of Denver.
Its ok
Float Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 2, 2018
Not a bad place to work. I do feel like we have no time to go to our own doctors appointments or even care for our family because UC health wants us to care abut everyone but ourselves. My boss is great but o\our team has a high turn around rate.
Pros
pay
Cons
family life
Fun atmosphere
Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2018
The people were awesome to work with, but OR was not for me. I wanted to try the OR and thought that I would enjoy it, the hardest part was scrubbing in.
Moving on
clinic nurse surgery (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2018
I love the doctors I work for I’ve befn there almost 12 years but life changes and am now looking for a new job. I am not able to grow in the clinic that I currently work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight