UC Health Employee Reviews

Productive and positive work environment.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 20, 2018
UC Health is a great place to work and they pay some what decent for the overall experience an employer has. They are always putting patients and family first throughout the whole organization, They go above and beyond to try and keep good help when the find it.
Pros
Great people who put patients and family first.
Cons
Just need to improve on helping employes more.
Work dumping site
Application Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 17, 2018
In both my positions at UC health, I was put in a support role for systems I had no training or knowledge of. This was the first of many bad signs. The second was the 24/7/365 on call status. I was the only person in my position, so there was no one else to take calls. I was called constantly, could never get any sleep or do anything away from home or the office. The final straw was the quarterly application deployments and updates. These required showing up at midnight Saturday/Sunday morning and working often until late Sunday morning. These were uncompensated with pay or time off. This was the worst place I've worked in my life.
Pros
Cons
Parking and getting in and out is terrible, No training
Workplace friendly
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Parker, COJuly 17, 2018
Actually cared about pts and employees alike. Great coworkers and management. This particular free standing er is pretty laid back. I've worked in high volume, stressed emergency rooms before and this is a nice change for a while.
Its ok
Float Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 2, 2018
Not a bad place to work. I do feel like we have no time to go to our own doctors appointments or even care for our family because UC health wants us to care abut everyone but ourselves. My boss is great but o\our team has a high turn around rate.
Pros
pay
Cons
family life
Fun atmosphere
Operating Room RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2018
The people were awesome to work with, but OR was not for me. I wanted to try the OR and thought that I would enjoy it, the hardest part was scrubbing in.
Moving on
clinic nurse surgery (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 26, 2018
I love the doctors I work for I’ve befn there almost 12 years but life changes and am now looking for a new job. I am not able to grow in the clinic that I currently work in.
LTAC and SNF units in hospital setting
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 21, 2018
Strong, supportive management, dynamic environment with a wide variety of patients. Opportunities for clinical education and advancement. Part of the largest educational healthcare system in the city.
UC Health was a wonderful company and would recommend to my friends employment for this company.
NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 18, 2018
UCHealth is a wonderful company to work for, but leadership at Grandview Hospital was poor because of micromanagement by the administrator of the hospital which led to a lack in morale for the staff.
UC Health is one of the best places to work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 18, 2018
A typical day at UC Health is very busy and fast paced. It is a place where we constantly work to help people receive the health care they need so that we can help improve their lives
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
Inowing that some people are suffering
Great Administrative Team
Community Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2018
The UC Health Leadership is dedicated to making strides in employee engagement. The work is challenging in the best way and benefits the community UC Health serves.
Work Life
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 15, 2018
My typical work day constance of make sure there is enough staff for the inpatient units in the hospital. Meeting with the leadership daily to ensure to that the units are staffed properly. The goal is is maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff. Their is a friendly work culture will all staff. Although it can sometimes challeging if always works out especially on high patient censue days. I truly inejoy working for UC Health and would love to stay, but I don't feel that their would be no opportunity for advancement in the HIM field.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
No advancement opportunites
Lead Products Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 11, 2018
I was at UC Health for over 11 years and loved it. I only left to work for a manager that is my best friend's dad. Unfortunately, he was let go 2 weeks into my new job and I have regretted leaving UC Health ever since.
Great laid back work environment
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2018
I worked here as an Intern. I had a large amount of responsibilities and enjoyed being given project to complete. They took the time to train me and then let me run and saw what I was made of.
Currently work here and I love it.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 27, 2018
I am a fulltime student and mother of a one year old and am currently employed as PRN (Per Needed) at UC Health at the standalone emergency rooms. There are always shifts available for pick-up and the pay is decent. The best part about it is definitely the management. This year has been a wild one for me and they have been by my side and helped me through so much. This is a job where they care about their employees even outside of work. I have never felt so at home at work before.

They provide adequate training and the job is easy, yet challenging which I personally love.

The job works great with student as well!
Pros
Management, lots of time for school
Cons
only one person per department so calling out is not really an option ever.
Good work tea.
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
It was an okay environment to work in what I go back yes you see how Fridley taught me a lot and I love the people and the environment that I was in what can I say you see is great
Cons
People are very friendly and helpfull
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2018
No complaints in this job i just wish they had a full time position at the time. People who work their where very friendly and helpful never did I get a nasty face when i ask for help
Busy place
Patient Care Associate/Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2018
Very busy, always short staffed, hardly no teamwork on certain units. I feel management cares about what is only good for them. Manager hardly ever on the floor when at work.
Pros
Decent pay, Benefits
Cons
No time for any kind of break AT ALL!!!
learning environment
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 8, 2018
Learned a lot about patient care, union environments...staffing of nurses, shift work, employee motivation. Meet many people, interactive with diverse group of people
Pros
variety of lunch options on site
Cons
parking, work shift varies day by day
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 7, 2018
Just do your job and make sure its about quality, not quantity. Working at Memorial teaches you numerous things, that's if your willing to excel and make better for your self.
zero remain
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2018
New department the original working team of around 40 people. after 2 years zero remain says alot!! wasn't terrible wasn't great wither. NOT MUCH ELSE TO SAY
Pros
over time
Cons
under pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight