UC Irvine Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
High stress
MRI Technologist (Per Diem) (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
Only worked here as a per diem technologist so that meant two or three times per month. It's a first level trauma center so alot going on in the ER at times. Also in patient scans happen often as well since it is a hospital. Hardest part is being by yourself with no assistance since you are not a regular employee. Not too much enjoyment since it's a trauma center, it's high stress.
Pros
Cons
Stressful environment.
Interaction with patient's
Principal Admitting Worker (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAFebruary 20, 2018
It was an awarding experience to be able to assist patient's with their authorizations and referrals to UCI when making them feel secure and assure that we received their information and giving them what to expect during the approval process.
Poor top management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 10, 2018
CEO that has no business/operational background, toxic politics with the campus, and a frenzied pace. Communication to employees is lacking, and the presence of labor unions only acts as a distraction.
Pros
Lots of time off, pension
Cons
Poor leadership, no culture of accountability
Personable, friendly group of co workers
Administrative Analyst/ Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Treats you like neighbors, disjointed at times. Some coworkers are willing to help more than others.

The hardest part of job is that all are not receptive, open to new employees or takes a long time to welcome new folks.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Sometime hard to move up because no where to go
fast paced, challenging
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 9, 2017
very challenging environment, excellent peer network, very supportive professional staff. no opportunities for career growth or advancement, very discouraging in that respect.
Summary
Senior Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. The environment is wonderful and everyone seems to be on the same page. Benefits are pretty good room for advancement is hit or miss.
Fast paced but rewarding job
Sr. Administrative Analyst Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CASeptember 5, 2017
Great place to work. Began my career with UC Irvine Health in 2000. Over the years, I had the opportunity to work in 4 different departments within the organization and enjoyed by tenure there! Unfortunately, I was laid off in November 2016 with 175 other employees.
Interesting work place
Programmer I, Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMay 20, 2017
There was a lot to do when I first arrived, but slowed down after a while. Luckily the people I worked with were funny and interesting, my manager and supervisor were nice and accommodating.
Pros
Good People
Great Salary and Benefits
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 30, 2017
The compensation package is exceptional! Colleagues genuinely care about patients and each other. As with any organization, there are challenges, the need to stretch every dollar often means employees feel stretched beyond their limits.
good company
LVN (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 17, 2016
UCI is a wonderful company to work for but only if you have a permanent position. If you work for their temp department, they do not consider the years you have as experience, and the pay is bad if you are not working Per Diem. Only if you get a permanent position for them will your years count as experience and you will be paid as such which is the same amount as a Per Diem only full time.
Busy, productive
SECURITY OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAOctober 13, 2016
It typically takes several weeks to complete a good plan. Most of that time is spent in research and re-thinking your ideas and assumptions. But then, that’s the value of the process. So make time to do the job properly. Those who do never regret the effort. And finally, be sure to keep detailed notes on your sources of information and on the assumptions underlying your financial data.
Great place for nursing school clinicals
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 25, 2016
• Participated in a dedicated education unit model study involving eight students
• Operated on the oncology and telemetry units
Also completed a number of other clinical rotations at UCIMC.
Clinical duties
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJuly 23, 2016
ollaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement a plan of care for a specific group of assigned patients. Performs professional nursing duties that incorporate the psychomotor and age appropriate cognitive skills of the patient/family/significant other to assess, plan, intervene and advocate for the patient on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care. Will evaluate patient outcomes, effectiveness of plan of care, and readiness for discharge and revise plan or make referrals as necessary. Acts as a role model and mentor to a variety of students and nurses new to the unit. Functions as a (PCC) Patient Care Coordinator as requested by the supervisor/manager.
Fun work place.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  CANovember 18, 2015
Fun work place with supportive manegment. Good salaries and benefits. it's not all about numbers but how we all personally grow and develop.
Pros
good food.
Typical fast food job
Campus Temp (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 25, 2015
Working fast food blows. As far as it goes, you have to know spanish to have any friends that are staff. The majority of people talk to you like youre an idiot, even if you haven't done anything wrong. Managers will offer you hours when you don't necessarily want them, and send you home when you need them. This was as part-time though.
Fun workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 2, 2015
The environment was very fun to work in. There is always something to do so it keeps you busy. I learned a lot from my supervisors and the people I interned with.
Everyone is soooooo miserable here
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 12, 2015
Horrible company. The most disorganized company I've ever been at. Managers ripping each other, tons of taxpayer dollars wasted, management team clueless to the dysfunction. The only thing middle management cares about is where to go to lunch.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Dynamic Work Environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Ambulatory Clinics and HospitalApril 27, 2015
I love the academic environment. There are always improvement projects and research going on. It is wonderful to have residents and students around. It keeps us all on our toes to continually teach, and provide the best example possible. The hospital is beautiful. Much of the staff are "lifers", so there is a feeling of family and community. The clinics are improving their same-day access, so that is a great thing. I have worked here for many years and have loved all of my jobs, and all of the patients that I have cared for.
Productive, professional and family oriented workplace.
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 24, 2013
Typical day at work begins with caring, problem solving and dedication. Hardest part is dealing with the passing of a patient. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know every patient and guest. I have learned to embrace all of life's precious gifts.
Pros
Good company provides stable job with good benefits
Cons
I can't think of one one
great work environment
(CIO). Liaison (Current Employee) –  Marketing CommunicationsJuly 9, 2013
Lots of change because of the implementation of an electronic medical record. I loved the challenge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UC Irvine Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

4.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight