UCARE Employee Reviews

Special Restaurants came in weekly with new foods to try
Provider Assistance Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 6, 2018
Coworkers are willing to help with questions about the work and assisted with problem areas like finding information about claims processing. My supervisors were very knowledgable about all processes of the claims area. The hardest part of call center was trying to research some problem questions, however, we usually over came the obstacles and were able to get the issues resolved in a timely, accurate manner. I really enjoyed the interaction between the callers and my coworkers. I learned how important it is to research, investigate and ask questions to get the job done most efficiantly.
Pros
Pot Lucks were especially tasty since their were a lot of different foods to try
Cons
It was a temporary job
What I learned
MSHO/MSC+ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnMay 8, 2018
In 2005 I was hired on to be a bilingual MSHO Care Coordinator. I learned that being hired as a bilingual staff I really was under paid in comparison to someone else who had less work experience and was just fresh out of college.
Pros
Loved that documentations were on line and on a system
Cons
it made you really manage your time well
Awkward from the start
Quality Improvement Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2018
The person that hired me left before i started and the subsequent manager wanted qualifications I did not have. It was a difficult position to find myself in.
Pros
location convenient
Cons
Management situation was difficult
Very competitive
Appeals and Grievances (CAG) Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2018
UCare was a very busy and with a high turn over. It was difficult to find your place in the company because of the high turn over. There was an overall lack of direction. There was an overall sense of insecurity.
Public Affairs Internship
PUBLIC AFFAIRS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2018
Wonderful experience working with legislators and executive staff from other insurers. Internship perks were fun and allowed for me to network and create connections for post-grad.
friendly
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I wasn't the first one they offered the to, that person quit after 2 months, then I got the call for the job.
I worked at UCare for 5 years until I was laid off.
Typical day was busy from start to finish.
Management was so so
Everyone in the department got along well, we help each other out when we had extra time.
The most enjoyable was the department outings
Pros
company functions
Cons
department moved 4 times in 5 years
Good
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2018
Ucare is a very good company, their pay and benefits are very decent. The area you are given to work in is very comfortable. Only downfall there is, is that the customer service dept is filled with favoritism It becomes a very uncomfortable place to work when you can see the favoritism as clear as day.
Pros
pay
Cons
per notes
productive and fun workplace
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2018
I had fun working for ucare and I will be forever mad at myself for miss it up with this company.
I enjoyed working with people and talking \ working with the members.
Pros
Productive and fun work place
Cons
It was hard to keep to schedule when the calls made you go over the time you was schedule to break
Meetings
Software Engineer - SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2018
If you love meetings, using none of your skills, and hearing "I don't know" and "Oh you have to request access for that", and waiting weeks or months to spend 5 minutes doing what you were hired to do - this is the place for you!

Where IT careers go to die.
Pros
Do nothing but sit around if that's your thing, nice people
Cons
No one has a clue what's going on, you use none of your skills, all meetings, no work, management has no clue what is happening
another waste of time
Infrastructure AD/Server Hardening (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2018
another waste of time x10. please remove these questionnaires as they take up way too much time that could be used to actually get another position...

Want to know more about UCARE?

Ask a question
Highly political
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2017
The company has leaders that dabble in extreme levels of politics. Employees are not pushed to innovate and ask questions. If you are someone who wants to keep your head down, and barely work at all, then this place is for you. But you will have long, boring weeks with little reward. UCare offers free coffee daily, but doesn't provide cups or silverware for employees. You must bring your own. Parking is horrible as well. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Politics, culture, slow moving, old technology
Difficult to write a review at this time...
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 8, 2017
UCare is going through a culture change and at this time it is a difficult competitive place to work. UCare previously always put the member and providers first. This has shifted and is no longer always the primary concern. This was a difficult environment for me to work under.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Management and Upper Managerment disconnect with employees
Pleasant Work Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 30, 2017
I was hired to field calls regarding new health care policy, and the response was not as high as anticipated. The average call volume was 5 calls per day.
Great work life balance
Security Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 9, 2017
Great work life balance in a growing company with opportunities in multiple areas. Location is good.
Management is open despite a demanding environment
Productive, Fun, Flaxable work place
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 7, 2017
While doing customer service (call center) at Ucare, Medica, and DCM. I have had tuff calls with customers. Some can be very upset where name calling can become an issues. And other times customers are very please. While dealing with these customers I remain calm, caring, and made sure I understood every want and need.
Overall wasn't a good work environment
Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 2, 2017
Would not recommend this organization for employment. The work environment and management were not engaged in the daily activities and seemed to not have an interest.
great compnay
Coordination Of Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2017
friendly and supportive management
Lots of room for growth and promotion
flexible schedules
great benefits
Great work ethics
Close to downtown Mpls
great salary
Terrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2017
Company went downhill after layoffs in October 2015 when 50% of staff were let go. No CEO, new manager's and supervisor's terrible and not supportive to staff. Many good people have left.
Pros
salary and benefits decent
Cons
extreme micro management
UCare was a good place to work.
Care Management and Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2017
While it was a very stressful environment, UCare was a very good place to work. They were very committed to helping people learn and succeed in their jobs.
Pros
nice environment
Cons
stressful work
This was not a good experience
Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 14, 2017
I was brought in as a consultant. There was a power struggle going on between the manager and full time business analyst and they both tried to put me in the middle. Not a good experience at all.
Pros
Cons
Not a good enviornment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCARE. Our community is ready to answer.