UCARE Employee Reviews

Great pay and benefist, the best out there!!
Bilingual Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 25, 2019
Amazing place to work, the only issue was the job itself, long hours on the phone can be overwhelming, but if you have to work at a call center this might just be the best place to work for.
Pros
free lunches
Would not recommend to highly experienced professionals
Utilization Review Specialist RN (Former Employee) –  NE Mpls, MNFebruary 23, 2019
UCare lacks professional courtesy throughout. It's all in who you know, how subservient and docile you can be while watching less qualified staff walk all over you.
Human Resources is the least professional department. Expect no support, encouragement or confidentiality in any professional or personal matters.
If looking for an entry-level position within an HMO, UCare is a great place to start so you'll know what NOT to seek in an employer in future endeavors.
Pros
Location close to downtown. Newer office equipment. Friendly front desk receptionist.
Cons
Clinical management lacks effective leadership. Micromanagement throughout. No cafeteria. Parking
The Company was a great company
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 15, 2018
I loved working for this company very laid back, with minimal supervision,. all my coworkers was very nice and understandable, management was the best
Transitional time with Ucare
Clinical Services Scheduler (onsite (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 3, 2018
My assessment would not be fair of U care due to the fact they did not get the state wide contract with Medicare and they had to down size due to money involved. I was hoping to stay on board but the temp job was through Aerotek and it went from contract to hire to contract only. I have a child in college and needed benefits, my goal was to stay with Ucare with the opportunity to come on permanent. Everything was up in the air. Culture was tough, high walls on the cubs and no interaction with coworkers. However since then I have seen great changes to the cubes and they are lower and comfortable. Bravo to Ucare! Aerotek knew what was up with the contracting and did not share all info and has happened to me with this company one other time. I will never work for Aerotek again.
Pros
supportive management, good safe parking
Cons
high walls on cubs.
interest
not positive feedback
critical of your work
don't
maybe
really don't like this review
mixed feelings
not sure i can say much
really not much to say
can be good
can be negative
mangement can be nice
and sometimes not so nice
Pros
facilties
Cons
under thumb monitor
Enjoyable environment
Utilization Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
The environment is very pleasing. People enjoy working together. Calm environment. Clean and the cubicles are wonderful. Resources to do your job at pretty great.
Pros
Great pay and great people
Healthcare
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 21, 2018
The best part of the job is:
Working across departments.
Learning about special needs programs; the programs were inter-dependent with the State of MN.
Building relationships with my colleagues.
Would rather not provide
Cred Supervisor/Reg & Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2018
Would rather not provide a response to this question. But because this is a required field, there was a lack of communication and respect within the department that I worked. I worked in the company for about 18 years and never had any issues with a supervisor/manager and a new supervisor was hired and caused problems for myself and another co-coworker. Felt the new supervisor had singled me out.
Special Restaurants came in weekly with new foods to try
Provider Assistance Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 6, 2018
Coworkers are willing to help with questions about the work and assisted with problem areas like finding information about claims processing. My supervisors were very knowledgable about all processes of the claims area. The hardest part of call center was trying to research some problem questions, however, we usually over came the obstacles and were able to get the issues resolved in a timely, accurate manner. I really enjoyed the interaction between the callers and my coworkers. I learned how important it is to research, investigate and ask questions to get the job done most efficiantly.
Pros
Pot Lucks were especially tasty since their were a lot of different foods to try
Cons
It was a temporary job
What I learned
MSHO/MSC+ Care Manager (Former Employee) –  MinnMay 8, 2018
In 2005 I was hired on to be a bilingual MSHO Care Coordinator. I learned that being hired as a bilingual staff I really was under paid in comparison to someone else who had less work experience and was just fresh out of college.
Pros
Loved that documentations were on line and on a system
Cons
it made you really manage your time well
Awkward from the start
Quality Improvement Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 23, 2018
The person that hired me left before i started and the subsequent manager wanted qualifications I did not have. It was a difficult position to find myself in.
Pros
location convenient
Cons
Management situation was difficult
Community Relations Assistant
Community Relations Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 30, 2018
Tabling and scheduling conferences, educating the community about this health plan; great people; fun work environment and consistent work. I was unfortunately laid off along with many wonderful dedicated people.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Temp position/laid off
Very competitive
Appeals and Grievances (CAG) Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2018
UCare was a very busy and with a high turn over. It was difficult to find your place in the company because of the high turn over. There was an overall lack of direction. There was an overall sense of insecurity.
Public Affairs Internship
PUBLIC AFFAIRS INTERN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 20, 2018
Wonderful experience working with legislators and executive staff from other insurers. Internship perks were fun and allowed for me to network and create connections for post-grad.
friendly
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 19, 2018
I wasn't the first one they offered the to, that person quit after 2 months, then I got the call for the job.
I worked at UCare for 5 years until I was laid off.
Typical day was busy from start to finish.
Management was so so
Everyone in the department got along well, we help each other out when we had extra time.
The most enjoyable was the department outings
Pros
company functions
Cons
department moved 4 times in 5 years
Good
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2018
Ucare is a very good company, their pay and benefits are very decent. The area you are given to work in is very comfortable. Only downfall there is, is that the customer service dept is filled with favoritism It becomes a very uncomfortable place to work when you can see the favoritism as clear as day.
Pros
pay
Cons
per notes
productive and fun workplace
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2018
I had fun working for ucare and I will be forever mad at myself for miss it up with this company.
I enjoyed working with people and talking \ working with the members.
Pros
Productive and fun work place
Cons
It was hard to keep to schedule when the calls made you go over the time you was schedule to break
Meetings
Software Engineer - SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 11, 2018
If you love meetings, using none of your skills, and hearing "I don't know" and "Oh you have to request access for that", and waiting weeks or months to spend 5 minutes doing what you were hired to do - this is the place for you!

Where IT careers go to die.
Pros
Do nothing but sit around if that's your thing, nice people
Cons
No one has a clue what's going on, you use none of your skills, all meetings, no work, management has no clue what is happening
another waste of time
Infrastructure AD/Server Hardening (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2018
another waste of time x10. please remove these questionnaires as they take up way too much time that could be used to actually get another position...
Highly political
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 16, 2017
The company has leaders that dabble in extreme levels of politics. Employees are not pushed to innovate and ask questions. If you are someone who wants to keep your head down, and barely work at all, then this place is for you. But you will have long, boring weeks with little reward. UCare offers free coffee daily, but doesn't provide cups or silverware for employees. You must bring your own. Parking is horrible as well. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Politics, culture, slow moving, old technology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCARE. Our community is ready to answer.