UCB Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Unstable Compnay
Procurement Analyst /AP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 12, 2018
Very unstable and indecisive company. It it is poorly structured and very unprofessional. Very unstructured environment and very high turn over. It's not a long term goal for most.
Pros
Has free Parking
Cons
Poorly managed.
Senior Sales Support Coordination
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJuly 10, 2018
Responsibilities in Sales Operations included administrative support to department personnel as well as the US sales force of over 400 representatives. Updated sales roster with personnel changes and distributed report to appropriate departments as well as the sales force, sorted and mailed weekly sales reports. Other duties as required.

Enjoyed my job

Assisted in the development of a new computer sales tools for the sales representatives.

Flexible working hours
Director
R&D Director (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27617June 25, 2018
UCB Bioscience is very focused on patients. I am very impressed with the company bringing in patients with the diseases our research and drugs are targeted to improve. This linkage to the patient is very encouraging and informative on how to improve future clinical trials.
Pros
Focus on Patients
Cons
How employees in the USA are treated compared to Europe
District Manager
Managed Care/District Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 4, 2018
Best Job I had, was able to work my way from representative to trainer to manager. Excellent meetings. multiple training and self improvement opportunities.

As a manager was provided necessary tools and support to assist my staff and help them in their career development
Pros
Salary and Commission structure, travel
Cons
My entire Division was being consistently reduced until eventual elimination
Intersting work place with a lot of travel
Hardware Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMay 11, 2018
Great work place with a lot of different assignments that included a lot of travel over the country. No week was ever the same and the organization was extremely professional.
Pros
Cons
really no cons
no teview
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2018
I was not at UCB for very long and worked very independently. Because of the type of work I did and the amount time of time I was there, I am not comfortable reviewing this company for any future pharmaceutical professionals.
Good Training and Great People
Collector (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 3, 2018
Great opportunity for those seeking positions in a call center. Huge potential to make money! I received more training there than I have at other sales positions, they definitely invest in their employees.
Outstanding Culture, Patient Focused, Progressive Company
Sr. Clinical Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Penn Hills, PAApril 15, 2018
UCB is a fabulous company with the amazing culture of a smaller biopharmaceutical company. Everyone is very helpful and approachable. UCB really does make you feel like part of the bigger picture and treats you like an adult and fairly.
Great
Business Management, Patient Safety (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
Great place to work. Awesome culture, collaborative, innovate and welcoming. Professional development is encouraged. Open door policy is taken seriously.
Mid-size environment, great for self-driven employees
US Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
I really enjoy the type of work and autonomy at UCB. Individuals have the opportunity to make huge contributions because it's still a relatively small company in the US. The downside is high turnover in commercial areas and the HQ in Brussels (low understanding of US environment).

Want to know more about UCB Pharmaceuticals?

Ask a question
Stay away
Professional Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILApril 4, 2018
Expect results with no leveraging power. Good ol' boys club mentality. Very stressful, long hours planning and strategizing. Loved the job, just not the company
hours
Debt Collector and Early Out Representative (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 26, 2018
this a great job for someone who is single and no kids the training is as you need to know basis and very hands on and faced paced. they mentality is you are not a person your like you need your eto in order to anything but the company makes you use 4 hrs for 30 mins very unfair,
Pros
hour lunch
Great Team Work
Global Transparency Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Brussel-HoofdstadMarch 17, 2018
Great atmosphere within the Compliance and Awareness Team. I believe the drive and integrity of this Team should be used as an example for any Pharmaceutical Company
Pros
Flexible Working Scheme
Cons
good
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMarch 11, 2018
the job was a program for students that were studying in the university. I have no issue with the management or the professor, they were very helpful at that moment of my life. I am very grateful with them.
Not a good company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Poor company to work for. Poor management. No room for advancement unless your a butt kisser. The bonuses are not what you expect as they claim. Overall a poor company to work for
Talented Employees
Strategic Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2018
UCB has a tremendously talented team of employees. However, it suffers from a lack of growth and development opportunities for individuals, which results in an often unhealthy competitive and opportunistic culture instead of a productive, collaborative environment.
Pros
Bright, talented employees, Great benefits
Cons
Lack of opportunty. Ultra-opportunistic culture
Great Place to Work
Accounts Receivable Accountant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 4, 2018
This was a wonderful place to work at and the environment is just awesome. Management trains you extensively and does their due diligence. I only left because I became pregnant and the doctor recommended bed rest for me and I wasn't a perm employee so had to let this job go.
Pros
Management-Home Life Balance
Boring terrible job
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I am a debt collector and collecting money on any account can help make what the job calls a bonus check If there's no money being collected then the managers would get on everybody but mostly with what I personally feel like it's being applied with pressure. When money isn't being made its because account holders mainly don't answer or aren't able to pay. The pressure shouldn't be applied when it isn't the collectors fault. The enjoyable part is when i only get to leave voicemail.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
the hours
Good employer
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 24, 2017
good employer to work for
enjoyed my time with the company
must be flexible and adaptable
changing priorities
changing work environment
good to be self directed and motivated
It all depends on your manager
Primary Care Sales (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GADecember 18, 2017
When I started I was on a contract assignment. UCB took me on permanently after a year. The gentleman that hired me retired shortly afterward and my most vile coworker was promoted to our manager.
Needless to say the culture and moral went down hill. Six months after I quit he was fired...
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
5 products and multiple dosing & a heinous manager