UCB Employee Reviews

good
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMarch 11, 2018
the job was a program for students that were studying in the university. I have no issue with the management or the professor, they were very helpful at that moment of my life. I am very grateful with them.
Not a good company to work for
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Poor company to work for. Poor management. No room for advancement unless your a butt kisser. The bonuses are not what you expect as they claim. Overall a poor company to work for
Boring terrible job
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I am a debt collector and collecting money on any account can help make what the job calls a bonus check If there's no money being collected then the managers would get on everybody but mostly with what I personally feel like it's being applied with pressure. When money isn't being made its because account holders mainly don't answer or aren't able to pay. The pressure shouldn't be applied when it isn't the collectors fault. The enjoyable part is when i only get to leave voicemail.
Pros
The benefits
Cons
the hours
Perfect place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belgium, WINovember 10, 2017
Result oriented but relaxed place to work.
I would recommend to work with UCB if you want to develop your skills in the Health field. French or Dutch are probably required.
love it
COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 19, 2017
talking a lot on the phone to patients collecting payment for medicla bills. fast pace locating the right info. on the right screen. multi- tasking throgh at least 4 -5 screens on one phone call. Management was great.
Pros
Cons
training
No Job Security
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 27, 2017
Their is no job security and the is extremely limited potential for growth. A lot of favoritism and a lack of proper training. Management plays favorites and they discriminate against people who have learning handicaps.
Pros
Cons
No potential for growth no job security
Good Place to work
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMay 31, 2017
Challenging experience, good teamwork, various recess, extracurricular activities. Available Federal Grants for projects. Student life and enviroment.
Pros
Medical Plan
Cons
Limited leave of absence
Poor place to work
Director of Operations, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 23, 2016
If you're looking for a place where your efforts are appreciated and your results are rewarded - skip this place. It it is simply not a place to build a career. It is a good place to work when you're in between jobs or if you're not the primary income of the household. Don't expect to be appreciated much, and make sure you only take this job if you have the flexibility to quit at the drop of a dime.
wonderful
Collector (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2016
great atmosphere, wonderful coworkers, wonderful management, great incentives, lunches were good. great feedback daily
Pros
customers
Salary
Collector (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLSeptember 10, 2016
Doesnt keep their word about raises after 90 days, only the collectors that have been there 10 years or better are really the ones that gets incoming calls. And makes real money for a bonus check. I hate the fact the pay schedule is set days of each month.
Pros
Cons
No raises, favoritism, not a place to work if you are seriously looking for real money to make
A "C' company
Supervisor of Student Loans and Trainer; Dublin (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHAugust 21, 2016
Was Fortunate to grow from Collector to Supervisor, hire 80% of own staff, and developed them. Once had a new Manager my development increased, was always able to improve training program
because that was one of my strong points.

Typical Day was balanced between my Collectors, Clients, and fellow Supervisors along with other Corportate needs, however the priorties were the collectors and the clients.
Pros
Teamwork of my Team and fellow managers
Cons
Lack of concern by owner
Fun and challenging
Medical Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 14, 2016
Co-workers are helpful
Challenging position
Can be stressful
Pay is based on bonuses
Monday through Friday
Not a lot of training provided
Learn mostly on your own
Not bad if looking for a job
Neuroscience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAApril 12, 2016
not a bad company if looking for a job. If looking for a career, look elsewhere. District managers are good senior management needs a self check.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short Career
Productive fast pace environment
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 27, 2016
Always busy, making phone calls or receiving phone calls. Convincing people to pay off their debt and even play with numbers a bit. Supervisors are always there to help and prepare you for different scenarios that you may come across of. Hardest part is finding the consumer and actually getting them to stay on the phone with you and not hang up.
Great people and excellent place to work
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
What i enjoy most is the people at this company. Everyone is very friendly and a great group to work with.

Each day in the office im able to learn new things and build new relationships
Team work and focus on patient
HR Answers Specialist (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed very much working for UCB for the last one year.
I feel valued and got tons of support from management and my peers. I can truly say that I enjoy everyone who works here and that it is an environment in which I want to come to work every day and I'm proud to say I work here."
The fact the we all work towards the same goals truly fulfill me
Pros
Free gym, great family day
Telephone collections
Collections (Former Employee) –  Maumee OhAugust 18, 2015
This job was moved to a different state. I had mainly negative experiences working here, which helped me get motivated to change career paths.
Can't Stay Long
Sales (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Too many people in management positions that don't know what they are doing. Some haven't ever managed people before and their teams are used as experiments for them to become one with no formal training and transition. Management should really truly value their team by their action and not giving lip service that doesn't add up. You stay too long the place will drain you of all of your true intelligence because it seems like if you are clueless you are better off there than being an intelligent person. If you value your job and work hard you are stuck in your position, but if you don't do anything and just look busy you will be great and set up for success!!
Not the healthiest place to work mentally
Receivables Management (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 23, 2014
Management is poor and the work ethics are low. Not a job I would recommend unless you need to something to get you on your feet.
Very demanding
Debt Collector (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OhioMay 15, 2014
UCB is very demanding. They are about collecting debt for their clients and making their goals for the month. Management isn't the greatest, but they will get the job done. Co-workers are nice but it's a job not a place to make friends. The hardest part of the job is making the monthly goal when consumers don't want to pay their debt. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you collect a lot and know that your in bonus.