UCHealth Employee Reviews

Lack of equitable pay and disregard of education unless you are a nurse
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 22, 2018
The job itself is fantastic as an exercise physiologist. The issue is with management lacking leadership skill and an environment that is not healthy for the amount of stress that is put on you. Management has a habit of not listening to staff suggestions. Also being paid the same as a technician who has an associates degree vs an exercise physiologist having a minimum of a bachelors degree if not a masters degree. In all, unless you are a physician or a nurse, UCHealth will not compensate you appropriately, as well as competing hospital systems paying exercise physiologist up to 25% more.
Pros
Patient interaction, discounts.
Cons
Lack of equitable pay. Disregard for higher education.
Its all about the culture!
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TEAM LEAD, UCH (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 20, 2018
I absolutely love the culture at UCHealth. Everyone is there to learn and to help our patients no matter what position they are in. Everyone is very encouraging to each other about improving knowledge and skills.
Fun
PUBLIC HEALTH INTERN (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 17, 2018
People were friendly and accomodating. People willing to help with many things and there is opportunity to learn a lot from other people and the organization.
Very good company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 15, 2018
This has been the best hospital I have worked in. Surgeons and anesthesia are world class. Call is very manageable and the staff are mostly above average
Pros
great surgeons and call is good
Cons
Some processes are odd
Lacks diversity
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 15, 2018
There is an illusion of inclusion. More diversity is needed in the organization. Decisions made without employee input or at least considered. Team spirit is lacking across the system.
Pros
Cons
Poor management/leadership structure
Co workers are great! Management and HR are very questionable?
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 14, 2018
Sadly uchealth Management and Human Resources, have covered up blatant mismanagement and company policies when it comes to certain departments for so many years. It is who you know and who knows all the dirt under the carpet that saves the worst employees at uchealth.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Unsavoury Management
Good Place to work - Upper Management needs some work
Advanced Practice Provider Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 8, 2018
UCHealth is focused on their employees and their job advancement, however, upper management needs work on becoming leaders vs. being managers. They need to work on not being afraid of failing become more focused on building their employees up.
Pros
discounts at sporting events - good work culture
Cons
micromanaging upper management
love this organization
Sterile Processing Tech/Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 7, 2018
best place i have ever worked. would love to continue working for this organization. Has let me grow and learn and advance as i see fit for my life and mt family.
One of the best teaching hospitals in the country
Advanced Care Partner (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 1, 2018
The nursing staff is extremely professional and skilled. They adhere to nursing standards and provide nursing care based on best-evidence from research.
Pros
Excellent outcomes, scientific-based care, adequate wages
Cons
Unsafe neighborhoods surrounding hospital
This was a management position involving the supervision of research in oncology.
Team Manager - Oncology (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMay 1, 2018
I was a supervisor responsible for the oversight of research coordinators performing research in the following areas of oncology: BMT, gynecology, GU, and breast cancer. Although my primary role was that of a supervisor I often assisted in the role of a research coordinator given the large workload and intensity of some of the trials being performed. This also allowed me to have hands on experience which made it easier for me to have adequate oversight over the paperwork to ensure accurate and reliable data collection.
Pros
Hands on experience with patients, stimulating culture, love of oncology
Cons
Some lack of support as manager, lack of staff, some lack of investigator support
Great place to work.
Medical Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 25, 2018
Great benefits and retirement plans. Advancement opportunities. Learned a lot over the 18 years of employment. Nice work environment. Loved working with patients and staff.
Benefits
Great Place
Intake Access Coordinator/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 24, 2018
Great place to work. Is very stressful. This facility is growing rapidly and often we are not staffed appropriately. I cannot speak for other departments but my boss is great.
great place
Medication access specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 18, 2018
Great place to work. Room for improvement. Would like to see advancement within the department that was working in. People accept your role and help you out.
I dont wanna do this
IS REVENUE CYCLE PRINCIPAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2018
3 years later and I still feel so lucky to work here! My HR (People) leadership team supports me and constantly pushes me to grow. My goals and the goals of my teammates are clear, and we are encouraged to help each other and teach each other along the way. My opportunities feel endless here, there is always something new and exciting to work on around the corner. The benefits are extremely generous: free healthcare …
Not what it once was
Employee (Current Employee) –  Poudre Valley HospitalApril 17, 2018
Management is very poor and often job responsibilities continue to grow without an increase in compensation. Promises and job descriptions reviewed during the hiring process are often disregarded, ignored and/or changed without explanation. Benefits and PTO are the only positive. The work environment is naturally high stress however it is made more difficult by under qualified and disconnected mangement. This translates into a general feeling of resentment between staff, a lack of support when problems arise and a sense you are on your own when faced with difficult challenges. The company focus is more on achieving “patient statisfaction” at the cost of employee safety, experience and engagement.
Benefits
Cons
Management, work environment
Great place
Patient Access Team Lead Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 17, 2018
This employer as a whole is amazing. Unfortunately, I did not pick the best department to move to. The department is too big and we are in the process of fixing that, but the department will continue to suffer for the next 2-3 years. The Supervisor and Manager are never on the floor and are hardly available.
Busy clinic with good coworkers
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COApril 17, 2018
Because this clinic is a mixed model, it can get very hectic at times and each receptionist must know how to do every department. There are times when getting a break is not possible, but the company seems to be growing and more help has been hired. Sticking to your specific department is ideal but must often help with overlap.
Overall, good place to work.
RN Patient Line Triage (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 14, 2018
Great managers and training. Pay is not competitive. Many promises made with good intentions, but do not pan out. Good culture with positive people. Work flow changes daily causing much confusion.
Going through growing pains
Learning & Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 14, 2018
UCHealth provides excellent care to it's patients. The organization is growing very quickly and is going through growing pains at the moment.

In the future UCHealth will be a health care system in the Colorado Region to reckon with.

It's an environment where you constantly fear for your job!!!!
Pros
Retirement Program
Cons
Leadership and Management
Big organization with high manager/director turnover.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 13, 2018
Colorado Springs UCHealth provides a large, fast- paced hospital setting, with diverse patients and an evidence-based approach to medicine. Some clinics act independently of the UCHealth culture but overall people seem to like their jobs. I worked at Memorial for about a year; 6 months in radiology, 6 months in cardiology. From the beginning HR gave me the run around- the job posting was inaccurate, the amount of call expected of me was not clearified, and how my pay would be adjusted for PRN was completely inconsistent with company policy. The director of Radiology was great and had a clear, though unconventional, approach to department management. After 6 months with the company I moved from Radiology to Cardiology where I was told I would eventually become the lead technologist of nuclear cardiology. They even asked me to come back for a second interview to discuss how I would handle conflict so management doesn’t have to get involved with department issues.

Well, after three months on the job and being asked to take on lead responsibilities, I still hadn’t received the pay raise that was discussed at my interview. Eventually it became clear that management in Cardiology was completely incompetent to the point where I was set up to fail. “You asked for it,” was how management responded to my request for appropriate compensation. I then found out that there was never a “lead” position submitted to HR, they had no intention of changing my title or increasing my pay anytime soon. To which I declined taking on more responsibilities than what was in my job description.

From
  more... the time I was hired in the cardiology department I was given no preceptor, competencies, or clear expectations. It wasn’t until I was being written up that I was aware of a problem with my performance. When this was brought up with HR, they “coached” my manager on how to “deal with me”. For all I know I was on the path to termination from that point on. After that meeting, whenever I asked for clarefication or brought up safety issues, I was deamed “disrespectful” as if I didn’t have over 10 years of experience in my field.

No amount of pay is worth that kind of harassment and unprofessionalism I received from UCHealth in the last three months I worked there. I had never quit a job on the spot but once it was clear that I had no one on my side, it was time to go. Memorial Hospital is a circus- if you like that kind of crazy chaos, it just might be the place for you! Don’t trust HR- they will smile in your face when you bring up words like “retaliation” then literally train your manager on how to get you out ASAP. HR will encourage safety reporting only for your supervisor to passive aggressively tell you to hold off while they work on issues only for nothing to be fixed. UCHealth is just not worth it, not when the job market is finally competitive. To compromise what you know is right to follow incompetent management will cause an I believable amount of conflict both internally and between you and your coworkers. Getting out of that hostile situation was the best thing I could have done to protect myself and my career.
Pros
Interesting Patients
Cons
Terrible HR and Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight