UCHealth Employee Reviews

Working at UCH
Nursing House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Universit of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, COOctober 11, 2018
As House Supervisor the day starts with managing capacity, staff availability and projects for the day. Morning huddle with managers and charge nurses allow for everyone to know the plan for the day. Once the priorities are set, I would assist the staff in accomplishing their goals. The staff goals should equal the goals of the patients being admitted, cared for and discharged.
Pros
Collaborative meetings
Cons
Not enough capacity for demand
Great retirement
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 26, 2018
I feel like UCH is definatly a place you can grow with. There is always opportunity to learn to promote yourself. I just feel like UCH is not up on the economy rate.
Pros
Can use badge like a credit card
Cons
lunch is too short. Pay is not enough
lack of Loyalty to employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2018
there is no Loyalty to their employees. Don't ever think you will get the support if you ever need it. They may just walk on you without lessening to what .... to what?
Pros
pension plan
Cons
some times no break
BIRTH REGISTRATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 11, 2018
The management in the HIM Department is Horrible. Not there for their employees, expectations of new employees is ridiculous. Not give the proper training to do the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Horrible place to work.
You don’t matter at UCHealth
Staff (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2018
Toxic work environment. Caste system sets Senior Leadership at top, Doctors next, Nurses right behind them, and Allied Health are relegated to the gutter as the filthy unwashed masses. If you’re not a nurse or a doctor then you are trash. Leadership perpetuates this horrible cycle of abuse and reminds us that all staff are easily expendable while they prowl for their next “throat to choke."
Pros
retirement plan
Cons
toxic environment
Fun somewhat easy place to work for as all personal desired to make the work environment better
relieg supervisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 10, 2018
I worked there since 2001. Started in the Laboratory worked my way up to supervisor. UChealth was going to take over and I caught wind of a significant management change and went back to school for respiratory. Came back when it was UChealth. Many management changes, system changes and policy changes but everyone handled it well
Paid Intern
Mechanic Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 5, 2018
Paid Intern for Mech Team while in school for Electrical Engineer and Solar Technology at Ecotech Institute. Great job for my school schedule. I would do this if offered as a student again.
Pros
walk to work
Cons
in a hospital
Great place to work if you're a nurse
Supervisor of Clinic Office Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2018
There is little to no career advancement for those who are not clinical. Operations management positions are filled with outside applicants or individuals participating in the fellows program.
Productive and very culturally diverse place to work.
Nutrition Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for uchealth, I learned a lot about team work and time management the most. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my clients and witnessing their effort to be have a better diet.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
growth
Satisfying Day's work, Management is it's biggest problem.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 1, 2018
Hard but satisfying work for those who don't mind hard labor. Management at times unhelpful, uncooperative and tend to be overbearing on employees. I have often times felt as if some of the managers have looked down and have been condescending to staff, especially if they make minor mistakes. Most of the employees, however, are very kind, hospitable and welcoming to new comers.
Pros
Two 30 minute breaks (Paid and Unpaid), Helpful Staff, Good Pay, two free pairs of uniforms, helpful and paid two week training, good benefits
Cons
Bad management, occasional shortage of supplies, strict job attendance policies, low discounts for employees
good stepping stone
Patient Line Liaison (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 1, 2018
It was a good learning job, and it was quite fast based. It did seem, however that they were more concerned about the amount of money that you brought in a not the care and and need of the patient. Working there was nice and I liked the people.
Pros
15 min breaks
Cons
not social
high stress
Cook (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 30, 2018
no management help or teamwork. worked you like a dog. hardest part was management. workplace is highly stressful and you have to be able to be talked to anyway by employees and staff and management with no help from hr.
Pros
cheap benifits
Cons
everything its a big list
Loved it
Transplant Collector (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 29, 2018
I worked tow Work queue and was a very independent collector and was able to help patients. It was a high-stress environment with lots of demands from management and the patients.
Uch
Ancillary Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2018
This was a great place to learn. Many people of UCH thought they were/are TOO COOL for school. Would love to go back but isn't worth the pay! I hope this helps!
UCHealth is a very reputable organization to be a part of.
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 22, 2018
UCHealth is a really good organization to work for. We care about quality care for our patients every single day. The 3 things that I think need to be revamped are, compensation (pay), PTO - vacation, sick time, and holidays need to be all separate, and there needs to be more opportunity for advancement within the organization.
This job paid paid well until I was laid off.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 20, 2018
This job was needed for patients and family as well as other staff members and outside providers but the family members were left to take care of themselves.
Pros
Several outside locations.
Cons
Patients and family members were last thought.
Sr Leadership is Not Patient Centered
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 18, 2018
UCH used to be a really great place to work. However, Sr Leadership turned over and now it is run like a corporation with patient care at the bottom of the priority list.
Pros
Under current leadership none.
Cons
Sr Leadership reigning with unchecked power
Most Challenging and Rewarding ER to work in
Certified Flight Nurse for, Air (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2018
Can't say enough good things about UC Health. I learned everything about trauma in that ER and later went on to become a trauma fight nurse.

The organization was close knit and managers always available to talk. I helped institute a metal detector and was always pro-active in staff safety.

I have nothing negative to say other then I miss it there terribly. Had I never moved back to the east I would still be there. I worked with some of the best nurses and physicians, some pioneers of ER medicine and was proud to be part of many projects including research, QA and writing two chapters in a nursing books.
Pros
Everything there was awesome
Cons
nothing negative to say
Par
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 12, 2018
Occupational Health department was exciting due to working alone. Being responsible for all of the workers compensation patients. Getting to know adjusters.
Insufficient staffing
IT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 11, 2018
Company is growing rapidly and will not hire sufficient staffing to complete all the work needed. Too much work, not enough time and no support from management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight