UCHealth
Here to help: Coronavirus update

UCHealth Employee Reviews

United States930 reviews
Featured review
UCHealth selected this as a representative review
Love my job
I love working for UCHealth. They have wonderful staff and management. UCHealth really makes you feel like a family and take care of you. The culture has been great! Everybody is so willing to help and learn.
great place to work
This company really cares about their employees and wants to help them succeed and better themselves, even if it doesn't benefit the company directly.
Uncommunicative Environment
From my experience, all managers have so much on their plate they don't have time to properly train or supervise employees. UCH would benefit from growing from within, but with a lack lusture culture, it is hard to imagine anyone would be given the opporunity or support to move up in the company.
I enjoyed that I learned something new everyday.
Being that UC Health is a teaching hospital, there was always something new to learn. The doctors there don’t mind reinforcing teaching with you and the staff is always there to help.
I have been working for UC Health for 2 years. It has been a wonderful place to work. My co-workers are very knowledgeable and love to work in collaboration for the best outcomes of our patients. Management is great, and really care about their employees. They work hard each day to make sure we have a great place to come to work. They have a healthy balance between being fiscally responsible, providing top care, and advancing the knowledge and skills of their employees. It is a big organization so things can move slow, but they do eventually get done.
Very poor pay
I am a front line employee. We are in the Covid rooms all day long. Recently they informed us that we are not getting a merit increase this year. This is like a slap in the face. They also took away tuition reimbursement. For a teaching hospital, this is pretty pathetic. Not a nice way to treat the front line employees who are risking their lives.
I am grateful to have a job and understand they need to make cuts, but why X-ray, we are crazy busy. Why not get rid of some of the executives.
It’s hit or miss
Pay for certain jobs are below national and regional averages. The job itself should be renamed as you will be doing more janitorial work than actually assisting providers. If you are looking to get hands on experience or come from a hospital that actually assists providers run away. They offer sign on bonuses to keep people locked for two years knowing they want to leave due to job responsibilities not lining up with what they were told.
Work Environment
Don’t feel very supportive at my job. My boss doesn’t support me and don’t feel like I’m listened to when I voice my concerns. don’t believe that management is open minded and not willing to listen to my concerns or issues.
Great Company
It was a great place to work, fun atmosphere and had caring Management. I enjoyed working with the diverse groups of people, patients and coworkers alike. Overall, safe and ethical organization to work for. I'm hoping to work for the company again now that I'm an RN.
Great company with great benefits
UCHealth is a great company to work for. I am paid fairly and the benefits are amazing. Management at the Greeley Hospital seems to care about their staff.
Benefits
Cons
Difficult to move up into management
LifeLine (DocLine)
While the pay is decent in terms of “market”, they do not pay well for what they ask of you. Management does not care about their employees, they are all expendable. They could care less about a work life balance for their employees. When I was first interviewed, the job duties were not even close to what they presented. You are not a dispatcher, you are the middle man between people needing transports, and relaying the info to those who actually dispatch. The whole concept is a joke, and management’s “Vision” is way more than what they can actually accomplish. They are way behind on tech equipment, and their phone system is terrible. 12 hour shifts and barely enough work to stay awake, you will not get the schedule they tell you, they make up ever changing rules as they go, you need to train yourself, your coworkers are in their own clicks (it’s the culture everywhere there). They all complain about everything, and it only brings morale down that much more. The leadership, or lack there of, needs serious reconsideration. It’s honestly one of the worst roles and departments I have ever been in. While I would not recommend this department, UCH as a company is great. They offer great benefits too, despite the forced retirement contribution.
Terrible management
Management acts like we are 2 yrs old. I dont like talking in meetings. But they make you. I love my job its the management thats bad. The pay sucks i barely have enough to pay rent and groceries. They expect too much like goals, abd having a number of documents imported.
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Pay not very good
great teamwork among co workers
Enjoy the challenge of taking care of the sickest of the sick. The teamwork is fantastic. I never have the same day twice and I am always learning new things.
Great benefits
Good benefits everything you need is easy and Accessible and easy to get ahold of somebody when you have questions. Always someone to help you with what you need and great response through emails.
Terrible management
The culture in the lab is terrible. Nothing but bullies harassing the new hires. Management did nothing to stop the harassment and many new hires quit because of this. Managers always had favorites. Beware! Worse work environment ever!!
Great Company
Uchealth is overall a great company to work for. I am able to work from home which allows me to maintain a good home and work life balance. I am able to maintain my household while working full time.
Poor management
High turnover of management and of support staff. Terrible communication of expectations and goals from management team. Saw multiple middle managers leave because of lack of support form upper management.
ICU Nurse
Loved working in the ICU. Great learning environment! Alot of hours plus mandatory on call days but overall no regrets. The people I worked with were very knowledgeable and helpful.
Flexibility
Independence was promoted and supported. Rewarded for quality of work. Education in Utilization Review was available and updated as the policies with Insurance companies changed
I would review between 30-50 cases per day and send all necessary information to the appropriate places
Loved my job
I loved my job. I was proud to work for UCHealth. I left for two reasons: 1. recruited by a competitor for a better job (increased responsibility) and 2. my immediate leader at UCHealth (harassment concerns were reported to HR). Overall, I value the work experience I had while working at UCHealth.
Pros
good benefits
Amazing Place to work
Coworkers were like family, management was amazing, and the hospital system actually cared about it’s patients and employees. Great perks throughout job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCHealth. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UCHealth.