UCHealth Employee Reviews

Over worked and under paid
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 17, 2019
If you want a challenge and to be stressed day after day this is the place for you. Teamwork in respiratory department is barely existent . Work loads were double compared to anywhere I’d been in the last 13 years. There’s a reason local Rts don’t apply to work here.
Pros
Best MICU nurses in the US
Cons
Worst management I’ve ever worked under
learned a lot
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2019
I have learned a lot in my role however there is not a lot of room for advancement. Management and training could definitely improve. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with.
Some good coworkers with one horrible coworker
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 13, 2019
Almost every person I worked with was fantastic with the exception of one. That one individual will stab you in the back and management will do nothing to help you. You will be falsely accused by this staff member and confronted with hostility regularly. Be very cautious before you decide to dip your foot in this pool, you might lose it...
Pros
Pay, benefits decent, direct supervisor
Cons
Ridiculous call schedule, favoritism, work life balance horrible
Employee Health is a Joke
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 4, 2019
Nearby construction has caused three carbon-monoxide exposures to date, and management still refuses to install CO detectors. At least we're getting to know the local fire department really well?
Pros
Monthly bonus incentives
Cons
One thirty minute break per twelve hour shift
UCHealth Cardiac & Vascular vs FSED
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 3, 2019
I love working for UCHealth in general, but I have learned that the pay does not correspond with the varying Patient Access Roles. All PAR positions fall within the one pay rate.
Working in a clinic like the CVC which is much higher pace than other clinics pays that same as any other PAR but also has scheduling requirements that rotate. This is not equivalent in other less busy and more stable PAR positions in the hospital.
Working now as a PAR in an FSED does not pay weekend differential or night differential for PAR's working in these roles.
Growing Company with opportunities if you know someone
HIM Scanning Specialist-Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 2, 2019
I have enjoyed meeting many new people and I have some very close friends now because of the position I am in. You do sit in front of a computer screen all day, they do not give you sit/stand stations so that you have the option, they make you go through disability in order to get one. The manager and supervisor do not micro manage and they do have an open door policy which makes it easy to get questions answered. I have learned a lot about Epic, medical records and the do's and don'ts of scanning. I took this job thinking UCHealth would be a good place to advance my career but after many attempts to apply for other positions that interested me and not even get the chance to interview I have decided to look elsewhere.
Pros
guaranteed 40 hour work weeks
Cons
low pay, hard to advance in the company, no overtime
Teaching/Learning opportuinties
RN, Level III, Medicine Specialties (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 2, 2019
I have had the opportunity to both learn new skills and attend educational opportunities as well as teach new grad RNs and experienced RNs new to the hospital
benefits
Cons
very little discounts for food
Good Place
Patient Access Liaison (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 30, 2018
It was a good place to work. I didn't have any prior experience in call center work and they taught me everything i needed to do the job. Was a good place to work. I liked the people i worked with and for, had good benefits and so on.
Respectful Work Environment with Educational Opportunities and Advancement
Registered Nurse, Level II (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2018
UCHealth was a wonderful company! I started working in the outpatient front desk scheduling and was given an opportunity for a worksite program. A program that allowed me to work full time and go to school full time. While also giving me money for my education, and setting up a job for me once my education was complete!
Pros
Excellent benefits, worker compensation
Cons
Budget constraints effect staffing, like any company.
Great benefits
Healthcare Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 26, 2018
Excellent health care benefits. Pay and raises are not good. I like the team I am working with. There are opportunities to transfer to other departments.
Business Services is not good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2018
Business Services management (manager and above) work their supervisors and team leads to death not taking into consideration change. They love to promote within but if you are hired from the outside they have absolutely no training for those new hires expect training for the computer program they work off of. Nothing else it's sink or swim because they all can't deal with change they all feel new hires should catch on within 3 months if not they start writing you up for their lack of. UCHealth hospitals are great. Their billing and collections need major help starting with their director on the HB side. Job seeker beware when applying for this department.
Pros
Good hospital care
Cons
Collection department needs help on supporting their staff
Work place
Admistrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  psychiatryDecember 23, 2018
It was a very collaborative environment very helpful people, I've been there a long time and have meet some wonderful individuals. whom I'v had the pleaser to work with
Pros
hours were flexable
Cons
not accomidating for school
Great People
Unit Secretary/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed working here as there were a lot of extremely qualified Nurse's, Doctors, and all ancillary staff. The unit management did not have a compassion for her job and in turn it was reflected on the unit.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Unit Management
i am currently still working at UCH
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 12, 2018
I have been in Urology for 17 years and want to possibly venture out to another field, possibly home health, work from home. UCH is a great place to work not to mention the incentives offered.
This is the company to work for in this region
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 11, 2018
This corporation has greatly expanded throughout Colorado, Wyoming, and other states. It's nice to see that it provides so many jobs and saves so many lives.
I enjoyed working there while I was under Revenue Integrity. Once I was transffered to Patient Access, it wasn't as rewarding to me.
Patient Estimate Specialist at the end (Former Employee) –  MAC buildingDecember 10, 2018
I loved the work out center available to employees. I made many good friends while I worked there. I felt I could have been utilized better then I was. Towards the end of my stay there, I did not feel like I was contributing much. It was not rewarding like my job was under Revenue Integrity.
Learned a Lot
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 8, 2018
I felt that this place of employment allowed me the opportunity learn a variety of nursing skills. The physicians and staff really took the time to teach me and I am very grateful to them.
Had the wrong manager
PROJECT MANAGER SCM (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2018
The work environment was very stressful due to poor management by previous manager. Most other team members were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with no support from immediate manager, but full support from the end users.
Depends on your position
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 1, 2018
UCHealth can be an amazing place to work depending on your position and who you get as a manager. The medical team works great together but the emergency department can be a very taxing place to work.
St
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 1, 2018
Management with I was there was very bad. I don't think they cared if you got hurt at work and would not accommodate you for your injuries that where uptained work related.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss