UCHealth logo

UCHealth Employee Reviews

UCHealth insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search.See all 1,015 reviews

Uchealth ophthalmology reviews

I think our doctors are amazing. I think our management could just more training and assistance. The techs need more support and encouragement. They are not checked in with and put a lot of pressure on staff to get things done with a high load of patients and being short staffed. If this changes, the environment would change.Uchealth is an amazing company to work for in general when it comes to benefits and retirement. It's just rmlei or ophthalmology this review is more about

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Short lunch, no management support

Psychiatric Unit (Mountain Crest Behavioral Health)

Mountain Crest Behavioral Health is outdated and underfunded compared to the main campuses. Rooms/bathrooms/common areas are outdated, unit rule/policy changes are not communicated to staff effectively, and supplies are outdated. Overall, many of the nurses and staff are kind. However, the nurse manager and educator are not helpful or present. With updates, better equipment, and a more passionate nurse manager/educator, this could potentially be an awesome place to work. However, I do not see these changes happening soon. Maintenance is difficult to locate and is usually smoking outside multiple times a day.

Pros

Kind nurses

Cons

No legal 15 minute breaks provided or offered

Really awesome

Such a great opportunity, with really wonderful benefits and a chance to meet people in similar life stages with similar goals who are easy to help motivate each other

Safe, good place to work. Good culture

Management cared about work/life ratio and did well at accommodating time off/etc. Work culture was supportive and encouraged growth. Hardest part of the job was low work pay - probably a state issue but for a large organization I expected better pay for the work and hours I was putting in.

Pros

Good breaks/staffing ratios/work culture

Cons

Poor pay, organization doesn't care for you

Always Felt Supported

Great place to work, especially if you are just starting in this field. I felt supported throughout my whole employment experience. The culture is great and yes, staffing can be an issue at times but the teamwork is awesome

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Medical assistant

Average 8-5 medical assistant job. Pays well. Friendly co workers. Upper management is fine. Paid holidays. Paid vacation. Benefit packages. Doctors are nice

Decent place to work.

The turnover rate and increasing patient loads were difficult sometimes, but I was pretty happy working there for almost 15 years. Good pay and benefits.

Good learning experience

I started in a role I liked but was moved because of COVID19 cuts. The new role was okay but it wasn't what I started with. All of my team members were great to work with, however, for both teams. I loved the comaraderie and creativity.

Pros

Great team members

Cons

Not competitive in pay

Great nursing staff, supportive environment, seeks to grow motivated employees

I have been working as a nurse assistance here for a few months. The nurses are great and work morale is high, especially compared to other hospitals I've worked at or experienced as a patient. Some shifts are harder than others, but I'm always learning and the large majority of other nurse assistants and the nursing staff are very supportive when you show that you are motivated to learn and be a team player.

Pros

Great staff to work alongside

Cons

Not sure if there are any negatives worth mentioning yet

Good flexibility of scheduling

They allow for self scheduling. It is flexible for taking time off. Compensation is okay/relatively average. Opportunities for advancement are available.

Jobs at UCHealth

See more jobs
Patient Access Representative
Greeley, CO
3 days ago

Great work environment

I was overall very pleased with working at UCHealth. Management always listened to your concerns and actively tried to make improvements. I really appreciated the flexibility of self-scheduling. Just like any hospital there were times it could be understaffed. Great benefits. I didn’t realize how good I had it here until I relocated to another state.

Overall an okay company to work for

I've worked here for over 3 years now. The benefits and pay are a huge plus. The workload has heavily increased over time and management isn't the most supportive. Often feel like the company just cares about hitting their numbers and not about the actual employees.

Pros

Pay, benefits, yearly bonuses

Cons

No support from management, high stress

Lot's of work with minimal pay and extremely disorganized

If you're open to having a shift in your schedule with less than a weeks notice, go for it! This job is extremely demanding and makes it difficult to maintain a work-life balance. For the pay, it is NOT worth it. If you do well you are rewarded with more responsibility for the same pay that everyone else on your team receives. EXTREMELY disorganized and requires constant adaptability. The schedule during go-lives can seem extremely unfair in regards to shifts/dates - favoritism seems to be a huge role in these decisions. In my opinion, the pay does not make up for how demanding this job truly is.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

No Work-Life Balance, Pay

The pay is beyond pathetic. Worked in the ER and the Team environment was horrible with no motivation to change it.

Benefits are amazing. Paid time off is great along with medical benefits. There was high turn over because it was obvious management didn’t care about their people.

Nice place to work

They will try to do the best with staffing It’s been hard with covid but they always do their best Provided free meals for about 3 months to help with stressful shifts

Productive and fun work place

Love my job and the company and I have a great manager and I work with great people. Very organized company, promotes from within. They encourage growth.

Pros

Alot of support

Cons

Short breaks

Great team

Love my job at UCHEALTH. Hope to be with them for a long time! Great team and great patients. Always enjoy my time at work and the patients and team I work with!

Secure job, benefits

Paid training, Good benefits, somehow predictable schedule. Ofter working under pressure due to people calling in and nobody to cover. (understaffed)

Benefits

Cons

Understaffed

Worst place to work

I hated everything about this place!! RUN!!!!!! They definitely don't care about their employees and they are very unprofessional and unorganized. RUN!!!!!

Pros

Cons

everything

Fun and always something new

Work as an MA good system and fun environment. Fast paced environment, training best I’ve had in the field. Good MA Dr relationship. Patient population is diverse.

Great benefits, flexibility and PTO. Amazing patients and co-workers. Love what the company does for all its patients, would definitely recommend to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight