UChicago Medicine
69Average

UChicago Medicine Employee Reviews

United States710 reviews
Very proactive when it comes to customer and employee satisfaction
This is a very diverse organization that values its employees and the community they serve. There are many additional benefits offered to employees to assist with their own personal growth.
an experience that qualifies and prepared me to be able to work at any hospital.
It was a productive workplace for the 33 years that I worked there as a registered nurse. I obtained lots of experience in Med Surgery as well Ambulatory Care. My experience working with the different physicians in Primary Care was great. It was an additional learning process, and care that we provided for their ambulatory patients.
Better management
A typical day working within outpatient lab is extremely busy. Over worked for the amount of pay. Lab department needs better leads. Very hard to request time off, non union unlike other departments.
Leader in Health Care
Great work enviroment, like every place there are always challenges, the work culture is postive and community driven and focused. The research is leading the industry.
It's ok
Great pay, ghetto atmosphere, people come in off the street and attack staff with no support from security or University police. They only care about their image.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Management is terrible, lousy, and no chance for advancement.
I worked in the eye clinic for the last four years. Management is terrible. They have their picks and chooses, also I had to file a grievance in February 2020 for unfair and inequitable treatment and it did no good.
Also, they had planned to fire me for insubordination but I retired first.

I know it blew their minds!
The were professional
I always want to work in the hospital but I love working with people who care about people I love my job the hospital is clean and safe and it always keeps you on your toes
Housekeeping
This is an awesome place to work the Benifits are great and managers care and are easy to get along with any problems the union handles it I have no issue with this place
They dont care about they worker only getting rhe job done
I left because of the vivid 19 because my manager told us not to move a positive patient without a n5 mask and then when we was short they tried to make me move a patient who was positive with just a surgical mask and we go inside the room to get the patience
Good learning experience.
This is a great place for someone who wants to learn,also it's a good place for the ones who don't know and don't want to learn anything and just collect a paycheck.
Pros
Work load is there
Cons
Work load is only for people who have knowledge and are skill, other engineers have it easy because they can't or don't no what to do
I loved working with awesome managers.
The people I worked with were awesome. The management team were very understanding and also very helpful. I learned a lot from everyone and I had to take a maternity leave and became a stay at home mom.
Fun work place
Great place to work with almost free lunch available to staffs everyday.
A typical work day could be stressful depending on the day but my team makes this easy and without stress.
Excellent benefits/ Competitive salary/Steady salary increases
RNs are part of Union. So, they have more rights and protection. Feel that my job is a little more secure. Pay is great and benefits are phenomenal. But patients are the sickest in the area, so you get paid for what you do (paid more for more work).
Cons
Very old processes, absence of new.
Very prejudice environment
My manager is very discriminating and racist towards me. I love to work there because I learned a lot at this company.
The manager and her loyalists work like a gang and destroying coexistence of good workers. There is a constant revolving door for employers.
Great place to work!
UCM offers great benefits, paid holidays and personal days. Excellent benefits packages to choose from. Diverse workplace and solid management although I'm sure it depends what department you work. The work can be stressful and emergencies happen but it's a team oriented supportive atmosphere. I have had no problems with clicks or workplace drama.
Great environment
A great place to start your day off. Everyone goes above and beyond their work epic when it’s come to the patient. Housekeeping make sure we keep the place clean and organize..
Lack of accountability
Not strong communication between medical teams
Arrogant physicians

Questionable patient safety

Monetarily driven

Lack of orientation given to new employees
Pretty good place to work
I enjoy working here and there is plenty of room for advancement. Pay is ok and benefits are good. I think that yearly raises could be better. Vacation time is average.
Great place to work, great benefits, and patients love us for our kindness, attention, and true concern for their health as if they were family.
I’ve been here for nearly 18 years now.
It would have been more, but I left the healthcare field for ~ 5 years to work with a company that was producing experience oriented fundraising events for AIDS, Breast Cancer and Lung Disease.

UChicago Medicine is the only hospital I refer my family and friends, not because I work there, but because they are the best hospital with the best physicians.
Review
Shadow position and area and work culture first before accepting the role and environment. Definitely poor management and lack of employee concerns within the role.
Great place to work with many opportunities for advancement
Professional environment that is enjoyable to work in. There are always great opportunities for career advancement within the medical center. I would highly recommend it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UChicago Medicine. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight