UCI Employee Reviews

The only positive about the job is the benefits.
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLJune 2, 2018
People have very low work morale due to the short staffing. The pay is not to great for risking your life everyday. The seargents, captains, lts., are not very good. Overall 3 our of 10.
UCI Catering - fine
Member (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 28, 2018
The crew is overall really relaxed and nice. You can do what you want as long as you get your work done. You do the same thing every day and although it''s dull, it's really easy. You also get to drive golf carts which is fun.
great ping pong masters
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 13, 2018
I used to enjoy cricket but i soon learned ping pong and dominos would rule my way of thinking about the different ways to manage my luck hour naps. Heres to sleep
perfect
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 29, 2018
it is perfect, everything well. Alll is good and well.. I like it to work there again, and for my whole life. Every thing desirable, and also it is enjoyable.....
Love the people I work with
Temporary Employment Service (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 25, 2018
I am a temp employee, therefore do not have a position that is intended to continue. There does not seem to be an incentive for improving the inefficiencies and lack of quality in the workplace.
Pros
healthcare option, vacation and sick time accrual
Cons
monthly parking fees and traffic
Fun to work with people, great to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 15, 2018
exceptional work environment, easy to ask for help, always seek improvement, great evaluation, flexible schedule, understanding people, great position to get customer service.
UCI Student Facilities Manager
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Work with other student workers under the leadership of a student-lead and a supervisor. Complete work orders, and prepare and set-up for events. Leniency in work hours.
No support - nobody held accountable for their actions/work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 28, 2017
Difficult to complete job when others do not do theirs - no accountability - many times put in the middle and unable to do anything about it - no support from supervisor
determination
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 26, 2017
today at work it was a place filled with energy with the help of others we were able to accomplish our tasks the work place was kept safe and secure therefore there was no accidents.
low pay
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCNovember 22, 2017
It's ok easy job but very low paid. not much chance for advancement. nice people to work with. job is very tedius.benefits are not any good. do the same things
Nice people, nice workplace culture
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  UCI ANTrepreneur CenterNovember 13, 2017
Working as an intern here at UCI ANTrepreneur Center allows me to apply the knowledge I learned in the workplace. Additionally, everyone has the chance to booth at school. Through this opportunity, you will train your public speaking skills. I highly recommend working here because people here are so nice. Your co-workers are UCI students who are not only your co-workers but will also become your friends. You and your co-workers can share your study notes and class taking experience. Also, there are a lot of opportunities for your to learn soft skills. Working at the ANTrepreneur Center is one of the most enjoyable things in my day.
Clinical Nurse student preceptor
Faculty Clinical Instructor, Nursing (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 9, 2017
My job was to give structure and to guidance to BSN senior nursing students through their obstetric, labor & delivery, nursery, and post- partum clinical education course. I worked closely with the nursing staff and hospital unit leadership as we found clinical learning experiences for each student. Each day included assignment to the precepting RN in the various units (Labor, nursery, NICU, post- partum, lactation, and community Health), passing off essential nursing skills, discussing their patient care plan in post clinical conference with their peers, and presenting assigned current research topics. I worked closely with the program education directors in achieving the educational requirements. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the students in translating their clinical experiences into organized and directed patient care plans, which demonstrated their writing skills and understanding of the disease process, nursing interventions, and patient outcomes.
Pros
good people company
Cons
longer hours.
nice workplace. Fun environment.
Lab researcher (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 17, 2017
I ran spss programs on campus. I got to interview research participants. I did research on hardiness to see how students would stress out over school work.
Pros
everything at my job.
Great Research Institution
Graduate Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2017
This is a great research institution where i obtained my PhD. I would highly recommend to anyone who is considering earning a PhD to consider UCI for its great connections to industry leaders.
Very comfortable and friendly environment.
University Extension Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2017
Management and co-workers are very friendly and willing to answer any questions while I was starting there. Environment was very positive to the point that it motivated me more to work harder.
Great Place To Learn But Should be More Open to Opportunities
UCI The Green Initiative Fund Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 24, 2017
I enjoy that the university has a great staff with a lot of great courses, but I think they should direct their students to potential internship opportunities.
Very good
Flight Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 23, 2017
Nice campus, nice people.Working there is very interesting and also challenging. I really enjoyed being in the environment. Loved the park in the middle.
Lab Tutor
ICS 53 Lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 19, 2017
-Good to reinforce what you learned while taking the class by helping fellow peers
-Very enjoyable helping a fellow peer and sometimes even learning a thing or two yourself.
ok job
civil construction (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CAJune 4, 2017
ok job but is more for a part time job.. some training on job.. not really for new employees to job scope.. you need to already need to be fully trained to get hours and work.
Overall, UCI is a good place to work and gain significant professional experience
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 1, 2017
I've been working at UCI for 6 years, and I can sincerely say that this institution is very well organized. There are plenty of opportunities to gain valuable work experience. The only downside is finding a good balance between a healthy personal lifestyle and work.
Pros
Gain significant professional experience
Cons
Finding a good balance between a healthy personal lifestyle and work.