UCLA Health

UCLA Health Employee Reviews

UCLA Health insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

It what ever you make of it.

It's a place where you can grow and succeed. It can also be a place where you stagnate depending on who you are and what your goals are. The pay is fair and there a plenty of resources. It is possible to be overworked if you don't have clear boundaries and you are a people pleaser.

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Resources

Cons

There was a disconnect between directors and clinicians based on the unit you work at.

Good

Working as a care partner per diem, float pool is good. You can work when you want. Whenever you want. They are supportive and not restrictive in things u want to do.

Productive and busy workplace

Working at UCLA has overall been a good experience. However, as a float, there are times where you may feel secluded from those working on the unit and assignments at times may be stressful/busy. Overall, a good hospital to work at with job opportunities to move forward.

Fun

Great place to work. Good benefits and pto. Sometimes breaks get interrupted due to short staffing. Managers are very helpful and do spend time on the floor.

Pros

Free lunched

Cons

Short breaks at times

No perks. No drinking water in the main lunch room in the my respective floor of the building. .

The culture is straight forward. I did not see much interactions among the employees. The training is done as a class room setting with the manager.

Pros

You get the end of the year off.

Cons

Lunch room has second hand tables and each department is responsible for water needs.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Big Place

UCLA is huge so it's hard to characterize with broad brush strokes. Good benefits. Opportunities for advancement are lacking when compared with the private sector, but of course there are many exceptions to this. Depends on the manager and team.

Great

A great work environment, with a workload that was manageable. Managers were well organized and knew how to support their staff. I would recommend working with this organization.

Solid and Respectful place to work

I enjoyed working at UCLA because I was able to learn a wide variety of administrative skills, while having a secure work environment to rely on. My coworkers were always respectful and kind to me, and I even made some friends that I keep in contact with years after my contract ended.

Pros

Great working environment, stable employment.

Cons

Administrative tasks can be repetitive or monotonous.

Hard to move up; does not pay well.

They do no pay well, and are not negotiable. Hard to move up in the company, its not about your experience or goals, you must know people. Lots of work; not enough pay; lots of staff call out, and HR does nothing about it. Hard to operate when there is no staff.

Pros

Pension.

Cons

Low pay, hard to move up, staff call out daily.

Great benefits

Great benefits and I felt very supported by my managers during my time here. I did lab work so every research lab has their own culture depending on your PI. But ours had very reasonable expectations which made working here a great experience, I was able to make a lotOf connections as well as grow a lot professionally

Seems to have a great system working

I was a nursing colunteer and though there can be some issues with slow days or not knowing your responsibilities, plenty of staff members were always open to help or educate

Fast paced

Love my labor and delivery unit and postpartum unit. Some people are super cliquey and have an ego, but overall you can find your people and have an amazing time.

Great company

UCLA is one of the best places to work as it emphasizes in leadership and health care, has a great support system, encourages staff to continue education.

Pros

Support

Organized and welcoming

Everyone has a growth mindset and is always willing to help. UCLA is a really great hospital and everyone is always willing to lend a hand. Turnover rate is pretty good too.

Benefits

Productive and Great Place to Work

Great work environment. Good people. The work was insightful and provided us with great learning experience. Met wonderful people and patients who are friendly.

Pros

Pretty lenient and inclusive

Cons

Can be stressful

Productive and lively workplace. Doing incredible work to help a lot of people.

I really enjoyed my time here! My team worked really well together and we had a good time doing it. The managers were always supportive and helping us succeed.

Pros

Great benefits, long breaks, flexibility

Cons

Pay for Parking, Minimal room for advancement (because no one leaves)

Rewarding place to work

Rewarding place to work, have been able to grow within jobs and apply for promotions.Great benefits, some flexibility which depends on your role. Fast paced and the last year has been higher workloads due to COVID, depending on your role and manager you may have longer hours and more stressful projects.

Pros

Great people, benefits, culture

Cons

Commute, pay for the area, overworked

Benefits & Pay

This organization has by far one of the best pay rates and benefits offered in LA. Overall, a pretty good work environment. The cons are worth the salary.

Pros

benefits & pay

Cons

work life balance is non existent

Relaxing and exciting

This was probably the most chill job Izvestia ever had. The graduate students and MD/PhDs dont reallly have a set schedule, so sometimes you see them, sometimes you don’t. The job is relatively easy, but unless you’re in grad school or actually working with a grant on some research, there’s a lack of growth opportunities.

Pros

Awesome cafeteria food

Cons

Wage

Open door policy

The open door policy throughout the majority of the company makes it easy to work for this organization.The holidays, benefits, and retirement package is unmatched.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Slight compensation disparity.

Compensation is great, work culture poor

The pay and benefits were great but the culture was awful. No compassion, no help from fellow nurses. Overall disappointing. It may have been spearheaded by management who was cold and callous in many ways.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight