UCLA Health
Information from UCLA Health:

UCLA Health Employee Reviews

United States493 reviews
Good job for everyday
Good benefits but little room for advancement. Management varies and culture of favoritism. A good place to start working once you have graduated, but try not to stay there too long.
Good benefits and room for growth
I liked my department sms co-workers, like many other very large organizations, I often felt loss in the shuffle Because we were off campus communication wasn’t always great and lots of political stuff between heads and chairs of departments. The pay and benefits were good and there is room for growth.
Great Place to Work
Great place to work. Value their employees and offer great work life balance.Learned about teamwork and cutting edge patient care.
A great place to work! Very easy to move up. Management is understanding and organized. A well oiled machine. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking for a long lasting career.
Wonderful company to enjoy a career
Very productive work environment
A Commitment. Requires a lot of your time. Sometimes works weekends, over 9 hour. The pay is okay, I feel like I should be getting paid more for all the work and time I put in
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Politics
If your a brownnoser this is perfect for u. There union is a joke. 6yrs dedicated over my fam an when my mom became ill they turned a blind eye. Disappointing
Low pay, cheap work environment
Not a good place to work, workers constantly on strike due to low pay and poor work conditions. Newer offices are very cheap construction and have no walls, no privacy, etc
UCLA is not approving additional 128 hours admin leave
A lot staff are sick and impacted by the Coronavirus Pandemic. CSU has approved another 128 hours of administrative leave. But UC is not approving additional 128 hours of pay.
Productive and great place to work
I would highly recommend UCLA to anyone seeking employment in the Healthcare field. There are caring and compassionate people located all over campus.
Professional Work Environment
A work focused environment, with clear goals set in order to best complete tasks given. Protected by a union, and managers have your best interest in mind. Lots of benefits, and aid for personal and professional growth.
UCLA Clinics are not what they're painted out to be.
UCLA is a good company to work for, but its not worth staying and being unhappy. Managers, supervisors and staff are all unprofessional. The UCLA Clinics are full of bullies who will not stop until all the good employees are gone. I'm surprised the higher ups haven't noticed this is happening. Don't be fooled by the fake smiles.
Nice environment to work with high pay
UCLA is a very nice place to work. The management provides an education that employee needs to function and provide safe patient care at all time. Patients, families, and employee's happiness is their number one priority.
Yet why?
When you are just trying to find employment it seems every site wants free content. I do hope this helps the site gain more recognition. I really cant say
Manager can always go on vacation during the busiest week
Very bad management whom was not hired through UCLA, but through their own research center. Employees are not rewarded, acknowledged, or even encouraged. Instead, they are being put down and management claim that everything you do is part of your job. Manager is sitting their picking nails when we are working out a55 off. Instead of helping or give suggestions, he pin point out mistakes
Aweful and poor upper management: Clueless
Unfortunately, the amazing employees at UCLA Harbor has zero support from the upper management. From the top, all the way down to the supervisors.

Employees are not rewarded, acknowledged, or even encouraged.

From the very top, the managers, supervisors, and department heads do not care about employees. Employees are at the very bottom of the list of priorities.

One moment you are saving the department by going above and beyond because it is the right thing to do, and once your dept has passed the audit and inspection, everything goes back to normal: Employees at the bottom and expendable!
Employees are great, but plenty of room for improvement
The most important factors for me are the people I work with, the culture, opportunities for advancement, and work/life balance. Unfortunately, advancement opportunities were limited.
No opportunity for advancement
Staff is extremely unprofessional, favoritism is common, unfair treatment for minorities in my department. Staff are liars and are very disrespectful. Poor morale due to poor management. It's about who you know and not what you know.
Highly Creative environemnt
• Managed largest implementation/upgrade and deployment of Philips Physiological Monitoring system for UCLA Health during fully operational hospitals/clinics, with combined budget over $60 Million dollars.
• Managed cross-functional, multidisciplinary, combined over 100 person team of outside vendors as well as five UCLA subgroups with their respective Project Managers, including:
Lots of talk, no action
UCLA Health appears to be part of UCLA, which has great reputation, but UCLA Health (the hospital/clinic business) is really poor to work for several reasons:
1)My director was racial discriminatory and only hired non whites as her direct reports.

2)The salaries are very low

3)The new "offices" at 10880 Wilshire are these tiny tables with no walls.

3)The managers make promises and don't follow through.

4)During the tick fire, my manager insisted I make it to the office despite bring in evacuation zone and all highways bring closed.

5)Not allowed to.work.from.homr, even during emergency situation like fire or car failure.
Stay away from FCU
I’d like to think the department I work for is the only one this bad at UCLA. Management is horrible. If you are not a part of their “fan club,” you are bullied and harassed until you want to quit. The FCU department is the worst department I’ve ever worked for in my life.
Organized workplace
Well-organized. Job expectations are clearly stated as indicated in your job title. They are receptive to innovation with priority for productivity. Union work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight