UCLA Health

UCLA Health Employee Reviews

United States660 reviews

hospitalpatientparkinghealthmedicalnursebenefitdepartment

Great Place to Work

Great place to work and build a career. Pat could be more fair. If you are looking for a career, UCLA is a great place to be. The benefits are pretty good as well.

Amazing Company

This was the best company I ever worked at. So many opportunities and perks as well.. you gain so much knowledge in every department you can possibly think of.

UCLA Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Stable Position

PROS:- Medical benefits.- In management, you'll have autonomy with your clinic (depending on Director) so you can run it the way you feel is necessary. - Available classes for team leadership and LinkedIn Learning are great resources too.- Very stable with predictable hours so the work/life balance is great.- Maternity/Paternity leave.- Pension/Retirement Plan.CONS:- Working with the unions. Lots of red tape when corrective action is needed. Nearly impossible to release the low performing employees who feel entitled.- The internal company infrastructure seems outdated and the policies are convoluted and often hard to dig up. Questions regarding proper point-of-contacts and SOPs are constantly rerouted.- PAYING FOR PARKING. This is egregious. $86 a month right off your paycheck.- Lack of training. Mine was, "here is your desk", so I didn't really feel valued initially. The entire experience felt like walking into the middle of a conversation that I was expected to understand.- UCLA does not negotiate salary.

Great learning environmnet with lots of opportunities

Although there was an abundance of experiments and projects, I had the opportunity to learn a lot of new techniques. However, experiments can be tedious and repetitive; at times I felt isolated from the rest of the team. There's a strong encouragement to work overtime with no extra pay in exchange for more holidays and career advancement, aka your name on a paper. I saw a lot of other people in similar positions in the same lab get into good grad schools and med schools. Everyone was nice and inclusive.

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn, inclusivity

Cons

Working overtime does not receive pay and occasionally unexpected long hours

N/a

Management is helpful and supports your growth. Good benefits, hard work life balance. Coworkers can be like family, good support system. Decent pay for sure

Feels safe working here.

You feel safe working at UCLA. Benefits are really good and pension too. People work there for a long time. Maybe not as many opportunities. Not as nimble. but definitely feel safe working there

Great culture

Great place to work compared to other cm hospital jobs! Great pay, great benefits but poor work life balance for those who work full time. But can also work as per diem which offers more flexibility. Most people live far from their facilities so commuting there is tough.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Long commute

Great for new graduates

For someone interested in research, UCLAHealth is a good place to start. They're good with preparing you for medical or clinical research careers. I started soon after graduating and am now applying to grad school. Pay is decent, pretty standard for health careers at the early career level. Higher than other similar institutions.

Positive place to work

Very positive place to work.Everyone is friendly outstanding benefits . Discount on hockey basketball tickets. Knowledge Doctors. Worlds best we rank in top two nationwide

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Break room no vending machines

productive

My experience with interview process was lengthy with little to no communication. It took a span of 7 months total just for them to offer me a non competitive offer that didn’t even match my last salary. It was frustrating and disappointing especially coming from such a prestigious organization. I also had several conversations about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within UCLA Health and this being a priority, but it’s clear from my offer that this continues to be lip service as they are clearly still not willing to change the structural issues that present barriers to access and a living wage. This was disappointing on all counts; needless to say, I declined the offer.

Upper management sucks

It's ok company.Kaiser is a great place to work and has been selected as the one of the top ten places to work for the last 10 years. They really support the work life balance and has a goal that all employees MUST take at least 3 weeks vacation during the year or it is reflected as a goal you didn't meet. The work in IT is very rewarding and the people are awesome. There are politics to ge through just like any company but once you learn your way around the processes, it is fine.

benefits

Cons

management

Interview & Compensation

Amazing workplace

UCLA is the best place to work and provides amazing opportunities for growth. They care about their employees and ensure they are growing along with the company.

great place to work

great place to work as a nurse. Management is nice and helpful. Coworkers are kind and helpful. Food is good. MDs are respectful except some surgeons.

No schedule flexibility, management average

Typical work for an RN in a hospital. Pay is a lot better than some other hospitals in the area. Constant floating. Often short staffed. Management plays favorites.

Pros

Pay, the work you do, ample break time

Cons

Cliquey, floating, nights

Management is horrible

Management is separate from Unionized workers, treat employees with disregard and do NOT have way to hold management accountable. Very hard to get promoted into management, need to be friends with people to get into management or coaching role aka good ole boy system. They don't take workplace discrimination seriously. On the other hand co workers and people who work at the clinics are great, and do not have the same issues as the call center/PCC. Burnout is high and work loads are over done. Benefits are great and pay is so so for the amount of work you put in. Be aware that this job is High Call volume and usually high intensity, UCLA health is over booked and short staffed so a lot of frustrated patients.

Great place to learn, very sick patients.

Great place to learn. Job security is good, pay is great. The hardest part is the acuity of the patients and at times being short staffed ( management and leadership are working on staffing)

Pros

Great pay and benefits and lunch breaks

Cons

short staffed at times, acuity of patients

Decent experince

New employees have little to not training, managers are always on meetings so we are on our own. Pay is decent and work to life balance as well. Not too much recognition if you do a great job. No bonus, gifts or social interaction.

Fun workplace

Awesome gig Learned a lot Get a long with everyone Keep a positive Attitude Stay focus Keep learning Awesome people! You will learn a lot! Good job Management is great! Make sure you work the protocols

Rigorous but rewarding

The work and institution are demanding, yet rightfully so. I decided to leave for personal reasons, but this is a good place to work. If this is what you want, they're willing to help you get better.

Good thing was the people you worked with. UCLA cared about there employees.

Didn’t like department I was sent because I had no experience working that department. Employees were kind and respectful. Even though we didn’t have any experience. Some doctors were nice and some were back stabbed because they were not fine with the lack of experience. A lot of people quit ,also transfer out in which I should have done. I was so unhappy. That why I retired. Didn’t like the politic. Nothing else to add. After being off two years I want to come back but hopefully I will be in a better department. I really like geriatric and internal medicine. See this is what I am talking about I said and answer summary review and there is nothing more to say. UCLA was a great place to work. My manager was awesome and at home we were still friends. Right today we are still friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight