UCLA Health Employee Reviews

Terrible Place to Work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAOctober 17, 2018
Management is awful, they are completely clueless on how to run the company, everyone is unhappy working there, very over worked and not much you can do about it.
Great place to work at.
Hospital Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 8, 2018
I had an amazing and positive experience at UCLA. UCLA is a place with great opportunity to grow, learn and develop as an individual and as a team member. They offer wonderful benefits and they truly care about their employees.
Excellent
Patient Communication Representative (Current Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAOctober 7, 2018
Treat all individuals as worthy and important. Listen to any concerns, and make adjustments accordingly.
You must be honest, punctual, and treat others with respect, and you will do well here.
Pros
Benefits, managerial support
Cons
long commutes
Nice people at this hospital
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 7, 2018
Very large hospital located in the santa monica area. Worked there on the nightshift. Respiratory therapist there were very nice and helpful. I learned alot there
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
I loved working at UCLA Health: Head and Neck Surgery. This department has a positive working environment with a supportive management. UCLA Health gives you the opportunity to continuously learn and grow as a professional if people are willing to work hard for it.
Pros
Positive working culture
Cons
Parking
Needing
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
Management seems to take a back seat when helping employees deal with issues. A lot of times the employee is doing the work on behalf of management. No real support
Its a health care business that is focused on generating revenue
Physician Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90024September 29, 2018
UCLA is dedicated towards its mission in achieving excellency in health care research and education. Often these goals come at the cost of over working talented physicians and mistreating clinical and admin staff. You get great benefits here but often you have to come in with a strong head on your shoulders to overlook the pressures of the organization and focus solely on treating the patients' and promoting their wellness.
Great benefits and pay
PHYSICIAN SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2018
UCLA is a great place to work for; however, it's very tedious, STAFF is always on FMLA. A job duty of two candidates has to be done by one candidate. No growth opportunity!! VERY SAD!! The only perk of working at UCLA are the benefits and retirement plans.
Pros
Great health and retirement benefits
Cons
No growth opportunity, poor management skills, no flexible hours ( literally a 8 hour shift becomes 12 hour shift)
Mammography Department
Mammography Technologist (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CASeptember 17, 2018
Overall the place is good. The doctors are awesome. The manegment is awful. If you are new grad and this is your first job you may be okbut you don’t know anything else and that’s what they want. They need people that they can modeling they are way! Example: how not be team worker, how to talk people back, how put your co worker in trouble, you will meet be able to listen like genuine pig and take everything without complaining! They don’t care if you are good tech and they will never give you credit if you are. You can’t be better than them!!! Very very disappointed place to work. No humanity atoll, low pay and they are union sucks but you pay every month. Oh, you pay 75$ monthly parking and you walk mile and the benefit! Yes you do get all benefits but you pay for everything. I had PPO blue shield before and with them I got HMO for the same price I was paying for my PPO. If you are good tech and respect your self you shouldn’t work there!!! 👎🏼👎🏼👎🏼
Pros
You get $25 xmas present to use in the cafeteria
Cons
No short breaks
monitor and assist parking operations
Parking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 14, 2018
working for this company was a pleasant experience. Daily operations were managed smoothly and a pleasant to work in. All departments worked together to reach company goals.

Want to know more about UCLA Health?

Ask a question
Low pay job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CASeptember 7, 2018
Not a good experience at all very dysfunctional manager in my department always away and working from home. Staff doing the work and manager is getting the credit. Merits up to 10K for management and staff suffer with no merits or acknowledgement. Stressful environment and staff keeps shrinking doing more work with less.
Benefits
Cons
Pay inequity bonus merit pay inequity
Senior Administrative Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
The success and happiness in your role all depends on your direct management. I had a horrible manager and it made the job truly miserable. Having someone like that in a management role leads me to believe that is the entire culture and I would not recommend anyone I knew to work there.
Inspiring place to work and learn
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2018
While my responsibilities had a rather steep learning curve, the supervisors during training were exceptionally smooth and helpful. This position allowed me to further develop communication skills and working alongside patients and healthcare professionals in a fast paced environment. The nature of my position also allowed me to learn creativity and critical thinking when approaching problems.
Great job for students on campus looking to earn some extra money while prioritizing your studies.
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 25, 2018
Flexible schedule for student worker positions. Great experience for working in an office or clinical setting. Supportive culture both professionally and academically.
Pros
Ideal work-life balance for student worker positions while completing my undergraduate studies.
Cons
Sacrifice in pay from my previous position.
No ones paying attention
AA III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2018
It was a great place to work however recent changes to new payroll ie UCPath are scaring employees because of work standardization and some staff being transferred around to jobs not familiar with. Some departments give staff incentive awards while others don’t leaving a disparity for the hardworking staff disappointed because of their hardworking efforts go unnoticed.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Staff not recognized, management receive incentives for the staffs hard work
gère le domaine de la santé
Healthcare Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 17, 2018
Il y a beaucoup des opportunités de développement.
Stressful and hectic
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
Interacting with the patients was a pleasure. The work environment however was stressful and not balanced, often needing more time in the day than available to complete tasks and work.
Fast Paste
Hostess/ Nutritionist Asst (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 8, 2018
working for UCLA Hospital was a good experience. I learned how to work with others and multitask in a busy setting. I were able to build my customer service skill and computer skills. great experience , excellent place to work.
Very fun and productive experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90095August 4, 2018
It was a fun experience in volunteering. UCLA has a great volunteer program for medical or science-related students and I am glad that I tried it out. I learned a lot of things about hospital environment and even more about the overall atmosphere in careers related to medicine.
productive and fun workspace
Principal Data Analyst (Senior-level Management) (Current Employee) –  WestwoodAugust 3, 2018
challenge tasks everyday
I learn new skill all the time from the job
I can interact with lots of different level of people
I enjoy meeting with different background of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UCLA Health.