UCLA Health

Clear
4.2Pay & Benefits

UCLA Health insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Great Support

Work expectations were well laid out and supported. System wide daily meetings were instrumental in communicating issues and getting help when necessary. My immediate Director supported me in ways that I have never seen at any other organization. They very much support a good work/life balance.

Pros

13 Paid Holidays, 3 weeks paid vacation, great support.

Cons

Executive team

Great environment and culture.

UCLA is a great place to have a career. Many positions to branch out too. Good co workers. Great weather to eat your lunch outside. Only bad thing is traffic to get to UCLA.

Pros

Security, Advancement, environment, culture, weather

Cons

Traffic, location

typical workday - no process changes - you can predict the flow of work

typical workday - no process changes - you can predict the flow of work - there is downtime in case you want to study for your personal benefit to upskill

Loved working as a research assistant

I was an undergraduate research assistant and really enjoyed my time at UCLA. I felt fulfilled in what I did and there was a lot of flexibility with my time and schedule. Workplace culture was great, people were always understanding and wanted to see me thrive.

Productive and busy workplace

Working at UCLA has overall been a good experience. However, as a float, there are times where you may feel secluded from those working on the unit and assignments at times may be stressful/busy. Overall, a good hospital to work at with job opportunities to move forward.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

No perks. No drinking water in the main lunch room in the my respective floor of the building. .

The culture is straight forward. I did not see much interactions among the employees. The training is done as a class room setting with the manager.

Pros

You get the end of the year off.

Cons

Lunch room has second hand tables and each department is responsible for water needs.

Seems to have a great system working

I was a nursing colunteer and though there can be some issues with slow days or not knowing your responsibilities, plenty of staff members were always open to help or educate

Organized and welcoming

Everyone has a growth mindset and is always willing to help. UCLA is a really great hospital and everyone is always willing to lend a hand. Turnover rate is pretty good too.

Benefits

Productive and lively workplace. Doing incredible work to help a lot of people.

I really enjoyed my time here! My team worked really well together and we had a good time doing it. The managers were always supportive and helping us succeed.

Pros

Great benefits, long breaks, flexibility

Cons

Pay for Parking, Minimal room for advancement (because no one leaves)

Benefits & Pay

This organization has by far one of the best pay rates and benefits offered in LA. Overall, a pretty good work environment. The cons are worth the salary.

Pros

benefits & pay

Cons

work life balance is non existent

Open door policy

The open door policy throughout the majority of the company makes it easy to work for this organization.The holidays, benefits, and retirement package is unmatched.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Slight compensation disparity.

Caring and Compassionate for the patients

Love my job, organized and great pay and benefits for my job requirements. Advancement of your career with UCLA Health is open to all employees and you just have to apply when a job is open.

Pros

Great environment for work, great pay and benefits, opportunities to advance

Cons

Location if you decide to move out of the area

Education

Management was involved with employees. The best place to get experience in several different specialties. The hardest part is the long hours and the critical patients.

Pros

education and experience

Cons

large employer

Lots of room to grow

Great benefits & lots of room to grow and explore your interests. You can find great mentorship here if you look for it. My colleagues were wonderful for the most part.

Not a culturally sensitive or aware place to work

Gender bias still exists, people’s of various cultural background do not get treated equally . Lastly very cliquish . Either you are in or not in the clique . Liked it not liked .

Pros

Great salaries and benefits, fair workload

Cons

Not a progressive company staff culture wise

Great benefits and flexibility

UCLA still has a pension, which is unheard of. Many people stay for that. It is also a state of the art facility with cutting edge research. There is room to move within the organization.

Pros

pay, benefits, work from home option for many

Cons

takes a while for changes to occur

Overall, the culture is very positive. Because it is a large health system, everything is standardized although it may take a little while. There is room for advancement and definitely a great place to work for long term.

Good work inviorment

I love the company. Its a challage and i would. Like to make thia my carrer. I have leaenws a lot at thia company. And would like to grow. Moving up to supervisor its posaible. Great benfits and nice people

Pros

Lunch room

Cons

Billimg and coding

Really nice people

Really nice and it's work that I can continually be challenged by. They have a good variety of entry level positions too, so after you graduate, you can do.

good place to work

there are alot of opportunities in UCLA.salary is ok, could've been better but at least I felt secure for the job.Nice coworkers in general.

Productive Place to work at

You always feel like you are making a difference working here. The organization is so big, so there's a good foundation and people want you to succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCLA Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.6Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare UCLA Health with

• UCLA Health
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?