UCSF Medical Center
81High
4.2

UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States383 reviews
Daily working starts with morning staff meeting. After staff meeting, we visit patients, families, and staff. Otherwise, we have diverse didactics to be prepared for chaplaincy job. Many didactics consists of personal and peer group meetings to learn about myself and interpersonal dynamics. Individual educators and faculty are helping and supporting residents in the every process. Therefore the relationship with peers and faculty is important.
Pros
Health Insurance, Well organized program
Cons
Hard to commute
My salary is based on 17 years if increased value. This job was very rewarding giving back to the community and helping others in a humanitarian way. 30% of my salary was withheld for tax, benefits and pension which makes for no work/life balance and paycheck to paycheck existence for a single mom. I liked my supervisor but management was useless and had no clue what work i even did!
Great salary. Hours are not flexible. Great sick and vacation and holiday time. Management makes or breaks your department. Supervisors in my experience were under qualified and did not problem solve and were yes man or woman to the manager
At UCSF, the students, post-docs, residents, fellows, and attending physicians were every bit at bright as those whom I worked with at Brigham & Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, but were more relaxed, which made the work flow more naturally.
work as a student nurse at UCSF Parnassus campus. All the staffs are friendly and nice to students. Tons of learning opportunities! Lots of hands-on experiences!
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I gained so much knowledge while working with UCSF, they are very supportive and excellent place to be at. I feel I have grown a lot during my year at UCSF
Advanced clinical skills acquisition, personalized mentoring, professional development, and graduate teaching experience. Facilitation of monthly journal clubs and translating evidence into practice.
UCSF is a good work environment for one who is interested in continuous learning; It offers opportunities for growth. It is also fast-paced and one has got to be mindful about self-care.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
non that I can think of
Everyone at UCSF Medical Center is a hard worker and my staff workers and I always work as a team. We always make sure each patient is well taken care of.
employment is not long enough employment this place is not a place you want to work for i did not get payed alot of money i layed off for no reason and they did not do much with the knowledge i gave them about computer my skill where greatly underused
I thoroughly enjoyed working for UCSF medical center. I started there in 1992, I worked as a X-ray tech, then as assistant office manager in a geriatric Clinic. I later worked as a field service technician, going out to our various sites located within and around San Francisco. That was the bulk of my career. I later transitioned to the service desk and assisted employees, doctors, nurses and patients with their computer needs remotely.
I've advanced in positions multiple times with UCSF. Besides the fact that our union had to fight for our contract for 3 years and countless strikes later, we received a fair and reasonable contract.
Supportive, inclusive and accepting work environment. Supports lifelong learning and on the job learning without fear of failure.

Management is supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with smart, nice people.
Great place to work. Loved learning new things from the providers. Teaching and Learning are constant at this facility. Some days are busier than others.
I love to work here as a locum tenet . People here are extremely nice and welcoming.
With the exception of physical therapy team in the hospital. Some moody people in that department not easy to work with and not very communicative , lazy and rude overall. Dont recommend their PT/OT department. They don't do a good job nor judgement.
You have a better chance being hired at UCSF if you know someone. They are not proactive at locating talent so there are areas where the groups are homogenous in some fashion. The work perks for advancement depend on who you know more than your skill.
My work day is to make sure our clinic runs smoothly. I assist the doctor by taking vitals signs, cleaning rooms, medication refill, order DME , set up rehab, also set appointments
Very organized system in a fast paced work environment. Friendly and helpful team that provided great support. Bring your A game when working directly with the doctors/ surgeons
Clean out going good people awesome healthcareHelping the people working there would recommend more people to applyAmazing benefits Outstanding medical team customer satisfaction kids things done in a timely manner in an awesome location wonderful doctors
I enjoy working at UCSF in Oakland. The workplace culture is great and very relaxed. Management is very reasonable and usually accommodating. However, with the merging with UCSF Children's in SF, communication from management in general could be better.
To provide direct patient-centered nursing care to 34 bed medical-surgical unit that manage acute medical surgical patients with a wide range of diagnoses and care needs. Also, including patients on comfort care, hospice care, IV chemotherapy, peritoneal dialysis, chronic wound care, etc.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSF Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UCSF Medical Center.