UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive work place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 11, 2018
It's has being a great experience to work at UCSF/ Children's hospital Oakland. I love the fact that we have a great support from our work team. Very flexible department.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short breaks
No additional comments.
Administrative Assistant-I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2018
Proud to be part of an organization that is considered as the best hospital in California and also one of the top 10 hospital in the United States of America
Pros
Free lunches during selected holidays.
Cons
No additional comments
Productive fast pace learning environment
Hospital Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2018
It was a very pleasure to work for UCSF and I would return if I could.I have learned so much about transplant procedures and always doing research to improve procedure to help patients. The doctors are very collaborative and not so authoritative . The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the best knowledgeable doctors and helping the patients
i was a temp
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2018
I was a temp through an agency and I gained a lot of experience in insurance verification, billing, coding and authorizations.
my office was fun, and inspiring.
Great Company
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2018
UCSF is a great company to work for. They treat all employees and contractors equally and are fair, competitive and truly care for the patients. It is a great place to work for longevity and advancement.
Work place was stressful
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2018
My experience here was not a good one, they worked me so hard here with little to no help it caused me to have surgery on my right wrist because of the work load i was given on a daily basis and when i asked for help they would ignore my plea for assistance
Pros
good benefits
Cons
terrible management
Great People
Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2018
Worked with some of the best of the best in a world renowned facility in a beautiful city. It was a challenge every day but was worth it. Terrible commute
Pros
People
Cons
Commute
Very inspiring work environment
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 12, 2018
it is a wonderful work place with well structured responsibilities and resonable management
Team work makes a major strength in this culture.
Very deversitive environment
Pros
Lots of conviniences for good performance
Cons
n/a
Dietetic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 10, 2018
The culture at UCSF Children's hospital was like no other. The staff really is there for the patients. Like any other workplace, there is still competition and drama between departments, Overall this is a great place to work if you are there for the right reasons.
great place to gain skills but you have to change jobs to get a raise
Practice Manager of Stoke/ Asst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
GREAT benefits. I worked there for 10 years and it was worth it for the benefits. I felt like I helped many people and this was the highlight of working there--that and the great learning and discovery that you get to be a part of. However, there seem to be two types of people: the people who get everything done and government entrenched employees. After a while, you feel as if you are pushing a boulder up a hill which leads to burn out.
Pros
helping people, learning, and great benefits
Cons
working with others who don't want to work, nothing getting done quickly (working at the speed of government)
Work for another hospital.
Pharmacy Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2018
I and literally every single one of my co-workers are all actively looking for work elsewhere. Management is awful. The ceo is a greedy, drooling idiot. There is a reason 53,000 UC employees are going on strike right now.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else. managers belittle staff. hours cut with no notice. no home/work balance
great place
Intern, Osher Center (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2018
i had fun working there i had many friends there i worked really hard i tried my best to be a hard worker i also liked everyone who helped me get through the day
ward clerk
Unit assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 21, 2018
updating the grease board with the nurses names plus the patients names. Make sure the count is correct regarding patients in unit.. Check all supplies and replace what is needed. Answer phones,greet parents and other duties as assigned.
Pros
working withe wonderful people
Cons
non
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2018
Great experience, management and lots of learning. A lot of interesting cases. Top notch lung transplant service. Great cardiovascular service. Lots of devices to learn from.
Pros
Management, experience and money.
Cons
Hard to get vacation
Great culture
Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 21, 2018
My colleagues are wonderful, but HR and compensation is awful. Pay is not competitive with the market, especially with the work we are required to do.
UCSF Is a good place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2018
Good place to work, very innovative and proud to work there. Understaffed so workload may be more than as described on job description. UCSF systems are slightly outdated so not as up to date as the rest of the Bay Area companies.
good and supportive
Resident Chaplain (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. I am learning how to be a good care provider. This is one of the best programs I have been in. My supervisors have been supportive and good teachers.
Pros
Great structure and safe learning environment
Cons
Intense program
Hospital Unit Service Coordinator
Hospital Unit Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mission Bay CampusMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. The staff was helpful and always incorporated teamwork and collaboration. I was compensated well. The difficulty was leaving the job.
Young Crew
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 12, 2018
With a relatively young crew as cooperative as they are, there are insubordination amongst those who feel that they are being pushed too hard for the compensation they receive. Despite this UCSF has one of the best work environments I have ever worked in. The people are friendly and everyone genuinely enjoys the company of each other.
Fine Place
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  UCSFMarch 12, 2018
I enjoy doing research at UCSF. Great place and love seeing scientific advancement occurring around me. Lots of resources and coworkers are great. Great institution.