UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
excelent work place
Staff Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  VA medical centerAugust 14, 2018
UCSF is an excellent place to work. I have really enjoyed my 12 years of employment, and all the opportunities for growth. I have learned a lot and have been here through several advancements within the organization.
Worked with some of the best of the best in a world renowned facility in a beautiful city san francisco VAMC facility on ocean beach. It was a challenge to lab every day but was worth it. Terrible commute finally made me quit job.
Pros
best
Ucsf parnassus terrible
Distribution Tech (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2018
The people who are in higher positions treat people like trash.in Ucsf parnassus there is a very bad problem with Filipino workers playing favoritism towards there own kind and treating others poorly. The management is terrible nobody is ever held accountable and all issues are just swept under the rug
Pros
The pay
Cons
People who work there are very hostile and rude
This is a fun place to work in
EKG Technician/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 10, 2018
The doctors that I work with are great. The department manager is such of a caring, lovely, and very understanding individual. Co-workers are are great. The department that I work in, we are all a team player place.
great
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2018
great cool nice and excellent environment to work with a team. culture competence they pay very well. you met with patients from all over the world. diversity is respected their.
Great work environment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2018
Loved the people I worked with. Management was great. Work environment was very relaxing.
Enormous amount of work, short staffed. Felt like I would never catch up. Overall loved the people I worked with. Not enough help.
Work Culture
Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 12, 2018
Children's Hospital is an excellent place to work. I have really enjoyed my 12 years of employment, and all the opportunities for growth. I have learned a lot and have been here through several advancements within the organization.
Amazing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
Very busy. But staff is amazing, as well as patients. Great benefits and good pay. Management is ok, and It's very nice to work for one of the top ten hospitals.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Busy
typical day
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
a typical day at UCSF depends on your role. not sure if the union is a good or bad thing as many people on your team only want to do their job and not help
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2018
Are very supportive in aspect of personal and professional development. It is the #1 best hospital in northern California and #5 in the nation. Hence the expectations and standards are very high.
Good environment
Senior Admitting Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
Some coworkers may be difficult to work with, or even aggravating. However, for the most part, most of my coworkers were friendly and cooperative in working to service patients and ensure their needs were met.

Managers were usually pretty accommodating with schedule changes and job duty assignments.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Some aggravating coworkers that management ignored
I am an affiliate
N/A (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
As an affiliate, I do not know the working conditions of being a UCSF employee. I can only review from my experiences. The feeling that my work and opinion was not valued crossed my mind a few times, but I do my best to get the work done and provide excellent customer service.
Childrens Hospital
Authorizations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 28, 2018
Management has improved a little bit.
We do not get paid for Holidays, we have to use our PTO hours to pay for the holidays.
If we do celebrate an occasion or even a holiday, we have to pay out of our own pockets. We are always being asked to donate out of our own pockets.
Management never has enough in our "budget". Never enough, that the simple tools or comfort that we may need, can never be purchased due to low on budget.
Pros
Taking our 15 minute breaks and lunch
Cons
Micro managed
Ucsf
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 14, 2018
UCSF Medical Center was a very challenging environment to work in due to the fast changing world of healthcare. The hours were very long especially during the monthly close but I really enjoyed the work and interaction with upper management.
Productive work place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 11, 2018
It's has being a great experience to work at UCSF/ Children's hospital Oakland. I love the fact that we have a great support from our work team. Very flexible department.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short breaks
No additional comments.
Administrative Assistant-I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2018
Proud to be part of an organization that is considered as the best hospital in California and also one of the top 10 hospital in the United States of America
Pros
Free lunches during selected holidays.
Cons
No additional comments
Productive fast pace learning environment
Hospital Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2018
It was a very pleasure to work for UCSF and I would return if I could.I have learned so much about transplant procedures and always doing research to improve procedure to help patients. The doctors are very collaborative and not so authoritative . The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the best knowledgeable doctors and helping the patients
i was a temp
Prior Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2018
I was a temp through an agency and I gained a lot of experience in insurance verification, billing, coding and authorizations.
my office was fun, and inspiring.
Great Company
Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 31, 2018
UCSF is a great company to work for. They treat all employees and contractors equally and are fair, competitive and truly care for the patients. It is a great place to work for longevity and advancement.
Work place was stressful
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 27, 2018
My experience here was not a good one, they worked me so hard here with little to no help it caused me to have surgery on my right wrist because of the work load i was given on a daily basis and when i asked for help they would ignore my plea for assistance
Pros
good benefits
Cons
terrible management
Great People
Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 22, 2018
Worked with some of the best of the best in a world renowned facility in a beautiful city. It was a challenge every day but was worth it. Terrible commute
Pros
People
Cons
Commute