UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great place to work but needs better management
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 6, 2018
It was a great place to work overall. Good for networking and learning new things. The management, however, needs improvement. The workload is uneven and employees do not get enough credit.
Cons
Workload is not even
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 23, 2018
I loved working at Ucsf. I had a lot of job advancement and was able to increase my skill set while working there. Everyone is always willing to help and teach, from the MA’s to the Doctors. I honestly enjoyed working here and I’d definitely go back.
Patients' safety first and Career advancement
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2018
Team starts to huddle before the start of the shift to quickly talk about a daily update about the unit. Being able to be aware of what to expect for the day really helps everyone to be able to apply it for patient care and be able to focus on patients' safety. Teamwork is what I love about this job. You will never feel alone, you will always have someone to help you whenever you feel lost and also lets you grow and learn everyday
X-ray
RADIOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2018
I enjoy coming to work here, the staff is very friendly and knowledgable. The workflow can vary, some days are busier than others. The kids really motivate me to do my best here.
Lab system Manager
PM Special Projects / Lab Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 9, 2018
Review all lab applications and network connections.
Introduce new systems into to the lab system, like analyzers and front end robots and sensors. Relocated the Lab to a brand new location.
Pros
Challenging projects
Cons
everyone is really busy
CN not flexible
Neuro-Vascular ICU RN (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 1, 2018
UCSF, specifically Neuro-Vascular ICU does not allow or work with RN schedule, life changing events. All the PRN staff are Charge Nurses. Their schedule is flexible. The same is not true for RN staff. The assignments are done based on who is a Charge Nurse not skill level.
Pros
Long breaks, teamwork and Neuro Vascular ICU is within top 5 in USA
Cons
Too long of a commute
Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2018
The Staff were fun to work with, they were attentive to my needs. Everyone was hard working and provided great customer service. Everything was convenient and easily accessible.
Great Experience
STERILE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2018
- constructive teamwork
- fast paced environment
- team building
- professional
- great time management and prioritizing learning
- great communication building
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
I learned the importance of time management and ensuring that whatever you do has a thorough, unique quality to the product. I really loved this place.
excelent work place
Staff Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  VA medical centerAugust 14, 2018
UCSF is an excellent place to work. I have really enjoyed my 12 years of employment, and all the opportunities for growth. I have learned a lot and have been here through several advancements within the organization.
Worked with some of the best of the best in a world renowned facility in a beautiful city san francisco VAMC facility on ocean beach. It was a challenge to lab every day but was worth it. Terrible commute finally made me quit job.
Pros
best
Ucsf parnassus terrible
Distribution Tech (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2018
The people who are in higher positions treat people like trash.in Ucsf parnassus there is a very bad problem with Filipino workers playing favoritism towards there own kind and treating others poorly. The management is terrible nobody is ever held accountable and all issues are just swept under the rug
Pros
The pay
Cons
People who work there are very hostile and rude
This is a fun place to work in
EKG Technician/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 10, 2018
The doctors that I work with are great. The department manager is such of a caring, lovely, and very understanding individual. Co-workers are are great. The department that I work in, we are all a team player place.
great
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2018
great cool nice and excellent environment to work with a team. culture competence they pay very well. you met with patients from all over the world. diversity is respected their.
Great work environment
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 14, 2018
Loved the people I worked with. Management was great. Work environment was very relaxing.
Enormous amount of work, short staffed. Felt like I would never catch up. Overall loved the people I worked with. Not enough help.
Work Culture
Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 12, 2018
Children's Hospital is an excellent place to work. I have really enjoyed my 12 years of employment, and all the opportunities for growth. I have learned a lot and have been here through several advancements within the organization.
Amazing
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2018
Very busy. But staff is amazing, as well as patients. Great benefits and good pay. Management is ok, and It's very nice to work for one of the top ten hospitals.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Busy
typical day
Practice Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
a typical day at UCSF depends on your role. not sure if the union is a good or bad thing as many people on your team only want to do their job and not help
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 7, 2018
Are very supportive in aspect of personal and professional development. It is the #1 best hospital in northern California and #5 in the nation. Hence the expectations and standards are very high.
Good environment
Senior Admitting Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
Some coworkers may be difficult to work with, or even aggravating. However, for the most part, most of my coworkers were friendly and cooperative in working to service patients and ensure their needs were met.

Managers were usually pretty accommodating with schedule changes and job duty assignments.
Pros
Good team players
Cons
Some aggravating coworkers that management ignored
I am an affiliate
N/A (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2018
As an affiliate, I do not know the working conditions of being a UCSF employee. I can only review from my experiences. The feeling that my work and opinion was not valued crossed my mind a few times, but I do my best to get the work done and provide excellent customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSF Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2