UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

SPECIAL VIP DRIVER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 8, 2019
8 hours of work a day
learned many things
great culture to work.
going to work in san francisco heavy traffic
the most enjoable part of the job is meeting great people.
Best environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 1, 2019
Best place to work , very good management. Supervisors very understanding and helpful they interact with staff and employees professional and firm. Nothing but good vibes.
Pros
Great resources, great working environment
Cons
Challenging work with great teamwork
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2019
The hospital offers care to high acuity patients, that being said, teamwork and culture are fantastic. I've never felt unsupported.
Great working environment.
Icu
RN, CN II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2019
This is a very busy hospital that gets some of the worst cases and hardest cases. Patients are very sick so you have to know how to manage patient care along with working with alot of different people.
I work as a traveler
Telemetry Tech (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2019
I have been only here about 3weeks now and I’m enjoying it and I would recommend it. I’m working as a traveler on Assignment for 13 weeks. I love it out here in California and the people are good to work with.
A truly loving environment where children are cared for by highly trained professionals
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 4, 2019
Security services at UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland provides a great opportunity to become familiar with a broad range of medical services with a minimum of experience an training.
Pros
the people and children
Cons
co-workers often don't releive you for breaks
New experience
RN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 1, 2019
Worked in the hospital for 30 years with an Amazing group of women, respectful, caring, and smart

My last 8 months worked at a very specialized clinic. The amazing people that work there never have a break and on occasion have a lunch break. Management was not supportive, there is a lot of disrespect and put downs.
Pros
The hospital is very amazing, good pay and benefits
Cons
The one clinic is awful, discriminates against age, race and disability
Learning curve
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 31, 2019
Was a student nurse here for a short amount of time. Hardest part of being at CHO was the learning curve from dealing with adults to children. The most enjoyable part was being around the children and seeing the smiles on their face.
LIS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 27, 2019
A place to work and learn. I was able to take my time to listen and learn about the day to day problems in the lab. I will definitely missed the good people i meet there.
I Enjoy working at UCSF..!
Senior Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2019
I was hired as a permanent employee in 2010, and actually the pay was excellent back then. I unfortunately had to leave to Care for seriously ill family but recently was rehired as a contract worker. I hope to make it back to permanent employee soon, the pay will be much better. I am in a different position that I really like. The parking is a challenge because I live 2 hours away but recently found a Vanpool. I enjoy working here!!
Patient coordinator
Patient coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 17, 2019
A good place to work and grow professionally. Stay im good relationship with your co-workers, they can help increase your chances of growing at this center. Fast paced but still relaxed. A lot to do.
Lack of support
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2019
Lack of training, lack of management support, difficult process to be hired, and once in, it is just like any other place. Being part of the #1 hospital is false, as most people know, management pushes you to complete the surveys and a positive outcome affects everyone's annual bonus, as little as it may be for us at the bottom.
Benefits
Cons
staffing / scheduling / too much OT
Horrible
CODING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 13, 2019
This was the absolute worst employment experience I have ever had. The director walked around yelling, She dressed as if she had just rolled out of bed, and if you did anything that the management team did not like. You were a marked person. No opportunity to grow.
nice environment, amicable staff
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94118August 1, 2019
A day can be busy with assisting about 10 patients, or can be relaxed having one patient for monitor task, mostly they have eating disorder and patients need to be closely monitored.
Over a decade of experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 27, 2019
The pay should be better you don’t feel like you are getting paid what you are worth
HR support is nonexistent
Very hard to move up through out the company
There are a lot of shady upper management employees
Helping kids is the best part
Administrative Assistant III/Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 23, 2019
I work with a nursing staff that is so diverse. The management team is supportive in all aspects of my role and responsibilities. My days are busy with scheduling and payroll for the OR department. Learning staff's different personalities has taught me that every single person is unique in their own way.
Pros
Staff is great to work with
Cons
Job can be overwhelming at times
Emergency room RN
Registered Nurse II- Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2019
The ED has Amazing staff with great Nursing management! Never understaffed or felt completely overwhelmed. Lots of opportunities for education and advancement.
Good job
WEB COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 8, 2019
Loved my experience at UCSF benioff Children's Hospital Oakland it was awesome. The the co-workers were nice and the management treated me and the patients in the hospital the same.
very good learning environment
PICU Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 8, 2019
Hospital provides for a lot of learning opportunity, and teaching opportunities. Very busy unit that offers opportunity for advanced training and strong teamwork.
great
Machine Learning Intern (Former Employee) –  Mission Bay, CAJune 19, 2019
Doing research for publication is a bit sad. I joined with passion to change the world and implement something that's very affective. Anyways a lot of talented people here just not the right place for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UCSF Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at UCSF Medical Center.

Powered by Comparably