UCSF Medical Center
81High
4.2

UCSF Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States386 reviews
The company was very helpful to get experienced and even the stuff was very kind and very respectful. Also the all stuff was supposed each other, the communication was number one keys in that company. Sometimes we have short stuff but we always stay to cover the shifts.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Yes short break and lunch break
Too many experimental changes that are not well though out or evaluated before being implemented throughout the facility. Puts more work on staff and no work life balance.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
No work life balance
I loved working for UCSF. The patient population was diverse, co-workers knowledgeable and happy to answer questions, and everyone kept current with evidence. Reasonable schedule and productivity expecatations
● Work-life balance
Best plase to work

● Pay & benefits

Wonderful benefits

● Overall

I was hired by a staffing company . And I was a traveler on contract based employee . When my contract get over , UCSF didn’t extend that.so I was out of job . My working experience was wonderful and I love to work with them in future.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Daily working starts with morning staff meeting. After staff meeting, we visit patients, families, and staff. Otherwise, we have diverse didactics to be prepared for chaplaincy job. Many didactics consists of personal and peer group meetings to learn about myself and interpersonal dynamics. Individual educators and faculty are helping and supporting residents in the every process. Therefore the relationship with peers and faculty is important.
Pros
Health Insurance, Well organized program
Cons
Hard to commute
My salary is based on 17 years if increased value. This job was very rewarding giving back to the community and helping others in a humanitarian way. 30% of my salary was withheld for tax, benefits and pension which makes for no work/life balance and paycheck to paycheck existence for a single mom. I liked my supervisor but management was useless and had no clue what work i even did!
Great salary. Hours are not flexible. Great sick and vacation and holiday time. Management makes or breaks your department. Supervisors in my experience were under qualified and did not problem solve and were yes man or woman to the manager
At UCSF, the students, post-docs, residents, fellows, and attending physicians were every bit at bright as those whom I worked with at Brigham & Women's Hospital/Harvard Medical School, but were more relaxed, which made the work flow more naturally.
work as a student nurse at UCSF Parnassus campus. All the staffs are friendly and nice to students. Tons of learning opportunities! Lots of hands-on experiences!
I gained so much knowledge while working with UCSF, they are very supportive and excellent place to be at. I feel I have grown a lot during my year at UCSF
Advanced clinical skills acquisition, personalized mentoring, professional development, and graduate teaching experience. Facilitation of monthly journal clubs and translating evidence into practice.
UCSF is a good work environment for one who is interested in continuous learning; It offers opportunities for growth. It is also fast-paced and one has got to be mindful about self-care.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
non that I can think of
Everyone at UCSF Medical Center is a hard worker and my staff workers and I always work as a team. We always make sure each patient is well taken care of.
employment is not long enough employment this place is not a place you want to work for i did not get payed alot of money i layed off for no reason and they did not do much with the knowledge i gave them about computer my skill where greatly underused
I thoroughly enjoyed working for UCSF medical center. I started there in 1992, I worked as a X-ray tech, then as assistant office manager in a geriatric Clinic. I later worked as a field service technician, going out to our various sites located within and around San Francisco. That was the bulk of my career. I later transitioned to the service desk and assisted employees, doctors, nurses and patients with their computer needs remotely.
I've advanced in positions multiple times with UCSF. Besides the fact that our union had to fight for our contract for 3 years and countless strikes later, we received a fair and reasonable contract.
Supportive, inclusive and accepting work environment. Supports lifelong learning and on the job learning without fear of failure.

Management is supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with smart, nice people.
Great place to work. Loved learning new things from the providers. Teaching and Learning are constant at this facility. Some days are busier than others.
I love to work here as a locum tenet . People here are extremely nice and welcoming.
With the exception of physical therapy team in the hospital. Some moody people in that department not easy to work with and not very communicative , lazy and rude overall. Dont recommend their PT/OT department. They don't do a good job nor judgement.
You have a better chance being hired at UCSF if you know someone. They are not proactive at locating talent so there are areas where the groups are homogenous in some fashion. The work perks for advancement depend on who you know more than your skill.
My work day is to make sure our clinic runs smoothly. I assist the doctor by taking vitals signs, cleaning rooms, medication refill, order DME , set up rehab, also set appointments