UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

great company
concierge (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 22, 2018
O truly enjoyed working here. The company respects and listens to it's employees. We always had fun exercises to help us bond. The benefits were great as well.
Good Working Environment
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDNovember 9, 2018
This was an excellent company to work for. The pay scale was competitive. There was a lot of upper management support.. Training provided and room for advancement. Communities located throughout the country.
Fast paced environment
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
Staffing needs to be readdressed and managed. Leasing agents are pretty stressed out as there are too few for as many tenants that exist within the complex. Leasing agents double as tenant customer service and often have to assist with current tenant needs that pull them away from their leasing duties.
Co-workers are ok, clientele is awful
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2018
If you've never worked a property management job, it isn't for everyone. You will be yelled and cursed at regularly and 90% of the time the issue that you are being yelled at about is not something that you have the power to fix.
not a good growth culture
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2018
It was difficult to see myself working for and growing with this company. The mission is weak and the culture is highly focused on trimming where trimming is not possible
Great to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great company to work for. They make feel like a big family. Bonus are great as well as the pay. Tons of room to move up in the company they are always willing to help you get to the next step.
Marketing Associate
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNSeptember 18, 2018
A typical day at UDR started with a morning meeting within the team. Then the opening of the rentable units, preparing the office for customers, and getting ready for clients. Then as customers come in, selling lease. As current renters stop by, offering customer service and problem solving suggestions.

UDR taught me to deal with all types of personalities and how to solve difficult situations while keeping all parties happy.
Pros
bonuses, coworkers
Cons
difficult customers
i did not ;like it thee
Maintenance Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2018
i did not enjoy working there and i could not wait to leave even though i was under the impression it was a fun place to work but i was mistaken for it was not an enjoyable work experience
Great Culture
MANAGER, IT SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 12, 2018
Great work environment. Very collaborative. Everyone's voice is heard. Great work life balance. The people are awesome. They have a high standard so be prepared to work and be challenged.
Not recomended
Marketing Specialist, Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 10, 2018
I had the jobs of Seven different departments for a 500+ unit property between often 2 of us there daily. was only paid the same hourly rate as my fellows at other properties with only one of the seven rolls. there was a discount in rent, when in actuality they took a tax out of your checks. i would like to avoid any slander.
Current Employee
Community Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
Great work life balance, challenging and rewarding work. Associates are great and they have created a fun company culture. Upper Management is approachable and listens.
Reasonable pay; troubling corporate trends
Porter (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 11, 2018
I have worked for the company for several years. While the job was initially enjoyable with reasonable pay, over the past year or so, the company has been showing signs of financial struggle. Maintenance budgets have been shrinking, residents are seeing more miscellaneous fees, and the workforce has been shrinking. Many properties are losing qualified employees and struggling to find replacements. In addition, low level positions are now being reduced or eliminated. I would only recommend working for this company temporarily.
Pros
Flexible responsibilities, decent pay
Cons
Small budgets, shrinking workforce, lack of job security
Fast-Paced Work Place with Many Career Opportunities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 21, 2018
This internship provided me with the customer service skills, time management skills, and taught me how to better work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to reach a deadline. The company does a wonderful job offering opportunities for advancement and making sure to recognize success of individual employees.
Great Company to Start a Career With
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
UDR is a great organization that has many benefits for its employees. They offer many different training opportunities and try to promote from within.
All about the System
Concierge/Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 18, 2018
A very catty environment to work in. People didn't seem to care about their jobs very much and was just waiting to make the next big sale. I did not enjoy working this job and all and besides the tenants nothing about that job was good for me. It gave me good reception experience .
Great Experience
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 11, 2018
I learned a lot working at UDR. It was a wonderful opportunity and helped advance my career. The people working there were great and its more about who you work with than where. I'd recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Great Team, work like balance, good benefits
Cons
some management isn't as good as others
Summary
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 9, 2018
I worked for UDR many years ago. It was my foot in the door to start my career. My supervisor training me well and when she left she hired me to follow. It was a fair company with great training. It started my career and I am very thankful.
I loved and miss working for UDR
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 21, 2018
I left UDR to to a career promotion within a different company but loved my district and would go back with no hesitations if things didn’t work out at my current job. Commission was awesome and that’s what I miss.
Pros
Free lunches when DMs came in
Cons
No career advancement
Good company wasn't happy
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2018
SM was not the best. Lived on property and felt like the SM abused his power. Upper management was Honorable and didn't really care about you, they would look at you as replaceable.
Pros
quarterly bones
No Job Work Life Balance- Poorly Managed
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach CAMarch 12, 2018
Very stressful job- beyond the norm. Poorly managed and very poor work culture. Property Management is an amazing career but the environment at UDR is unhealthy and not productive. Poor working conditions- excessive turnover due to lack of passion and support by the executive level .
Pros
Competitive Salaries
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.