UDR, Inc. Employee Reviews

i did not ;like it thee
Maintenance Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2018
i did not enjoy working there and i could not wait to leave even though i was under the impression it was a fun place to work but i was mistaken for it was not an enjoyable work experience
Great Culture
MANAGER, IT SUPPORT SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COSeptember 12, 2018
Great work environment. Very collaborative. Everyone's voice is heard. Great work life balance. The people are awesome. They have a high standard so be prepared to work and be challenged.
Current Employee
Community Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2018
Great work life balance, challenging and rewarding work. Associates are great and they have created a fun company culture. Upper Management is approachable and listens.
Reasonable pay; troubling corporate trends
Porter (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 11, 2018
I have worked for the company for several years. While the job was initially enjoyable with reasonable pay, over the past year or so, the company has been showing signs of financial struggle. Maintenance budgets have been shrinking, residents are seeing more miscellaneous fees, and the workforce has been shrinking. Many properties are losing qualified employees and struggling to find replacements. In addition, low level positions are now being reduced or eliminated. I would only recommend working for this company temporarily.
Pros
Flexible responsibilities, decent pay
Cons
Small budgets, shrinking workforce, lack of job security
Fast-Paced Work Place with Many Career Opportunities
Intern (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 21, 2018
This internship provided me with the customer service skills, time management skills, and taught me how to better work under pressure in a fast-paced environment to reach a deadline. The company does a wonderful job offering opportunities for advancement and making sure to recognize success of individual employees.
Great Company to Start a Career With
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2018
UDR is a great organization that has many benefits for its employees. They offer many different training opportunities and try to promote from within.
Great Experience
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMay 11, 2018
I learned a lot working at UDR. It was a wonderful opportunity and helped advance my career. The people working there were great and its more about who you work with than where. I'd recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Great Team, work like balance, good benefits
Cons
some management isn't as good as others
Summary
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  OregonApril 9, 2018
I worked for UDR many years ago. It was my foot in the door to start my career. My supervisor training me well and when she left she hired me to follow. It was a fair company with great training. It started my career and I am very thankful.
I loved and miss working for UDR
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 21, 2018
I left UDR to to a career promotion within a different company but loved my district and would go back with no hesitations if things didn’t work out at my current job. Commission was awesome and that’s what I miss.
Pros
Free lunches when DMs came in
Cons
No career advancement
Good company wasn't happy
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 19, 2018
SM was not the best. Lived on property and felt like the SM abused his power. Upper management was Honorable and didn't really care about you, they would look at you as replaceable.
Pros
quarterly bones
No Job Work Life Balance- Poorly Managed
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach CAMarch 12, 2018
Very stressful job- beyond the norm. Poorly managed and very poor work culture. Property Management is an amazing career but the environment at UDR is unhealthy and not productive. Poor working conditions- excessive turnover due to lack of passion and support by the executive level .
Pros
Competitive Salaries
Cons
Everything else
Great
Porter (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 5, 2018
Great place to work at had alot of fun working, and learned alot of maintenance tasks, good management and great discounts, also my tasks were always well described.
Trainer
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day was great. Management was good. The workplace culture was good. I learned a lot and enjoyed the people. The hardest part was managing work/life responsibilites)
Very productive work environment, great culture
Investor Relations/Public Relations/Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 7, 2018
I learned a great deal working for UDR. They treat their employees well and established a culture that fit nicely with my personality. There were stressful days, but I always felt rewarded for going the extra mile
Pros
bonuses, great environment, employee perks
Cons
often long hours and occasional weekends during quarter end.
poor management
Former member (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 6, 2018
management, perticulary a property in Rancho Cucamonga is very Un perfectional,other staff members are overwelmed .Any other property is ok what I hear but stay away from VERANO
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
Good Company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Del Rey, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Love the stuff I was working with. When the company would give bonus they were good. Paid time off, paid sick was good, and overall the company was just great to you!
Dont Work Here
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 23, 2018
First thing in the morning u have to bow to the Princess (Property Manager) then u can try to do a turn in 1 day..At ur interview they say u have 5 days to do a turn but u have 5 days to do all the turns, so if 6 people turn in keys all 6 apts have to be done in 5 days, so get ready for 10-11 hour days, week ends ,and 2 weeks on call,2 weeks off, Get ready to set a timer when doing work orders, before u enter an apt,.set ur timer and when u come out stop it.Its too bad because the office staff is great, the residents are really nice people and the cleaners awesome. You will work all these hours,,week ends, nights on call but it wont be enough for UDR.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long Days
Poor management
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 12, 2018
No respect. staff don't last 90 days due to lack of management. over worked. lack of pay. short staff. Fair housing applies to some. favoritism in office.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
micro managed
Poor Management/Lack of training
Resident Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 6, 2018
This is not a company to work for if you are looking for management support and encoruagement to increase your career. They are very demanding yet alwasy look for ways to avoid paying overime and compensating the employees for the hard work demanded of the job. It is unfortunate becasue the coworkers were fantastic and the culture could have been terrific but management managed to affect the overall demeanor of the team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
meal penalties
very productive
Concierge Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 2, 2018
I loved working for UDR, I advanced within a year, Management trained all employes properly.Hours were manageble ,Diffrent locations, Hours start out part time but full time becomes available with time.
Pros
excelent company
Cons
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UDR, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about