UES

Working at UES: 17 Reviews

United States17 reviews

A pleasant atmosphere. It was just great people to swirl with.

I really enjoyed working at UES. It was a very interesting place and the work was very interesting to input information into the computer that all the drivers brought to me that they had done for the day. The company bought hand held computers for the drivers to fill out and ended my job.

Productive, got to learn a lot. Great company

Great company for those starting federal and research type contracts. Keep in mind that contracts may not get renewed or extended. Lots of good work in research, working with established scientists.

Pros

Health insurance, paid lunches, good money and opportunities to learn skills.

Cons

Old equipment. Never know about contract renewals.

UES insights

What people like
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work

A usual day would consist of check in, then most of the shift requires that I complete transactions by taking orders and handing the customers the appropriate amount of cash back or card transactions, then the night would complete with counting cash and cleaning the kitchen and front rooms.

Horrible place

Horrible place, very unprofessional, dirty, chaotic and unorganized at the time I was there. Ppl where arguing, starting drama and I was literally told I was to professional for them by the manager above me...

Fast paced and exciting work establishment

A typical day at work is very busy. There are many components to ensuring a successful shift for both me and my staff. From set up, to running the shift, to breakdown; there is rarely a moment of down time. I tend to thrive in fast paced situations, so this has never been a problem or detriment to my performance. I have learned so much regarding management skills at UES. I've been able to tighten up my scheduling skills, I've learned how to keep a detailed and accurate product inventory, along with overseeing a full staff among many operational duties. The staff is amazing. They care so much about what they do, and are always striving to make themselves better in their work. They have all added a lot of joy to my experience working here. As my first management position, the hardest part was separating myself from the staff. It's not the easiest thing to oversee a group of people who are not that far off in age from you. I learned that I had to be a little more assertive, and exercise a level of command. This resulted in gaining their respect. I absolutely love working at UES. I have learned so much working here in my first management position. UES. is such a unique environment. The concept and it's energy are unmatched to anywhere I have ever worked. It's been a great opportunity to hone in on skills that I don't think I could have obtained anywhere else.

Huge rime restraints always ruahunf to make deadlinwe

Family owned start up. in business for over 40 years, outsources work (dentures to china). I worked for them during start up and then left to work for kaiser.

Pros

Nice family

Cons

no time off worked 45 or more

good place to work

responding to daily issues with computers and registers at belk stores. Learned alot working with Ues. I enjoyed working with different managers and associates

Pros

worked alone no pressure

Cons

health and dental and vision paid time off

Great atmosphere

I have been at UES for 8 years. I love my co-workers, and the children. Would be very hard to leave but due to pay I need a higher paying job. This school is wonderful as in being like a family.

Pros

great atmosphere

Cons

pay is low

Ues boat docks

Ues is a great job it teaches you how to work on ships boats and do all kind of maintenance and strange things safely body armor equipment to help you out most of all it's a sharing opportunity

Pros

Really hard work

Cons

It's worth it

there was never a dull moment working with kids

They are great kids! They are respectful and they are very patient in doing their daily routines. I have learned a lot from them though they are still kids. They have helped me grow more patient and understanding.

Pros

accommodation is free

Cons

no break; no own room (privacy)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UES?

Good Place to Work as a College Student

Currently working as a college student. My coworkers are very nice and very helpful. I've been given the opportunity to be trained on a variety of equipment and develop basic skills in materials research. The company itself takes good care of its employees with bonuses, parties, meet-and-greets, etc.

great place to work and good employees

Loved working for this company; great people and good benefits. Bosses stood behind employees and would fight for them if needed. Good working environment.

Pros

awesome Christmas party!

Cons

had work meetings during lunch time

was a good learning experience

The plant shut down, the CEO was a little to involved and did not allow the managers to do their job. It was a great learning experience. I learned a lot about leadership, and was able to achieve a great profit in the short time i was there.

Great place to work, extremely competent and motivated coworkers

Loved my job, company really treats their employees well. The nature of defense contracting is what it is, UES is a top-tier contracting company to work for.

Na

I really don't have much to say. Spent a lot of time driving around 4 states repairing point of sales devices. And always some project going on that is due as well.

Life is great

UES is a great place to work they do some pretty cool things and I"m glad to be a part of this company. We have to keep moving in order not to stay still. The End.

It is a constantly changing environment and always something new to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UES. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits