UF Health Employee Reviews

Not enough help
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2018
Work in a multi-specialty clinic with over 50 doctors and we are short staffed with no help in site. The supervisor walked off the job and no good structure.
Excellent learning experience
Fortis Externship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
Excellent learning experience. Very knowledgeable nursing staff. Incredible team of nurses, physicians, and patient care technicians. Compliant with the florida board or nursing.
Great benefits with on-the-job training
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2018
UF Health is a great company to work for. Great benefits with on-the-job training. I've learned a lot working for this organization. They're all about opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Discounts
Cons
Pay could be better
Great place
LPN-Discharge Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 16, 2018
Job security, love the atmosphere, room to excel, excellent group of employees teamwork, always willing to cover one another, need to excel and add extra income.
Productive, caring, great place to work for.
Computed Tomography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 14, 2018
UF HEALTH Shands is a great place to work for, good benefits, schedules, managers and supervisors. A place to grow and expand knowledge, good learning.
Horrible Management
Transport Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 12, 2018
Patient Transportation had a new company come in to manage the department and the entire department went on a downhill spiral. So many employees complaining about unorganized, unprofessional, and pathological lying management. It is not even worth it to work at Shands if you start out in this department. Find another department and stay FAR AWAY from Aramark. They have ruined Shands reputation.
Pros
PTO and benefits.
Cons
Horrible Management and favoritism
Day at UF Health North
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2018
My job is VERY noisy! I work as a Monitor Technician. If you like to sit for 12 hours out of the day then this is the job for you, BUT if you are easily annoyed by redundant noises then don't apply for this position. Otherwise, UF Health has been a good place of employment. Offering tuition reimbursement and so much for more.
UF Health cares for employees, patients and customers
Benefits & Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 11, 2018
I worked in the HR Department. HR has an excellent leadership, work environment, and culture. Everyone takes proud in what they do, and CEO is very involved in making UF Health one of the best hospital in the nation.
Pros
leadership, benefits programs, training and development, hospitality, balance life and family
It was a floor nurse position.
Registered Nurse, Medical Unit 65 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 10, 2018
This was a great first job as a floor nurse. Good support from administration and they were understanding about schedule conflicts. Unit 65 was my home unit.
Pros
Great for a new RN
Cons
Floating
UF Health is an interesting and interactive place to work. Advancement is possible however certain departments are limited.
Supervisor of Patient Transportation (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
working in the hospital is a great place to network and discover if you have an interest in the medical field. it can be very stressful however working with patients from many different backgrounds and cultures as well as colleagues. the hardest part would be maintaining a positive attitude at all time for the sake of a healthy work environment and making sick patients feel comfortable. the most enjoyable part about working in the hospital would have to be making someone else feel better while they are going through hard times it really helps to be a "people person"' as well as having what ever medical knowledge is required to do your job. I've learned how to treat people better and rely on excellent customer service at all times. management can be frustrating but I have never had any major issues because I personally believe those who know how to do their job and do it right can avoid most issues with managment
Excellent Program Director & leader for the residents
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 6, 2018
Working in residency was rewarding as I was able to learn the culture of residents from other countries. It was also rewarding knowing I was responsible for getting the residents incoming paperwork completed in a timely manner so they could begin on time.
Pros
Excellent Program Director & Supervisor
Cons
Having to deal with unhappy coworkers
Uf health
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2018
Great company. Fast paced. Great staff. I didn't like the pay rate at all. I only got paid 8.50 an hour. I would have loved to stay but the pay wasn't good at all
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low pay
Good Place to work
STAFF NURSE (RN) (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 2, 2018
Good Place to Work. I feel like they provide many educational opportunities for you. There is any chances to grow and learn at UF Health. You are given Great Support.
Productive and Buisness Workplace Very Friendly
Assist during The Little Miracles baby shower (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
A typical day at UF is busy. People going in and out checking on their health . It was a really amazing place to volunteer. At UF I learned how to file.
Great office, and people to have worked with
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2018
I worked in one of the branch offices, family oriented, at certain times of the day it could get a little hectic, but it is due to the time ie a.m. and after the lunch break, just the nature of the job.
Our office is small so everyone worked closely and our duties often crossed over.
Really enjoyed my work .
Great environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Peaceful staffing Also you can grow with the company .The benefits could be a little better other than that it is a pretty nice place to work no drama , teamwork !!!
Management is Key
Financial Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Like most company's, UF has it's good and it's bad. I have a flexible boss, so as long as I work to his and the companies standards, life is good. The first 10 business days are typically the busiest because we are in 'closing'. This is where we gather data from the month prior and enter it into financial reports for Directors and Management. The rest of the month is spent on working the main bank statement and trying to solve any issues that may come up.
Good learning environment
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
Very fast pace,great learning environment not alot of team work patient loads are heavy ive heard bad things about management but my manager was great the hardest part of the job was not getting help from your nurses and alot of finger pointing my most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of the patients that counln't take care of themselves
Pros
Taking care of the patients
Cons
No teamwork
good place to learn skills
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
its a teaching hospital so there are lots of opprtunities to learn. providers and colleagues are eager to teach. compensation is competitive for the area.
Uf
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2018
The atmosphere was usually a great working environment. We were there to serve the public and to fill their medication orders in a timely and pleasant manner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UF Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight