UF Health Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
I was hired through an temporary agency. They were pretty strict and the training was not long enough. The scope of the job was to difficult for the training to be hit or miss. On top of everything it was all or nothing meaning they will let you go without any chances or explanation.
Productive and fun workplace
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Great staff, very informative and engaging. I was introduced to learning different positions and stay involved in all opportunities that was presented .
produtive
CSO Clerk PRN (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Good environment to work in , you can learn a lot, management is okay . Hard to Advancement , the culture of the workplace is a pretty good one. Nice
great place to work
Stock tech clean holding (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 15, 2018
i would go back in a heartbeat. miss my like co workers who were like family. i loved working for uf health because you have so much opportunity to advance and continue your education.
Pros
deals on theme park tickets and great insurance
Cons
not free lunch Expensive food prices
Uf Heath
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2018
I learned to care for the patient. Always listen to my patient because the patient will need someone to listen. I sit with Mental patient I monitor my patient
Corporate hellscape with pockets of hope
IT (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 1, 2018
Like most workplaces, UF Health is full of office politics. The problem with having this environment here is that it pushes us further and further away from our mission of helping patients. People are too tied up in their own worlds, their own research, and their own career advancement, often as the expense of genuine, loving patient care.
Awesome
Medical Assistant/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 31, 2018
Loved this job until manager did not have my back on a situation. Overall other than that I loved this job and wold recommend this job for anyone starting out.
Pros
Ability to learn different doctors offices and specialities
Amazing job!
Staff Nurse NICU (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 31, 2018
A great job and one I would return to after 20+ years. The chance to see the advances in the care and treatment of premature infants was amazing. It still amazes me to this day how the advances in medical care has improved.
Pros
Provided me with a sense of accomplishment for the work I did.
Cons
Rotating Shifts; pay
Aceptable place to work
Radiation Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2018
UF (Proton Therapy Institute) is a good organization to work for new graduated professionals.
Unfortunately the work schedule is so variable and this fact make it hard for employees with family and other personal responsibilities.
Employee benefits, like health insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement are not the best.
Pros
A good place to acquire professional experience
Cons
Work schedule is too variable and benefits are not the best
mixed work environment
Compliance (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 28, 2018
If you work on the clinical side, which is the business side then I think the work environment is better because that is where the organization focuses its resources. However, if you work in an area ancillary to the business, one that provides support there is a very high level of pressure to make accommodations and take shortcuts in order to meet the demands of third-party physicians contracted with the organization. This does not result in a supportive or responsible work environment if you have any type of compliance or regulatory reporting functionality.
Pros
pays above the local market for similar positions
Cons
high pressure to make management / doctors happy in spite of regulatory or compliance rules
Strong culture of quality improvement
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 20, 2018
Shands is a stellar organization to work for. It is a place you could be happy working for for life. Strong appreciation for nurses, lives up to its Magnet recognition. Strong emphasis on quality improvement, strong continuing education requirements. Rolls out changes smoothly.
Pros
Appreciated by management, schedule felxibility, plenty of OT
Cons
Pay in Florida for right to work state is poor, not justified by cost of living there
Fast Paced.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2018
The job was fun and exciting. How ever I only worked on one unit so I can not speak for the rest of the hospital. If you like heath care try it out for yourself.
interesting place to work
Unit Clerk/Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2018
Interesting and educational place to work. Great learning experience, multicultural, flexible schedules. Helped with patient care, assisted nurses and Dr. with day to day objectives
fun
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2018
good place to work and staff are great also. I have learned so much working at this teahing facility. when I graduated school I was unsure about my skill set.
A typical day at work consist of caring and assisting patients with great customer service.
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 8, 2018
UF Health being a teaching hospital offers many opportunities for growth in the medical field. I love working with the doctors, interns, and other departments throughout the hospital.
Pros
Working for a Magnet approved company, excellent teamwork.
Cons
No cons, just do your job well.
Better have your skates
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2018
A very fast pace pediatric hospital. There is sometimes very short staffed. The managers at the time I was there did not have you best interest at heart and would not go to the bat for you but it was an awesome place to learn so much
Great Place
Admission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 5, 2018
I learned a lot at UF health and they have a wonderful system that allows employees to advance. Even though it i s big organization they care about their employees.
The Pharmacy Department is not a good department to work for.
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 4, 2018
There are not enough Technicians. Night staff is overwhelmed by lack of staff. The day staff and night staff are not encouraged to be a cohesive team. There is a us verses them mentality that i haven't seen anywhere else. Managers are not there to assist you but more to keep an eye on you. Technicians have to pull together to provide quality care for the patients.
Pros
Steady paycheck
Cons
Frequently did not get any lunch break
good
check patients in and assist them to a room (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 3, 2018
i believe this company is a good place of employment but needs help in supervisor position. Having a RN or ARNP for a manager is not a good fit to me need someone with more experience
Overall, great place to work
Internship (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 22, 2018
The faculty and staff are all great and understanding of student priorities. There are a lot of opportunities to gain experience in different fields and collaborate with experts in multiple disciplines.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UF Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight