UF Health Employee Reviews

Clinical Research Coordinator
RN Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2018
There is a lot of autonomy now that we have been through so much transition and all employment slots are full with qualified employees. I do not feel that for the amount of experience I have that I am equally compensated. there are so many great things that outweigh the negative. Overall a good place to work but have to work a second job to make ends meet. the art therapy is a life saver for the patients and staff. The annual Childrens Christmas party is the highlight of the year.
IS Operations Analyst Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 12, 2018
One of the best Job you will find in Gainesville, Fl Pay is far and some Departments have lots of have lots career growth. Upper management does not care about employees. The man concern will always be the bottom line.
Wonderful teaching hospitial
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
Great learning hospital you learn so much there. This is a great place to anybody with beginning experience you learn a lot and there so much room to grow.
Care about employees and the community
RPICC Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work. Friendly co-workers and management. They care about the community and give back. They consistently work to maintain high standards to give the best back in health care.
Pros
Proud to be part of this healthcare facility
Cons
Parking
Reasonable Place to Work
Credentialing/Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 5, 2018
UF Health is a pretty good place to work. There does not seem to be great upward mobility but the overall culture is good. The benefits are fair and wages are typically a little below average against comparable positions at other locations.
Very outstanding establishment to work at
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 4, 2018
UF Health Shands hospital has given me the greatest experience as a nurse. I have learned so much regarding critical thinking, rapid assessments and overall patient care
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
3 year BSN requirement
Wonderful place to work!
TRANSPLANT FINANCIAL REP (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 4, 2018
The best part bout working with this company is it's diversity. People from a variety of cultures and ethnic backgrounds come to work and study here. There are so many people to interact with and a lot of new things to learn.
great place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 2, 2018
very productive fun place. learn vey well lots of training is given very dedicated employees. great place to work. great customer service. benefits are awesome
Excellent Place to work
Office Representative/Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 27, 2018
Great work place. Wonderful staff and administration. I did check in/check out. The job was not hard hardest part about the job is you will encounter difficult patients.
great place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Mangers are great to work with great team very clean work place .my favorite part bout the job was being able to build a bond with my doctors and nurses and patients.
Much gossip, and non-repect if you are not in the right clique
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 24, 2018
A good place to start when right out of school. However, it still has the mentality of a city hospital. Write ups, and catching you doing wrong are the general operating procedure. The hospital side is better managed and more positive. If you are innovative, and want to develop new services or ways of doing things, do not work here. The only thing noticed is what you did wrong, with no encouragement for new and innovative programs, or services. The use of analytics, and stats to manage everything is central. However, even having great stats won't matter when the gossip mill catches up with you. There are many amazing employees here, but they all keep their head down, and fly under the radar. Those that settle in can and do stay for a long time and do a great job day after day. However, they see their superiors change constantly.
Pros
many amazing employees who care about the patients
Cons
catching you doing wrong as much as possible
Safe productive place to work.
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 23, 2018
I clock in at 8:00pm and go stock several different floors through the hospital in a timely manner. I learned how to be quick and efficient. I love the culture of the workplace.
Review of UF Health
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 23, 2018
While working at UF Health, I learned how to learn with people undergoing difficulty, and sometimes unexpected, events with their loved ones and self.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
Hours
salary
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  JAX, FLSeptember 22, 2018
for the amount of experience a person has the company doesn't pay well, if you have over 10 years of experience a referral coordinator should be paid very well, there's a shands side and uf health side, the uf health side receives more from the company than the shands side which isn't equally fair.
Pros
low insurance benefits
Cons
low salary
Productive and fast paced
Patient Access Center Supervisor L2 (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 22, 2018
A typical day as a working supervisor was answering multiple questions from employees, trying to keep all referrals caught up, trying to field all questions from clinic managers, trying to keep up on referrals, and helping with phones all at the same time. Often times I had to work 60-80 hour work weeks to keep up.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Busy, often short-staffed, difficult to obtain additional staffing.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at work was making sure the patients were fed. It is a fast pace work environment ,hardest part of my job was pushing those heavy food carts , dealing with different attitudes
Pros
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 17, 2018
my dept is great however the amount of hours needed im not getting, i love my mannager and co workers it just that im looking for something different.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
typical day
Pharmacy Technician I (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 16, 2018
the typical day for me depends on the area you are staffing and the census for they day as it changes daily. We work around whatever we have to take make sure our patients are taking care of. The pace is never the same day to day. If its filling meds, delivering meds, or compounding we are all trying to work together to meet the needs of the patient.
The ER director is awesome and Wayne took very good care of his staff
RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Management consistently checked on how the flow was going thru the enter er and would step up and help with anything that they could. On our busiest days we were provided lunch and could breeze thru and grab something and run back to our patient.s
UF Health Shands is a Great Teaching Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Working for UF Shands was a great experience. Most of the staff were extremely helpful and patient. It is a trauma one hospital. You will experience many situation which will help increase your knowledge in your field.
Pros
Increase Knowledge and Experience
Cons
Pay for parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UF Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight