UFCU Employee Reviews

second chance banking
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
UFCU started off just as how every job starts off shiny and new but after that rubbed off the truth really came out. They were going through so much transition between management and products that they didnt know which end was up. We would have an hour meeting about it and maybe have a packet thrown on our desk and be expected to learn it while we fifty calls deep in the que. When you confided in management because of concerns they did not listen but what they did do was document your concern as a "situation" then using it against you as leverage at a later date... This credit unions was one of the WORST companies i have ever worked for. Im very surprised that their doors are still open. My co workers were the only reason why i stayed as long as I did. If I wanted to work for a big corporate company and be treated like a number i would of went to Bank of America.
Pros
A paycheck.
Cons
Very unprofessional, uncaring, and disorganized
Confidentiality Tips
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 7, 2018
This branch location at HWY 79 can definitely needs tips on professionalism and employee/member confidential information.

My worst experience as an employee. Now employees constantly check my account when I am not requesting any information. I’ve seen this happen to previous employees that worked there. Now, it’s happening to me.
Fast paced work place with fun people
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2017
As an MSR at UFCU we take upwards of 60 calls each day. This company has taught me a lot about member service and really going above and beyond what is expected. They are always upbeat and direct management is very in tune with their team. The hardest part about UFCU is communication between employees and HR.
Good Place to work
Consumer Loan Processor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2017
Mostly everyone you meet are good people. The culture is great, and the managers really push you to develop. It's definitely not a perfect place to work, but it comes pretty close.
Pros
good people
Cons
the bad apples.
Fun and engaging workplace.
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 19, 2017
I enjoy working for this company because it has allowed me to grow because there are many opportunities to move up as well as working on your resume for future endeavors.
Incredible organization
Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 10, 2017
UFCU is a great organization that supports it's employees and their personal development. UFCU definitely took staff morale to heart!
Good culture; senior management is mostly inept.
Business Development Manager - Wealth Managment (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2016
Probably better suited for entry level employees to get some good experience and move on. Many of the longer tenure employees are sub par and stifle innovation and the overall level of performance.
Pros
Lots of nice people work here. Good benefits.
Cons
Lots of incompetence as well. Way behind on technology.
Family Oriented and flexible work place
Member Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2016
A typical day is on the phones but the volume is manageable and colleagues are very friendly. I have learned to enhance my rapport with individuals, become more knowledgeable in other software programs and to become more familiar with de-escalating certain situations. Management treats you like family and my co-workers as well. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with certain members who I am unable to do more for. The most enjoyable part of my job is educating my members on their financial needs and helping them succeed in life.
Fun Work Environment
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2016
Very good company to work for, encourage coaching and training opportunities. Focus on members and not just numbers. Learned a lot from shadowing different departments of the Credit Union.
Pros
Coaching, and Traning
Cons
N/a
Not a job, but a career!
Personal Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 15, 2016
UFCU is a great company to work for. You will find many people with longevity and job satisfaction. My only complaint is the work life balance as a banker. Some branches do not close until 6pm with regular mandatory sales meetings which are either before/after work which creates for long days.
Pros
professional growth, job satisfaction, great benefits, great culture, great leader
Cons
High sales goals, long hours
Goal oriented enviorment with great coworkers and members.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TxSeptember 15, 2015
Great work to life balance and coworkers that felt like family. Sales weren't as important as the member experience. Lots of room from growth not only within the branch but also with different parts of the company. Upper management was always accessible, although it was sometimes hard to get a straight answer from them.
Fantastic
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 7, 2015
This is an excellent company. They promote from within so there are constant promotions. They help to you succeed and the managers are very hands on. The training process is 2 weeks and they are very thorough. The pay is great and the employees are friendly and bubbly. There are no quotas so no pressure. You get bonuses on services you sell, and you can do this as much as you want or not at all.
Growing Leaps and Bounds
Mortgage Services Originations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 5, 2015
The name brand of UFCU as a highly reputable mortgage lender in the Austin area has allowed members and non-members to trust its products and services. Upon arrival on any given day, I hit the ground running with the influx of applicants that would like to do business with UFCU. I learned that process matters, but more importantly, the people and staff matter most. Management is carefully chosen to lead the teams to provide the proper tools and big ideas to sustain the high volume and continue to provide an impeccable and timely loan closings time after time. The popularity of UFCU's service has created a high demand, and with the volatility of the real estate market, the management of high volume of applicants is the most challenging part. In the end, we see success at closing the majority of the time and I find it very rewarding when they applicant finally sees their loan fund.
Rich in culture and history
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at UFCU is a busy day with lot of member interaction. You will learn quickly how to pay attention to detail and how to socialize with your members. If you are having trouble your co-workers are right there next to you willing to help. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with unhappy members who will tend to take their frustration out on you. The reward for this job though, is the benefits that they offer.
Teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
- Great people to work with
- Learned a lot about regulations
- Laid back atmosphere
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
ok, place to work.
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 21, 2014
okay, t was a fun place to work. I enjoyed it, the co workers were awesome to work with.
Review
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2013
I was able to promote quickly in my first couple of years. I had some very dependable and trustworthy co workers. I gained very valuable skills and enjoyed talking with the customers.
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Lack of management support, pay is not competitive, lack of promotions available
Provide members with excellent customer service.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 25, 2013
Make deposits and withdraws for members.
Make loan and credit card payments for the members.
Balance coin at the end of the day.
Pros
Benefits, 401k match, being in a financial environment
Cons
no breaks, long days, no lunch
Awesome!
Loan Processor Commercial Lending, Loan Operations (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 9, 2013
Awesome place to work, UFCU rocks! Great work environment, Employee Benefits are awesome, Member's are great, Products and services they offer to members are great!

Management keeps staff informed on the budget and the financial condition of the Credit Union. It's great that the President can call you by name.
Great potential and lucky to have a great manager
Member Services Representative III (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2012
I lucked out to have a great manager. There is a lot of potential to make bonuses with the incentive program in place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UFCU. Our community is ready to answer.