UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Toxic work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2018
Toxic work place, no air conditioner, low pay, made me sick because of bad air circulation. I worked on to many machines at the same time. I need a lot of bathroom breaks because of ulcerative colitis.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Toxic work place
A nice place to Work but really Hot in side.
Inspector/Packer/ Hot Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 25, 2018
A really nice place to work, some of the Boss "Supervisor" were very nice and friendly. Learned a lot of Measuring, Counting, and how to use the Hot Presses which was very fun to do. The other worker where friendly and helpful. The Hardest part of the job was the heat in side. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work, talking to all my co-workers and Bosses.
Pros
Supervisors and Bosses are very helpful and Busy at time
Cons
The Heat
My days at work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 5, 2018
Everyday you go in to a fast and semi hard but friendly workplace. We help each other out when lines are down. Support the new ones on how to succeed in there job. You will learn new things each day even if some days are stressful when you try to figure out if a part is good or bad when you get multiple answers. Hardest part of the job is when people call off and you have to make the call to shut things down when you need everything. The best part is feeling like your team is part of your family.
Great company with great growth potential
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 13, 2018
UFP Technologies is a great company with some amazing employees. They are always innovating and you can always expect to collaborate on new initiatives. They are caring, not only about their customers but also about their employees and their growth within the company. I highly recommend to anyone looking to either start their career or further it.
Pros
Clean, safe work environment
Cons
Nothing I am very happy
No movement or flow
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 12, 2018
No Team work or ability to move up in pay. Management argue and Compete causing more problems that are not necessary. No type of coordination between zones forcing us to put out late orders
Fast Pace
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 22, 2018
Vey nice clean environment to work.Fast paced and time went by very fast.Hired as a temp.would like to go back and work for the company.oay was good as well
Pros
fast pasted
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 2, 2018
it was a decent place to work and if given the chance would return. the people there were polite and very understanding to a lot of things being changed and trained the new people very well.
Fast Paced
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAApril 20, 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced environment, you will enjoy this place of business. If learning new methods of manufacturing excite you, this is a great place to start.
Pros
Day shift only.
Cons
Culture needs work.
Dedication
Production Worker/Q.A. (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time there! It was fun and I would work there again! I had irritating times but where don't you? The people i worked with made part of that possible. And the staff was awesome when it came to any issue or any that was presented to them. I advanced pretty quick I think but I got to like any job I had there. The benefits was very helpful specially with a family. Looking out for your family now or future your can decently cover what you need to cover for them. I worked 12 hour days everyday starting my last day of training up until I left there. That was 70+ hours a week and I loved it.
Pros
Benefits, environment, advancement, what leeway we had was very helpful as well, and sorta pay
Cons
Temperature, breaks, communication, and sorta pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Good company to work for. They treat the employees very well. The people that I work with are fun, energetic, and knowledgeable about all the processes.
Helpful supervisor
Packer, cleaner, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2018
There was a change of supervisor's and Team leaders and the work hours from 8 hours to 10 hours during my second year of work here.
It is the supervisor that is keeping the review high. Because of him the work place culture is good. A typical day at work is to clean and pack making sure the material is done right. I am learning how to communicate with people and that is the hardest part of my job too. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to talk with friends while working.
Pros
Being able to talk with leaders
Cons
2 breaks with one not paid for a 10 hour day
not stressfull
Foam products Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2018
billing, deposits,verifying payable
new accounting system. learned how to process purchase orders
very helpful
sometimes stressful
very strict on punctuality
I love working
Pros
coworkers helpful
Cons
punctuality
Unappreciative Employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 8, 2018
Recruits experienced, talented and professional sales personnel for positions they claim are permanent. Waits until they gain sales and eliminates position. Poor management, creates a constant negative selling environment; dwells on what's wrong rather than what is right.
Constantly demotivates and poorly rewards sales team for their successes. Lacks direction in managing their sales team and very unprofessional leadership. Also, discourages ones desire to advance in this company,; offers little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexibble hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and advancement opportunities
Fast paced
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 4, 2018
This is a good company, to an extent. They say they understand family and how important it is but when it comes right now to it....all about numbers. The work schedule is astronomical and they mandate for an extensive overload.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
wearhouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 3, 2018
this was a very stressful environment. it was a very hot factory and people were passing out from heat exhaustion. other then that it was a nice place to work
Not a stable business at this time
Operator Machine (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2017
At this point of time, UFPT is hiring in machine operators at $13.72 an hour, I have been there for 11 years and it took me 10 of that to get to this pay. I want a proportional pay increase to what the new people are getting. These "walk ins" with little or no experience are insulting my time and commitment to this place. Breaks are too short. E.L the 3rd shift supervisor actually times your bathroom breaks. You go and "The Penguin" checks it's watch. MIOSHA will get wind of this one.Stay away from here, I am only 44 years old but feel like I have gone as far as I can here. Now I find out all the forced OT on Thanksgiving time and Christmas time is because if the GM and Line Leads make quota, they get a bonus and we do not see any of this.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great people
Cons
Short breaks, bad pay, forced OT
not fun at all
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 9, 2017
I don't recommend this place at all, management is poor. Pay is low & no help when needed. Management and office staff treat you like you're beneath them..I really dislike working here.
Kinda clicky on 2nd and 3rd but overall good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IowaDecember 7, 2017
Good people on each shift 2nd and 3rd are kinda clicky they've all known each other and worked together for a long time easy place to work and pretty good pay
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MADecember 2, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Always puts employees first. Premier foam fabrication company in the country. Strong engineering staff and top notch customer service
Very dirty and not safety oriented
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 16, 2017
Operator typical day is go in, find out who quit then get told to work overtime. If you have machine problems you are on your own. No one helps and it is your fault when things go wrong. You do what your told to keep machine running regardless of safety. If you have a confidential conversation with the plant manager, or supervisors, it is no longer confidential and it will not help get anything done. This is the dirtiest plant I have worked in and no one seems to care. They spend more effort in hiding stuff when visitors come than trying to improve the place. Machines are junk. Best advice is to stay away. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad management, low wages, insurance expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UFP TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight