UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Not the worst place you could pick to work, not the best
Business Development Manager- Medical Sales (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 26, 2018
UFP has some real potential and tries to harness it but there are a handful of issues that they struggle to solve. Management changes its mind every quarter on the direction they want to move the company. There is little to no training available so you must be able to learn on the fly.
Dedication
Production Worker/Q.A. (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time there! It was fun and I would work there again! I had irritating times but where don't you? The people i worked with made part of that possible. And the staff was awesome when it came to any issue or any that was presented to them. I advanced pretty quick I think but I got to like any job I had there. The benefits was very helpful specially with a family. Looking out for your family now or future your can decently cover what you need to cover for them. I worked 12 hour days everyday starting my last day of training up until I left there. That was 70+ hours a week and I loved it.
Pros
Benefits, environment, advancement, what leeway we had was very helpful as well, and sorta pay
Cons
Temperature, breaks, communication, and sorta pay.
Great company with great growth potential
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAJuly 13, 2018
UFP Technologies is a great company with some amazing employees. They are always innovating and you can always expect to collaborate on new initiatives. They are caring, not only about their customers but also about their employees and their growth within the company. I highly recommend to anyone looking to either start their career or further it.
Pros
Clean, safe work environment
Cons
Nothing I am very happy
A nice place to Work but really Hot in side.
Inspector/Packer/ Hot Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 25, 2018
A really nice place to work, some of the Boss "Supervisor" were very nice and friendly. Learned a lot of Measuring, Counting, and how to use the Hot Presses which was very fun to do. The other worker where friendly and helpful. The Hardest part of the job was the heat in side. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to work, talking to all my co-workers and Bosses.
Pros
Supervisors and Bosses are very helpful and Busy at time
Cons
The Heat
Unappreciative Employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 8, 2018
Recruits experienced, talented and professional sales personnel for positions they claim are permanent. Waits until they gain sales and eliminates position. Poor management, creates a constant negative selling environment; dwells on what's wrong rather than what is right.
Constantly demotivates and poorly rewards sales team for their successes. Lacks direction in managing their sales team and very unprofessional leadership. Also, discourages ones desire to advance in this company,; offers little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexibble hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and advancement opportunities
No movement or flow
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 12, 2018
No Team work or ability to move up in pay. Management argue and Compete causing more problems that are not necessary. No type of coordination between zones forcing us to put out late orders
My days at work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 5, 2018
Everyday you go in to a fast and semi hard but friendly workplace. We help each other out when lines are down. Support the new ones on how to succeed in there job. You will learn new things each day even if some days are stressful when you try to figure out if a part is good or bad when you get multiple answers. Hardest part of the job is when people call off and you have to make the call to shut things down when you need everything. The best part is feeling like your team is part of your family.
Very Warm Atmosphere
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 6, 2018
Very fun place to work with a lot of fun professionals. They take their work very serious, but also include fun opportunities to interact with one another.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
None to my knowledge
no ping pog
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MASeptember 25, 2018
My manager was great very understanding to our concerned with the production of the day,assembling medical supplies clean room work material. packing production of the day machine operate at time for production training needs work but great company.
Pros
1/2 lunch they take from paycheck but get 2 15 minute breaks .
Cons
i was their for almost 7 months by agency
Great start for new IT workers
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMay 5, 2017
Boss is very personable and knowledgeable of IT. He is always willing to answer questions, and help you understand and grow in your role. Calm environment compared to many help desk companies. You are not being bombarded with tickets, and you don't any pre-defined quota to reach. The people within the company are friendly (I've never had or even seen any major issues among co-workers). As Tier I support, you have a pretty light workload when it comes to tickets, so you may be assigned other duties such as inventory management and purchase orders. While the starting rate is somewhat low ($15/hr), it is actually more than most entry-level help desk roles which is around $12/hr.
Pros
Relaxed environment, job security, decent benefits
Cons
Limited sick/vacation time (PTO system)
N/a
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 13, 2018
Got rid of my position without any notice. No write up to tell me wheat I did wrong. I put everyone and everything with my customers above my own needs.
Pros
Cons
Beware
Toxic work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2018
Toxic work place, no air conditioner, low pay, made me sick because of bad air circulation. I worked on to many machines at the same time. I need a lot of bathroom breaks because of ulcerative colitis.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Toxic work place
Helpful supervisor
Packer, cleaner, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2018
There was a change of supervisor's and Team leaders and the work hours from 8 hours to 10 hours during my second year of work here.
It is the supervisor that is keeping the review high. Because of him the work place culture is good. A typical day at work is to clean and pack making sure the material is done right. I am learning how to communicate with people and that is the hardest part of my job too. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to talk with friends while working.
Pros
Being able to talk with leaders
Cons
2 breaks with one not paid for a 10 hour day
Fast Paced
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAApril 20, 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced environment, you will enjoy this place of business. If learning new methods of manufacturing excite you, this is a great place to start.
Pros
Day shift only.
Cons
Culture needs work.
Not a very good place to work at
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IAAugust 14, 2013
Go in run a machine, make adjustments accordingly. Occasionally have to do tool changes. Deal with changes in the pulp.
Sometimes co-workers are helpful most of the time not. If they see you struggling more times that not they will just sit there and watch you. It is a typical factory the drama is everywhere.
Management is the worst I have EVER seen. They give positions to people that have lower seniourity, will not come and give you breaks when they are supposed to. Do not come and check on you. Make you do a tool change and then decide to put it right back. Do not care about anything that is going on. You tell them a problem and they just brush it off. When they are short staffed make you do tons of ot and still expect you to work the weekends. Give horrible reviews and horrible raises.

the hardest part about the job is dealing with management and their 24 hr notice of overtime for the weekend.The best thing about the job is if everything is running ok then you can pretty much just stand around.
Pros
getting to stand around
Cons
short breaks, heat, pay
Very dirty and not safety oriented
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 16, 2017
Operator typical day is go in, find out who quit then get told to work overtime. If you have machine problems you are on your own. No one helps and it is your fault when things go wrong. You do what your told to keep machine running regardless of safety. If you have a confidential conversation with the plant manager, or supervisors, it is no longer confidential and it will not help get anything done. This is the dirtiest plant I have worked in and no one seems to care. They spend more effort in hiding stuff when visitors come than trying to improve the place. Machines are junk. Best advice is to stay away. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad management, low wages, insurance expensive
Very frustrating place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAApril 21, 2017
Ufp is on on many companies u can work and have fun at the same time. However it is very difficult to advance unless you're well like by the team members or the management. It is very odd how they operate. Deff can see the favoritism towards certain employes by management with the decisions on promotions. That has alot to do with the turnover rate being so high. Every shift has same rules but u can deff see the difference on how much they abide by them. If u want to get away with not following company procedures i suggest u work on 3rd shift or 2nd shift. Turnover rate also has alot to do with how hard they work u on certain jobs. It could b a 2 to 3 man job but will make u do it alone to save money on themselves when that isnt right at all. Long story short if you want to work there and advance kiss ALOT of butt,dont miss n be pretty if you're a girl. Dont believe me check it out for yourself.
Pros
Lose weight in the summer due to eccessive heat
Cons
Get digestion issues from swallowing your food so fast on a 15 min lunch break
Factory setting
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2017
Ten Hour work days. Poor Management. I have learned how to operate over five machines. Each day contains one twenty min break and a thirty min lunch..
Pros
30 min Lunch
Cons
No advancement
If all you need is a paycheck
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 27, 2015
A culture where employees hate to work, but need a paycheck. UFPT is struggling as the company attempts to reign in all the "ma & pops" companies previously purchased. A difficult task with good leadership, but impossible with the leadership in place now.

The environment is extremely hostile! The "blame game" is the only game that they play. Anyone starting below a supervisor level, can expect minimum wage, and even with 25 years of loyalty, you are going to be at about 14$/hr. Management is overpaid and highly incompetent. The company currently has a 50% on time delivery record.
Pros
weekly paycheck, and a nice one if you are management, but minimal if not.
Cons
terrible culture, worse leadership, hostile work environment, and no vision for the future.
Horrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 14, 2016
If you want to work where it is ok for Supervisors to have relations with there subordinates and try to get into your pants, take smoke breaks every 20 minutes, sneak away to do who knows what, where private conversations are non existent with management, plant manager who doesn't have a clue how to run a plant or has a clue what is really going on, never spends time with employees to make the culture better, never follows through, excuses is there best quality, acts like he knows employees on the floor and the list goes on. They can't pay us better but yet he has a viper? Management is the worst I had ever worked for and the full time employees treat you like your garbage if they don't like they way you look. Stay away
Pros
Check
Cons
stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UFP TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight