UFP TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMay 2, 2018
it was a decent place to work and if given the chance would return. the people there were polite and very understanding to a lot of things being changed and trained the new people very well.
Fast Paced
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAApril 20, 2018
If you enjoy a fast paced environment, you will enjoy this place of business. If learning new methods of manufacturing excite you, this is a great place to start.
Pros
Day shift only.
Cons
Culture needs work.
Dedication
Production Worker/Q.A. (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAMarch 4, 2018
I enjoyed my time there! It was fun and I would work there again! I had irritating times but where don't you? The people i worked with made part of that possible. And the staff was awesome when it came to any issue or any that was presented to them. I advanced pretty quick I think but I got to like any job I had there. The benefits was very helpful specially with a family. Looking out for your family now or future your can decently cover what you need to cover for them. I worked 12 hour days everyday starting my last day of training up until I left there. That was 70+ hours a week and I loved it.
Pros
Benefits, environment, advancement, what leeway we had was very helpful as well, and sorta pay
Cons
Temperature, breaks, communication, and sorta pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Good company to work for. They treat the employees very well. The people that I work with are fun, energetic, and knowledgeable about all the processes.
Helpful supervisor
Packer, cleaner, Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 26, 2018
There was a change of supervisor's and Team leaders and the work hours from 8 hours to 10 hours during my second year of work here.
It is the supervisor that is keeping the review high. Because of him the work place culture is good. A typical day at work is to clean and pack making sure the material is done right. I am learning how to communicate with people and that is the hardest part of my job too. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to talk with friends while working.
Pros
Being able to talk with leaders
Cons
2 breaks with one not paid for a 10 hour day
not stressfull
Foam products Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 16, 2018
billing, deposits,verifying payable
new accounting system. learned how to process purchase orders
very helpful
sometimes stressful
very strict on punctuality
I love working
Pros
coworkers helpful
Cons
punctuality
Unappreciative Employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 8, 2018
Recruits experienced, talented and professional sales personnel for positions they claim are permanent. Waits until they gain sales and eliminates position. Poor management, creates a constant negative selling environment; dwells on what's wrong rather than what is right.
Constantly demotivates and poorly rewards sales team for their successes. Lacks direction in managing their sales team and very unprofessional leadership. Also, discourages ones desire to advance in this company,; offers little to no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Flexibble hours
Cons
Poor management, poor pay and advancement opportunities
Fast paced
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 4, 2018
This is a good company, to an extent. They say they understand family and how important it is but when it comes right now to it....all about numbers. The work schedule is astronomical and they mandate for an extensive overload.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
wearhouse
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJanuary 3, 2018
this was a very stressful environment. it was a very hot factory and people were passing out from heat exhaustion. other then that it was a nice place to work
Not a stable business at this time
Operator Machine (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 19, 2017
At this point of time, UFPT is hiring in machine operators at $13.72 an hour, I have been there for 11 years and it took me 10 of that to get to this pay. I want a proportional pay increase to what the new people are getting. These "walk ins" with little or no experience are insulting my time and commitment to this place. Breaks are too short. E.L the 3rd shift supervisor actually times your bathroom breaks. You go and "The Penguin" checks it's watch. MIOSHA will get wind of this one.Stay away from here, I am only 44 years old but feel like I have gone as far as I can here. Now I find out all the forced OT on Thanksgiving time and Christmas time is because if the GM and Line Leads make quota, they get a bonus and we do not see any of this.
Pros
Nice co-workers, great people
Cons
Short breaks, bad pay, forced OT
not fun at all
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 9, 2017
I don't recommend this place at all, management is poor. Pay is low & no help when needed. Management and office staff treat you like you're beneath them..I really dislike working here.
Kinda clicky on 2nd and 3rd but overall good people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IowaDecember 7, 2017
Good people on each shift 2nd and 3rd are kinda clicky they've all known each other and worked together for a long time easy place to work and pretty good pay
Excellent place to work
Sales Representative/Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, MADecember 2, 2017
Excellent company to work for. Always puts employees first. Premier foam fabrication company in the country. Strong engineering staff and top notch customer service
Very dirty and not safety oriented
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IANovember 16, 2017
Operator typical day is go in, find out who quit then get told to work overtime. If you have machine problems you are on your own. No one helps and it is your fault when things go wrong. You do what your told to keep machine running regardless of safety. If you have a confidential conversation with the plant manager, or supervisors, it is no longer confidential and it will not help get anything done. This is the dirtiest plant I have worked in and no one seems to care. They spend more effort in hiding stuff when visitors come than trying to improve the place. Machines are junk. Best advice is to stay away. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad management, low wages, insurance expensive
Factory setting
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 27, 2017
Ten Hour work days. Poor Management. I have learned how to operate over five machines. Each day contains one twenty min break and a thirty min lunch..
Pros
30 min Lunch
Cons
No advancement
I liked it
Packer/Pulper (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 26, 2017
Wasn't a bad job. I loved the people I worked with. Management needed a little help. Loved my job as a pulper. A lot of over time if you like over time. Can deffinetley work you to hard.
Good company Better Coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 14, 2017
The company did give bonuses on holidays, but the management in the office was horrible the supervisors that were out on the floor with us were more attentive and helpful than the actual managers, my coworkers were AMAZING!
fun place free lunch on Monday and Friday
Lead Supervisor/Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at work for me was relax, flex hours, and great work environment. The hardest thing about the job was having to unload a 53ft trailers and a small dock area. It was challenge but I learned patient. I learned a great deal of work ethics at this job. I became a supervisor and six months. The most enjoyable things I received a bonus every month.
Pros
bonus
Cons
no air conditon facility
very fast pace job
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAJuly 24, 2017
Checking quality of parts making sure no defects that are not acceptable were not on any product if I had any questions I would ask the head quality but if they weren't around it was judgement call on my experience in that area. Before doing quality I was a group/team leader which included making the daily list for everyone solving issues that arouse and making sure everyone was doing their job and making sure they got the best training with what the company had to offer. Hardest part would be the fast pace the lines run and the being able to keep up while checking the parts. Enjoyed working when everything would run smooth with minimally issues..
Pros
good people, made time go by fast
Cons
Breaks, heat, keeping up, management
Great start for new IT workers
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMay 5, 2017
Boss is very personable and knowledgeable of IT. He is always willing to answer questions, and help you understand and grow in your role. Calm environment compared to many help desk companies. You are not being bombarded with tickets, and you don't any pre-defined quota to reach. The people within the company are friendly (I've never had or even seen any major issues among co-workers). As Tier I support, you have a pretty light workload when it comes to tickets, so you may be assigned other duties such as inventory management and purchase orders. While the starting rate is somewhat low ($15/hr), it is actually more than most entry-level help desk roles which is around $12/hr.
Pros
Relaxed environment, job security, decent benefits
Cons
Limited sick/vacation time (PTO system)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UFP TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight